• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Misty (Bring Her Back) Club !

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokeknight

Hyper Member
Years
cool

YA! it was sure nice megasupercoolcoolguy( your id is too long to remember; Just joking!)
And thanks for your fan fiction mistylover17!
Well tattsu i still think that being a misty fan must be a essential qualificiation to be here!

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
*is not exactly an AAMLer*

Yeah, I think their love is cute now because they try to keep it from each other, and mainly because they're young and innocent. Anything that would involve passion beyond this is a bit gross, and I don't think Ash and Misty would be the sort of people who would do that sort of thing just because they loved each other...it's more of a friendly love, not a passionate love, I think they just want to be able to hold hands and embrace and stuff like that :P

Oh, and nice essay/story Adamant Dodger! Lots of good points.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
Years
Thanks all for the comments. Although, in all fairness, I must admit that the essay portion was written by a friend.

Anyway, I actually agree with Kaga on this. When they get too deeply involved in a sexual way, it cases to be good, in my opinion I see their relationship more as something along the lines of that between Soichiro and Yukino from Kare Kano, with the two just wanting to be close and such.

On the other hand, I can't stand all the AAML writers who can't do anything but write about how they "discoverd" each other's feelings. You should know the scene, somewhere deep in Johto with Brock, Pikachu, and Togepi gone and...well, I'm sure you get it. A little of that's good, but that seems to be the only thing that a good 3/4 of them can write.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Somebody needs to make an AAML fic where the love is secondary to their mission of becoming pokemon masters...when the love isn't subtle, it feels like it's being shoved down your throat. It just needs to be something that exists in the story, not the reason for the existance of the story.

~*Silent Tattsu*~

Has gone~
Years
Chairman Kaga said:
*is not exactly an AAMLer*

Yeah, I think their love is cute now because they try to keep it from each other, and mainly because they're young and innocent. Anything that would involve passion beyond this is a bit gross, and I don't think Ash and Misty would be the sort of people who would do that sort of thing just because they loved each other...it's more of a friendly love, not a passionate love, I think they just want to be able to hold hands and embrace and stuff like that :P

Oh, and nice essay/story Adamant Dodger! Lots of good points.

Same here, Kaga. *nod nod*

I feel the same about the fact that a too mature and passionate AAMRN is just, rather disgusting IMO. The reason i was attracted to the idea of Ash & Misty in the first place is because their love is young and innocent. Its like 'First Crush, and then as time goes by, first love'
They feel strongly towards each other, but in a innocent way. I'm just satisfied with the idea of them holiding hands, hugging (Okay, i admit i'd like to see them having their first kiss with each other ^.~) The main thing is their just young teens (IMO Ash is 13 and Misty's around 13 and a half) And i find a adult AAMRN slightly freaky :paranoid:

And The Adamant Dodger, i understand what you mean by too many AAMRNS are not very satisfying or good quality. I bump into too many AAMRNS which are far too romantic/mushy from the start (As in both A&M acting far too openly about their feelings), Brock, Togepi and Pikachu seem to be invisible and there's not enough depth in the storyline. I like AAMRNS which you can actually imagine happening in the real Anime, and its hard to find fics with that vibe. I have been sucsessful with finding a few awsome AAMRNS, if any of you want, i'll post a link to them via PM to you =D Most of them are on Serebii Forums and your not alowed to link to other Forums on PC.

Anyhoo, ML17, who is that in the photo you posted? Don't reconize her. *Confused* @@

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Aww, super-kawaii pic, Tatt! ^_^;;

I should try and do one chapter of what a proper AAMRN should be like in my opinion...not a whole story, I could never make a whole AAMRN, I'm no good when it comes to love in stories! X_X Besides, I'm still considering whether I should begin typing out the fanfic I've been mentally putting together...I've always wanted to make a depressing pokemon fanfic instead of the cheerful ones I see many places. Anyone thing that'd be a good idea? o_o;;

~Ozy~

Years
I love my depressing stories, the darker, the better (Go Lovecraft!). However, ther is one line in these fics that must be avoided at all costs: "They found him the next day at the bottom of a ravine, dead." So keep away from that line, and have at it. I'd enjoy it.

And Tattsu, uber pic. Thankee kindly for making my day.

