• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Misty (Bring Her Back) Club !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berkut Nightwolf

"From Russia with Love"
Years
  • Gotta love that fan-service! However, I've heard many possibilities and theories on this topic, and some of them have actual relevance and rationality behind them. I definatly do not want to have to discuss them though. I like Misty because of her personality, and not because of any...additional features...

pokeknight

Hyper Member
    Years
  • HEY! I think in other way.

I don't think togepi dide only took misty's personality away but it also helped her to be sensitive and caring about others though its right that togepi has been a cause that Misty has been losing her personality but its upto those annoying writers that they made the story go like that. They have always treated Misty as an unneccessary character.That's why she hadn't got any new pokemon during the whole season 3.

LanceLite

~Clone of a Max!
    Years
  • wha..? whats fanservice anyway? here's all of my true opinions for misty.

misty was like just a mother for a lil kid when togepi was there. only a FEW times misty showed interest in looking at togepi as a pokemon for battle and not as a pet. that was in the orange islands. in MOST episodes that have misty as the main character have it like she's the one who has to take care of little babies and stuff and care for kids and stuff.

one epi had ash and tracy all sick and she had to go get medicine for them. here she found poliwag. she took care of it and captured it (with love).
    other epis had marills and togepies and stuff where she has to take care of them and get them back to their trainers and stuff. when brock was gone during the OI i believe that it was she who did all the cooking and stuff.

so ........ i think that kind of that she's a copy of brock for caring for people... and thats all she was there for for some time.

in the beginning tho... i wont say anything good. in the early seasons of pokemon.. all anime's need some minor romantic stuff to make it seem- ANIME-LIKE.... something like that. even in Digimon's early seasons..... see Sora was like... had to be brought back by Taichi and stuff. Takero (im using japanese names k?) said stuff to her like "u remind me of my mom so i dont feel scared when ur here" and stuff. here in pokemon Kasumi is just there kind of to fill in for brock when hes gone and .... as the usual kind of girl needed for the minor romance fill-ups in some episodes.

in one OI epi that Gym Leader guy falls in love with kasumi. its HERE that kasumi forgets all about togepi... (true- the leech went away and she got her REAL personality back) shes in thoughts for ash and the other guy. here theres a handsome guy and a lil girl (the guy's sister) who needs to be taken care of. on the other side there's ash and... togepi. She decides she'll go back with ash cos togepi's there... and she knows them LOT better. i believe in this place she knew she would have had a happier life if she stayed with the Gym Leader guy.

she finally begins to hate traveling around and takes the first chance to go back to the gym in cerulean. the next chance the takes was releasing togepi. she goes back to the gym, determined not to travel with ash anymore... since that red girly-girl is with him now anyway. once again she's her old true self.....

well... thats just my opinions. its all muddled up... but thats my way of speaking out.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Ah, I might as well come in here and give my opinion. This seems to be one of the more lively Misty-related debates we?ve had here in a while. So, without further ado, CK?s opinion:

Togepi destroyed Misty. I have no doubt in my mind that it was, as many say, a leech, which rapidly drained the otherwise-lively tomboy into the most generic form of a sweet, obedient girl with no mind to do anything but hone her maternal skills on that egg while being Ash?s peanut gallery, except with even less value to her opinions. I don?t know what the writers? were thinking...maybe they thought that a newer, more vapid Misty would attract the enormous droves of tween girls who could relate to Misty into the pokemon fanbase. It was a poor move, as it attracted no one and ended up repelling many, as Misty increasingly became little more than background female character, a reason to plug Togepi every week, as Ash?s dual purpose is to plug Pikachu, two pokemon that are supposed to be representative of the series and thus sell merchandise. The plot to change Misty?s personality aside, Togepi?s second purpose was a lot like May?s single purpose: to sell games. Togepi plugged GS, May plugged RS. Interesting...when they plug something, it usually seems to affect Misty. It?s quite unfortunate.

I never liked Togepi, personally. I admit that Who Gets to Keep Togepi? was the most exciting pokemon event that had happened when it aired, but the afterglow of having a mysterious, new pokemon soon disappeared, leaving the weekly drudgery of Misty constantly having to attend to the egg. Every little affectionate giggle that came from that most-beloved character made me sick, every sign of affection for Togepi. Her vigor was now nonexistent, her beautifully-tempestuous demeanor replaced with a personality supposedly more becoming of a young teenage girl. She was the Stepford Misty. I can?t remember more than a couple times after that blasted episode where the vile creature hatched that Misty ever put it down, example being the episode on Trovita Island, cited multiple times in preceding posts. She could not let it out of her sight, so unlike the the old her, when she would have fierily and enthusiastically taught Togepi to be a fighter, a survivor. Instead of Misty rubbing off on Togepi, Togepi rubbed off on Misty, and it went on far too long.

