• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Attrox Ostendo

Meat Stain Lieks Vinnie Gar~<3
    Years
    Got a shiny Shinx the other day when I was chaining. It was weird though, because I only had a chain of 7 and the shiny didn't come from a shiny patch, which kinda makes it a wild appearance, but I dunno. I'm finally able to chain in my platinum though, which is nice cause I don't have to trade them over from my diamond nemoarz.

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
    Years
    Last week i caught a shiny starly, Which was my FIRST ever shiny in any pokemon game. (Not counting red Gyarados from silver/gold) And just a second ago. I caught a shiny shinx. Theres this weird feeling when you encounter one, It's very weird. None the less. Now i have two shinies of my own :)

Years
    My first shiny was an electrike way back in Ruby. I gave it to my best friend for his birthday because he was the one who found it. I later found a Paras in Firered, which is now a Parasect. I got a shiny Eevee from a friend, so doesn't really count as me finding it. Then I have a non-genuine Rayquaza, Groudon and Arceas.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    The only shiny I've caught in my copy of Pearl is...

Red Gyarados -_-

*~Fireheart~*

ready for action!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    I've only caught one shiny myself, that was a shiny poochyena in Emerald. [not counting Red Gyarados] also my friends hatched me a couple of shinies after SR after a while, or it least I think.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2009
    Meh shineys

I have loads of shineys as a result of loads of free time. ^.^
    I have......
    Roselia(Thorns)
    Weavile
    Dustox(Spiffy)
    Beautifly(Grace)
    Umbreon(Zexion)
    Ampharos
    Butterfree
    Luxray(Storm)
    Phampy
    Chansey
    Kadabara
    Ariados
    Marill
    Azumarill
    Belossom
    Gyarados
    and Camerupt

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2009
    in platinum, it took me an hour to find a spot to fish for a feebas. my second one was a shiny female feebas (now trained, leveled, and evolved)!

Starlite

extraterrestrial
    Years
    Uh... I caught a Shiny Female Pikachu while trying to complete my National Pokedex... in the trophy garden. ^^

Vie

Years
    I ran into a shiny geodude on my first day playing platinum xD
    I practised chaining a lot, so I'm quite good at it now. my chains rarely break [/proud] my favorite shiny is my shiny umbreon...its so shiny...and...pretty x3

the0person0of03

RANDOM JUNK #1- goat in a tutu
    Years
    Shiny(platinum):
    Gabite x1(random)
    Snover x1(random)
    Skitty x4(ALL CHAINED)
    Pachiipachii! x1(Random, traded from daimond)
    Piplup x1(Hatched, PERFECT Ivs, putting on team)
    Torterra x1(Beginning, traded from daimond, Evolved)
    Sceptile x1 (Hatched, Evolved)

I R LUCKY! :3

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2012
    How do u identify a hacked shiny? If its related to IVs hw do i work it out and wat wud the average b?

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    I've been soft resetting for a shiny Piplup on my new Platinum version since yesterday. Part of me would like to just play through the game and soft reset for a shiny Giratina, but an even bigger part of me is greedy and wants to get both Piplup and Giratina shiny. :)

As of right now, though, I'm hatching for a shiny Porygon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2014
    I meet first shiny pokemon is poochyena in ruby
    And I no pokeball to catch it....

Back