• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Deoxys-E Discussion

Syaoran

most likely hates your guts
    Years
    Taunt goes through subs and can stop defensive Deoxys-E. Sadly the best taunter, Gyarados is hammered by Thunderbolt and also Crobat which can go down with STAB Psychic or Thunderbolt / Ice Beam. But remember it can only have 4 moves, so it will have to give something up for a good defensive moveset.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Taunt goes through subs and can stop defensive Deoxys-E. Sadly the best taunter, Gyarados is hammered by Thunderbolt and also Crobat which can go down with STAB Psychic or Thunderbolt / Ice Beam. But remember it can only have 4 moves, so it will have to give something up for a good defensive moveset.

Defensive Doexys - E packs Taunt aswell unfortunately =[

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    I personally don't care for it. I had a match with Deano, who had used Deoxys. He won, but it was a little hax involed, which threw off my decision on Deo.

Well, It had used Psyhic on my Forry, which was a critical. Forry barely survived in the yellow. One more Psychic knocked him out. Then, my Gya came. Without a single DD, it KOed Deo with Waterfall. Or two, I don't remember.

With better moves, however, I feel his Deoxys would have surpassed what it had performed.

I thank God that it doesn't get a Fire moove, or else he should be an uber.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I personally don't care for it. I had a match with Deano, who had used Deoxys. He won, but it was a little hax involed, which threw off my decision on Deo.

Well, It had used Psyhic on my Forry, which was a critical. Forry barely survived in the yellow. One more Psychic knocked him out. Then, my Gya came. Without a single DD, it KOed Deo with Waterfall. Or two, I don't remember.

With better moves, however, I feel his Deoxys would have surpassed what it had performed.

I thank God that it doesn't get a Fire moove, or else he should be an uber.

It gets Fire Punch via move tutor in emerald.

The pressure stall set is far more threatening than the sweeper IMO.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Enough of the sets, any counters for Deoxys-Speed?

Extremespeed/Aqua Jet/Stealth Rock

/Or/

Choice Scarf/Walls

any others recommended?

sims796

Years
    Counters my arse. That is why I think he should be uber. Despite its 95 base, it can still hit hard, what with its fantastic movepool.

I don't think first-hit moves are enough. It can hit hard enough to hurt those that can use Aqua-Attack Shard. SR counters almost anything, that's a bit moot.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    The best I can think of is a CBgross with Bullet Punch, bnut even that sounds shaky.

Choice Scarf Alakazam would work, but would have little use outside of that.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Yeah, Deoxy's has almost the exact same bulk as Starmie, but Deoxys has uber-speed with a killer moveset

The best counter i can think of it Stealh Rock combined with Focus Sash Weavile with Pursuit/Ice Shard, or even Spiritomb

sims796

Years
    The best I can think of is a CBgross with Bullet Punch, bnut even that sounds shaky.

Choice Scarf Alakazam would work, but would have little use outside of that.
    Unforunately, that's not a good thing to say.

Like Shedinja. I hear he can do pretty well in ubers. But, well, we know how it is in other versions.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    People using Deoxys-E usually overestimate it's capabilities and get owned themselves, I've beaten a few people using Deoxys-E after they tried a Brick Break on my Blissey

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Unforunately, that's not a good thing to say.

Like Shedinja. I hear he can do pretty well in ubers. But, well, we know how it is in other versions.

I don't really get what you're saying...

I'm not promoting D-E one bit for OUs, I think it's uber-ific. But I don't make those decisions.

And I loved when somebody thought they could own my Kingdra with Deoxys and got owned, it was lol

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Kingdra is something different, it only has one weakness, I guess this is why they made Gyaradoss stupid Flying type =P

Honestly, Deoxys in my opinion is sometimes just too overestimated, much like some Baton Passing UU's like the Eeveelutions.

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
    This is the same kind of thing that keeps Primeape in UU. It has no true, sure-fire counters. However, for it to be too good for UU the Primeape user would have to predict perfectly every time. It simply fails to O/2HKO a lot of things without CB, and that is its weakness, one that Deoxys-S shares.

So since the sweeper set is OU, the stall sets are what you really have to worry about. If it gets up a Sub it is nearly unstoppable, though the same can be said about a lot of OUs. And then there's the CounterCoat set, which is a great set to be using. Takes out one or two every match for me, sometimes more.

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
    i battled T_s yesterday. I must say defensive deoxys-s was so easy to take out than i thought it would. It caused like 0% harm to my team. Calmcune was more threatening, it was going to sweep all 6 of his pokes, untill he *coughran-awaycough* but yeah a crunch from CB T-tar does loads to defensive version of deoxys-s even if it has raised its defences a few times. Just ask him yourselves.

Ársa

k.
    Years
    It was 3am in the morning, and the match was going no-where. I couldn't do anything with my team, as I had no counter for CMcune. Trust me when I say, it is definately a lot more deadly when it can get in and set-up without other stat-ups to contend with. (Your CMcune was already on full when I sent Deoxys in, because I couldn't KO it.)

As for the T-Tar attack, I only had 2 Cosmic Power, and it did just over half. That is pretty damn good for a STAB'd CB'd Crunch from 405 Attack.

~T_S

Back