• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Misty (Bring Her Back) Club !

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    is it okay if i like May as much as Misty

As long as you don't mention May much in this club, it's ok.

I mean, no offense, but I don't like May. in fact, it's probably borderline hate. I won't get into the details, as that might incite a flame war, so let's just leave it at May not being a good role model for girls to emulate.

Wandering lucario

Waiting 4 that special someone
    Years
    As long as you don't mention May much in this club, it's ok.

I mean, no offense, but I don't like May. in fact, it's probably borderline hate. I won't get into the details, as that might incite a flame war, so let's just leave it at May not being a good role model for girls to emulate.
    1.okay about the fisrt sentence
    2. dont dis May i made a club for her and i take that to heart

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    1.okay about the fisrt sentence
    2. dont dis May i made a club for her and i take that to heart

Well, I wasn't really "dissing" May. I was only stating my emotions about her and my reasons as a FYI moment. In order for me to be dissing her... well, my comment about May would have been far worse, let's just put it that way. Though, I'm sorry if I did somehow diss her.

Maybe I shouldn't have stated the reasonings.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    I have a question to pose:

Surskit. Part Water, part Bug. What would Misty's opinion be?
    I've thought of this one before. LOL. its hard core water but too buggy for her. She'd have a paradox heartattack.

Misty: "I LOVE IT BUT ITS ICKY A BUG BUT WATER...."

Also, what is everyone's opinion on Misty's appearance in HGSS?

Semidos

Misty Fan Forever
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    You mean HGSS series after Sinnoh League? If yes. Well. I think she will back and rejoin to group, Dawn will leave and go to home or somewhere. There's no other way for me. Hehe, that's my little dream. If she won't, hmm I will be so sad. However the last appearance was a long time ago, so she must have at least a little appearance now (Sinnoh League or after that).

False Flag

Anime/Manga Junkie
    Years
    Can I join this group? I like Misty because if I didn't, I wouldn't be posting in this club in the first place. ;]

I don't know why having a girl like Misty would be so hard for them.

Yeah, Ash needs more rivals. It would be awesome if Misty came back as a rival, but a friendly rival like Barry. She's one of the very few female trainers (I like Dawn, but she's more of a Coordinator than a trainer). She even has Starmie and Gyarados, two top tier water types.

I don't know if this is common knowledge, but Pokemon's ratings did drop after Misty left, at least in America. The show's popular due to Platinum, but that can't last too long.
    Surskit. Part Water, part Bug. What would Misty's opinion be?I've thought of this one before. LOL. its hard core water but too buggy for her. She'd have a paradox heartattack.

QFT

Hope she'll pwn people in battle.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Can I join this group? I like Misty because if I didn't, I wouldn't be posting in this club in the first place. ;]

Sure, though I do need to point out that just because someone posts on the club doesn't necessarily mean that they are a Misty fan. Take Leagueshipper on September 11th, as he posted on the club, and yet, given the nature of his post, he definitely wasn't a Misty fan.

I don't know why having a girl like Misty would be so hard for them.

Yeah, Ash needs more rivals. It would be awesome if Misty came back as a rival, but a friendly rival like Barry. She's one of the very few female trainers (I like Dawn, but she's more of a Coordinator than a trainer). She even has Starmie and Gyarados, two top tier water types."

Not to mention the fact that unlike... Dawn, Misty isn't even of the FAS (I just couldn't mention my viewpoint of May on here, due to who is on here). I mean, I had Princess Vs. Princess, Love Hina, and possibly other factors (including "her" on May 25th, 2006) that made me realize that Misty may be the only chance we've got to stopping this stereotype.

"I don't know if this is common knowledge, but Pokemon's ratings did drop after Misty left, at least in America. The show's popular due to Platinum, but that can't last too long."

I've heard. And going by data that Nickstr had found, apparantly, DP and AG is also tanking, even in Japan.

Surskit. Part Water, part Bug. What would Misty's opinion be?I've thought of this one before. LOL. its hard core water but too buggy for her. She'd have a paradox heartattack.

QFT

Hope she'll pwn people in battle.

agreed on both fronts. I also hope that they don't decide to basically make Misty into something similar to the Anime version of Sonsaku Hakufu or the Love Hina girls.

For the part on Surskit, that may have a contributing factor of having her get over her fear of bugs completely.

EDIT: Well, the good news is that the DP147 title we heard before is a hoax.

Last edited:

False Flag

Anime/Manga Junkie
    Years
    Sure, though I do need to point out that just because someone posts on the club doesn't necessarily mean that they are a Misty fan. Take Leagueshipper on September 11th, as he posted on the club, and yet, given the nature of his post, he definitely wasn't a Misty fan.

