• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Schala_25

Denizen of the Darkness
    Years
    I had a random encounter with a shiny Starly in the Great Marsh. Thankfully, I managed to catch it. Its the first shiny Pokemon I had found since Silver, when I caught a shiny Swinub...The rest of my shiny Pokemon are from trades, though. I just haven't had the chance to do much chaining.

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
    Years
    Well the list is about 30 long for the ones I've found myself, plus a hand full of traded ones (three of those I know are hacked, no let's pretend they don't exist) the latest one being a Swellow! Personally I wish I could get an Eevee.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2008
    I just encountered a shiny Nidoran(boy) in the Safari Zone in FireRed. He is Blue with Purple ears. I named him shiny.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    I got my first shiny ever yesterday! A Shiny eevee! I figured if I chain a hard pokemon, I'll get good at chaining and it worked! Now I'm a proud owner of a shiny espeon!

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2013
    My newest shiny is a shiny Torchic in Emerald. He appeared 10 minutes after starting a new game, so I was a bit suprised it popped up that quickly.

I'm hatching for a shiny Qwilfish in Diamond and I'm SRing for shiny Giratina in Platinum. I have 1170 Qwilfish eggs hatched so far, nothing yet and I'm on Day 25 of SRing for Giratina.

~Zangoose~

catching zangoose's
    Years
    today i was breeding my venasaur and i hatched an egg and it was shiny !

bulbasaur
    lv1
    brave
    magical leaf,solarbeam,grasswhistle,petal dance

what do you think?

currently breeding for a shiny elkid my 50th egg and still nothing

Jr. Berry Master

What me worry?
    Years
    My shinies:
    • Starly (caught random)
    • Eevee (chaining in trophy garden)

Here's a heartbreaker:
    Just moments ago I encountered a shiny Houndoom (randomly)!
    When I went to open my bag for a pokeball, I clicked 'Run' instead of 'Bag'.
    ...Got away safely...
    :(

Years
    I've got:
    Poochyena(UT), Shinx(UT), Zubat(UT), Crobat, Growlithe(UT), Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Absol(UT), Darkrai, Lugia, Latios, Infernape, Claydol, Walrein, Purugly, Muk, Weezing, Elektrike(UT), Eevee(UT), Magmortar, Smeargle, Glalie, Golem, Arceus, Politoed, Mew and Charizard :) No hacking!

@ Zangoose, would you like to trade that Bulbasaur?

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2009
    I've got:
    Poochyena(UT), Shinx(UT), Zubat(UT), Crobat, Growlithe(UT), Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Absol(UT), Darkrai, Lugia, Latios, Infernape, Claydol, Walrein, Purugly, Muk, Weezing, Elektrike(UT), Eevee(UT), Magmortar, Smeargle, Glalie, Golem, Arceus, Politoed, Mew and Charizard :) No hacking!

@ Zangoose, would you like to trade that Bulbasaur?

arceus is a hack there is no event for it yet sorry if you didnt know that

Years
    ow thanks, yeah I see it now :( and Latios is hack also it says: met at lvl. 0 :S

the other ones are no hack :) i'll remove that arceus and latios, don't want illegal pokemon

~Sloth~

Bringing sXe back
    Years
    I found a shiny Golbat (now a Crobat) in Victory Road on Diamond, and on Pearl the first Pokémon I ran into was a shiny Shinx (now a Luxray). I also found a shiny Exeggcute in FireRed but it ran away :( I tried chaining a few times but I really don't have the patience for it...

wu_tiger

Gotta Catch 'Em All
    Years
    I have a shiny gyrados in crystal :P well doesnt everyone ??? I havent found any shinies yet in diamond i am gonna wait till i get the pokeradar.

Naturalistick

Used to do a little.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2008
    Just recently (2 hours ago +/-) found a shiny Ponyta. Shiny Rapidash is really sweet so I'm happy ^_^

Ouvern

Ouvern Da Extremist
    Years
    Ah, i have more than a hundred shiny pokemon in my Pokemon Pearl file, yes. 80% of them were chained, 20% from trades and AR. My best among it is my Blaziken. I LOVE how it looks like. :'D

Back