• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2012
    Alright, so I decided to do this on my Platinum. Started out and got the following done

-Got my Chimchar, named it Jayden, and leveled it up to LV.12
    -Caught a Bidoof right outside Prof. Rowen's lab, named it Der. It will be nothing more than a slave.
    -on the water near Jubilife caught a LV.9 Magikarp, named it Kaldur'ahm
    -In the cave before entering Oreburgh I caught a LV.5 Psyduck and named it Garth
    -Above Oreburgh I caught a LV.7 Machop, named it Feena and will be leveling this up.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2015
    I'm going to try this in SoulSilver! I started one, failed miserably...So I'll try again. XD
    Using the main two rules (No revives, fainted Pokemon must be released, and only catch the first Pokemon in each area.) And the nick-name one. I'll only be using heal items in battle. I'll also probably put this in story form, eventually.

Update:
    Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

Deceased:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    I started a light-hearted one on leaf green.

Spoiler:

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • I've got to get on that Champions list... and I'll do it the easy way. >;D
    Sign me up for Pokemon Red... I'll have it beaten until tomorrow.

EDIT : Here it is, Update 1. :-D

Let me Notepad this till I don't forget...
    Pokemon Red Nuzlocke :

-Started
    -Named myself Seco
    -Named my rival Raz (comes from Razvan, my real-life Pokemon rival)
    -Picked Bulba, named him Chaos
    -Missed a Ratatta on Rt. 1
    -Cauhgt a Ratatta on Rt. 21 ? (named Coraci, after some guy I know. His face looks like a rat's.
    -Caught a Weedle on Rt.2, named him Hairy... (hairy-something Pokemon)
    -Dropped Hairy due to awfulness.
    -Reached Pewter. (sidenote : really hate that I can't swap move positions in RBY)
    -Easily killed Brock. (Vine Whip)
    -Chaos evolved during grinding.
    -Caught a Spearow on Rt. 3. Named it Alt. Hope you like it, Alt. :)
    -(Surprisingly) found a Paras in Mt. Moon. Caught it. (Toad)
    -Dropped it. Don't know why. Don't feel like using a Paras.
    -Caught an Ekans on Rt. 4. Named SnakeB. (lol, out of ideas)
    -Deposited...
    -Won against Raz on the Nugget Bridge.
    -Killed a Kakuna and a Pidgey on the two routes north of Cerulean. Pretty sloppy...
    -Somewhere here, Coraci AND Alt evolved... things just got hardcore. (pmg wut ?)
    -Did quests.
    -Owned Misty.
    -I think it's enough...

TEAM :
    Get ready for weird movesets... at least on Coraci. XD;

Chaos (Ivysaur) Lv. 21
    Tackle, Growl, Leeck Seed, Vine Whip.

Coraci (Raticate) Lv. 21
    Bubblebeam, Dig, Quick Attack, Hyper Fang.

Alt (Fearow) Lv. 21
    Peck, Growl, Leer, Fury Attack.

So, yeah... took me about one hour to get to Misty. I'll have it finished until Wednesday-Thursday, I believe. :)

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Look who found his Emerald Cartridge!

Yeah so I havn't been the champion in Hoenn yet (only in Platinum and Moemon Fire Red Omega) so lets to that

Nuzlocke Emerald Log
    Day 1
    -Obtained Torchic (Kenny)

-Grinded Kenny to Lvl 7 (+4 Atk EVs)

-Defeated May easily, I found a Wingull before her which gave me 1 Speed EV since the (Mandatory) Zigzagoon fight gave me 1 Speed EV aswell I was at 2 Speed EVs and 5 Atk EVs (I'm at Lvl 8 Now) (EVs will be ignored during the notes but at the end of each update I will post there current EVs.

-Obtained Running Shoes and caught Poochyena (Veronica) and Zigzagoon (Vince)

Torchic Lvl 9 (Hasty)
    14 Atk, 3 Spd, Total 17
    -Scratch
    -Growl
    -Focus Energy

Poochyena Lvl 3 (Adamant)
    4 Atk, Total 4
    -Tackle

Zigzagoon Lvl 3 (Careful)
    Total 0
    -Tackle
    -Growl

Karpman, I would like to request to be the Platinum Champion, I did beat it on the old thread and I can always dig it out as proof. Thanks.

Years
  • This is awesome! I'm totally taking this challenge on Platinum. And does not healing outside of battle mean no Pokecenter?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    This is awesome! I'm totally taking this challenge on Platinum. And does not healing outside of battle mean no Pokecenter?

I don't see how it would be possible since there's a limit on the total PP restore items in the whole game, and it's not that many. They're kind of rare. So you'd eventually need to restore PP somehow long before you find your first ether or elixir, because even moves like tackle will run out frequently.

On an unrelated note I was going to post an update on my game so I may as well do it here: This time with normal text! And lots of pidgey first-of-the-route encounters (I'm going for the rule where you only catch ones you haven't caught before).