This is not to say that it was right for Misty to have been taken out of the show. Any of you who know anything about me should know my opinion on this matter. We Misty fans always had the memory of the past and hope for the future, hope that was sustained even more by Gotta Catch Ya Later, in which Misty was back to her old, emotional, free-thinking self. Combine that with the fact that the wretched egg is gone for good, and this means that if (and hopefully when) Misty comes back, she will be the old Misty that we cared about, fine-tuned even more by the more mature characteristics that have been subtly endowed on the other characters, minus the children of Norman, of course. For the present, we have realized that even though Togepi was the bane of many Misty-lovers, Misty with Togepi was better than no Misty at all. We?ve something much more hideous than Togepi ever was on our hands, sucking the life out of the entire anime instead of just one character. I sincerely hope for restitution for our being made to be without Misty for so long, in the form of a restored Misty traveling with (and antagonizing) Ash again. Togepi had no shred of good in it, though, allow me to reiterate. Making Misty sweeter is never a good thing, and above that it made her have no flavor at all. Seeing a tomboy become motherly is painful, especially when it dilutes the quality of the show as a whole. Can the show recover? Yes. Will it? That remains to be seen.

~CK

Misty Lover17

Shining Angel
    Years
  • [puts on glasses and reads Anime terms out of the book]

Fanservice..........

https://tvwiki.sytes.net/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Fanservice

Well, there've been many fanservicey scenes and episodes involving ether Misty or May. like for Misty...........

She's in a swimsuit for the entire episode in Beauty and the Beach.^_^

Another one would be in Riddle Me This, when they're at the hot springs.

^_^

Berkut Nightwolf

"From Russia with Love"
    Years
    ...Yes, fanservice...

Good essay, CK. My thoughts exactly. Except that I see no hope for the future. The television show is so screwed up already in my opinion, that I just can't see anything new or good to come out of it.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
  • It depends. If they were to return Ash to Kanto in a FR/LG plug, things could improve. But I doubt that'll happen. They'll probably move on to Pearl/Diamond and slaughter the show entirely.

pokeknight

Hyper Member
    Years
  • Good fanservice and pics

It's good that everybody here wants Misty to remain as a tomboy. In my thinking it is good that togepi is good but it's not better for misty to be out of show on the arms of a gymleader and caring that fool sister of him.Nor it will be good that she stays in cerulean gym caz she is one of the main characetr of the show and she is a girl for whom the small area of a gym is not enough. It's better for her to move on and be as strong as she can be with a lot of pokemons and can develop her image as a very strong trainer. IU never personally like her being shown as a shadow of "ASH KETCHUM." The writers have always treated her in a bad way and for that i will always curse them.Anyway like everyone else here i hope that in her next return she will be a very strong trainer with her old personality back.
    Anyway, the pics posted are real cool.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2004
    Sorry for not posting.

Sorry guys but i was out in vacation and couldn't post. I liked those huge posts though i couldn't understand much of them. lol. :D

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • While we're on the topic of Misty fanservice, let's not forget Dig Those Diglett! and The Misty Mermaid...I also feel personally fanserved when watching The Ghost of Maiden's Peak and Pokemon Fashion Flash because I consider her outfits more beautiful and complimentary to her physically, but that's just me.

It's sad, there wasn't much, if at all, Misty fanservice after the first season o_O

~Ozy~

Years
  • Kimono Misty pwns. That simple. What I'd love to see, though, is Misty in a hakama and holding a shinai. That'd be sweet.

LanceLite

~Clone of a Max!
    Years
  • 0_0 whats a hakama and what the heck is a shinai?? is it some japanese stuff?

fanservice... *checks* o...kay.... so Pokemon isnt just normal stuffless cartoon for kids... it wants to get us stuck on it for the girls... XD

if i wanna see misty in some special clothing.. id want to see her in a saree or salwar kameez. or something like that... i dunno. maybe i'll go draw her in a saree and post it here.

edit: i went looking for pics of misty to edit for the saree pic.. and i found this nice one of her.
    warning its pretty big!!! supposed to be a printable poster...

Last edited:

LanceLite

~Clone of a Max!
    Years
  • HELP!!!! the edit button doesnt work!! it takes me back to PC's index!!

well whatever and i've finished the pic of Misty i was doing. YEAH THATS A SAREE!!! i made the design in a fire-theme.... i call it Flaming Hot Misty..... rite im talking like a stupid artist on cartoons arent i?
    still its the best re-costume i did.... at least better than my friend's...

edit: this edit button works great but the other one still dont work... it clicks and goes back to PC Index....

oh well.... I'VE OPENED THE TOGEPI HATERS CLUB!!!!! all u's are welcome to join even if u love togepi cos ur in it for the misty discussion. ^_^ CMON EVWYBWADY!!!

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=600984#post600984

AND its a part of this club so... i wrote it down there.... may fans are not really welcome down there.

Last edited:

~Ozy~

Years
  • A hamakma is the outfit worn during Kendo (Japanese fencing) practice. The Ru/Sa Male Master wore one. A shinai is a bamboo training sword used during sparring in Kendo.

LanceLite

~Clone of a Max!
    Years
  • aww...... nobody liked the pic i drew... *cries*

kendo!! like that japanese fighting thingy with sticks? that one where the dudes have a long stick thingy and bonks the other guy? i played that in MegaMan Battle Network 4's KendoMan mission. its tough.. and megaman cant even handle a stick..

if im right thats the same stick in Gold's hands in my trainercard...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back