• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Misty (Bring Her Back) Club !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    You would do the same thing to me by talking about the Diamond and Pearl part of the Pokemon anime and calling it "better than anything else that has aired so far" since frankly, I hate it and if it were not for five episodes in Advanced Generation I would hate that too. The style of that picture almost makes it look like it was done in charcoal or pastels but then again you can achieve the same effects in graphics editors such as Photoshop and Gimp. Maybe I should watch Battle Aboard The St Anne again sometime soon since I have it on DVD, actually the complete first and second seasons now but that is about all I wanted as well.

Birdy

Metagross Breeder
    Years
  • Mysty i liked her and i liked it when she and ash argued about the bike ash broke get over it i think she did in the end i cant remember but can i join da club?

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • The style of that picture almost makes it look like it was done in charcoal or pastels but then again you can achieve the same effects in graphics editors such as Photoshop and Gimp.

Did it in PaintBBS

https://oekaki.bulbagarden.net/index.php#pic16355 << you can even watch the animation which I will soon record onto a video file since oyu can't download oekaki animations.

Tkinc

Smile above all challenges
    Years
  • That depends: are you an absolute fan of LH or not?

Well, if you really want to know, my reasons for being against "LH" are quite simple. The girls in LH are portrayed as being "whiney obnoxious bimboes with veloptus bodies", and that's putting it in a nicer way. I mean, they spend too much time naked together, yet they hit and beat up anyone who intrudes on their nude time who isn't a girl (I find that hypocritcal, BTW, seeing how I'm a goose-gander person.), they pretty much seem to love exposing their bodies (and in one girl, kanako Urashima's, case, she even does it in front of a guy.), not to mention their overall personalities are irredeemable. I mean, the closest you can even compare them to is the Bimbettes from Beauty and the Beast, or most of the female characters from "Two and a Half Men". They are perfect examples of the Female Anime Stereotype that I'm trying to destroy.

Actually, on a personal level I agree with that, though some argue there is humor (yet again I wouldn't support sexually heavy stuff to be see whether it has humor or not; just silly when you could get better humor without it and its pretty shaming). HOWEVER, I don't think Crystal Clair intended it this way. She only imitated the ARTIST's style Weedle. That's not so bad because the artist draws in a very distinct way; not just in bodies and stuff but in the faces and expressions which is more important here; and for that we should give proper credit --> Therefore, good work Crystal Clair for posting up different styles of Misty =).

~~
    @Kasumi: That's a good idea if she's looking for drawing in new styles... Clamp's artwork is beautiful... like Chobits... though I like the artist Arina Tanimura (Full moon wo Sagashite) and I think that artist version of Misty would be amazing too =)

~~
    @Crystal Clair: Woah... Misty-link. That's pretty spiffy. Hehe, a parody of Pokemon characters in a Zelda-universe sounds interesting... if anyone is up to it. Who would Ganondorf be?.. and Saria (OOT world)?

~~
    @Birdy: Welcome to the club. You are free to join if you like Misty's role in the anime ^^. No problems there =]

~~
    @FastTonyDeNiro: The reason is simply because it really does take everything over-the-top and purposely makes situation where the viewers see a female character's underwear or almost full-naked. And apparently that serves for humor. But you could get humor in better ways; This is just a really perverted immature way of getting it don't you think >.>... In my humble opinion. [Though the story isn't so bad I think]

~~
    @nickstr: What was that episode about again :O?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Actually, on a personal level I agree with that, though some argue there is humor (yet again I wouldn't support sexually heavy stuff to be see whether it has humor or not; just silly when you could get better humor without it and its pretty shaming). HOWEVER, I don't think Crystal Clair intended it this way. She only imitated the ARTIST's style Weedle. That's not so bad because the artist draws in a very distinct way; not just in bodies and stuff but in the faces and expressions which is more important here; and for that we should give proper credit --> Therefore, good work Crystal Clair for posting up different styles of Misty =).

Well, I wasn't really objecting to the art style. I did have negative thoughts when I first heard it, but it was mostly instinctive. Actually, I also pointed out that I'm fine with it, just as long as she doesn't try to depict her in the same manner as the female characters.

~~
    @Kasumi: That's a good idea if she's looking for drawing in new styles... Clamp's artwork is beautiful... like Chobits... though I like the artist Arina Tanimura (Full moon wo Sagashite) and I think that artist version of Misty would be amazing too =)

I'd like to see it, but only because I haven't seen it before.

