• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Misty (Bring Her Back) Club !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayouki Emerald

Leavin'
    Years
    Wow, a thread for the revival of Misty! I'd certainly want to do so!
    The Official Misty (Bring Her Back) Club !

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    I am sure most of us would like that although there is someone who posts here quite often who seems like they want Misty to be a minor character and not appear much on the anime anymore. Recently I found a book I have which is a novelization of The Waterflowers Of Cerulean City which was from the very first season of the Pokemon anime back when I am sure that most of us were watching it even though I started more toward season 2 though.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    There is a novel of that episode Nick? You should post sections of it here! I miss Misty so much recently... -runs off to watch Misty Hosos-

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    Me too, I really miss her and have been going through withdrawals lately because of this. Maybe the best thing for me to do is to watch every single Misty centered episode I have on DVD and on the computer sometime soon in order to get over this.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I am sure most of us would like that although there is someone who posts here quite often who seems like they want Misty to be a minor character and not appear much on the anime anymore. Recently I found a book I have which is a novelization of The Waterflowers Of Cerulean City which was from the very first season of the Pokemon anime back when I am sure that most of us were watching it even though I started more toward season 2 though.

I actually own that book (If not now, then at least sometime ago), I believe that this book also covers "Princess vs. Princess" and "The Misty Mermaid". I also think this is the last novel to focus on three separate episodes altogether (as the next one, "Team Rocket Blasts off", focuses entirely on Battle of the Badge, and any references to other episodes are kept brief, like Caterpie battle, Vulpix Battle, and one other.)

Also, welcome back to the club, Otter Mii-kun.

Also, Ayouki Emerald, if that's a request to join, you can pick one of Misty's Pokemon, and wait until one of the higher ups allows you in.

anyways, that's all for now.

Last edited:

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    My friend and Pair, ValentienUmbreon drew this scary pic for halloween (which I colored) involving Misty. After whats scarier than this?

Happy Halloween!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    I am not sure if that picture is creepy but it looks like something I would never see at all but then again Brock did end up hitting on Misty and did not realize it at first. The bock I mentioned does not cover Princess vs Princess at all or The Misty Mermaid, just The Waterflowers Of Cerulean City and is called Splashdown In Cerulean City. If attachments are allowed I could attach a scan of the cover to this message it looks like I can so attached is a scan of the cover.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I am not sure if that picture is creepy but it looks like something I would never see at all but then again Brock did end up hitting on Misty and did not realize it at first. The bock I mentioned does not cover Princess vs Princess at all or The Misty Mermaid, just The Waterflowers Of Cerulean City and is called Splashdown In Cerulean City. If attachments are allowed I could attach a scan of the cover to this message it looks like I can so attached is a scan of the cover.

Actually, that WAS the book I was referring to. I mean, I read it, and they also included Princess vs. Princess and the Misty Mermaid in it as well (I'm pretty sure they even had pictures of Misty and Jessie in that contest.). I definitely recalled them mentioning the plot points of "Princess vs. Princess" and "The Misty Mermaid" in there.

Also, SirBoulevard, the picture you made isn't even showing up on my end of the server. and... ahh... the only picture I've seen of Misty in a creepy manner was on BMGf's Misty club (on I think page 79), and the picture in question had Misty resembling Nemesis from the "Resident Evil" series, and is apparantly hunting down May, Max, and Ash. Actually, forget creepy, the picture in question was just flat out scary (FabuVinny posted it on there, and it was apparantly from a Japanese website.)

here's the link (view discretion is highly advised and recommended)

https://i10.tinypic.com/2d1of9d.jpg

Don't say I didn't warn you.

EDIT: Ok, now I've seen it, and apart from Brock hitting on a 10-12 year old girl, I don't see how it can be close to scary.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    Weedle I turned it into an attachment. Try seeing it now. Its not supposed to be like that scary, its scary because Brock is hitting on Misty. And that's scary because angry Misty comes next.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Weedle I turned it into an attachment. Try seeing it now. Its not supposed to be like that scary, its scary because Brock is hitting on Misty. And that's scary because angry Misty comes next.

I actually saw it before you posted it. And now I realized what you meant by scary. Thanks, anyways.

And, well, the pic I just posted (or rather, it's link) scared the bejebbes out of me whenever I saw it. If you saw it, you'll know exactly what I mean.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    That picture was absolutely terrifying and the last time I saw it, I could not un-see it for a long time and normally I am really good at that kind of thing. I guess what this needs is a picture of Misty which is totally opposite of that one and I think I know just the one luckily.

Years
    I'd like to join this club. I choose Politoed as the pokemon of hers I'd use.
    I really wish they'd bring her back >_> I like Dawn and May but meh its just not the same without Misty shes awesome

Eleventyseventy

But why is the rum gone?
    Years
    Been watching DVDs of the Johto Journeys and really can't believe they got rid of Misty.
    I hope she makes a comeback and that it's the original trio when the anime does end.