Yeah, people do tend to troll sometimes...

Not to mention the fact that unlike... Dawn, Misty isn't even of the FAS (I just couldn't mention my viewpoint of May on here, due to who is on here). I mean, I had Princess Vs. Princess, Love Hina, and possibly other factors (including "her" on May 25th, 2006) that made me realize that Misty may be the only chance we've got to stopping this stereotype.

I see, but I agree with you. There's no real point of having "fanservice" in the Pokemon anime. People ie me just wanna see big huge tall pokemon beat the snot out of one another. You've mananged to see Love Hina, lol. Love Hina and Bleach are relatively tame compared to some anime/manga I've seen/read. Anyway, I see your point. Take DBZ for example. There's pretty much no fanservice at all in the series. Why is/was DBZ more popular than Love Hina? Because people just wanna see muscleheads pound one another, fire dah lazars, and out tank one another, not aethestically attractive anime women. Besides, most of the audience that watches Pokemon don't really care about romance/beauty/aethestically attractive females. They only fight wanna see the fights. Boys and girls that age are battle and action junkies.

"I've heard. And going by data that Nickstr had found, apparantly, DP and AG is also tanking, even in Japan."

Pretty much. Like I've said above, people wanna see Ash/Paul/Barry's pkmn beat each other up. They don't care about short skirts, etc.

"agreed on both fronts. I also hope that they don't decide to basically make Misty into something similar to the Anime version of Sonsaku Hakufu or the Love Hina girls."

True, that would ruin her.

For the part on Surskit, that may have a contributing factor of having her get over her fear of bugs completely.

Yeah, but being afraid of bugs isn't a bad thing. Just look at Scyther. It has scythes for arms for Arceus sake.

False Flag

Anime/Manga Junkie
    Years
    I wonder if Misty will ever get a cameo apperance in Sinnoh.

Since there's a Battle Frontier, she'll at least make a cameo in Johto, since that's where the remakes were made.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I wonder if Misty will ever get a cameo apperance in Sinnoh.

Since there's a Battle Frontier, she'll at least make a cameo in Johto, since that's where the remakes were made.

We have two scenarios that she'll appear in.

First is a Togetic/Togekiss appearance (yeah, yeah, I know it's not likely, especially considering what happened to Misty's Togetic, but then again, the Sadistic Togepi that appeared recently won't evolve anytime soon, and the only other logical appearance that Togekiss can have, Cynthia, is even less likely to happen, especially considering how the GLs seemed to only use their DP lineups, and Togekiss was in her Platinum lineups. Now, if Volkner ends up using his Platinum Lineup, I'm willing to give her a shot at debuting Togekiss).

The next, which would be, at least IMO, more likely, is if they do something akin to a Whirl Cup either during or after Ash wins against Volkner. She arrives in Sinnoh so that she can truly determine whether she is truly getting close to her goal as a Water Pokemon Master while at the gym. She decided Sinnoh instead of the Whirl Cup because it's league participation challenge is unparallel [referring to how Sinnoh is by far the toughest Elite 4 challenge in the games], and thus perfect at determining once and for all whether she can stay at the gym or continue on her journey. She then competes with Ash in the Water Pokemon League, with the latter doing so in preparation for the Pokemon League that's coming up. Dawn tries to train for the Grand Festival, while Brock, as usual, decides to sit back and watch, maybe also trying to hitch up a Nurse Joy, Officer Jenny or any girl nearby. Misty faces off against Ash, and probably beats him, though it's ok for him since he only joined so he could train for the League anyways. This match would either be in the top 8 or the top 24. Also, she either does worse than before [Top 16, at the highest], she still achieved her previous rank [Top 8], or she does better than before [Top 4 or Champion]. Either way, she may decide she should just try and leave the Gym and continue her journey to become a Water Pokemon Master, as she still doesn't feel that she would be able to meet the requirements of becoming a Water Pokemon Master because of the Gym.

Now, how she'll do this, there are two scenarios. She can either rejoin Ash's group, or she can go by herself.

Well, that's basically the scenarios I can think of. I can't do the other scenario in which she appeared since in order for that to happen, they won't be in Sinnoh.

Also, while I did initially think they'd go to Johto, I'm not sure that they're even going to go, especially seeing how the Battle Frontier in Johto is the exact same BF as the one in Sinnoh, right down to the Brains (Sometimes I wonder if there even was a point in making a BF). Also, seeing how Palmer was only identified as one of the members of the Sinnoh Battle Frontier, with absolutely no reference to Johto's Battle Frontier, then, IF Ash goes to Johto this series, it definitely won't be for the Battle Frontier.