~~
    @Crystal Clair: Woah... Misty-link. That's pretty spiffy. Hehe, a parody of Pokemon characters in a Zelda-universe sounds interesting... if anyone is up to it. Who would Ganondorf be?.. and Saria (OOT world)?

uh-huh (nods), pretty interesting. I think the two characters who MIGHT be similar to Ganondorf would be Giovanni and Cyrus. As for Saria, maybe Sakura could be her.

~~
    @Birdy: Welcome to the club. You are free to join if you like Misty's role in the anime ^^. No problems there =]

Yes, I agree, welcome to the club.

~~
    @FastTonyDeNiro: The reason is simply because it really does take everything over-the-top and purposely makes situation where the viewers see a female character's underwear or almost full-naked. And apparently that serves for humor. But you could get humor in better ways; This is just a really perverted immature way of getting it don't you think >.>... In my humble opinion. [Though the story isn't so bad I think]

Well, that's partially the reason. As I said before, it also has to do with the personalities of the characters. See, they are portrayed as being loud, whiney, obnoxious, silly, spoiled, and throwing temper tantrums, as WELL as the part about how they seem to enjoy being nude/stripping (I'd show pictures to emphasize what I mean by that, but I'd get into deep trouble if I did that without it being censored.). Basically, their personalities make them the worst portrayals of women ever (one could argue that May and Dawn are similar enough to that stereotype on the show.).

~~
    @nickstr: What was that episode about again :O?

Basically, it was the beginning of the St. Anne Arc. JJM, under Giovanni's orders, tricks several people into going onto the St. Anne so they, along with an entire legion of Rocket Grunts hi-jack the St. Anne so they can steal the Pokemon. They ultimately fail, and the St. Anne capsizes in a manner similar to "The Poseidon Adventure". This is also the episode where Ash briefly traded Butterfree for Raticate, James being scammed into wasting money on a Magikarp, the first appearance of the Magikarp Salesman who sold the Magikarp to him (Ironically, this was the only time James was actually tricked, as Jessie now ends up being tricked a lot by the same man.), as well as the first appearance of Giovanni (though he was under shadows at the time.).

As I said before, I won't be on the site on April 6-12 (well, ok, I originally said 6-10, but I forgot to take weekends into account.). Actually, I won't even be using the internet during that time period, as I'm going to work hard on completely editing my video during Spring Break (So that I won't have to delete any scenes.).

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • @Crystal Clair: Woah... Misty-link. That's pretty spiffy. Hehe, a parody of Pokemon characters in a Zelda-universe sounds interesting... if anyone is up to it. Who would Ganondorf be?.. and Saria (OOT world)?

Well actually it would be more of a crossover than a parody so no characters would be any characters. Ganondorf and the others would just be absent or off doing other things. And as for Saria, I don't think any Pokemon character aside from MAYBE Hikari would be able to pull off someone so loyal, kind and sweet. Saria is my favorite female character because of that.

Feathing

Water Gym Master
    Years
  • That depends: are you an absolute fan of LH or not?

Well, if you really want to know, my reasons for being against "LH" are quite simple. The girls in LH are portrayed as being "whiney obnoxious bimboes with veloptus bodies", and that's putting it in a nicer way. I mean, they spend too much time naked together, yet they hit and beat up anyone who intrudes on their nude time who isn't a girl (I find that hypocritcal, BTW, seeing how I'm a goose-gander person.), they pretty much seem to love exposing their bodies (and in one girl, kanako Urashima's, case, she even does it in front of a guy.), not to mention their overall personalities are irredeemable. I mean, the closest you can even compare them to is the Bimbettes from Beauty and the Beast, or most of the female characters from "Two and a Half Men". They are perfect examples of the Female Anime Stereotype that I'm trying to destroy.

BTW, I won't be posting on here April 6-10, as I'll be spending most of my spring break working on my video. In fact, I'm going to sever the Internet just so I won't have any distractions.

I think the same as you. I don't like the female stereotype like the girls from Two and a Half Men... I'm just happy Misty isn't like that. At least in the anime... In The Electric Tale of Pikachu she's drawn more... sexy maybe?
    Personally, I don't like that Misty at all, she doesn't look like the character I love...