Spoiler:

Last edited:

marcc5m

what
    Years
  • Started an Emerald Nuzlocke.

Spoiler:

Current Team:
    Spoiler:

PC:
    Spoiler:

Dead:
    Spoiler:

Never caught anything good tbh :\

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    FAILED my LeafGreen Nuzlocke Challenge!

Spoiler:

So I'm starting a Ruby one.

Last edited:

Phantoon14

Actions Define Users
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2011
    Yeah so I just began a Heart Gold Nuzlocke challenge, this is the same post as the one I made on Smogon. If you use the forums, you can find me under the name Vp-Grim, anyhow this is what I got.

Heart Gold Nuzlocke Challenge - Update #1

RULES:
    Spoiler:

UPDATE:
    Spoiler:

PARTY:
    Spoiler:

BOXED:
    Spoiler:

DEAD:
    Spoiler:

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Ok, I'm going to start one on LeafGreen. I'll update as soon as possible. Here are the rules that I will be following:
    1. If a Pokemon Faints, its dead, release it.
    3. You can only catch/recieve one Pokemon in each Area. A town is one area, a route is one area, a cave is one area, etc. Should you fail to catch a Pokemon for any reason (other than game corruption) than too bad.
    4. You must nickname all of your Pokemon (optional, but highly reccomended)
    5. No catching legendaries.
    6. Trading is disallowed, but the reasons following this clause are allowed. Egg trading is okay, same thing with Pokemon that can't have eggs. (optional) Trading simply for the purpose of evolution is perfectly OK.

Last edited:

Phantoon14

Actions Define Users
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2011
    Lost the challenge.
    Got half my pokemon owned in the Second Gym by my own stupidity and the rest were cleaned up by the rival.
    I'm going to think out my strategies better then go for this again.

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
  • Update 16:
    -I started this update by heading out to Bond Bridge, which meant one thing... a chance to catch a new pokémon. :)
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    -I ran into a Gloom... not too bad I guess. I caught it and named him Flower (original I know, but come one... I'm on an Island called Three Island, so I'm not going to worry about it too much)
    -Made my way through Bond Bridge, and arrived at Berry Forest (more original naming here :/)
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    -The first pokémon I ran into was a Drowzee... interesting. I caught the Drowzee and named her Pendulum.
    -For the first time in a while, I had a choice of which pokémon to use (maybe even for the first time on this play through). After much debate, I decided to keep Mophead in the team, and deposit Flower into the PC for now.
    -After heading back to Berry Forest, I finally found Lostelle, who was being haunted by a Hypno. Dinobird took care of the Hypno, and I returned Lostelle home.
    -Handed over the meteorite and headed back to One Island.
    -It seems Bill and Celio had fixed the PC, so we headed back to Kanto... finally!
    -*I'm on the road to Viridian City*
    -Oh look, the Gym's open :rambo:
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    -During my sweeping of the Gym trainers, this happened.

-Oh my god! The Viridian Gym Leader is... Giovanni! I'm shocked! Shocked! :shocked:

-After I got over the shock of the Gym Leader being Giovanni, it was time for my final Gym battle...
    -Well... that was easy. No problems at all, and I now have my 8th and final badge.

Party:
    Spoiler:

Stored:
    Spoiler:

The Fallen Heroes:

Spoiler:

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • well...third times the charm right? My first two previous attempts have went horribly awry thanks to May and Lt.Surge but I'm going to give it another go this time on Platinum. My rules are below.

1. If a Pokemon Faints, its dead, release it.
    3. You can only catch/recieve one Pokemon in each Area. A town is one area, a route is one area, a cave is one area, etc. Should you fail to catch a Pokemon for any reason (other than game corruption) than too bad.
    4. You must nickname all of your Pokemon (optional, but highly recommended)
    7. Change the battle style to SET. (optional)

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • 1st Update:
    ~named Myself Chris
    ~Picked Turtwig as my starter named him Atlas
    ~Did the Rowan stuff
    ~Encountered a Bidoof on route 201 before I could catch it so no pokemon from there.
    ~Once I got my PokeBalls I ran over to Lake Verity where i caught my first Pokemon a Bidoof I named it Berta
    ~Encountered another Bidoof on route 202 but I accidentally fainted it :(
    ~Same story ^ but with a Budew and route 204
    ~Entered the Ravaged Path where a caught a Zubat tried to name it Name but I hit O instead so I now have Nome the Zubat
    ~Trained Mainly Berta and Atlas to level 10 & 12
    ~Beat my Rival after he spammed Leer about 50 times
    ~Caught a Shinx on route 203 named it Thor
    ~Caught yet another Zubat in Oreburugh Gate forgot to name it
    ~Caught a Ponyta on route 207 named it Craig
    ~Caught yet another Zubat in Oreburgh mine named it Enough
    ~Went back to Jublife for a bit got the old rod and caught a Magikarp on route 218 named it Sushi
    ~Sushi Died while training was Bound by an onix while I wasn't paying attention
    ~Went and beat Roark he almost killed Atlas due to he got 3 crits with Headbutt but I won in the End.
    ~Saved it here I plan on training up Craig so he can be useful in the future

