• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
  • Before I go any further with my LeafGreen Nuzlocke Challenge, I have a question. What do I do about the Route 1 Pokemon? Running into one of them is inevitable on your way to Viridian City. When you first head through the route, you don't have any pokeballs. You don't even get pokeballs till after you deliver Oak's Parcel to Professor Oak. So are the Route One Pokemon unavailable to catch once you get pokeballs if you had ran into them on your way to Viridian?

Yes, I do believe it counts as the first Pokémon. It shouldn't matter much since Route 2 contains pretty much all of the same ones as Route 1 does anyway.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2019
    Yes, I do believe it counts as the first Pokémon. It shouldn't matter much since Route 2 contains pretty much all of the same ones as Route 1 does anyway.

Thanks for clearing that up and I actually took that as what it was before I read your response. Now onto my Nuzlocke Challenge.

Username:Roen52
    Game Used: LeafGreen
    In-Game Name: Artemis
    Rules Used: 1,3,4, and 5

DISCLAIMER: If your fourth wall happens to break, we are not to blame.

Prologue: The Introduction
    Spoiler:

Years
  • And I got to Azalea Town. Yessss

Chapter 1
    Spoiler:

Chapter 2
    Spoiler:

Current Team
    Spoiler:

Memories of Lost Heroes
    Spoiler:

Rules used: all of them. Including NO-healing outside of battle.
    Rules (for reference):
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • Wow, it's been a while since my last update. I didn't even know there was a new thread o.o (Fail on my part -_-')

But anyway... :3 Looks like I'll just have to sumrise the vital bits here.

Player: Zeph.
    Game: Pokemon RED Version
    Battle Style: SET

The Story So Far:

+ Picked Charmander. Called him Dargo.
    + Caught Pidgey (Jefferey)
    + Then a Nidoran (f), known as Chelsea.
    + Then a Weedle. His name is Larry :D
    + I beat Brock somehow o.O
    + Caught a Spearow (FeatherJoe)
    + Then a Zubat (Zuzu)
    + Got the Dome Fossil B)
    + And then another Pidgey (JeffereyII)
    + A &%$@ Slowpoke killed Larry :C
    + Beat Misty
    + Another Pidgey... -_-' (JeffreyIII)
    + I treated Vermillion City as an area, and bagged me a Magikarp! That's Morris the Magikarp B)
    + Caught a Drowzee afterwards :D (Jumbar)
    + Trounced Lt. Surge
    + Could have caught a Diglett, but Morris decided to evolve and kill it -_-'
    + On the way to Rock Tunnel, I decided to catch the Ratatta that appeared (Midge)
    + Next route... it's a Voltorb! :D His name is now Oswaldus
    + And I'm currently doing some grinding before heading into the dark o.o

The Nuzlocke Challenge
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

The Team:

Dargo (Charmeleon)
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Lv. 25
    Fire
    Scratch - Ember - Leer - Cut

Jefferey (Pidgeotto)
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Lv. 28
    Normal/Flying
    Gust - Quick Attack - Sand-Attack - Whirlwind

Chelsea (Nidoqueen)
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Lv. 28
    Poison/Ground
    Poison Sting - Seismic Toss - Mega Punch - Body Slam

Morris (Gyarados)
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Lv. 23
    Water/Flying
    Water Gun - Tackle - Bite - Bubblebeam

Jumbar (Drowzee)
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Lv. 25
    Psychic
    Confusion - Hypnosis - Thunder Wave - Headbutt

Oswoldus (Voltorb)
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Lv. 23
    Electric
    Sonicboom - Screech - Flash - Thunderbolt

The Fallen Comrades:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Wow, I completely forgot about my nuzlocke. I'll update this post in a bit.

UPDATE:
    I have no idea how much I missed cause I forgot about taking screenies but I'm just before Norman.
    Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

I will continue with my challenge while doing my others. (:

Last edited:

k137an

Smile... or go to jail
    Years
  • I am so for this. I love the sound of it. Emerald version. yay

will be following the two main rules and the one with nicknames.

only gonna be short as i wrote loads out earlier and it never posted and i really dont want to do it again so...

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Fire Red Nuzlocke.
    I tried to make it my own way, for example livening up the Pokemon's appearance a bit unfortunately spriting is not my strong point..
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

heLLkitsune

There's nothing for me here...
    Years
  • Hello again fellow challengers, I deleted the old leaf green save file (transferred my shiny Caterpie!) and I decided to begin once again the Nuzlocke challenge on my leaf green. So, here are the rules I'll be following:

1. If a Pokemon Faints, its dead, release it.
    2. You can only catch/recieve one Pokemon in each Area. A town is one area, a route is one area, a cave is one area, etc. Should you fail to catch a Pokemon for any reason (other than game corruption) than too bad.
    3. You must nickname all of your Pokemon (optional, but highly reccomended)
    4. No catching legendaries.
    5. Trading is disallowed, but the reasons following this clause are allowed. Egg trading is okay, same thing with Pokemon that can't have eggs. (optional) Trading simply for the purpose of evolution is perfectly OK.
    6. Change the battle style to SET. (optional)
    7. You can only use normal Pokemon balls to capture Pokemon (Safari balls are the only exception)
    8. Though gyms - once when you enter a gym, you can't go out unless you beat the gym leader and you have to beat all trainers
    9. You can't run away from wild Pokes unless your Pokemon's ability is Run Away (self destructing Geodudes will be a pain in the neck)

Kisspower12

Stupid Hero
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2014
    Im Signing up

