• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Pokemon Mysery Dungeon 1,2 and 3 Chat

Years
    Who here likes the PMD games? I LOVE them way more than the original games.

Why, you may ask? Well, in most of the Pokemon Games (Except Emerald and the upcoming Platinum), once you beat the Elite Four, that's about it, especially in the R/B/Y games. Even though they were fun, they were useless to play after you beat the game.

In the PMD games, there's always fun levels to do. I even enjoy restarting the games. I must of restarted my old PMD game for Game Boy 10 times. I just love the storylines about being turned into a Pokemon and rescueing others. But in the original PMD games, all you did was rescue, nothing else. But I did enjoy exploring the 99 floor dungeons with my Mightyena and Poochyena's ( Called Team Dark Fang ). Plus, your partner didn't follow you anymore. I enjoyed the company...

Then, at Christmas, I got myself the PMD2, Explores of Darkness. The best game I ever played, even now. I started as a Blbasaur (Bah!), then hacked it into a Poochyena (Yah!) with a Houndour Partner and called my team Team Dark Fang (Again). There was so much stuff you could do. Do a Sentry Duty Game, arrest criminals, find treasure and new areas! I loved it. And the storyline was WAY better. My favourite part was all the places you went to Grovyle. He's my fav Story character. I also liked Chatot. I have restarted the game 3 times so far, beating eveyone up to Darkrai.

Now today, as I was listening to PMD2 music (lol), i saw a comment talking about PMD3. I thought it sounded like a fake, just like a Pokemon Yeloow Game for DS or a G/S remake. But i decided to check out the fake to see how good it was. It turned out it wasn't fake. In a January Magazine of CoroCoro (???), they announced the coming of a new PMD game, Explorers of the Sky! i was so happy. I managed to see a few pics of the game and here's what I can interpet.

1. Wigglytuff, the Guild Master, will be somehow connected to an Igglypuff from the future.
    2. Grovyle will be coming back (Yah!)
    3. So will Dusknoir (Boo!)
    4. You get to play as a few new Pokemon, like Riolu and Vulpix.
    5. Bidoof's family moves to Treasure Town (Can't wait to meet them).
    6. New characters like Armalldo, Bannette and skorupi will be introduced.

Until now, I was going to buy Platinum on the 22nd, but now, I'll be waiting a little or a lot longer for theis new game to come out.

Now, here are the rules!

RULES
    1. Please stay on topic (Which is on any of the PMD Games)
    2. Be nice and respectful to others who comment (We're all Pokemon Fans here!)
    3. Have fun and share all you know about PMD and possibly secrets on the new PMD3 game!

O.K guys, I've spoken my mind. Now, it's your turn!

Katnip

Harajuku Lover
    Years
    Is nine days too late to post in a thread? I just found this out today...

But anyways. I LOVE PMD2 more than PMD. I got PMD2 first, then I played Red Rescue Team and I have to say, I thought that they had really improved upon the concept in the second one. So sweet- I cried at the end of PMD2. My team was female Turtwig named Jade (Me) and a male Totodile named Rainstorm (My partner). PMD2 had a lot of reading to it, which I liked, because it added a lot of depth to all the characters, much more so than in PMD. I absolutely LOVED the storyline for the second one. At first it seemed a little wild, but the more I play it, the more I admire it! So imaginative!
    I've beaten game- endstory and all- on PMD2, and I just beat Rayquaza on PMD the day before yesterday.

How did you hack PMD2? I've never hear of that before. By the way, do you ever use the Wonder Mail Generator at Upokecenter.com? I find it really useful.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2009
    I just read on a website that PMD3 is going to be called explorers of the sky.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
    If you get a ROM of the game on an emulator, you can use Codebreaker/Action Replay codes you can find just about anywhere.

In addition to the obvious like inf health (never used it!) there are a ton of codes that let you change your hero/partner into almost any pokemon in the game (including legendaries!)

But, if you do it before finishing story mode, there are a few graphics glitches, due to missing sprite animations.

I had Jolteon as leader and Raichu as partner. Team Shocker FTW!

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    I've only ever played Red rescue team on VBA and I've yet to complete it...but i've just got to the poitn where the story properly kicks off and its AMAZING. Its almost like it can't have been made by the same people, its so drastically different to the main stream games.

Years
    The Explorers of Time & Darkness games are interesting, I've played both and there's not much difference in the games, though, they are a lot of fun, I got Pikachu (yeah, very original eh?), and my partner is Mudkip. Also, what would be the best two Pokemon to have for the game?

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
    'Bout the previous post...

Well, we don't believe in best here because we treat all Pokemon the same!

But if i were to choose what i will use/be... Probably a Squirtle and Chimchar. Because that's what I am now! :)

P.S. = PMD 3... You're Mine! :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Its almost like it can't have been made by the same people, its so drastically different to the main stream games.
    That's probably because they WERE made by different people. Gamefreak makes the original games, Chun Soft makes the PMD games.

Also, from what I've seen so far Sky is AMAZING. Granted, it doesn't have Arceus or the Rotom forms which is kind of redundant, but all the backstory and little extras just make it that much better than T/D for me. The secret bazaars in the dungeons are one of those.
    SO. FRIKIN. USEFUL.

lol its denise

im a total newbie. :c
    Years
    holy crapamolie i frickin loved pmd2 ! i cried ! the story was amazzingggg !
    anddd i liked how you could actually walk around as a pokemon. 8D the sprites were super cute.
    as for pmd3, idk if i'm really going to get it though. really all i want is a g/s/c remake. NOW. ):

Years
    It hasn't been a whole month since this was posted in, so it would be okay, right?

I want to get PMD2 and PMD3 now, even though I haven't come close to finishing the first one! I actually started the game over because I just could not beat Rayquaza. So this time around, I'm working on building my level up (I'm a Bulbasaur), so that at least I'll have more HP for Rayquaza to kill me with!

-Raiken-

L is real 2401
    Years
    I really enjoyed these games and I got Machop on Pokemon Red Rescue team. It was a really good game and I only played demos of the others.

~Magnus~

Platinum FC: 4683-5731-9795
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    I hate these games i wish they were never created <.<

NOTE: Love how everyone misspelled Mystery in there own ways xD not that I'm a Grammar Nazi or anything

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I use to hate the pmd games since I found the bosses so hard until I found out you can put all of them to sleep and confuse them rendering them utterly useless

Back