Kasumi

Kasumi & Satoshi forever!
    Years
    Been watching DVDs of the Johto Journeys and really can't believe they got rid of Misty.
    I hope she makes a comeback and that it's the original trio when the anime does end.
    Just wanderful words. It's great that we have still new members. I think we will see Misty at the end of DP serie.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    That picture was absolutely terrifying and the last time I saw it, I could not un-see it for a long time and normally I am really good at that kind of thing. I guess what this needs is a picture of Misty which is totally opposite of that one and I think I know just the one luckily.
    You've been really sheltered. I swear, there are loads and loads of pictures on the internet that are worse than that picture *cough/b/cough*

It's been proven that that isn't enough.
    You sure are are an ungrateful Misty fan if you're denying the potential of a compromise and insisting that she must return to the cast completely. If Misty became a reoccuring character in DP, it'd be like Shinji who has appeared many episodes so far. However, if Misty started appearing as much episodes as Nozomi, that could make her character stale. Are you even aware how often a reoccuring character in Pokemon can occur?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    You've been really sheltered. I swear, there are loads and loads of pictures on the internet that are worse than that picture *cough/b/cough*

Yeah, I'm aware that there are far worse pics on the net (Heck, when I was doing a project on poems and searching for Ariel images for said project, I accidentally stumbled upon the worst fanart/ecchi picture of Ariel or any female character that I had ever seen [believe me, you do NOT want to know what was going on in it, it was just too disgusting, and even IF you wanted to know, I don't feel comfortable talking about it, and besides which, it's against the rules to mention it's contents.].), but that doesn't mean that it wasn't less disturbing (Heck, I was very disturbed by it too.)

You sure are are an ungrateful Misty fan if you're denying the potential of a compromise and insisting that she must return to the cast completely. If Misty became a reoccuring character in DP, it'd be like Shinji who has appeared many episodes so far. However, if Misty started appearing as much episodes as Nozomi, that could make her character stale. Are you even aware how often a reoccuring character in Pokemon can occur?

I can vouch. See, even IF she felt that it's nice, I have to agree with her that, while an appearance is nice, it's still not enough. I mean, Yes, she does have the tendency to get stale if she were a main cast member, but considering how they are milking out Ash, Brock, and the coordinator aspect for all it's worth, regardless of whether they are getting stale or not, It won't matter in regards to stality. And plus, considering how Ash, Brock, Team Rocket, May, And even Dawn get backlashed and threads demanding them to be removed because they're "Stale" since they have a main goal, since Misty doesn't really have a "Main Goal", she's theoretically more interesting to watch than the others. besides, some people are actually complaining that her leaving the show are actually making her MORE stale than less (since they feel that she is an entirely different character.).

Anyways, I don't know if you remember this or not, but Masamitsu Hidaka said this as to why he removed Misty from the main cast (and ultimately, why they replace girls from now on), which caused a LOT of controversy on the forums:

So then I said, "Why can't you just ditch Brock, have Ash, have Misty, and then bring in a new boy? That would be switching up things instead of having a new girl." His following answers made me laugh my head off – I had to pick it up off the floor and reattach it. He stated that they like to switch up the girls because it gives the boys some new eye candy every once in a while. He also said girls are more customizable and you can change their outfits, like when they are in their bathing suits (yes, he specifically said that). He also said Ken Sugimori designs a new girl with each generation and that gives them another excuse to switch the girl, though I reminded him that there is also a new boy with each generation too, and it wouldn't hurt to use them.

I mean, if someone said they removed a female character just so they can make a playboy bunny factory for males, you would also be upset (and rightfully so, not to mention), and thus, have a very GOOD reason to try and bring Misty back onto the Main cast (heck, if it makes you guys happy, it won't have to come at the cost at losing Dawn.).

Also, I officially left the BMGf club. I mean, after what the mods are acting towards those Misty fans who are loyal to her, bullying them, mocking them, I just had enough, I had someone (Nickstr/AJNrules) try and deliver my final message since, after what happened that summer, I decided to not return to the club as long as Kasumi (the BMGf mod, I mean), Geodude, and the like are still around. Honestly, those guys should be ashamed to call themselves Misty fans. I mean, believing they shouldn't return is one thing, but trying to tease and hurt several Misty fans who do believe is wrong and intolerable.

CC, I know you may be in disagreement with me somewhat, but still, if your post was placed on a forum by backstabbers who you thought were comrades and friends, and they did it out of the sake of cruelty and trying to poke fun at you, and they did it with neither your knowledge and/or consent, you will ALSO feel hurt, betrayed, and rightfully rageful.

Anyways, that's all for now.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Needs more Misty praise.

So... what are you commenting on (You listed the thing I said as "blah blah blah")?

They tried that. Didn't work so well.
    I couldn't stand Tracey sometimes.. =/

You know, the thing is... is that, if it didn't work for brock, they shouldn't have tried it with Misty either. I mean, if it didn't work for one character, why should it work for any of the characters? The whole replacing Misty thing is pointless anyways. I mean, really, if what he said was true, and the only reason why they replaced Misty was just so guys can have a playboy bunny in their house, so to speak, which it seems it is, they were just shortsighted and shallow.

Also, I heard that they only replaced Brock due to fears of labeling Brock as a racist stereotype on Asians or something?

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    I have a question about this, exactly how many episodes has Shinji been seen in during Diamond and Pearl and if it is five then I don't think that would suffice but I like the idea of Misty as a recurring character as long as it is NOT once every two or three years. That would be a great way for the writers and producers to try and find redemption in Misty's fans considering that only a very small portion of them are still watching the show and that number is shrinking. Quite a few have said they would watch the show again if Misty became a main character again but I think that they would be happy if she was a recurring character who appeared on a regular basis especially considering how badly Misty was shafted in recent years despite having lots of potential. I doubt the writers would go for this considering that it seems like they want to kill the show but if their ratings sink low enough they will have to think outside the box they have trapped themselves in during the past six years or so in order to keep the show from being canceled by TV Tokyo.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back