• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

cutiecasie

The Kanto girl with attitude!
Years
  • Well I've done the first gym on ruby here's the report:

- Got Mudkip(Torrent)as my starter
    - Caught Wurmple(Sparkle) on route 101
    - Caught Wingull(Seashore) on route 103
    - Caught Zigzagoon (Zag) on route 102
    - Grind-Pokecenter-Repeat In the process Wurmple evolved to Silcoon then Beautifly
    - Helped Wally Get Ralts
    - Caught Tailow(Voador) on route 104(Boxed)
    - Caught Shroomish(Cant remember name)In Petalburg Woods (Boxed)
    - Caught Nincada (Ninja) on the route next to Rustboro (Boxed)
    - Grind-Pokecenter-Repeat
    - Beat Roxanne not to hard considering I have 2 Water types
    - Now i'm currently grinding Tailow for Brawly

Team:

Torrent the Mudkip lv13
    -Tackle
    -Growl
    -Mud Slap
    -Water Gun

Sparkle the Beautifly lv12
    -Tackle
    -Absorb
    -Poison Sting
    -Harden

Seashore the Wingull lv12
    -Watergun
    -Growl
    -Supersonic

Zag the Zigzagoon lv12
    -Tackle
    -Growl
    -Tail Whip
    -Headbutt

Voador the Tailow lv4
    -Peck
    -Focus Energy

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2013
    (Long time no update, whoops!) Painfully ground Abra up to Lv. 16 before challenging Brawly. I wanted to save Kadabra for his last, so I sent out my starter. Unfortunately, Brawly got two crits in a row and down I went. :( Whismur managed to take down his Makuhita before falling herself to a third crit. I sent out Kadabra against Machop, and oneshotted it. Meditite came out. I took out slightly more than half his health, and he hit me with something that took out more than half my health. I used a Potion, but disaster struck when he chose that turn to Focus Punch. Critical hit..... and Kadabra died. :( My others were so much lower levelled I didn't stand a chance. Meditite decimated my team completely.

Challenge fail.

T.T

It's a personal rule of mine that whenever I fail a challenge, I have to switch games. So I'm kicking it old school and firing up my Japanese Green. :) Starting with Squirtle.

Years
  • My challenge is over already... -.-

While defeating all the trainers along route 3, Nidoran was killed by Jigglypuff... Disheartened, I managed to push on. (Luckily Bugsy had evolved into Beedrill prior!) I then caught a spearow who I called Buuuurd, and added to my team. But then disaster struck in Mt. Moon. I was defeated by that Clefairy! I started off with Buuuurd so it could gain so experience, but the Clefairy was to strong so I switched out to Bugsy.... who was immediately put to sleep and pounded to near death. I decided to switch out AGAIN to Bubbles who I was sure would take it out. Wrooooong. My attacks did almost to nothing damage, and I was put to sleep. At this point, I knew at least one member would have to die. It was Bubbles. After Bubbles fainted I switched out to Buuuurd (as Bugsy had low health and was asleep) who gave a worthy effort but ultimately died. I then had no choice but to chuck out Bugsy who died instantly. Darn, I should've packed more potions...

Final Team:
    Buuuurd/Spearow Lv7
    Bugsy/Beedrill Lv13
    Bubbles/Squirtle Lv14

Ps. I still have a Rattata in my PC, but at Lv4? Not worth it.

Pss. Fun Fact; every member in my final team's name begins with the letter 'B'!

I'll be restarting on Emerald soon...

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Quick update, but I got a Wooper and Growlithe, I'm currently grinding them up to speed.

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2013
    Started off on Green. Beat my rival by a crit, trained up on Rt 1. When Sheller hit 9 I went across to route... 22? I think. Caught a Nidoran Female. Then went up to Rt 2 and caught a Pidgey. Currently grinding before going into the Forest. Nidoran's going to be my go-to gal, since she can't be poisoned. :)

Current team:
    Sheller the Lv. 10 Squirtle
    Nids the Lv. 7 Nidoran F
    Flutter the Lv. 4 Pidgey

Haberdasher

suffers from nostalgia
    Years
  • Got past Nugget Bridge.
    Also, I've decided that I'm playing with the variation rule that says that instead of just going after the first Pokemon on a route, you go after the first NON-DUPLICATE Pokemon on a route. Because I was undecided, then I encountered another Weedle and realized that having duplicates was a stupid idea.

Spoiler:

Current Team:
    Zimbabwe, level 8 Metapod
    Quinn, level 15 Zubat
    Penny, level 16 Mankey
    George, level 15 Beedrill
    Ellie, level 16 Rattata
    Adam, level 21 Ivysaur

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2014
    I am joining. Sign me up for SoulSilver. BTW Can someone help me on how to do a spoiler tag? I started but i wanted to put mine in a spoiler tag like most of the people in this topic

Brewds567

I'm dancing, I'm dancing!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2014
    To Trey.Logic

When you post a reply click on Go Advanced. Once the page opens, in the top right corner you'll see abc inside a blue rectangle. Once you're done typing what you want and highlighted it just click on abc and.....

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2014
    Brewds567 Thanks for the help man i appreciate it. Ok here is the Introduction. I know it might not be good but i would like y'alls Opinion on it.