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I think the same as you. I don't like the female stereotype like the girls from Two and a Half Men... I'm just happy Misty isn't like that. At least in the anime... In The Electric Tale of Pikachu she's drawn more... sexy maybe?
    Personally, I don't like that Misty at all, she doesn't look like the character I love...

Meh, I never really liked that incarnation of Misty at all, either. I mean, they didn't even get the hair right. Also, she seemed more airheaded and val-ish in that manga. I mean, she's bored with fishing?! COME ON!!!

Anyways, I revived my old BMB petition from school, and I am attempting to get signatures from most if not all of my classmates. This time, however, I'm intending to scan them into my computer so I won't have to restart the petition again.

Depending on whether Pinnacle 12.1 Ultimate will work without the net or not, I might still keep the Internet connection. However, I WON'T be trying to check the net.

Also, for those of you who are a member of Fanfiction.net, does anyone know how to submit a fanfic on the Pokemon Portion of the site (or any portion, for that matter)?

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
  • Hey! Can I join the club? I choose Gyrados, by the way. And I can't believe they took misty out of the anime! NOO! Misty HAS to come back someday. Hopefully someday soon.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Hey! Can I join the club? I choose Gyrados, by the way. And I can't believe they took misty out of the anime! NOO! Misty HAS to come back someday. Hopefully someday soon.

Well, I'd say "welcome to the club", but I don't have the authority to let you join. I have to wait until one of the people in charge of the club to let you in.

As for your viewpoints on Misty leaving, yeah, I agree. They really shouldn't have done that. What's even worse is the fact that the reason they replaced her in the first place was for eyecandy purposes. Sooner or later, The Pokemon Anime will become no different than something out of Love Hina or Two and a Half Men if we don't nip this problem from the bud, so to speak.

Even IF they had more of a reason to replace Misty than the eyecandy part, they should have replaced ALL of the characters by that point, because replacing one and leaving the rest to "rot" so to speak is pointless.

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
    Years
  • I think Misty was made for Ash, so I feel like they should make the anime an action/romance anime thing and bring misty back ...

*knocks on the door* I want Psyduck (I think Psyduck is sorta like Ash, with how they care about Misty...don't ask me to explain)

Last edited:

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • Todoroki said:
    I think Misty was made for Ash, so I feel like they should make the anime an action/romance anime thing and bring misty back ...

*knocks on the door* I want Psyduck (I think Psyduck is sorta like Ash, with how they care about Misty...don't ask me to explain)
    Um... since I dont know who you are... um welcome. And I agree. Psyduck is totally symbolic of Ash and Misty. Misty loves Psyduck, even if it dirves him crazy.

-sirboulevard

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Since you Misty fans don't seem to keep up with the show at all, I'd like to present Misty's cameo in the opening, in high definition
    The Official Misty (Bring Her Back) Club !

What makes you think that I don't keep up with the Show? I mean, sure, I don't actually watch it, but that doesn't mean I don't know anything about what's currently going on. Otherwise, sites such as Serebii.net, or Bulbapedia won't even exist.

Heck, I argued with that Screenshot that Misty WILL appear sooner or later in DP because of the fact that She is right near May and Gary (and it will be more important than other appearances, seeing how she's in the middle of May and Gary, both of their appearances contributed greatly to the plot (in May's case, Dawn got over that little roadblock in terms of winning contests, and in Gary's case, aside from the fact that he was the reason as to why Ash is in Sinnoh in the first place, was also pretty much the reason why Gligar was able to evolve.). Even with the new definition showing Tracey, I'm not worried. If you look at it, Tracey has about 2/3s of his design shown, implying that he's the farthest away from them. Misty, on the other hand, is still very close to the camera, even WITH May partially blocking her.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • What makes you think that I don't keep up with the Show? I mean, sure, I don't actually watch it, but that doesn't mean I don't know anything about what's currently going on. Otherwise, sites such as Serebii.net, or Bulbapedia won't even exist.

Heck, I argued with that Screenshot that Misty WILL appear sooner or later in DP because of the fact that She is right near May and Gary (and it will be more important than other appearances, seeing how she's in the middle of May and Gary, both of their appearances contributed greatly to the plot (in May's case, Dawn got over that little roadblock in terms of winning contests, and in Gary's case, aside from the fact that he was the reason as to why Ash is in Sinnoh in the first place, was also pretty much the reason why Gligar was able to evolve.). Even with the new definition showing Tracey, I'm not worried. If you look at it, Tracey has about 2/3s of his design shown, implying that he's the farthest away from them. Misty, on the other hand, is still very close to the camera, even WITH May partially blocking her.

