• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Misty (Bring Her Back) Club !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    If Misty is ten (and she looks like she is 16), why the @#$% is she a gym leader. SHE ONLY STINKING TEN DARN YEARS OLD!!! THATS ILLEGAL CHILD LABOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't Japan haave limits on how old you have to be before you start working.

Even IF they did, I doubt that Pokemon takes place on Earth, never mind Japan. Plus, Misty isn't the Only Gym Leader who is 10 years or younger in age. Bugsy from Johto was the Gym Leader, and that kid was 10 years old, if not a bit younger. Same deal with Tate and Lisa from Hoenn. Also, I would say that May is more like a 16 year old in terms of looks (Don't ask, I do not want to go into rant mode, for everyones sakes.), than Misty. Oh, and welcome to the club.

Speaking of Age, unless I am mistaken, she is the only character whose Age varies between Mediums (In the anime, she's ten, but in the Manga adaptation has her being 12 [Though, personally, I don't think that it should be counted as an Adaptation since there are far too many differences between it and the Anime. I mean, Misty was made into a Brunette in that Manga, whereas she was a Redhead even in the Original Sugimori artwork in almost all mediums, and seemed more like how her sisters were characterized in the anime than how her TRUE personality was supposed to be, Plus the fact that she was made almost unrecognizable in terms of physical appearance in the japanese version if you know what I mean. Ash was made into the Brock character, Brock was even MORE immature than in the anime (and considering how he loses Maturity at times, especially in terms of Girls, that's saying a lot.), considering how he recited the Sitting in a tree tease, among other things.].).

anyways, that's all for now.

Haruki

Rare Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2009
    heres Kasumi in a different Goldeen outfit

(save to your own server, don't direct link)

mistywishmaker

such a thing as f o r e v e r
    Years
  • ^Eek, cute <33

weedle_mcchairybug pretty much sums everything up xD

LOL I went crazy with adding rain to icons, so here's another one:

I loved that episode. Misty had such great roles in Kanto...

Kasumi

Kasumi & Satoshi forever!
    Years
  • Wahat a wanderful pics Haruki especially the first with Misty looking at the water. It's so malancholic and sad. She looks like she is thinking about Ash and how much she mises him.
    Brock was even MORE immature than in the anime (and considering how he loses Maturity at times, especially in terms of Girls, that's saying a lot.), considering how he recited the Sitting in a tree tease, among other things.].).
    If being crazy about girls makes Brock immature I have to say I'm immature too because I' mcrazy like Brock when I show my love to Manga and anime and when I see aaml fanarts read aaml fanfics and so on... I'm not jocking :D If you saw my room...

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Wahat a wanderful pics Haruki especially the first with Misty looking at the water. It's so malancholic and sad. She looks like she is thinking about Ash and how much she mises him.

As much as I am a nonbeliever in terms of Pokeshipping (honestly, I grew up with Disney, and thanks to that as well as stuff as "Romeo and Juliet", I feel as though that, although there are exceptions (Like Beauty and the Beast, Lion King (sort of), and Mulan), love can only be done if it is in first sight. No offense to any Pokeshipping fans, I was just stating how it is hard for me to believe Pokeshipping, and you have Disney and William Shakespeare among other writers to blame.), I sort of agree. I do think that Misty and Ash do like each other, but more in a friendly way than a romantic relationship kind of way.

If being crazy about girls makes Brock immature I have to say I'm immature too because I' mcrazy like Brock when I show my love to Manga and anime and when I see aaml fanarts read aaml fanfics and so on... I'm not jocking :D If you saw my room...

err... Sorry if I offended you, I wasn't meaning any offense to you... err... you know what, maybe in regards to stuff like Brock's... umm... character, I should keep my mouth shut (or in this case, beat my hands on a really hard object) from now on to avoid a similar situation happening again.

also, welcome all new members. Let us work together to bring back Misty, and, also, I know I said that I would have to delay the Global Boycott to the end of the Sinnoh Saga, but I may have to move it until after the 11th season ends because my patience has almost run out.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • ^Nice art. I've seen that one before. Where'd you find it?

