• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official PokéCommunity Shipping Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
And do you realize if Cilan was part of the regional bad guys? How badly it would shatter Ash and Iris' world? That their friend is basically subservient to Ghetsis first and foremost? This is the sort of twist I want to see in the anime, when you consider it's not some petty squabbling like Magma/Aqua was. This is war, something absolutely different from any other get-the-big-pogey plot from Sinnoh and Hoenn.

Because it means Cilan will have to betray his new friends (possibly without looking back) or betray his master (who the Shadow Triad are utmost loyal and devoted to). And I want that~
That could become an interesting plot for a fanfict, but I'm 90% negative it will happen in the anime. I believe so simply because it would be a shock for the young audience the show is intended for. Little kids need stability in their shows and it could trouble some too much.

By the way, why are you guys saying Dent was evil is the Cabernet episode? I just felt he was being serious about their battle.

Even if James is not gay, he's certainly not interested in Jessie.
It certainly doesn't look like it, but you never know. I'll keep on hoping hahaha.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Serious about their battle... I guess. More like extremely caught up in showing her that she could never hold a candle to his abilities, whether it be in battles or in the art of Sommelier-ing. He was being arrogant and prideful, which are qualities generally attributed to more "evil" characters.

And hope all you want, they'll never be more than best friends.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
Serious about their battle... I guess. More like extremely caught up in showing her that she could never hold a candle to his abilities, whether it be in battles or in the art of Sommelier-ing. He was being arrogant and prideful, which are qualities generally attributed to more "evil" characters.

Well, Cabernet had been rude with his friend Ash by judging him and his Pokemon without the proper forming and experience. The way I see it is that she made Dent angry for lacking of professionalism towards their sommelier profession. I might be wrong, but it was nothing more than that to me.

And hope all you want, they'll never be more than best friends.
Yeah, I know ;P. No way it would happen in a kiddy show. I'm just hoping for mere hints. By the way, I didn't know Pokemopolis and it's a pretty funny website. There's a bit of bulls* if you ask me, but I'm still having a good time reading through it :D.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
That doesn't negate the fact that he, with the knowledge that he is a far superior battler and Sommelier than she, proceeded to beat her ass with a smile on his face.

Pokemopolis does indeed have a lot of Tauros excrement, most of which is its avid support of PokeShipping.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
That doesn't negate the fact that he, with the knowledge that he is a far superior battler and Sommelier than she, proceeded to beat her ass with a smile on his face.

Pokemopolis does indeed have a lot of Tauros excrement, most of which is its avid support of PokeShipping.
Well, it doesn't make him evil for wanting to give a lesson to a brat that lacked of professionalism. I would have done the same, but I'd never join an evil organization. The latter is a pretty lame argument, I agree, but it's still stands haha.

I'm not reading through the Pokeshipping part since I don't care about it. I bet you can easily guess what I've been reading! Now I'm going through the "James is gay" part. Stuff like "Himself bearing hidden talents for hairstyling, fashion and theatre, skilled in acting, dance (...)" I have a guy friend that could fit in that category, but he's not gay. He knits and played a fluffy pink flamingo in a play lol.

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
That could become an interesting plot for a fanfict, but I'm 90% negative it will happen in the anime. I believe so simply because it would be a shock for the young audience the show is intended for. Little kids need stability in their shows and it could trouble some too much.

By the way, why are you guys saying Dent was evil is the Cabernet episode? I just felt he was being serious about their battle.
Not "evil" but not as pleasant and kind as he appears. "More than meets the eye," and all that. Again though, it's either Cabernet's exaggeration or Cilan really does have a suppressed personality.

Now if the Striaton boys and the Shadow Triad turn out to be separate, it's a non-issue. However, I feel the writers would do something if they turn out to be the same, for the sake of the plot arc. It has nothing to do with stability, because despite allegiance, Cilan could/would choose Ash and Iris in the end. Obviously. Power of friendship triumphs. Power of love, team!

