• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Calvan

Uber Nerd
    Years
    On My emerald version I was talking to my mom half paying attention leveling my pokemon. When all of the sudden a shiny Numel appears to me. Not paying attention I almost killed it then I hit the breaks in my head when I noticed it had blue spots. I caught that sucker. Named it Krakatoa and Evolved it into Camerupt.

More recently I got a purple Glameow off of GTS. His name is Tang.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Chaining what is that?

I have my pro shiny team in FireRed of Persian, Crobat and Electrode (I accidentally evolved my voltorb I was watching Red Dwarf xD).

Idk but to me it seems if your shiny is 1st or only pokemon in the party there are slightly higher chances of encountering shiny pokemon, because I had that firered sav with shiny zubat for few years and now I started playing with it and found these other 2 guys in 1 day. :D

PKMN Trainer Alison

I'll follow you into the dark.
    Years
    I've been desperately trying to get chaining to work in Pearl. I always end up breaking it somehow >.>

I would post a link to a video about chaining but it appears I can't until I make more posts. :L

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Just caught a shiny combee a few minutes ago on my Platinum. It was a male- too bad, but at least I can show it to that news reporter in Solaceon Town.

яankurusu

The Green Blob Pokemon
    Years
    Congratulations!
    The only problem with Combee they're useless unless they're female ._.'
    Ohh well it's still a shiny to add to your collection.

Shiny Bidoof = Epic PWN! :3

DannyB01

Shiny Hoarder!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2012
    I have gotten a fair few shinies myself through RNG abuse. I have a collection of 142 EV'd shiny pokemon, and 60 shiny legendaries, i've legit checked them all myself too. Guess you could say i've got my fair share of shinies! Only one i really need now is a legit shiny jirachi...if anyone happens to have one, i have a non-mass distributed legit shiny celebi (different date) which i'd actually trade for it ;)

biancafanboy

Pokemon master
    Years
    I remember this one time I randomly bumped into a shiny Abra and caught it, then literally the next battle I bumped into a shiny ponyta. That was the craziest thing thats ever happened to me.

pika247

Pikachu Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2012
    In Platinum, my first battle with Giratina, it was Shiny. I threw that Master Ball with no hesitation XD

Turnabout

bonk!
    Years
    In Platinum, my first battle with Giratina, it was Shiny. I threw that Master Ball with no hesitation XD

You lucky chansey!
    I soft resetted several thousand times for my shiny giratina!
    But it was worth it xD

I also have a random encountered shiny Torkoal (he's Gold!) and a Quagsire (he's purple!)

I really love shiny pokemon but don't put much effort into finding them :/

W Pryce

(9'_')9
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2010
    I rarely actually go hunting for shiny pokemon though the only shinies I do have are a meditite and pichu. Both of those being random, then one I actually used the radar and ended up getting was a slugma, so all in all, nice finds.

FatBunny

is an overweight rodent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2010
    Only random encounter shiny I've ever had was in Crystal version - a shiny rattata. Haven't had one since then.

But earlier today I chained to 40 and then caught two shiny skitty in a row. Immediately evolved one into delcatty, but yeah. I think I can get the hang of chaining. It sort of reminds me of crocheting, really repetitive but not very bothersome if you've got some good music or a conversation going.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    When I was organizing my team for the Elite Four and the whole playthrough of the game, I decided that a water type would fit nicely inside of my roster, so what other than one of the most underused water types in Generation Four, Lumineon. So I looked up where I could find Finneon and I went to that location, now get ready for some serious awesome right here.

I sent my Good Rod out into the water, I got a bite reeled it in, and I saw that my catch was a Finneon, except this Finneon had different colouring, sort of Brownish, with beige stripes, but I couldn't quite analyze it until it's actual fightsprite popped up, and there it was, sparkling with Brown. Threw a Quick ball at it, and it was mine, and the awesome part is, I wanted a Lumineon on my team, but I just so happened to get lucky enough to find a Shiny one. ;)

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
    I havent got any shinies at all yet, and have never Once ran into one randomly in about 6 years of playing.. My 39 long Voltorb chain broke just now without a shiny...

Back