Spoiler:

Pokemon
    Spoiler:

Haberdasher

suffers from nostalgia
    Years
  • Got to Lavender Town, beat Lt. Surge, lost a few bros along the way. I'm starting to think that teaching my Pokemon unnatural moves is cursing them...
    A few things in the spoiler may be slightly out of order.

Spoiler:

Current team:
    Splodey, level 17 Voltorb
    King Tut, level 22 Pidgeotto
    Ellie, level 21 Raticate
    Adam, level 31 Ivysaur
    Quinn, level 20 Zubat
    Zimbabwe, level 19 Butterfree

Last edited:

Pebblycone

Little Monster ♥
    Years
  • Update :

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    After I got to Route 9, I caught Groufon the Rattata. On Route 10 I found yet another Spearow, and I killed him. Two backups is enough.
    I evolved Failkein and Molette to their final forms so I could get and use HM Flash.
    Caught Boosh the Machop in Rock Tunnel
    At route 8, I caught a Pidgey. I was hoping for a Growlithe, so that's what I named it.
    Grabbed Kyle the Eevee at Celadon and brought down Team Rocket at the Game Corner. Hawkeye had a close call against Kangaskhan.
    At some point before Rocket Game Corner, Heinrick became a Vileplume.
    Brought down Pokemon Tower, accidentally killing a Gastly that I could have caught. Stupid crits.
    Puny had a close call against Marowak's Bonemerang, and Hawkeye had a close call against a Rocket's selfdestructing Koffing.
    Captured Snorlax on route 12.
    Also collected Aerodactyl fossil and Legento the Horsea from Vermillion.
    Still only one casualty. RIP, Deathfang.
    Team
    Spoiler:

Boxed
    Spoiler:

Deceased
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2013
    Got through Viridian Forest without losing a 'mon thanks to Nidoran. Squirtle soloed the gym with ease, the trainers AFTER the gym were actually more difficult... Mt. Moon was terrible. >.< Squirtle and Nidoran evolved, as did my Metapod, but I lost a few along the way... *sigh* Just got to the other side of Mt. Moon, going to grind a little before challenging my rival. ^^;

Team:
    Nids the Lv. 16 Nidorina
    Sheller the Lv. 17 Wartortle
    Buggy the Lv. 16 Butterfree
    Oni the Lv. 8 Spearow

Dead:
    Flutter the Lv. 5 Pidgey (Buttonmashed forgetting what I had out...)
    Oichi the Lv. 8 Spearow (Critted)
    Batter the Lv. 11 Zubat (Critted)

Haberdasher

suffers from nostalgia
    Years
  • Haven't done much with my LeafGreen run.

LeafGreen progress:
    Spoiler:

Current LG team:
    Splodey, level 23 Voltorb
    Adam, level 32 Vensaur
    Zimbabwe, level 27 Butterfree
    King Tut, level 26 Pidgeotto
    Ellie, level 25 Raticate
    Tomboy, level 25 Machop

However, I've started a SoulSilver Nuzlocke run. No-dupes clause. I will be using the Pokewalker, where every route counts as a different "area". Also, for some reason I'm on a Shakespeare kick when it comes to naming.

SoulSilver progress:
    Spoiler:

Current SS Team:
    Rosalind, level 21 Geodude
    Edgar, level 16 Hoppip
    Elan, level 16 Totodile
    Mercutio, level 15 Magnemite
    Gertrude, level 15 Kangaskan
    Miranda, level 15 Togepi

Last edited:
    Years
  • OK sign me up for a run on Leaf Green. Can't wait to do this challenge been meaning to do it for ages! Will post what happened after each gym.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Oh I won by the way. My FireRed Challenge is complete and I've already started a SoulSilver run.

Neptune and Spiral destroyed Lorelei, Icarus basically soloed Bruno (although Spike stepped in to take out the second Onix). Icarus and Comet took out Agatha between them, Spike took out half of Lance's team before going down to a crit Outrage (as if that move needs a crit, haha). Neptune did the rest.

I led with Whiplash against Gary, and he took out Pidgeot before going down to a crit Hydro Pump from Blastoise. Loss #2 in the Elite Four - my least successful E4 Nuzlocke run so far. Neptune took out Alakazam, Icarus took out Exeggutor, Neptune took out Arcanine after a ridiculously long battle between Arcanine and Comet, then Neptune finished Blastoise off quickly with Thunderbolt.

I win.

Final team:
    Spoiler:

The deceased:
    Spoiler:

Like I say, I've already started my next Nuzlocke on SoulSilver - I've just beaten Morty - so please could the OP add me to the Champions list for Fire Red and the Challengers for Soul Silver? Thanks!

Hooh

Only if for a night.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    R.I.P Odin, level 8-18

;~;

The Nuzlocke Challenge

I..I only wanted to evolve.. Like the rest of you!

On the bright side, I FOUND A FREAKING SHINY PIDGEY

Firered Team

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Glory
    Female
    Mild

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Swift
    Female
    Mild

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Meteor
    Bold
    Male

Nuzlocke is so fun but so sad. ;

Thankfully I beat stupid Misty without losing Meteor!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back