• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Nuzlocke Challenge

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2019
    Xander's Pokemon Challenges

I've decided to play a fun hacked pokemon game with a twist. I'm doing a nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed

Xander
    Glazed
    Single

Completed Challenges

None Yet

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
    Years
  • Episode 4 everyone, time for the Violet City gym! :]

Challenge:
    Spoiler:
    Video:
    Spoiler:

ShinyHoundoom

Houndoom Fan
    Years
  • Username: ShinyHoundoom
    Version: HeartGold
    Single/Ultimate?: Single
    Optional Rules: -Nickname all Pokemon Caught.
    -Black/White out is a Game Over.
    -Species Clause is in effect.
    -Shiny Clause is in effect.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • This is it. Time to do Lenora.

Episode 3 - Lenora Time

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Oct 9, 2016
    I don't know if anyone has noticed, but Volga gave ownership of both of his challenges (This and Duo-Species) to me, due to him not being able to update them anymore.

Anyways, I updated the main post, if I missed anything, let me know.

And, is it normal that people sign up, then never come back to update?

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • I don't know if anyone has noticed, but Volga gave ownership of both of his challenges (This and Duo-Species) to me, due to him not being able to update them anymore.

People sometimes only come back to update when they either finish or fail the challenge. It's pretty common with challenges.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
    Years
  • I don't know if anyone has noticed, but Volga gave ownership of both of his challenges (This and Duo-Species) to me, due to him not being able to update them anymore.

Happy to finally see my name in the champion list and welcome to the challenge :]

Unfortunately it is normal for people to never come back to update. I've been off and on in charge of the solo challenge thread for years and there are still challenges that haven't been updated from before I started.

Update:

Episode 7 everyone, been up for a couple days but I forgot to post here :P

Challenge:
    Spoiler:
    Video:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I lost my FireRed game!
    confuoot.001.gif

Username: Astinus
    Version: Blue (Kanto), Crystal (Johto), Emerald (Hoenn), Diamond (Sinnoh), Black (Unova), X (Kalos)
    Single/Ultimate?: Ultimate

Update 1:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2022
    Here's episode 8, the most recent episode of my Pokémon Ruby Nuzlocke!!

(See the series so far here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LhhfMnBDYA&index=2&list=PLCpRzBB8fuxfez6Gtc-KzMa3yopMzu8OP)

A brief summary of episodes 1-7:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I got distracted by Pokemon Puzzle Challenge!

Update #2 for Blue Nuzlocke

Spoiler:

KadabraK

pokeboy
    Years
  • Username: KadabraK
    Version: Platinum ATM...overall FireRed/HeartGold/Emerald/Platinum/Black/X
    Single/Ultimate?: gonna go for ultimate

So far on Platinum I chose chimchar, evolved it and defeated the first gym leader. My main 3 pokemon atm are Monferno, Shinx and Starly with a Bidoof HM slave and possible psyduck if I don't find a better water pokemon of my preference.

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2024
    Username: SubVirus
    Version: Fire Red, Soul Silver, Alpha Sapphire (Starting with), Platinum, Black2, and X (+ Moon when it comes out)
    Single/Ultimate?: Ultimate
    Adding the Dupe Clause: 3 attempts to not get the same exact pokemon caught previously or bust (may the RNG gods be on my side)
    And "Separated Areas" (from OB) since I lose track of what's considered a new route and this will just be easier for me to keep track of the rules
    Update:
    Named my dood 'S'
    Caught a Mudkip named it John Cena
    Caught a Poochyena and named it Nibbles (rt101)
    Wasn't able to catch the rt103 Pokemon due to a OHKO crit from Nibbles. RIP zipzagoon
    Wasn't able to catch the rt102 Pokemon due to another OHKO, nerf John Cena's tackle crits!! RIP Wurmple
    Caught a zipzagoon on rt104 named it Picker

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • So like an idiot, I forgot to save after grinding the first time, so I had to go back and redo grinding. Took me a bit, but it's done and the team is ready...for the next update.

Episode 4 - Burgh Gets Bodied

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Oct 9, 2016
    Does trading with NPC's in game constitute a violation to Rule #3?

No, it just counts as a capture for that area.

For example, if you trade for the Onix in Violet City in GSC/HGSS, then it counts as a capture for Violet City.
    But if you catch the Bellsprout on, for example, Route 31, then trade for the Onix, you do NOT get an extra catch for Route 31.

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2024
    Ooh OK. Thanks for the quick reply

Update:
    Caught a Slakoth in pedalburg woods, named her Mrs Bunns
    Caught a Wurmple in RT N104 and named it Winple
    Winple evolved into cascoon and then Dustox
    Traded in game to get Makit the Makuhita who decided not to listen to me since acquiring....
    Defeated Roxanne mostly using John Cena's water gun.
    Current team: lvl11 Nibbles/Poochyena, lvl11 Picker/Zipzagoon, lvl11 Winple/Dustox @quick claw, lvl13 Makit/Makuhita, and lvl14 John Cena/Mudkip
    Update#2:
    Caught a Taillow on RT116 and named her Flappy
    Caught a Whismur in Rusturf Tunnel lvl1 and named him Greed (boxed)
    Caught a Tentacruel in RT107 with the old rod and named him Lewd (boxed)
    Caught a Magikarp in Dewford Town with the old rod and named him Lucky (boxed)
    Caught a Magikarp in RT106 with the old rod and named him Gyro (boxed)
    Caught a Zubat in Granit Cave lvl1 and named him DaBoss (boxed)
    Defeated Brawly with just my Taillow finally getting Wing Attack from defeated the trainer right before Brawly... it basically went "Wing attack - Bulk UP - Wing attack *Dead* NEXT! Wing attack - Bulk UP - Wing Attack *Dead* free badge~~
    Current team: lvl 15 Nibbles/Poochyena, lvl 15 Flappy/Taillow @Quick Claw, lvl 15 Picker/Zipzagoon, lvl 15 Winple/Dustox, lvl 17 John Cena/Mudkip, lvl 18 Makit/Makuhita
    Almost lost Flappy to the second trainer of Brawly's gym due to a wtfcrit for 30 of 33 health, but so far no deaths.(not including failed catches)
    Update#3
    Won the Cool Contest with Flappy - netting me a Pikachu gift.
    Caught a Voltorb on Rt 110 and named it Bad Gag Gift - In doing so my Poochyena evolved into Mightyena.
    Defeated May, RIP Flappy... died from being trapped in a whirlpool and getting rollout stacks higher than could be healed through. Unfortunately the whirlpool trapped for 5 turns and the 5th turn was what did Flappy in. This death also took the Quick Claw down with her.
    Unboxed lvl9 DaBoss/Zubat since... I need someone that can fly eventually.
    Defeated Wattson with only my lvl 23 Nibbles/Mightyena. Didn't stand a chance.
    Current team: lvl 13 DaBoss/Zubat, lvl 22 Picker/Linoone, lvl 23 Winple/Dustox, lvl 23 Nibbles/Mightyena, lvl 24 John Cena/Marshtomp, and lvl 26 Makit/Hariyama.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    PC name: RocketBunny
    Game: Alpha Sapphire
    Single Challenge.

Optional:
    Nickname all Pokemon
    (Started half hour before posting this)

Pokemon:
    Muddy - Mudkip
    Sky - Taillow