EDIT: BTW, Nickstr, What's the current news in regards to DP ratings in Japan, especially in comparison of AG and the Johto Saga of the Original Series?

Last edited:

False Flag

Anime/Manga Junkie
    Years
    We have two scenarios that she'll appear in.

First is a Togetic/Togekiss appearance (yeah, yeah, I know it's not likely, especially considering what happened to Misty's Togetic, but then again, the Sadistic Togepi that appeared recently won't evolve anytime soon, and the only other logical appearance that Togekiss can have, Cynthia, is even less likely to happen, especially considering how the GLs seemed to only use their DP lineups, and Togekiss was in her Platinum lineups. Now, if Volkner ends up using his Platinum Lineup, I'm willing to give her a shot at debuting Togekiss).

It's a possiblity.

The next, which would be, at least IMO, more likely, is if they do something akin to a Whirl Cup either during or after Ash wins against Volkner. She arrives in Sinnoh so that she can truly determine whether she is truly getting close to her goal as a Water Pokemon Master while at the gym. She decided Sinnoh instead of the Whirl Cup because it's league participation challenge is unparallel [referring to how Sinnoh is by far the toughest Elite 4 challenge in the games], and thus perfect at determining once and for all whether she can stay at the gym or continue on her journey. She then competes with Ash in the Water Pokemon League, with the latter doing so in preparation for the Pokemon League that's coming up. Dawn tries to train for the Grand Festival, while Brock, as usual, decides to sit back and watch, maybe also trying to hitch up a Nurse Joy, Officer Jenny or any girl nearby. Misty faces off against Ash, and probably beats him, though it's ok for him since he only joined so he could train for the League anyways. This match would either be in the top 8 or the top 24. Also, she either does worse than before [Top 16, at the highest], she still achieved her previous rank [Top 8], or she does better than before [Top 4 or Champion]. Either way, she may decide she should just try and leave the Gym and continue her journey to become a Water Pokemon Master, as she still doesn't feel that she would be able to meet the requirements of becoming a Water Pokemon Master because of the Gym.

Kanto's kinda far away from Sinnoh though, but if they brought back May for a while, they could do Misty as well. Seeing how Sinnoh's more focused on Ash, it will probably take place in Johto, for the filler arc between 4th and 5th generation, since there's a Hax Battle Frontier there.

Now, how she'll do this, there are two scenarios. She can either rejoin Ash's group, or she can go by herself.

It depends on the writers though. Misty needs some sort of Pokemon mascot. Ash has Pikachu, Dawn has Piplup, etc. Brock's only there for lols though. If they make Misty a rival, that could work. Ash has 2 rivals: Paul and Barry. Gary doesn't count since he's hardly ever there. A female rival could work for Ash imo.

Well, that's basically the scenarios I can think of. I can't do the other scenario in which she appeared since in order for that to happen, they won't be in Sinnoh.

Also, while I did initially think they'd go to Johto, I'm not sure that they're even going to go, especially seeing how the Battle Frontier in Johto is the exact same BF as the one in Sinnoh, right down to the Brains (Sometimes I wonder if there even was a point in making a BF). Also, seeing how Palmer was only identified as one of the members of the Sinnoh Battle Frontier, with absolutely no reference to Johto's Battle Frontier, then, IF Ash goes to Johto this series, it definitely won't be for the Battle Frontier.

They might do a Whirl Cup like tournament though it will be open to all pokemon. I hope there's no pushovers though. The Hoenn gym leaders were weak since Ash used hax and at least he fought people worth something ie Paul, Barry, Candice, etc.

EDIT: BTW, Nickstr, What's the current news in regards to DP ratings in Japan, especially in comparison of AG and the Johto Saga of the Original Series?

Pokemon Platinum did make an impact in the ratings though.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    It's a possiblity.

Yeah, it is. Maybe a low possibility, but a possibility nonetheless. Besides, it's at least higher than Anime Cynthia owning a Togekiss, seeing how the writers seem to be skipping Platinum Lineups and resorting to DP lineups only.

Kanto's kinda far away from Sinnoh though, but if they brought back May for a while, they could do Misty as well. Seeing how Sinnoh's more focused on Ash, it will probably take place in Johto, for the filler arc between 4th and 5th generation, since there's a Hax Battle Frontier there.

Yeah, but then again, Hoenn was just as far away from Kanto as Sinnoh was, and she still managed to visit. Seeing how 2011 is just two years away, and yet they have not even debuted a single Gen 5 pokemon, even by sihlouette, I'm starting to doubt that it will happen. They would have done it by now if they were.

