• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ostrich

Derpatoligist
Years
  • The Adventure
    Spoiler:

The Team

Spoiler:

Crypt
    Spoiler:

Edit: 500th post!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm in trouble with this run. I've only caught six Pokemon and I'm at Goldenrod. I almost got an Abra but nope.

Spoiler:

EB

Re: World
    Years
  • Crystal Castles - I'm Not In Love

Hmm... This idea could have easily been more thorough. I really do like the idea of adding outside elements to the games to make them alive again, though!

I might brainstorm more later. :cer_shifty:

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
    Years
  • I'll be taking this challenge [I'll do it on all 5 gens]. I'll do FireRed, HeartGold, Ruby, Diamond and Black. I'll be following rules 1, 3, 4, 5, and 6. Updates soon!

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
    Years
  • ~Hot n' Cold~'s Nuzlocke Adventure: FireRed
    Spoiler:

Starting Lineup
    Spoiler:

The Fallen Heroes
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Started my Nuzlocke run of Red. Only doing brief report this time, as last one may have been too long. Sorry to anyone who took the time to read the last one!

Part 1 - Up to Saffroon Fighting Dojo:
    Spoiler:

Part 2 - From Silph Co. to Finish:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
    Years
  • ~Hot n' Cold~'s Nuzlocke Adventure: FireRed
    Spoiler:

Starting Lineup
    Spoiler:

The Fallen Heroes
    Spoiler:

It's been tough so far. Between the beginning and Pewter Gym, I had no deaths but between Pewter and Cerulean I had 4, including two of my rising stars, Loretta ♀ the Zubat and Marie ♀ the Rattata.

Ninja Sky

"Ah! Le Strong Silent Type!"
    Years
  • Following Rules 1, 3 ,4, 5, and 6, I'll be starting this Challenge in Crystal.

Will update after every one or two gym leaders when I have the time.

Years
  • Completed Nuzlockes in Gold and Crystal. Since I was doing them simultaneously, it was hard to keep track, so I decided to just do a report of my Gold Playthrough.

Part 1 (Start to Elite Four):
    Spoiler:

Part 2 (Kanto Gyms):
    Spoiler:

Part 3 (Mt. Silver and Red):
    Spoiler:

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
    Years
  • Trying again...
    10437-Pokemon_FireRed.jpg

Pokémon FireRed Version
    Nuzlocke Challenge

Chapter #1 - Road to the Boulderbadge!

Last time I played on FireRed, it wasn't very successful so now I am trying this again. I started off my file and named myself John, and then ran out into the fields but Oak stopped me and took me to his lab. I decided to choose Squirtle, who I named Max. I then took on my rival, Green, and after a Tail Whip I used Tackle until his Bulbasaur fainted.

I then started to head to Viridian City, and on the way ran into my first wild Pokémon, a Pidgey. Sadly, I had no PokéBalls so I couldn't catch it. I found a few other wild Pokémon and Max eventually leveled up to Level 7. I decided I should go to the mart to buy some PokéBalls, but the nice clerk asked me to deliver a Parcel to Oak. I did so and back in Pallet Town, after I delivered the parcel, Oak gave me and Green a PokéDex and 5 PokéBalls. I thanked him and head back to Viridian. On Route 22, I found a wild Mankey, and caught that with my PokéBall and named it Kevin. I grinded it to the same level as Max, Level 9. I wanted one other Pokémon before I faced Green again, so I head to Route 2, where I accidentally killed a wild Rattata. I head into Viridina Forest and caught a Level 3 Caterpie who I named James. While grinding, though, Caterpie collapsed under pressure and died. We took a rest at the Pokémon Center after that very solemn event, and decided that the forces that we had now were enough to take on Green. Alas, they were, but Mankey had very severe cuts and bruises, but the Pokémon Center was able to restore him before anything deadly happened.

We head back into Viridian Forest, giving us all bad memories of our fallen friend, and took out our sadness on every Bug Catcher in there without a problem. We popped out on the northern section of Route 2, and strolled into Pewter City where we healed our injuries. We decided that we should raise our levels a little bit, and after both of the Pokémon were at Level 12, we head into the Pewter Gym, where the Camper was promptly destroyed. We head back to the Pokémon Center one last time, healed, and head to face Brock. Kevin used 4 Karate Chop attacks and it was over. We had won the Boulderbadge!

A-Team
    Spoiler:

Boxed
    Spoiler:

The Fallen Heroes
    Spoiler:

Encounters
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Challenge accepted. I'll be doing my run in HeartGold, I'm choosing Cyndaquil, and I'll follow the following rules: 1, 3, 5, 6, 7.

Notes: I'll only catch side legends for the pokedex entry.
    I'm using an actual DS, so prepare for less pictures and more word walls.

Chapter 1: The Beginning
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

GoGoShinyDunsparce

And Flounderp too!
    Years
  • Time to update my Nuzlocke challenge in Leafgreen! After beating Brock and catching Globus the Pidgey, we ventured cautiously into the cold and threatening Mt. Moon...