I just did this a few hours ago on the Bulbagarden oekaki. It's my first tone work that came out nice

the hair and the shirt are the best, the face is a bit messed up though
    boy am I a critic

Kasumi

Kasumi & Satoshi forever!
    Years
  • I can say thesame what Anime/Mangalover247 said. I can't draw so good on comp.

Tkinc

Smile above all challenges
    Years
  • So to conclude to the old topic, lots of people liked Misty playing some one-to-one sports, like Tennis, Boxing and the graceful figure-skating. Now that it's mentioned, I think this does remind me of a particular project that went on in deviantArt before. 2 people from here participated in that. And it's just the whole harmony that was produced in that sort of doujinshi and the season that really makes the whole figure skating idea realistic. Do you guys remember Mermaid Misty and her dress (that Goldeen one specifically though)? I can picture a performance with Misty and maybe her friends, the whole Ash-Gang like they would usually collaborate with, or Misty dancing solo to display her grace.

For Crystal Clair's Topic, I grew up with Dub Misty, but I did hear Japanese Misty. It's hard to really pick and choose, but by experience growing up, I liked the original Misty-English dub voice-actor. I would love to hear different dubs for her character. The strangest one I've heard so far is the Hindi/Urdu dub (I think it's in Hindi) It was hilarious! ~ Nice work BTW, Crystal Clair, I liked how you colored her, with that toning and all. I think you did right with the proportions. Usually they draw the eyes bigger, but I like your style ^^. So don't worry so much. Just keep it up with your work!

EDIT:: I do remember visualizing an older Kasumi with those long pants! She does seem more older there--- 14 at least or 16 perhaps. Nice find, and I hope credit goes to that person :D.

Tkinc

Smile above all challenges
    Years
  • @Crystal Clair: You're very welcome! Good luck!

So any update on Misty as of now? No new announcement that just came up? I did a recent check and it didn't seem there was. But hey, many times I miss a big detail.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Well, there wasn't any OFFICIAL word on her returning (I mean, besides Mayumi's Blog), but We may have to initiate the Boycott on May the 25th. Crystal Clair, I'm sorry if I am initiating it on that date instead of nearing the end of D/P, but the d/p series is almost halfway done, and they haven't given much hints apart from the blog, and besides which, they haven't replied to at LEAST my petition for over 3 months.

For the topic at hand, I'd give a tie on the english dub and the original japanese voice (the former because of experience, and the latter because her japanese voice is apparantly very unique to what Blackjack thinks what the girls in the japanese commonly sounds like.

mistywishmaker

Years
  • Hmmm no Misty related new D= Buuuut I believe there is some sort of "Misty-con" in Japan this year... similar to an anime convention, but it's where Misty artists/fans(?) gather and... worship Misty, I guess. That's as far as my Japanese could take me to interpret xDD In any case, I wish I could go <333

For the topic at hand, I'd give a tie on the english dub and the original japanese voice

Same here =D

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Hmmm no Misty related new D= Buuuut I believe there is some sort of "Misty-con" in Japan this year... similar to an anime convention, but it's where Misty artists/fans(?) gather and... worship Misty, I guess. That's as far as my Japanese could take me to interpret xDD In any case, I wish I could go <333

Oh, Really? can you find an article about it so all of us can read it? Is there any information on the date that the Misty Convention is being held? Wow, If this is true, then maybe there is a very big chance that they can bring back Misty to the main cast without our having to initiating the global boycott after all. I mean, after hearing this, unless I am mistaken, Misty is so far the ONLY female main character of Pokemon (If not the ONLY Main Character) to have a convention dedicated entirely to herself.

I may need the date for the convention since, depending on the circumstances, I have a 50/50 chance of going. If it is on a school day, I'm afraid that I can't make it. But if it is during summer vacation or Spring break, I think I can manage to get there.

Also, I haven't ACTUALLY watched any japanese episodes, the only reason why I knew of Misty's original Japanese voice is because of "Pokemon Channel".

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • I had this weird Misty related dream last night
    I was shouting "Bring Misty back!!" and I had these images of her and stuff and I was like "I dont care if she does nothing, she's too pretty to be a minor character!"
    ^however, Cassidy, Miyamoto and Clair are IMO the prettiest characters and both are minor, the middle one hasn't even appeared (except for in the radio dramas)

but We may have to initiate the Boycott on May the 25th
    ¬_¬
    so, what does this boycott involve?
    Are you gonna post it on Bulbagarden too?

