• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: The Official DayAndNight-Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
Years
  • Mmmm... Trainer card isn't suposed to go dark... Interiors are OK, but the darkener effect should be disable after you enter on a menu, like Pokémon, Pokédex, Bag, Trainer Card, Pokénav. Also text boxes are suposed to be the same in day and in night...

Mastermind_X

ASM-Hacker
    Years
  • Mmmm... Trainer card isn't suposed to go dark... Interiors are OK, but the darkener effect should be disable after you enter on a menu, like Pokémon, Pokédex, Bag, Trainer Card, Pokénav. Also text boxes are suposed to be the same in day and in night...

... I think you misunderstood. The screens just show the different options. You always can declare that textboxes and the menu shouldn't get dark by unselecting BG-Palette14/15...

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • Ok, I have a suggestion. Maybe for FR and LG, you could copy the data of the internal clock from RSE and use it for the Day/Night system tool, and maybe it could have the option to enable them in different areas; such as the Continue screen in FR and LG. So it would be nice to have something like that for the Day/Night system.

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
    Years
  • lol, buddy its not that easy... Cause then, you'll need to reverse engineer the rtc, and for implementing on FR/LG you'll need to extend most FR/LG's existing system based routines to make the game use the rtc. That would mean a huge amount of effort... You're better off, building the ROM from scratch.

Admar Sabaz

Pass the Marijuana!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2010
    First post here, I myutsu:)
    Man I have to say that this tool will are the most useful for me ...
    I looking to the day ASM / night for years and years ...
    thanks

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
  • Erm look ok for some reason i just cannot get my tree tiles to work in my hack (not mentioning very much until it is completed) would you mind if i used your tileset with the tree (the green d/p trees that are all fluffy)? I don't mind putting credit in the credits....

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
  • Looks great, and the ability to have the trainer card change only if you want too is a big plus, although making a fr/lg version will be difficult, I hope to see one someday.

Oh, by the way, does it compile a lot of garbage data like pokescript did, because a tool like this that takes up that much space could compile a lot of garbage data, which could limit what people can do with this tool because of space limitations, although the .ups patching should be out soon...

just imagine,
    playing pokemon ruby/sapphire with the day/night feature in it...
    One of the g/s features that were missing from the third gen (the biggest feature that was missing was the ability to link with older gen.s, and I hope to someday see a tool that will allow that, even though a safer bet would be that the cubs win the world series next year).

*edit*
    .ups patching is available on https://rijon.nintendo-net.com/rijonadventures/what/ups.html just scroll down and click on the one that you need
    (this is the site for the rijon games ie. brown, prism, rijon adventures too)

Last edited:

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
  • Uhm... If the tool inserts garbage data then there'll be garbage Day Night XD. Come on, VB6 doesn't suck :). You get to define the bytes that you want to insert. Lol.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • Compiling Garbage data, and M_X don't mix...That's a silly question :P
    But no, there won't be any of that.

Snowfield34

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2009
    Compiling Garbage data, and M_X don't mix...That's a silly question :P
    But no, there won't be any of that.
    See Cooley, That's what you get for walking around and saying such thing...

Now people who have no idea, think Garbage Data got to be 4000 kb of random bytes..

Mastermind_X

ASM-Hacker
    Years
  • Uhm.. concerning the compatibility...

Atm BPED, BPEE, BPEF, BPEJ and AXVE are supported. But I have to mention that I'm facing big problems on AXVE...

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Hmm intresting. Now roms who want day/night could have the ante upped quite a bit. Giving a more nicer feel to the game and mor advanced style. I thank you and your helpers for giving the community such a needed tool.

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    This seems to be quite an awesome thing to see, Kudos to M_X.

My only qualm with this is that now there is a this, almost all hacks you will see now will have this now that its so easy to implement. So now most of the uniqueness will be gone.

But aside from that it seems great, and the effort it took to make it must have been tremendous. Keep up the good work.

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
  • roywillow said:
    You betcha M_X has every rom down

BTW Can't wait
    I don't think there's an official chinese ROM. From what I've seen, a friend of mine's is chinese but the font must've been hacked.

It's cool, that Ruby version is now supported :).

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
    Years
  • M_X this is truly incredible:D

One question I have is, to make night based events easier to script, will the D&N system set and clear a flag to easy tell the game whether it is day or night?

Eg:

A cable car only runs in the day time. In the script the player talks to the guard if it is day, the player is allowed on. If it is night, entry is refused.

Quite a simple concept, but one that would be very useful. Of course, M_X I am sure you have already thought of this, I just don't recall reading it anywhere;)

Mastermind_X

ASM-Hacker
    Years
  • @ swampert22:

Yes. The script-flag you're talking about will definitely be in one of the later versions of the hack. Even "day"- and "night"-pokemon are planned such as some other features which I keep secret for now...

Halfshadow

Sono italiano/I'm italian.
    Years
  • I am a italian hacker and I would like to know if the RSE Italian versions have been chosen to be compatible with your tool ... I hope so. I am doing a hack that has the basic rom pokemon emerald Italian. if not possible would be a sin. However I thank you and I say to you that your work is unique and legendary.​

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back