• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2010
    I remember my first shiny, it was a funny moment in my life too.
    Okay, here's what happened, I was training my 'Wailmer' in Emerald, between the city where you have Mossdeep or something, and the town thats got the ship, anyways back to the story, after the 3rd battle, a shiny 'Wailmer' appeared, and I ran out of my room screaming that I broke my Emerald, I was only like 9 at the time, so I stopped playing, and then after a couple of months my cousins like, what did you with your Emerald, and I was like, I threw it out, cause the pokemon I found was coloured in the wrong colours! LOL!

Shubshub

Master of The Y
    Years
    First Ever Shiny I caught Was
    Game - Pokemon Fire red Version (NZ)
    Location - Pokemon Tower
    Pokemon - Gastly
    Nickname I gave It - Shiny Gas

My Second Ever Shiny was

Game - Pokemon Fire Red Version (NZ)
    Location - Grassy Patch Just A Little South From Cerulian Cave
    Pokemon - Spearow
    Nickname I Gave It - Shiny Wing

3rd Shiny I Ever -ENCOUNTERED-
    Game - Pokemon Silver
    Console - GBC (Was Using Lameboy GBC Emulator On DS)
    Location - Outside new bark town
    Even Better Info - ON THE GAME IT WAS THE FIRST POKEMON I EVER ENCOUNTERED IN THE ENTIRE DAMN GAME omg rare
    What made me Scream - ONLY JUST DAMN STARTED SO HAD NO POKE BLOODY BALLS TO USE

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    My most recent shiny story went like this:

I was playing one of my Platinums (the newer one), when I was going through the Eterna galatic building.
    I saw that they had Stunkys and wanted one for my team.
    Unfortunately, Platinum doesn't carry Stunkys.

So, I went into my diamond, and went below the cycling road to catch myself a stunky.
    A a chain of 2 (because I was trying to see stunky after stunky to catch one I liked), I walked into a patch and accidentally found myself with a shiny stunky.
    I Captured it, of course, and nicknamed it Velma.

It's going to be transfered to my new Platinum on Saturday this week.
    :p

ultimatediamond

Aura Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    omg

i know its off topic, but spread this

you dont need two people to evolve trade pokemon

go to the GTS and deposit the pokemon to be traded (with any appropriate items)
    make a random trade on the GTS it doesnt matter what you trade for
    once this is done, take back the pokemon you deposited and it will evolve

this is true, i just tried it with a machoke

darklugia1995

chillin as always:)
    Years
    the first shiny i ever came across without expecting (so the red gyarados on silver doesnt count) was on sapphire when i came across a shiny latias! good thing my lv 50 golbat was first! so i used mean look, weakened it down a bit and i caught it with the first pokeball i used! i only used that pokeball for a laugh!

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    i have a fair amount of shinies.
    but none are my OT.
    so that just takes away the pride of having them :P :( .

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Shinies Huh?

*thinks of all the shinies I've caught*

Let's see...

Not counting stuff like Red Gyarados, and those I got from trades or without regular gameplay... Then I can only think of two >:(

Ah well... First. On my Emerald, when Kyogre and Groudon were battling, and I was surfing the annoying way to Sky Pillar... I met a Tentacool, lv 5. It had purple stuff on its head, and it sparkeled. Ah well. False Swipe. Great Ball. Caught. Cartridge broke five days later.

Then... On Diamond... I just beat Cynthia for the first time, and I walked towards Sandgem, to get a Slave that could use fly. Woah, shiny Starly. He's my HM-slave now =P

That's all have to share, I guess.

metalfalcon

metalfalcon is not a Skarmory
    Years
    The shinies I've caught:

Multiple Pachirisu by chaining
    A few Absols by chaining
    A Whiscash I found randomly while fishing around

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    I caught.
    Shiny Zigzagoon
    Shiny Linoone
    Shiny Voltorb
    Shiny Poochyena < Is now a Shiny Mightyena
    Shiny Numle.

=]

Cheyanne

I have Yusei Fudo's Zorua.
    Years
    I just got a shiny Charizard, he looks pretty sick. I named him Dusk, since I had already named my Aerodactyl Darkhour.

Samoo

GPX+ Fan ~ Click The Eggs :]
    Years
    Well, considering I haven't played with my Pearl game for a while, and the fact i've restarted it soo many times.... I've found quite a few shinies with the pokémon radar.
    Shiny Buizel, Cherubi, Wurmple, Starly, Nidoran Male, Growlithe and i can't remember anymore D: but Buizel was the first shiny i've found, so I love it <3

Maco

learning the ropes...
    Years
    I used the pokeradar to chain up to a shiny Ralts.
    And Gardevoir is my favorite pokemon ever. So I was happy to say the least :)

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Man , I was walking around Rt. 201 and I found a shiny Starly without PokeRadar ....

Was like "OMGWTF ...!" . Yep , I had a ball (Ultra) and got it . It is my 8th Shiny in total . The last one was a Seedot I came across in my Solo RUn in Pokemon Ruby . It'll soon be migrated to Platinum ! :)

*~|700TH POST !|~*

Back