• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Official 4th Gen Shiny Thread

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2012
    I have a shiny Gyrados (Horrible spelling. o.o) and then a shiny Arcues,Kirlia,Shaymin,Rayquaza,Charizard,Darkrai,and Salamence. Other than the Roid-high Magikarp Gyrados, all are examples of my love and undying passion for using Pokegen to give me event legends and such. xD

Mr. Waltzie

Major Fan!
    Years
  • There was once that I caught a shiny Pidgey in HG and a shiny Audino in Black and White... It's like you cannot miss out any shiny Pokemon!

Draganera

lolwhut? :D
    Years
  • To be honest: Besides of the Shiny Gyarados, I never caught a Shiny Pokémon in Gen. 4. <__< (I just caught a Shiny Zigzagoon in Ruby, but this doesn't count..I think.)

Some Shinys look awesome, some aren't very good. But I want some, I just can't find them. >__<

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • the only shiny i ever found was a shiny oddish...but then my little brother restarted my sapphire and i lost it. i want a shiny vileplume... :( other than that, i never found a shiny in 4th or 5th gen. i think seeing one with the amazing graphics they have now would be wonderful. :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2023
    My friend found a shiny voltorb. He tried to weaken it before catching. First turn, BOOM - Self Destruct.

Years
  • Hum.
    Ran into a shiny starly in my Diamond, but a) any attack would kill it in one hit, b) I hadn't even gotten the pokedex yet at that point (Diamond is a PokeRus game)
    Pearl got me a (completely unused) shiny geodude
    After a long while, Platinum gave me a (also unused) shiny budew
    SS is a Pokerus game...
    HG... before we finally went to Mr. Pokemon, shiny sentret, shiny rattata (we took photos, so we know that our starter was on levels 29 and 38 respectively. We IceFangKO'd them in respect); later, whilst looking for a growlithe, shiny pidgey (who is awesome); later still a shiny pinsir in the Bug Catching contest. He nearly gave us a heart attack, I swear, but we got him (and is awesome too, but in a different way).

And then there's my Nuzlocke Diamond (my only GenIV one), in which, somehow, in under a period of fourty eight hours, we ran into two wurmple and a bidoof (and now I have three dustox in that game. And a shiny bibarel.)
    (shinies are everywhere for me recently- that's five for me in the last week [only listed gen IV shinies, though])

Never chained one, never got a Reset'ed, never hatched one.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • Ffff! So I was doing a solo playthrough of Platinum for Bidoof and I was just getting the TM for Rock Tomb in Ravaged Path and all of a sudden a shiny Zubat comes up!

I didn't even react at first because I normally do train shiny Pokemon on playthroughs but then I realized this wasn't my Pokemon (and my Pokemon wasn't shiny) so I quickly closed the DS. I didn't even know it was a Zubat until I opened it up to record. xD;

It's Hasty nature, which is actually pretty good since it raises Speed. I don't know if I will keep it as a Golbat or evolve it to Crobat, since I already have a Crobat shiny. odfjkoskdfosk EXCITED <3

Here's the video:

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • I have never gotten a shiny on my real Pokémon games but when I played HG Japanese rom on my computer I found a Shiny Hoothoot. It's a shame that I can't get it from there to anywhere else...

And as a sidenote, I've had three Shiny Raticate in my life, first one as Rattata on my computer in Pokémon Gold (don't remember where I got it), second one as Raticate in Silver on computer from Route 38 (west from Ecruteak) and third one as Rattata in Gold on my phone from Union Cave.

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    ive only caught 1 shiny in my pokemon career excluding red gyarados. shiny rattata in crystal or silver (cant remember) i just pc'd him. i really dislike rattata

thanks to gts in SS i was able to get a shiny charmander for an old fortress i had lying around in the pc. :D
    so happy about that... but thats all i got on shinys...

how do you guys catch so many shinys... looking at this forum, it doesnt that hard for you guys cus i see A LOT on the trade column.

Miyako

Rolling~♥~Bubbles
    Years
  • The first shiny I ever got OUT OF ALL THE GAMES was a Geodude on HG, within the first hour of restarting the game. (Not including Rumble, the Red Gyarados or the day care egg in Crystal) I named her Pyrite. <3
    The Official 4th Gen Shiny Thread

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2012
    Yay i got 2 shinies within the space of an hour a few days back!! a shiny tangela in mt. silver and draini in the gamecorner :D

Years
  • I'm hoping to encounter at least ONE in my Daimond but so far have made no progress. I've had much luck before in my ruby with shinies so I hope to get some in Gen IV.

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    if anyone has a shiny jolly/adamant growlith or arcanine pm/vm me. im really looking for one.

Back