• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Misty (Bring Her Back) Club !

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokeknight

Hyper Member
Years
  • thanks for teying to help!

The Adamant Dodger said:
    It's the "Misty (Bring Her Back) Club RPG!"

Anyway, welcome to our newest member (and by the by, we're no longer keeping track of who has which Pokemon). Congrats on a nice pic, ML17.

Finally, the reason Misty doesn't seem to get much stronger is because we see her battle so rarely. She was strong to start, but when next we see her *really* battle, she's probably skipped up to another plateau of strength and it's hard to see the difference, as we didn't see much of the training we did to accomplish that new level. I doubt she's anywhere near he skill limit, though. Besides, the animators want to make Ash look better, in my opinion, and thus they occasionally make Misty seem weaker than she is.
    YA! thanks!
    Yep! it's sure that they made misty look weaker than she is!

Years
  • i thinktho that she doesnt really catch as many pokemon as she could, i mean they did the same to brock but he didnt really care to battle, jsut to make friends w/ them and to maybe help ash from team rocket... the writers did ruin her skills high as she wasnt too good even when she battled ash at her gym and was about to lose b4 team rocket interrupted the fight. and ash didnt even get to use pikachu... anyways i still think she is a great trainer as she did beat ash at the whirlislands, but having less pokemon gives her more time to train them rather than ash have dozens of pokemon by the end of johto...

Mistys_Brother

Monkey Magic !!
    Years
  • Its not that Ash didn't get to use Pikachu ... more to the point its that Pikachu didn't WANT to battle Misty who he considered a friend. And I honestly think Misty could have won that battle if Team Rocket hadn't appeared when they did.

But they should have made it so she caught more Water Pokemon though. Then again its probably because not that many parts of the anime were spent near rivers / lakes / the ocean.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
  • No, we see rivers and the like a LOT. They just never bother using them to introduce Pokemon. Look at the Johto filler eps and you'll see that Water-types are shockingly under-represented, despite a roughly proprtional geography. There was that fishing contest ep, though. I liked that.

Years
  • well she was int eh roange islands esp. and whirl islands so there were plenty of instances where she would have caught water pokes, not to mention the SS Anne. but at leasr the orange islands, i mean thats what the whole season/or two was based on, pretty much water pokes...

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • I was upset after that episode because I thought Misty got to keep her Seaking...they should have let her, that would have been awesome. If she could have Staryu and Starmie on the same team in Kanto, she should have been able to have Goldeen and Seaking on the same team in Johto =/

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
  • I know, it angered me as well. And her fascination with Corsola in the Whirl Islands, I think kept her from getting some new Pokemon.

Misty Lover17

Shining Angel
    Years
  • Mullet said:
    I want to join I love Misty and Politoad!!!

Sure you can! Welcome!

Thanks for the comments on the picture I posted. I found another really nice fanart of Misty. It's a fanart of a really classic Misty scene.

chmisty.jpg

:cool:

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Yeah, that is a great representation of the Misty in kimono scene...I should attempt it too sometime, but I'm still not very good at drawing her x_x

Misty Lover17

Shining Angel
    Years
  • Of course, that's one of my favorite scenes too. She looked really pretty and beautiful. That also is one of the cutest Ash and Misty scenes. They were dancing together.:cool: Also, she took Ash by the hand.^_^ He even was looking at her when she came over.:cool: That was a great scene!

Tonight on VH1 is I love the 90's. They're showing 98 and 99 tonight. Pokemon will be on it.:cool: Of course, I know one character we would be talking about on the show if we were on it.:cool:

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Curse Johto, they ruined her...I can't think of any particularly good Misty scenes from those seasons...that's awesome that they're going to do a thing about pokemon representing the 90s (although it did reach peak popularity around 2000-2001 though o_O ) I just hope they don't portray it as kiddie like everyone else does, but I doubt VH1 has a full understanding of pokemon -_-;;

Misty Lover17

Shining Angel
    Years
  • I can think of some good ones. Like when she helped the baby Marril and she got lost. She was crying at the end of the episode. :'( Then when she entered the Whrilpool Cup and did really well. Also when when she was at the seaside gym, she was pretty cool. Their where many times when she was really cute[then again, she's always really cute].

Berkut Nightwolf

"From Russia with Love"
    Years
  • Don't forget the Heartbreak of Brock. She played a tremendous role in that episode. It's still one of my favorites. For once, they didn't focus everything on Action Hero Ash.

But it doesn't matter. Johto nearly killed her. And that's why it will always remain the worst three seasons in the entire series. Except perhaps ADVGen. Where there's no Misty at all in it except for two lousy episodes. Now that just plain out sucks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back