The thing is, Gary (at the front) played a semi-important role, as he provided Ash with the Razor Fang, for evolving Gligar. May (in the middle) played a smaller part, as she was Dawn's opponent but didn't really contribute hugely to the ongoing plot. So how small will Misty's role be if she's at the back?

I hope that Misty will return for a significant amount of time, at least fo a mini-arc. I hope that her time on the show will be significant. But knowing the writers of the show, she'll probably get one short, meaningless episode before being forgotten until we reach next generation. And that's if we're lucky.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    The thing is, Gary (at the front) played a semi-important role, as he provided Ash with the Razor Fang, for evolving Gligar. May (in the middle) played a smaller part, as she was Dawn's opponent but didn't really contribute hugely to the ongoing plot. So how small will Misty's role be if she's at the back?

Well, technically, it did contribute immensely, since their battle was what made Dawn get back to a winning streak, and boost her confidence to high levels. (Of course, I'll still hate May, and never will respect her as she is of that... f... a... s..., but still.).

Besides, one can argue that Gary played a smaller role as well, as literally anyone could have gotten Gligar to evolve by supplying Ash with the Razor Fang.

As for the smaller role of Misty, we won't know, yet anyways. For all we know, she might in fact return to the main cast (I mean, it's not just her position in the opening, The mere fact that Mayumi Iizuka would actually hint in her blog at an appearance that she didn't do in any of the previous eps that Misty appeared in (including Mastermind), AND confirming the narrations of the quiz, for that matter, implies that Misty's in for something big in Sinnoh. I mean,

I hope that Misty will return for a significant amount of time, at least fo a mini-arc. I hope that her time on the show will be significant. But knowing the writers of the show, she'll probably get one short, meaningless episode before being forgotten until we reach next generation. And that's if we're lucky.

True... but, then again, Misty's Seiyuu, Mayumi Iizuka, did say this in regards to Misty appearing in DP:

According to ☆飯塚雅弓のまーちゃん日和☆, the blog of voice actress Mayumi Iizuka, Kasumi will be "navigating," that is to say, hosting, parts of the first Pokémon anime 10th anniversary special, which airs on TV Tokyo tonight at 7 p.m. JST. She hints at a further appearance sometime in the future.

Now granted, this announcement was made at least two years prior. However, she only hinted that Misty might appear sometime in the future, she didn't necessarily say it was "soon".

Besides, during Twilight Princess' development, something similar happened. Nomura had stated in an interview that Ganon is going to be appearing in Twilight Princess, and he will be more than anyone could possibly ever expect. Despite it taking three or so years between that announcement and the release of the game, not mentioning Ganon again after it, and people being split up on the issue, Ganon, did appear in that game.

@KnilShadowLink: Well, I never personally believed in Pokeshipping (mainly because of how I've been influenced by certain media into thinking that the only way to fall in love is through Love at First Sight.)

@SirBoulevard: The main reason we couldn't identify him was because of that April fools day prank that Pokecommunity placed onto the site.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • Is this the most recent dub or japanese opening? In fact, isn't the dub about to switch openings anyway?

Well I'm pretty sure the dub doesn't have Japanese karaoke lyrics on their opening videos because the demographics are English-speaking children so I'd assume it were the original...
    and that's if I didn't know it was the original. The opening is called High Touch.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • Well I'm pretty sure the dub doesn't have Japanese karaoke lyrics on their opening videos because the demographics are English-speaking children so I'd assume it were the original...
    and that's if I didn't know it was the original. The opening is called High Touch.

:O my bad, I didn't see the lyrics.

I don't know how much to read into this, though. Misty has appeared in other openings, and its been stated in an interview that she's not going to ever return as a main character - only for cameos :(

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    :O my bad, I didn't see the lyrics.

I don't know how much to read into this, though. Misty has appeared in other openings, and its been stated in an interview that she's not going to ever return as a main character - only for cameos :(

Meh, I never really trusted that interview. I mean, even IF he actually did believe she won't return, he pretty much said the same thing about Brock during the OI, and look what happened.

Besides, considering the fact that He also didn't even know that Platinum was even in development based on comments on the interview, as well as the fact that, since Season 10/DP started, he was demoted from Director of the show to a mere storyboard artist, based on comments on WPM, we have to take his word with a grain of salt.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back