It depends on the writers though. Misty needs some sort of Pokemon mascot. Ash has Pikachu, Dawn has Piplup, etc. Brock's only there for lols though. If they make Misty a rival, that could work. Ash has 2 rivals: Paul and Barry. Gary doesn't count since he's hardly ever there. A female rival could work for Ash imo.

I agree. Now that you mention it, they haven't even given Ash a female rival. The closest to a true female rival that we've ever had was Zoey, and she wasn't even that much of a rival anyhow. Well, either Staryu, Gyarados, or Marril [assuming Azurill evolved by now] would work as a Mascot for her. Besides, she technically did have one [Togepi], though since it's gone, if she returns, she should have another one.

They might do a Whirl Cup like tournament though it will be open to all pokemon. I hope there's no pushovers though. The Hoenn gym leaders were weak since Ash used hax and at least he fought people worth something ie Paul, Barry, Candice, etc.

I agree about the Hoenn Gym Leaders, they were horrible. In fact, combined with Team Rocket's Losses (especially the first, and worst, loss in "Ash Catches a Pokemon"), these guys were basically the reason why I viewed all Gym Leaders as being weak and pathetic losers. It's even worse considering how the Hoenn saga happened immediately after Misty left. It's almost as if they were giving Misty the Gym Leader position solely as an excuse to try and insult her and say "she's so weak that we should make her into basically a punching bag for the kids to basically beat up! I know what that is called, it's called a Gym Leader!". See how the way they did gyms during that region would imply that?! You see how insulting that would feel to hear a character you respect basically treated like that?! How they did it also made me resent their decision to make her a Gym Leader (well, technically, she was one before [Waterflowers of Cerulean City], but I mean actually being at the Gym).

It wasn't even because she wanted to exceed her skills. She only returned to the Gym because of her sisters abandoning it completely for a three month cruise. Though to their credit, they were at least better Gym Leaders than Lola was (since it was implied in Waterflowers that they did use to take the Gym seriously, but thanks to not only losing to a rookie for the third time, leaving all of their pokemon at the Center, the rookie who beat them, Gary, basically rubbed their noses in their loss. Lola, on the other hand, didn't seem to even take the job seriously from the start. In fact, arguably, she tarnished Pewter Gym even more than all three Cerulean Sisters combined could EVER do with Cerulean Gym. Funnily enough, Pewter Gym passed with flying colors despite failing two out of three requirements of keeping the Gym in business, whileas Cerulean Gym was actually threatened with being shut down all because her sisters weren't present.).

Honestly, and people say that Johto was the worst season. If I had to choose the worst season, then Hoenn was.

Pokemon Platinum did make an impact in the ratings though.

Yeah, let's hope that it was high enough to actually exceed Johto, which, by the fanbases standpoint, was the worst season. Nickstr implied that AG and DP, even in Japan, fared worse than even Johto in terms of the Ratings.

False Flag

Anime/Manga Junkie
    Years
    Yeah, it is. Maybe a low possibility, but a possibility nonetheless. Besides, it's at least higher than Anime Cynthia owning a Togekiss, seeing how the writers seem to be skipping Platinum Lineups and resorting to DP lineups only.

That's quite possible.

Yeah, but then again, Hoenn was just as far away from Kanto as Sinnoh was, and she still managed to visit. Seeing how 2011 is just two years away, and yet they have not even debuted a single Gen 5 pokemon, even by sihlouette, I'm starting to doubt that it will happen. They would have done it by now if they were.

Yeah, I feel that the gap between 4th and 5th generation will be as long as the gap between 2nd and 3rd generation. Gamefreak usually tries to balance out the game mechanics. Example : Psychic types were godly in Generation 1 and Generation 2 was very stall heavy. I can still see the writers squeeze in Misty before Generation 5 but it will probably take place in Johto.

I agree. Now that you mention it, they haven't even given Ash a female rival. The closest to a true female rival that we've ever had was Zoey, and she wasn't even that much of a rival anyhow. Well, either Staryu, Gyarados, or Marril [assuming Azurill evolved by now] would work as a Mascot for her. Besides, she technically did have one [Togepi], though since it's gone, if she returns, she should have another one.

It might come back, you never know. One of the reasons why they kicked Misty out and not Ash was because of Ash having Pikachu and Togepi and Psyduck were outclassed. I think her Starmie or Gyarados could be her mascot. I can picture Misty as a Barry type rival. As for Zoey, Dawn doesn't really have any real rivals, including Kenny, lol.