And if something like that is troubling for young audiences, they wouldn't be having episodes that destroy whole cities through human command (three withheld episodes) in the first place.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Well, it doesn't make him evil for wanting to give a lesson to a brat that lacked of professionalism. I would have done the same, but I'd never join an evil organization. The latter is a pretty lame argument, I agree, but it's still stands haha.
I'm not saying he's necessarily evil; just displaying characteristics generally attributed to evil characters.

And while you taught that brat a lesson, would you have gotten carried away as well, dropping your professional demeanor in favor of just kicking her ass? See, you talk about her insulting the profession- but Dent's not exactly being professional himself, either. He's right in what he says, sure, but is professional? No.

I'm not reading through the Pokeshipping part since I don't care about it. I bet you can easily guess what I've been reading! Now I'm going through the "James is gay" part. Stuff like "Himself bearing hidden talents for hairstyling, fashion and theatre, skilled in acting, dance (...)" I have a guy friend that could fit in that category, but he's not gay. He knits and played a fluffy pink flamingo in a play lol.
Oh, I read the episode guides. Much more fun.

That doesn't mean James isn't gay, though. And face it- those are qualities that are attributed to the gay stereotype.

Now if the Striaton boys and the Shadow Triad turn out to be separate, it's a non-issue. However, I feel the writers would do something if they turn out to be the same, for the sake of the plot arc. It has nothing to do with stability, because despite allegiance, Cilan could/would choose Ash and Iris in the end. Obviously. Power of friendship triumphs. Power of love, team!
He would choose them, yes, but I think perhaps he would be away for a while after the big reveal and such. He'd come back eventually.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
Not "evil" but not as pleasant and kind as he appears. "More than meets the eye," and all that. Again though, it's either Cabernet's exaggeration or Cilan really does have a suppressed personality.

And if something like that is troubling for young audiences, they wouldn't be having episodes that destroy whole cities through human command (three withheld episodes) in the first place.
Neah, destroying a city is just abstract destruction, just like in Godzilla movies (maybe not right now with the events happening in Japan, but that's why two episodes where Castelia is destroyed were postponed). Kids would become attached to Dento on the other hand. I'm not saying it would be that troubling, but still not the best choice for kids. However, I could see it happening in the third version of the game, even though I don't really believe it.

I'm not saying he's necessarily evil; just displaying characteristics generally attributed to evil characters.

And while you taught that brat a lesson, would you have gotten carried away as well, dropping your professional demeanor in favor of just kicking her ass? See, you talk about her insulting the profession- but Dent's not exactly being professional himself, either. He's right in what he says, sure, but is professional? No.

Oh, I read the episode guides. Much more fun.

That doesn't mean James isn't gay, though. And face it- those are qualities that are attributed to the gay stereotype.
Well, during the battle they weren't dealing with customers or any sommelier related topic. That's why I never thought Dent was acting weird. Fine with me if you don't agree!

I know very well it doesn't mean James isn't gay. Plus, I agree these are well established gay stereotypes. I'm just bothering because Pokemopolis states that James is gay, "for sure", at 100% and "just deal with it".

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
Neah, destroying a city is just abstract destruction, just like in Godzilla movies (maybe not right now with the events happening in Japan, but that's why two episodes where Castelia is destroyed were postponed).
I would like to point out that it's not that abstract, considering they withheld the third episode after Castelia's destruction (the fishing episode; oh lord, are the Pokeshippers harping on that, praying for that lure). Why is that postponed, too? We only surmise it's connected to showcasing Castelia's destruction and if that is why, it's not abstract. It's meant to be real damage. The whole emphasis on "war" that Giovanni mentions is possibly meant to imply any damage done isn't going to be swept under the carpet, like it never happened. Unlike most, if not all, of the Godzilla/daikaiju movies.