Current Team:
    Spoiler:

Box
    Spoiler:

Deceased
    Spoiler:

2nd Update
    ~Arrived in Floaroma Town quickly jacked all the berries
    ~Defeated the Grunts
    ~Trained Craig up to level 16
    ~Took on Mars and won,Craig did it all
    ~Encountered a 2nd Shinx at the Valley Windworks caught it and Named it Elle I boxed Thor for her as she was already level 10
    ~Encountered a Shellos on route 205 caught it and named it Lois, I was glad as I needed a Water type
    ~I got a double Buneary battle in the Eterna Forrest Caught the highest leveled one named it Enid.
    ~Exited Eterna Forrest didn't grind in the grass as I have a question about it at the end of this update.
    ~ Continued through Eterna to Route 211 where I caught a Hoothoot named it Athena
    ~Decided to let Craig destroy the Eterna gymtrainers which he did with no problem.
    ~Battled Gardenia Craig Swept her without losing any Hp
    ~Saved It here I plan on catching a Gastly in the Old Château and grind the rest of my team up to take on Team Galactic.

Current Team

Spoiler:

Box
    Spoiler:

Deceased
    Spoiler:

Badges
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Oh yeah my question does route 205 North and Route 205 South count as the same route or are they different as different pokemon appear on them?

Last edited:

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • 3rd update
    ~Went and Caught a Gastly in the Old Château named it Auron
    ~Trained Craig and Atlas a bit more than took on Team Galactic
    ~Craig did most the work again Atlas was only used to take a hit so I could super potion Craig
    ~Got my Togepi egg and ran around in eterna till it hatched I named it Winston
    ~Battled my way down Cycle Road training Auron and Lois
    ~Caught my route 206 Pokemon a Gligar named it Turk (was watching Scrubs)
    ~Entered Mt.Coronet and caught a geodude named it Mable
    ~Went back to Floaroma Meadow and Caught a burmy off my Honey Tree named it Bonny
    ~Got my Eevee from Bebe named it Lynn
    ~Went to the Underground in search of a thunderstone
    ~Evolved Lynn into a Jolteon
    ~Trained Auron until he learned Shadow Ball
    ~Swept Fantina's Gym
    ~Saved before heading up to Solaceon
    Current Team

Spoiler:

Box
    Spoiler:

Deceased
    Spoiler:

Badges
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Also what are the rules concerning Mt.Coronet? I s it declared one area as a whole or is every time you enter it from a different route considered a new area?

Hawkfire-the-cat

I wrote this ya know
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2012
    @Gearuvagen:Also what are the rules concerning Mt.Coronet? I s it declared one area as a whole or is every time you enter it from a different route considered a new area?

I'm pretty sure the inside would be one area, but I'm not one hundred percent sure about the peak. I'd also reccommend training the shellos, they have decent stats and a brilliant type ^^ (have to be carefull around grass types though)

And about my nuzlocke I've advanced further (nothing incredibly interesting happened), but I'm a little too busy with HW to write it up. I'll try to update in the next few days though.

A few notes on what happened; contains spoilers though:
    Spoiler:

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • ~Headed up to Solaceon Caught a Roselia Named it Emma thought it could be a backup for Atlas
    ~Dropped Turk and Athena off at the Daycare
    ~Went into the ruins to get Defog caught an Unown F named it Why?
    ~Was careful not to enter the grass on route 210 until I healed the Psyducks
    ~Caught a Maril on route 215 named it Manford
    ~Got into a double battle everything was going fine until they threw out a Likitoung I switched out Auron for Lois I missed with Mud baomb and Razor leaf taking a crit from Rollout witch killed Atlas
    ~Replaced Atlas with Emma and continued on (I honestly thought about reviving him and pretending it never happened but I realized that was the Nuzlocke working the way it was supposed to so I just gritted m teeth and deposited him in the Dead Box.
    ~Encountered a Houndour on 214 but it Roared me away
    ~Found and Cuaght a girafarig at the Valor lakefront caught it and named it Paul
    ~Encountered a Buizel on route 213 caught it named it Lisa
    ~Encountered a Croagunk on route 212 named it Dana
    ~Ground for a bit and took on Maylene
    ~Auron took out Meditite and Machoke and Craig took out Lucairo
    ~Returned to Pastoria and Swept Wake with Lynn and Emma I was really impressed with Emma
    ~I flew back to Solaceon took Atehna out of the Daycare and taught it Fly/Defoghealed the Psyduck and went up I used a repel to get through the tall grass hoping to find a swablu instead I caught a Machop named it Helen.
    ~I got to Celestic town and Saved I'm going to have to Grind like a black smith if I hope to beat Cyrus
    Current Team
    Spoiler:

Box
    Spoiler:

Deceased
    Spoiler:

Badges
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    The Nuzlocke Challenge