• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
    Years
    I'm usually very unlucky with shinies, for example back when I used to play Crystal, I found a shiny Sentret when I had no pokeballs right at the beginning of the game, then when I found the red Gyarados... yup...made it faint. In Diamond however I have come across a shiny Machop, Geodude and Kricketune. Luckily I caught them all :)

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    This past week I caught a shiny shinx and evolved it to a luxray and named him static. I kinda switched things up and made him a mixray cause many people would assume I'd have a physical attacking one and I like being different! so I'm slowly adding to my collection of shinies!

Gordonator123

Believe...
    Years
    This are my shinies

hippowdon(random)
    togekiss(egg)
    starly(random)
    and a electavire(traded)
    My favs

Years
    I just recently hatched a shiny diglet on emerald
    so now i am currently breeding for good natures and IV's on platinum then breeding my pokemon with Japanese pokes for better shinies :)

videogamemaster

Ultimate Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2009
    I only have two shinies, and I just found both of those in random encounters. They're not anything special, just a shiny Starly and Ponyta. Although the Ponyta is pretty cool, as it's flames are blue. I've never really done the whole chaining thing with Pokeradar, but I might try that sometime.

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
    Years
    got a couple through trades:
    raquaza
    latias
    charmander

got a random encounter
    goldeen
    graveler now a golem

radared an
    eevee

and now trying to ev train a shiny charizard

SPEEDIE

*Insert Random Joke Here*
    Years
    i have a shiny mismagius, gyarados, Magikarp and Celebi (not sure if its Legit though) all through wifi
    ive never been able to get one via chaining
    its too frustrating
    can someone tell me the best place to chain

Last edited:

kill and run

SHINY HUNTER ALL DAY ERRDAY
    Years
    ive been chaining for shinys and soft resetting for shiny drifloon, havent got a shiny in such a long time lol

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Shiny Pichu question

Will the Shiny Pichu given out at the movie be any more powerful stat wise and moveset wise than a standard Pichu? What about when it evolves into Raichu?

Sorry I've never gotten an event Pokemon before.

I'm not sure if this was the right place to ask this question so mods feel free to move it if it's not.

k3rkk0z

Wanna Be Trainer
    Years
    I have some shinies. Few are traded and some i have chained. Most of them i got from abusing RNG.

Chansey
    Cyndaquil
    Riolu
    Geodude
    Electrike

JustinDestruction

Rockin' Trainer
    Years
    I currently have the following shiny Pokemon:
    Zubat
    Gastly
    Cubone
    Eevee
    Vaporeon
    Jolteon
    Flareon
    Omanyte
    Mewtwo
    Mew
    Pichu
    Espeon
    Umbreon
    Houndour
    Ho-Oh
    Ralts
    Camerupt
    Latios
    Rayquaza
    Jirachi
    Turtwig
    Gible
    Glaceon
    Leafeon
    Giratina
    Darkrai

Some were random encounters, some were trades, and some were RNG, but all are legit.

I'm still hunting around for Scyther, Charmander, Beldum, Lapras, Dratini, and Torchic at the moment.

Back