• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official PokéCommunity Shipping Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cilan

- all yours -
Years

I think I know!

Steven's name in Japanese is "Daigo" (sounds similar to Diego) and also he uses steel type Pokemon. Also they are both blue.

Anywho, Dialga should be with Palkia. He can protect her from anything and lend her his strength. Palkia does seem reliant on him, she was sad when he left.
Where does the name come from though? In no way is either of them a handsome bastard. Steven's handsome, yes, but none of his incarnations are bastards.

Pfft I don't ship that kind of thing anyway. Pokemon x Human I mean. Dialga can go do what it wants in some niche in time; I'll continue to like Ishi and Origin for my Steven ships.

Years
Where does the name come from though? In no way is either of them a handsome bastard. Steven's handsome, yes, but none of his incarnations are bastards.

Pfft I don't ship that kind of thing anyway. Pokemon x Human I mean. Dialga can go do what it wants in some niche in time; I'll continue to like Ishi and Origin for my Steven ships.

Oh now I see. To be honest, I don't know why shippings are named the way they are. Like why does Dialga x Palkia have to be named Cosmoshipping instead of simply Dialkia?

See what I'm saying? On another note, I support Zero having a one sided crush on Giratina but on the flipside, she isn't interested in him. lol

Dent

taste the café m o c h a ♥
Years
Oh now I see. To be honest, I don't know why shippings are named the way they are. Like why does Dialga x Palkia have to be named Cosmoshipping instead of simply Dialkia?
Because the Pokémon fandom traditionally does not use the portmanteau format when creating shipping names. Outside of Japan, that is. And even there I don't believe it is incredibly common. The practice of naming ships this way began with RocketShipping and then spread from there, continuing to use that format.

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
Outside of Japan, that is. And even there I don't believe it is incredibly common.
It is incredibly common in Japan, to use the SatoKasu/ShuuHaru/JunHika/and-so-on format.

And I would ship Steven/Dialga, if my heart were in Hoenn.

Cilan

- all yours -
Years
It is incredibly common in Japan, to use the SatoKasu/ShuuHaru/JunHika/and-so-on format.

And I would ship Steven/Dialga, if my heart were in Hoenn.
Is it? I find a lot of Japanese stuff tagged in -shipping format, but then again I don't have access to like... pixiv and such because of the overbearing limits my stepdad put on the internet for some reason. .__.

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
Is it? I find a lot of Japanese stuff tagged in -shipping format, but then again I don't have access to like... pixiv and such because of the overbearing limits my stepdad put on the internet for some reason. .__.
Googling "デンサト gallery" got a couple CMshipping fanart hits, but that was from vague looking. =o Even with no pixiv access, there is always a way.

Milk

ガットミルク
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2013
Is it really called MeoAshShipping?
Seems kind of a weird name don't you think?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Well if you say it altogether it comes out "meowsh" which is like a cat noise, so... yeah idk. That's how I see it.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
This ship must be old though. At least as old as Pokeshipping. Seeing how this is not the first time we're seeing Ash & Meowth interactions.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Quick Google search reveals that it first was proposed in Sept 2006 over at Serebii. [link]

Not as old as I would have expected tbh.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Damn, I take a summer vacation and you guys leave this place as empty as America's gas tanks...

Then again, it is justified. There isn't much shipping left to go around. I remember the old days when we used to go crazy over hints o__o

Anyways, allow me to place a stimulus package of discussion: Ship yourself with a character screw you kirbychu it's my thread :)

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
It's been over 2 months since I posted here

Damn, I take a summer vacation and you guys leave this place as empty as America's gas tanks...

Then again, it is justified. There isn't much shipping left to go around. I remember the old days when we used to go crazy over hints o__o

Anyways, allow me to place a stimulus package of discussion: Ship yourself with a character screw you kirbychu it's my thread :)

What episode have people watched up to? I haven't watched the latest dub episode, and I've been watching random Japanese episodes now. Although I didn't find the "love triangle" between Meowth/Osha/Purrloin funny, it was pretty funny when Purrloin turned out to me male XD

o_____o Can't...honestly believe that this topic has never came up before. I laughed. Anyway, since all the interesting characters seem to be so young it would make me paedo @~@ N s cute, but he does seem childish. Brock, no. Dento, no. James, no. Barry is the same as N. Trip, lol no. I can only think of Paul at the moment, as he has some dignity. And he does have a man's voice. So...Paul.

Last edited:

Aurea

molten♦gold
Years
What episode have people watched up to? I haven't watched the latest dub episode, and I've been watching random Japanese episodes now. Although I didn't find the "love triangle" between Meowth/Osha/Purrloin funny, it was pretty funny when Purrloin turned out to me male XD
I've watched occasional dub episodes and everything in Japanese aside from the latest episode, which I hear is pretty meh so I'm not making that a priority.

Episode 40 is now my favorite episode of all time. I'm still disappointed that I didn't see it when it came out so I could gush over it properly. ;;

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
As of now, any ship that pairs with Zorua is in my favorites. That excludes Bianca, Luke, Stephen...

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Right now I've been drawn into Burgundy x Cilan. They're just so cute together. To be honest, the champagne and rose scene they did was probably the best scene in the whole of the Don battle tournament. :3

Aurea

molten♦gold
Years
Zorua x Langley x Bel. :P Also Ligray x Imori~

Right now I've been drawn into Burgundy x Cilan. They're just so cute together. To be honest, the champagne and rose scene they did was probably the best scene in the whole of the Don battle tournament. :3
It was pretty cool... though the Don Battles weren't anything spectacular as a whole. :/

Last edited:

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
I don't support anything Bianca because I could just shoot her for her dub voice alone, let alone the stupid personality they gave her >_>

I've watched occasional dub episodes and everything in Japanese aside from the latest episode, which I hear is pretty meh so I'm not making that a priority.

Episode 40 is now my favorite episode of all time. I'm still disappointed that I didn't see it when it came out so I could gush over it properly. ;;

I'm thinking I should probably just go back and watch the episodes I haven't watched at all subbed. The dub is starting to annoy me again, and I seem to hear the whole void between the last dub episode I watched and the latest Japanese episode I watched is interesting XD And also I have no clue about a lot of the characters just posted o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back