• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: The Official DayAndNight-Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2024
    1) Click on File => Open ROM
    2) Load your rom
    3) In the message "The Ini-file ..." click "Yes"
    4) In the "StartCode1" click "Set"
    5) In the "StartCode2" click "Set"
    6) Click "Create Password"
    7) In the message "Set New password" click "Yes"
    8) In the message "Save Options" click "Yes"
    9) Click on "Create Environment"

10) Set time
    11) Change the exceptions
    12) Select your palette in "Keep Following Color Channels" or load your palette

13) Open a hex editor. Look for space FF.
    14) Find the offset and convert it into decimal.
    15) Click on "Script to Assemble ROM"

16) Enjoy

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2024
    New bugs detected.

-After install the system, close the software, reopen, and the password previously generated not work.

- The system cannot be deleted (windows error)

Ok, ok, It's a RC1, but I test all options.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • ok I followed that tutorial a few posts up and i still havnt gotten this tool to work.
    What do i do now cause it says this?
    The Official DayAndNight-Thread

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
  • ok I followed that tutorial a few posts up and i still havnt gotten this tool to work.
    What do i do now cause it says this?

well, you have to convert the hex offset to decimal, like the tut. on this page says, and next time, read the last few posts. Also, the tut. should come with the tool but it doesn't so :(

Mastermind_X

ASM-Hacker
    Years
  • What the heck?!?
    What's the problem? Oo
    You just have to use another address, 'cause if you divide 7122044 by 16, you don't get an integer value. Just use Hexadresses ending with 0.

greetz
    MX

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
  • in other news,
    the first time I tried it, the blocks got all messed up, and now it won't work, I'm using a different rom (still ruby, just a copy I made of the other one BEFORE I even downloaded this tool.)

by the way, does anyone know a free offset that works? do you need to find 0000 free space, or ffff free space? does that even matter?

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • well free space in ruby is FF. im using ruby and i think im having the same problem.

This appears when you start the game but if you wait it goes away and the game plays normally. The day and night thing works. It's just the intro screen that messes up. My question is why even have this screen? people would credit you regardless. I know I will.

Fluffy Clouds

Is not really active.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 20, 2017
    well free space in ruby is FF. im using ruby and i think im having the same problem.

This appears when you start the game but if you wait it goes away and the game plays normally. The day and night thing works. It's just the intro screen that messes up. My question is why even have this screen? people would credit you regardless. I know I will.
    This happens if you're using this in NO$GBA (or some other emulators. I only use VBA and NO$GBA), and it looks garbled on real hardware (I tried it on my flash cart, and I got a black screen, and then it booted up normally, and Day/Night worked.)

Are you using NO$GBA?

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • This happens if you're using this in NO$GBA (or some other emulators. I only use VBA and NO$GBA), and it looks garbled on real hardware (I tried it on my flash cart, and I got a black screen, and then it booted up normally, and Day/Night worked.)

Are you using NO$GBA?

nope this is on vba. It's just the screen that doesn't work. I think the pefect solution would be to just take it out of the program.

Years
  • Is the "Loading screen" going to be there after the beta?
    Right from the fingers(?) of Mastermind_X.
    It will be there for the next releases. I need this bootscreen for 2 reasons:
    1) Unpacking the DayAndNight loader to the RAM
    2) Finding bugs in the system. If one of the processes "analyzing" or "unpacking" fails, I know where I have to search the mistake.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • ok well is there at least a way to change the screen once its in. Cause it's messed up. If it was working right I could maybe live with it but not when it looks like that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back