Anyway, on the beaten track. <.< I'm in love with Alder/Shauntal. Have I mentioned this? I can't see Shauntal with any other person, male or female (though I can see Alder with another five people). *_* They're just so cute.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I've seen cute fanart for Morty/Shauntal, actually~ Shauntal/Alder is kinda cute, I guess... but I haven't really seen anything to sway me in any direction in that.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
I would like to point out that it's not that abstract, considering they withheld the third episode after Castelia's destruction (the fishing episode; oh lord, are the Pokeshippers harping on that, praying for that lure). Why is that postponed, too? We only surmise it's connected to showcasing Castelia's destruction and if that is why, it's not abstract. It's meant to be real damage. The whole emphasis on "war" that Giovanni mentions is possibly meant to imply any damage done isn't going to be swept under the carpet, like it never happened. Unlike most, if not all, of the Godzilla/daikaiju movies.

Anyway, on the beaten track. <.< I'm in love with Alder/Shauntal. Have I mentioned this? I can't see Shauntal with any other person, male or female (though I can see Alder with another five people). *_* They're just so cute.
Abstract is quite a vague word, I'll try to clarify my reply. I meant that as long as one is not directly concerned about a random city being destroyed he/she won't care about the situation. Who cares about the destruction of some concrete and metal buildings, and a few impersonal human characters that we won't even see? It's just a bunch of boom booms and it's done. However, it did become personal with the earthquake and tsunami event. Going back do Dent, I can't recall seeing a Pokemon episode where a main character switched to the dark side other than for jokes. I don't think it'd fit with the general feeling of the anime. Let's just wait to see what happens!

I don't see Alder with anyone. I like Shauntal, but Alder looks like an old and retired super saiyen to me XD!!! Sorry :(.

Oh my that Pokemopolis quote is hilarious: "Rocketshippers are terrorists. Shocking? Yes. Controversial? Considerably. Suspiciously erotic? You be the judge. An obscure dance hit from Eurovision '84? Not at all." They (or he/she) really hate JxJ shippers out there :P.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Didn't Ash get possessed or something for a good amount of time? That was pretty serious, wan't it?

Alder is awesome. js.

And Tim and Lex (the Dodgemasters) don't really hate, per say. They like everyone pretty much equally, they're just insanely overdramatic about things they don't agree with. At all. In any way, shape, or form.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
Didn't Ash get possessed or something for a good amount of time? That was pretty serious, wan't it?

Alder is awesome. js.

And Tim and Lex (the Dodgemasters) don't really hate, per say. They like everyone pretty much equally, they're just insanely overdramatic about things they don't agree with. At all. In any way, shape, or form.
Well yeah, possessed by a Pokemon or a ghost! Oh... But... Maybe... Dent... is... is... possessed! x_* Remember that one Yamask?

Haha, ok I see. I bet those Dodgemasters are both guys; it shows in their writing style... I bet they desperatly want James to be gay so they can have "super hot and sexy" Jessie for themselves! I'm just fooling around.

Bleh I'd like to stay but I'll be hell tired for work tomorrow :(. Gnight!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Well yeah, possessed by a Pokemon or a ghost! Oh... But... Maybe... Dent... is... is... possessed! x_* Remember that one Yamask?
I wouldn't say possessed, because according to Cabernet (who was exaggerating, I'm sure) he was incredibly mean in their first battle. It stands to reason that if you tone down her exaggeration you get what Dent was actually like when battling her, which happens to be similar to how he was in their second battle. We had already glimpsed some traces of aggression in his battle with Ash, though not nearly as much as when he faced Cabernet.

My point is that he would act that way in battle normally, and it has nothing to do with possession. Also there is the fact that he has displayed a fairly consistent personality outside of battle tells me that he is not, in fact, possessed.

We do have some theories, however, that state Dent was affected by the brief takeover of his body. He now vaguely remembers the Desumasu's feelings and memories, which instills in him a very acute fear of ghosts and spirits. If you don't quite understand why this might affect him so badly, read Desumasu's PokeDex entry. Horrifying and sad.

Haha, ok I see. I bet those Dodgemasters are both guys; it shows in their writing style... I bet they desperatly want James to be gay so they can have "super hot and sexy" Jessie for themselves! I'm just fooling around.
Nah, Lex is a girl. And interested in Tracey. But it's Tim that does most of the writing, so yeah. But they agree on all the major issues, really.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Haven't seen the "Cabernet" episode as it hasn't aired here, so I can't say anything about that discussion.