Progress so far:
    Spoiler:

Current Team:
    Spoiler:

Boxed:
    Spoiler:

Uncaptured:
    Spoiler:

Graveyard:
    Spoiler:

Ninja Sky

"Ah! Le Strong Silent Type!"
    Years
  • Ignore what I said a few posts above.
    I'll be doing the challenge in Emerald, not Crystal.

Anyway, I've just started, and got myself a female Treecko, which I named Scout.

Last edited:

heLLkitsune

There's nothing for me here...
    Years

• images

Pokemon Blue:
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Rules:

1. If a Pokemon Faints, its dead, release it.
    2. You can only catch/recieve one Pokemon in each Area. A town is one area, a route is one area, a cave is one area, etc. Should you fail to catch a Pokemon for any reason (other than game corruption) than too bad.
    3. You must nickname all of your Pokemon (optional, but highly reccomended)
    4. No catching legendaries.
    5. Trading is disallowed, but the reasons following this clause are allowed. Egg trading is okay, same thing with Pokemon that can't have eggs. (optional) Trading simply for the purpose of evolution is perfectly OK.
    6. You can only use normal Pokemon balls to capture Pokemon (Safari balls are the only exception)
    7. Though gyms - once when you enter a gym, you can't go out unless you beat the gym leader and you have to beat all trainers
    8. You can't run away from wild Pokes unless your Pokemon's ability is Run Away (self destructing Geodudes will be a pain in the neck)
    9. Each Pokemon can't be less than 5 levels lower than the highest level Pokemon

That's my sign up form and also my format for the future updates.

Last edited:

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    I'm actually starting a challenge in Emerald now.

This is what I've got so far:

>Started the game, named myself Moon (yeah...)
    >Defeated that Zogzagoon and picked Treecko, which I named Lorenzo
    >Went through Routes 101 and 103 to May, who was defeated easily.
    >Got the Pokédex and went to Route 102, where I caught a Poochyena called Youngblood.
    >Went through Route 102 and got to Petalburg, where I helped Wally catch his annoying rare Ralts -.-
    >Trekked to Petalburg Woods through Route 104 - encountered a Poochyena there but decided not to catch it.
    >Reached Petalburg Woods. Found ANOTHER Poochyena but decided against catching it.
    >Battled Bug Catcher Lyle and Youngblood died to his second Wurmple, at lv. 5. RIP Youngblood ;_;
    >Continued on through Petalburg Woods with just Lorenzo, defeating the Team Aqua Grunt and that annoyance James.
    >Went though the north of Route 104 toward Rustboro City, skipping a few Trainers for training later.
    >After healing in Rustboro City, headed automatically to Route 116 instead of going to the Gym
    >Upon reaching Route 116 I found a Skitty on the first try! Caught him and named him Cook (after the character from Skins)
    >Headed back to Route 104 to rebattle those trainers and train Cook to lv. 10.
    >Now we're at Rustboro City Gym, about to take it on with our trusty Treecko, Lorenzo and Skitty, Cook.

TEAM:
    252.png

Lorenzo - lv. 12

300.png

Cook, lv. 10

THE GRAVEYARD:
    261.png

Youngblood - lv. 5

I'll update more later, since I'm still playing atm.

Technician

Aerial Ace
    Years
  • Game: Pokemon Heart Gold

Rules:
    3. You can only catch/recieve one Pokemon in each Area. A town is one area, a route is one area, a cave is one area, etc. Should you fail to catch a Pokemon for any reason (other than game corruption) than too bad.
    4. You must nickname all of your Pokemon (optional, but highly reccomended)
    5. No catching legendaries.
    6. Trading is disallowed, but the reasons following this clause are allowed. Egg trading is okay, same thing with Pokemon that can't have eggs. (optional) Trading simply for the purpose of evolution is perfectly OK.
    *I am also adding another rule for myself: no duplicates. That is, if the first Pokemon I run into on a route is one that I already have in my party, I am not allowed to catch it, and that route is over. Tough luck!

Progress:
    Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

Storage:
    Spoiler:

Casualties:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2013
    Name: Misteryman1
    Game: Black
    Rules: 1,3,4,5,6

This will be a blind run as it is my first time playing black or white.
    If all goes well I will be recording my episodes and posting them on youtube otherwise I'll try and post as frequently as I can.

Technician

Aerial Ace
    Years
  • Game: Pokemon Heart Gold

Rules:
    3. You can only catch/recieve one Pokemon in each Area. A town is one area, a route is one area, a cave is one area, etc. Should you fail to catch a Pokemon for any reason (other than game corruption) than too bad.
    4. You must nickname all of your Pokemon (optional, but highly reccomended)
    5. No catching legendaries.
    6. Trading is disallowed, but the reasons following this clause are allowed. Egg trading is okay, same thing with Pokemon that can't have eggs. (optional) Trading simply for the purpose of evolution is perfectly OK.
    *I am also adding another rule for myself: no duplicates. That is, if the first Pokemon I run into on a route is one that I already have in my party, I am not allowed to catch it, and that route is over. Tough luck!

Progress:
    Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

Storage:
    Spoiler:

Casualties:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

zigazav

Fanfiction writer inactive
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2017
    Can someone please explain what is a Nuzlocke, and where the name for the Nuzlocke challenge came from?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back