New topic ideas
    1. How do you think Misty would react if she knew what WeedleMchairy Bug was doing? Would she be embarrassed or honored?
    2. What do you think Misty's doing at her gym when she isn't battling?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I had this weird Misty related dream last night
    I was shouting "Bring Misty back!!" and I had these images of her and stuff and I was like "I dont care if she does nothing, she's too pretty to be a minor character!"
    ^however, Cassidy, Miyamoto and Clair are IMO the prettiest characters and both are minor, the middle one hasn't even appeared (except for in the radio dramas)

¬_¬
    so, what does this boycott involve?
    Are you gonna post it on Bulbagarden too?

Well... All I can say is that was a pretty nice dream there! (Gives a thumbs up).

In regards to the Boycott, all it pretty much involves is not buying any of the Pokemon Products (and possibly not watching any of the televised episodes of Pokemon.), and for those who want to take it to the next level, you can pull a British Boycott and not use ANY of your pokemon merchandise at all. Plus, I plan for it to be on a global scale, since we'll have a far better chance at getting the writers to meet our demands, and that's IF the Misty-con mentions that there isn't any plans to bring her back (Or fails to tell us what is expected of Misty).

And as for whether I'm going to post it on Bulbagarden, considering how some of the people on that club openly mock me for my belief in trying to Bring Misty Back, I'm not sure if telling them this would be a good Idea. now, that's NOT to say that there isn't a chance that I'll let them know, but there is a small chance. Now, Serebiiforums, yes I can definitely tell them.

As for your new topics, I can't answer the first one, because it would seem arrogant of me to do that. But I can at least attempt to answer the second one.

2. What do you think Misty's doing at her gym when she isn't battling?

Well, from what we know from the hosos that directly involve her gym, I'd say teaching Psyduck how to swim, trying to make some Cascade Badges should they run out, and possibly training her Azurril, etc. etc.

Speaking of her Azurril, I'm pretty sure that Azurril has a Pokeball, Unlike Togepi anyways. I mean, she appeared on the 10th anniversary special, but the only pokemon she used was Staryu and Gyarados, Her Azurril wasn't anywhere to be seen, and since an important event like what was in the episode would need her to max out her pokemon to the best of their abilities, and party length, and since Azurril is currently an infant and needs lots of attention, it HAS to have a pokeball.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • I guess that my dream was telling me that deep down I miss Misty and want her back
    Of course I do want her back, but as I've said before, only a visit during Shinou.
    It'd be cool if they brought her back in the 5th generation wearing the clothes of the new heroine. However, that may not work out as we're about due for a grass based trainer. May was fire, Hikari was water and I guess the next trainer will be grass.
    Unless Misty tries out a new type temporarily...

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • @.@ No one even attempted to tell me this clubbeh exists XD;;

Hecks yeah I'm joining, Misty is my favorite character in the series (when I used to watch it) and she like's water too, and i just happen to be the water gym leader over at the EGL, so why shouldn't I like misty >D And I Also enjoy'd her in the manga... Anyways, I'd like to join this awesome club, misty FTW. ;D

mistywishmaker

Years
  • Oh, Really? can you find an article about it so all of us can read it? Is there any information on the date that the Misty Convention is being held? Wow, If this is true, then maybe there is a very big chance that they can bring back Misty to the main cast without our having to initiating the global boycott after all. I mean, after hearing this, unless I am mistaken, Misty is so far the ONLY female main character of Pokemon (If not the ONLY Main Character) to have a convention dedicated entirely to herself.

I may need the date for the convention since, depending on the circumstances, I have a 50/50 chance of going. If it is on a school day, I'm afraid that I can't make it. But if it is during summer vacation or Spring break, I think I can manage to get there.

Also, I haven't ACTUALLY watched any japanese episodes, the only reason why I knew of Misty's original Japanese voice is because of "Pokemon Channel".

https://kasumispecial.web.fc2.com/home.html

Here's the link to the "Kasumi Only Event" "Kasumi Special" LOL Apparently it's located somewhere in Nagoya... May 18 from 11:30~15:00 (Convert the time yourselves xD) You have to pay. It looks so cool <33

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back