I agree about the Hoenn Gym Leaders, they were horrible. In fact, combined with Team Rocket's Losses (especially the first, and worst, loss in "Ash Catches a Pokemon"), these guys were basically the reason why I viewed all Gym Leaders as being weak and pathetic losers. It's even worse considering how the Hoenn saga happened immediately after Misty left. It's almost as if they were giving Misty the Gym Leader position solely as an excuse to try and insult her and say "she's so weak that we should make her into basically a punching bag for the kids to basically beat up! I know what that is called, it's called a Gym Leader!". See how the way they did gyms during that region would imply that?! You see how insulting that would feel to hear a character you respect basically treated like that?! How they did it also made me resent their decision to make her a Gym Leader (well, technically, she was one before [Waterflowers of Cerulean City], but I mean actually being at the Gym).

Yeah, the writers pretty much made Misty a jobber. At least the Sinnoh gym leaders are worth something.

It wasn't even because she wanted to exceed her skills. She only returned to the Gym because of her sisters abandoning it completely for a three month cruise. Though to their credit, they were at least better Gym Leaders than Lola was (since it was implied in Waterflowers that they did use to take the Gym seriously, but thanks to not only losing to a rookie for the third time, leaving all of their pokemon at the Center, the rookie who beat them, Gary, basically rubbed their noses in their loss. Lola, on the other hand, didn't seem to even take the job seriously from the start. In fact, arguably, she tarnished Pewter Gym even more than all three Cerulean Sisters combined could EVER do with Cerulean Gym. Funnily enough, Pewter Gym passed with flying colors despite failing two out of three requirements of keeping the Gym in business, whileas Cerulean Gym was actually threatened with being shut down all because her sisters weren't present.).

Pretty much. The only Kanto gym leaders that were worth anything were Blaine, Sabrina, and Giovanni. Ash didn't even really fight Giovanni or Sabrina. Most of his gym badges back then were pretty much given to him as noted by Misty.

Honestly, and people say that Johto was the worst season. If I had to choose the worst season, then Hoenn was.

Johto was too long, but the end of Johto made up for it. Ash vs Gary was good since they finally get to fight after all the seasons, lol. Charizard vs Blaziken was way better than any of the Hoenn fights. At least the Battle Frontier Brains were worth something since they were noted to be stronger than the Hoenn gym leaders and Elite 4.

Yeah, let's hope that it was high enough to actually exceed Johto, which, by the fanbases standpoint, was the worst season. Nickstr implied that AG and DP, even in Japan, fared worse than even Johto in terms of the Ratings.

For now, hope so.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2011
    misty can dance. if i found her, i'd say"Misty, if you want, I can take you to my homecoming dance. you're cute all around, so you meet my standards"

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014

It was nowhere NEAR high enough to exceed Johto even in that part and its pretty much cooled off right now as PocketMonsters: Diamond and Pearl did not even rank in ANN's most recently released ratings and has not for a while now. Sometimes it shows up in the top 10 but does not get far up most of the time staying around number 10 or 9 and very rarely it comes close to the top 5. Pokeani actually keeps a record of the lowest rated episode which previously was in Battle Frontier and I have a sneaking suspicion that a Diamond and Pearl episode just went below that or several have.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    It was nowhere NEAR high enough to exceed Johto even in that part and its pretty much cooled off right now as PocketMonsters: Diamond and Pearl did not even rank in ANN's most recently released ratings and has not for a while now. Sometimes it shows up in the top 10 but does not get far up most of the time staying around number 10 or 9 and very rarely it comes close to the top 5. Pokeani actually keeps a record of the lowest rated episode which previously was in Battle Frontier and I have a sneaking suspicion that a Diamond and Pearl episode just went below that or several have.

I was talking about Platinum, actually. However, I suspect it probably wasn't enough. Oh, well. I hoped, anyways.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2013
    So many people want misty back. So why aren't the writers doing anything?! Can anyone remember the Pokémon song "Together Forever"? What the hell happened to that?

I love that song. That song is one of the best dub songs.

Yeah, Bring Misty Back!

Semidos

Misty Fan Forever
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    So... we haven't seen the last Dawn Contest and 8th Ash's badge yet. After that will be Grand Festival and later Sinnoh League. Maybe there we will see Misty. About 25 episodes, not many... lol, I joked... too many. I can't wait. But if there's not Misty, I will cry. I really want to see her. 4 years without Misty is too much. That's not fair. Why they don't want to show us Misty. Is it too hard? No, I don't think so. There can be always a reason to show someone.

PS. Crystal Clair, cool faces.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back