I am gonna try this nuzlocke challenge. Its is my first time and id like to sign up. I shall be doing it on my POKEMON YELLOW
    The RULEZ

1. If a pokemon faints i must release it
    2. the first pokemon i see in each new area will be the only pokemon i will be able to catch in that area. if it dies, runs away then im out of luck.
    3. No LEGENDARIES
    4. Must Nickname All Pokemon
    5.No items Outside of battle.
    6. I must make a diary of what happens. (i will post some up soon)
    7. The game ends after the defeat of my rival in the final battle of the pokemon league.
    8. Cannot Leave A Gym For no Reason. Once i set foot in it I will Have to either blackout or win to exit
    9. if i run out of pokemon to use because theyve been released it will be considered a permanent game over.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I'm going to do a Nuzlocke challenge in Emerald. About time I'm doing this... I always thought it was too hard for me but I'm going to do it now :)

Below are the rules I'll follow.

1. If a Pokemon Faints, its dead, release it.

2. You can only catch/recieve one Pokemon in each Area. A town is one area, a route is one area, a cave is one area, etc. Should you fail to catch a Pokemon for any reason (other than game corruption) than too bad.
    3. You must nickname all of your Pokemon (optional, but highly reccomended)
    4. No catching legendaries.
    5. Trading is disallowed, but the reasons following this clause are allowed. Egg trading is okay, same thing with Pokemon that can't have eggs. (optional) Trading simply for the purpose of evolution is perfectly OK.
    6. Change the battle style to SET. (optional)

I might make comics if I have extra time on my hands.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Years
  • Progress so far:

Caught Lotad (Rainy), evolved into Lombre
    Mudkip (Nigel) evolved into Marshtomp
    Beat 1st Gym
    Caught Poochyena (BlackHyena), but boxed after because it was frail and weak.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

The Nuzlocke Challenge

The Nuzlocke Challenge

The Nuzlocke Challenge

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Imperialist

Rising-Sun
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2011
    Meh, I've completed White once. I'll do the Nuzlocke challenge on that one, if you wouldn't mind. I'll be following rules 1, 3, 4, 5 (Except for Zekrom- there, I stand resolute, plus you have to), 6, 7, and 8- Although my comics will be more on the line of a fiction narrative- I have no idea how to upload pictures. The first installment will be up... At some point.

Last edited:

2Cool4Mewtwo

Years
  • Progress so far:

Beat May in Rustboro City
    Caught Makuhita (Sumoman) in Granite Cave
    Beat Brawly, but Sumoman fainted in the process :(
    Caught Electrike (Wildy)
    Grinded a bit on Cycling Road and Route 110. Now about to take on the 3rd Gym.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

The Nuzlocke Challenge

The Nuzlocke Challenge

The Nuzlocke Challenge

The Nuzlocke Challenge

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    i think i've tried this several times already but never managed to finish... i'll try again.

Version: Yellow
    Rules: 1, 3, 4 & 5

i can't make comics to save my life xD but i'll try to type a short and sweet story with every update. thankyouverymuch.

just one thing... when i move through route 1 before i get pokéballs, does that mean that the pokémon i encounter there are the first pokémon and the only pokémon i would have been able to catch there? like, can i go back later and catch a pokémon on route 1? i think i can.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Years
  • just one thing... when i move through route 1 before i get pokéballs, does that mean that the pokémon i encounter there are the first pokémon and the only pokémon i would have been able to catch there? like, can i go back later and catch a pokémon on route 1? i think i can.
    I think the rule only applies after you get your first pokeballs.

Anyways here's my progress

Defeated Wattson with ease (Thanks to Nigel's Water/Ground typing)

Caught Replacement sumoman (Makuhita), Machop, and named it Muscle (I know... so creative)
    Wildy evolved!
    Encountered skarmory at route 113... but had no pokeballs left :(
    Finished the meteorite quest, and now at Lavaridge Town.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

The Nuzlocke Challenge

The Nuzlocke Challenge

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    good then.

Update 1!

Spoiler:

Team:
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    Abraham
    lv 11

The Nuzlocke Challenge
    Brew
    lv 11

The Nuzlocke Challenge
    Esekiel
    lv 12

The Nuzlocke Challenge
    Dino
    lv 3, lol

Graveyard:
    Spoiler:

Kisspower12

Stupid Hero
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2014
    Nuzlocke challenge "Prologue"

today was greeted by prof. oak. It was strange enough he forgot his own grandsons name. Being arrogant i kleft the town in spite for adventure...at least i tried anyway. that old man stoped me and hear comes a wild pikachu. The man had skills. He captured it like it was a magikarp. Anyway, he brought me to his lab and my rival "jack" was there. *sigh* such a rude child. Not only did he steal my soon to be evee but he also stole my dignity. So porf oak gave me my first pokemon. i named it "Maus". i challenged jack to a pokemon battle and paralyzed is evee with thundershock. =D he was so mad. I taught that spoiled brat a lesson. He left the lab in disgust. This day has been AWSOME!!!! We ventured into route 1 killing pokemon as we pleased. Maus finally reached level 10 and we arriveed in viridian city. Maus was healed and the first stop....POKEMART. The Proffessor must have alzheimers. forgetting both jacks name and his package. I guess i better return it. I finally gave it to him and now Jack wants to show up being douchey. Is he stalking me? o.o Ill keep my suspicions to myself for now. Anyway ive got a pokedex and my adventure is a GO GO GO!!!!

2Cool4Mewtwo

Years
  • I've gone through a lot between 4th gym and now... about to go into the magma hideout.

run-down of what happened

Spoiler:

Pictures
    Spoiler:

Deaths
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back