Misty Lover17

Shining Angel
Years
Yep! That's Rachel Lillis. She does the voices of Misty, Jessie, and Jigglypuff[ who's making an appearence in a upcoming episode :cool: ]. Her birthday is three days before mine.

Yep! That's why they make a cute couple. Their love is so sweet and innocent, it's just so cute watching them. It would be really cute to see them hold hands. Speaking of...................

art2.jpg

They are right now! :cool: Awww, young love. So cute. :cool:

Also, the picture you posted was really kawaii! :cool: It's just so darn cute! Plus, she looks cute too. :cool:

Berkut Nightwolf

"From Russia with Love"
Years
Hey, Chairman Kaga, go for it. If you got an idea in your head for a fanfic, get it down on paper ASAP. Don't let good ideas go to waste.

~Ozy~

Years
Berky-poo is right, I've done that far too many times.

Sweet pic, ML17. what I find best is Ash's expression. 'Tis perfect for him!

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
Hey, Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I'm sorry that I didn't reply until now; I've had my hands full this past week ^_^. This club is almost insanely popular. You guys have filled up, what, two pages since I last visited this topic? I've posted a thread in this forum as well (General Anime and Manga fan club) and it's no where near this popular. Well, anyway, have you all heard of those pokemon Housou episodes in Japan? I think Misty is suppose to be in at least one of those. I guess that shows that the writers haven't totally blown her off. But then again, there's a lot of characters reportedly in those eps that have been "lost" for some time...

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Yeah, some of them catch up with discarded characters in the hosos, which worries me...besides the three with Misty, there are ones that feature Gary, Prof. Oak, Tracey, Casey (the baseball fanatic from Johto), some TR backstories, and things like that. I just hope that they make the hosos with Misty to give us some information about her before they make her return, and not just as some special features with no hope of her ever returning...

Misty Lover17

Shining Angel
Years
:cool:
The Adamant Dodger said:
Berky-poo is right, I've done that far too many times.

Sweet pic, ML17. what I find best is Ash's expression. 'Tis perfect for him!

Thanks!

I really want to see the Misty specials. They got a lot of cool stuff. I got some cool pics!

pokeknight

Hyper Member
Years
Cool pics

cool pics mistylover 17 and your story was very nice James{well i am calling admagent dodger with this name because he has got James' pi with support for him in his sig!}
And guys can u slow a bit down in replying!grin!!! :laugh: :badsmile:

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
Chairman Kaga said:
Yeah, some of them catch up with discarded characters in the hosos, which worries me...besides the three with Misty, there are ones that feature Gary, Prof. Oak, Tracey, Casey (the baseball fanatic from Johto), some TR backstories, and things like that. I just hope that they make the hosos with Misty to give us some information about her before they make her return, and not just as some special features with no hope of her ever returning...

I agree with you on that. It's really irritating when they start to take out the original characters and its even worse when they try to replace them. You know, I read somewhere that Jessie and James were supposed to be replaced by Butch and Cassidy but weren't because of their huge japanese fan base; so maybe it was because of Misty's popularity that she was taken off for so long. But maybe those next to episodes she's suppose to be in will mark her comeback.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Unfortunately the two AG episodes with Misty don't mention anything of a possible return, if memory serves me right...I wouldn't be surprised if she shows up again in AG, though. If she does before Ash makes it to the Hoenn league championship in Japan, then that would certainly be a good sign. As of now, her fate is in the air...

They planned to replace Jessie and James with Butch and Cassidy? That wouldn't be right...the reason B&C are so great is because they appear so rarely in the show, and that they're model TR members, evil to the core. But that would all be ruined if they were in every episode...no doubt they would be dumbed down in a way that only suits J&J...

Kenta-kun

死神
Years
Are you for or against Kasumi, Rose Flame? Butch & Cassidy (I don't know any of the TR Japanese names...) were only ever minor characters, appearing every now & then, but Jessie & James remained the main TR characters for the series. Kasumi has been almost totally replaced by Haruka now; if it is as you say, then Kasumi must not have a very large fan base in Japan. By saying that the replacement of a character is based on their fan base, then you're also saying that Haruka is a more popular character than Kasumi (and by saying that, u're bound to get uber-flamed by almost every1 in this club)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back