Zayin said:
I don't see Alder with anyone. I like Shauntal, but Alder looks like an old and retired super saiyen to me XD!!! Sorry

Alder does look like a Super Saiyan 4, but he's a pretty cool guy. Shauntal looks good with Grimsley, in my view.

TheSmartOne said:
He now vaguely remembers the Desumasu's feelings and memories, which instills in him a very acute fear of ghosts and spirits. If you don't quite understand why this might affect him so badly, read Desumasu's PokeDex entry. Horrifying and sad.

Is this related in anyway to the Litwick? How did he react in that episode?

Jorah said:
Ghetsis and the rest of the sages were arrested for paedophilia, not N, you epic failure.

That's why he's Ghetsex, ha ha haha ha. What was paedophilic, the Pokemon? He's not wearing anything underneath that large--robe--or whatever it is. Resembles the music that plays for him.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
I wouldn't say possessed, because according to Cabernet (who was exaggerating, I'm sure) he was incredibly mean in their first battle. It stands to reason that if you tone down her exaggeration you get what Dent was actually like when battling her, which happens to be similar to how he was in their second battle. We had already glimpsed some traces of aggression in his battle with Ash, though not nearly as much as when he faced Cabernet.

My point is that he would act that way in battle normally, and it has nothing to do with possession. Also there is the fact that he has displayed a fairly consistent personality outside of battle tells me that he is not, in fact, possessed.

We do have some theories, however, that state Dent was affected by the brief takeover of his body. He now vaguely remembers the Desumasu's feelings and memories, which instills in him a very acute fear of ghosts and spirits. If you don't quite understand why this might affect him so badly, read Desumasu's PokeDex entry. Horrifying and sad.
That was a joke, I wasn't being serious in any way!!! :P Dent is in no way possessed.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Hey, some people seriously believe that he is. The amount of people that actually believe that is a lot more than you would think.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
Years
I'm a supporter of this theory, but I won't be too broken if it turns out to not be true. The art around the theory is excellent, *_* and I love it.

Yes, especially on pixiv. I say that about all fandoms though- Japanese fan art rules. They have the requisite shamelessness and craziness I've come to adore.

but it does seem like the writers are preparing to go either way, if the third game reveals that the Striaton boys aren't what everything thinks they are.

Dude, you're overanalysing (which is fine, I do too with Zelda). It's Pokemon; I'm sure Dent's "evil side" was just supposed to be comedic. Though I wouldn't entirely put it past Pokemon to make use of an overused plot device like that. *Yawn*

^ As cool as that does seem, I still don't think the trio have anything to do with the Shadow Triad, plus that storyline is just way too complicated for the anime to take on. xD

I agree- it's an amusing theory and nothing more. However, I don't find the concept of betrayal as being "complicated" in shonen media. Betrayal is one of the most overused "plot twists" out there, imo. If kids that watch Naruto and One Piece (in Japan, at least) can understand the occasional sexual undertones, betrayal, psychopathy and such, I'm sure betrayal wouldn't be too hard. However, as you said, I don't think the anime would take it on. They can't be bothered~

[that bottom thing, I'm pretty sure says, "I like" but I can't figure out one character, so it's incomplete, and I'm just guessing]

...Eh, no, I don't know any Japanese.

All correct, except for the last thing- it says "goodbye." The person writing that Hiragana isn't entirely tidy, so...

It certainly doesn't look like it, but you never know. I'll keep on hoping hahaha.

However basic, it's MUCH more plausible than Dent x James.

Despite everyone saying they think Dent is "evil," I will repeat that I think that it's just his arrogance that makes him behave that way. One can have evil characteristics, but not necessarily be evil.

Anyway, the reason why I'm such a ***** about the Striaton Gym Leaders = Shadow Triad theory is because I think Ghetsis is a big loser, and it'd be a waste of their awesomeness to work for that stupid, old, boring man.

Hey, some people seriously believe that he is. The amount of people that actually believe that is a lot more than you would think.

...And here I thought Zelda won the crazy theory competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back