• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Unofficial Wrestling Thread (WARNING! WE MIGHT HAVE SPOILERS!)

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
Years
  • This needed to come back... And what a night to bring it back! Tonight, for those not in the know, was Wrestlemania 28! Let me tell you all that, personally, I am proud to say that I was NOT disappointed. Gotta say WWE... You had me worried for a bit there, but now... I have faith in you again. Nearly all the matches I saw (except the first four) were fan-freakin'-tastic. The Match of the Night though?

Hm... Personally, it is a tie between three to me.

Undertaker vs. Triple H (w/ Shawn Michaels as Special Guest Referee) End of an Era Hell in a Cell (Winner, Undertaker 20-0)

CM Punk (WWE Champion) vs. Chris Jericho (Winner and still champion, CM Punk)

John Cena vs. The Rock Once in a Lifetime (Winner, THE ROCK!!!!!!)

So, for those who watched, who do you think won? Also, what do you think will happen now? Which WWE superstar should everyone start looking out for? For those who like TNA (like me), how do you think TNA will try to top this, if they can? Which TNA star should be on everyone's radar? Same question with the ROH stars. Who's hot? Who's not? Who absolutely positively SUCKS?!

Let's see some answers!

(Once Wrestlemania week is over, I'll start bringing in various news and whatnot. Obviously, this week is gonna be HELL for the wrestling community.)

Now, I shall end this here with a world famous catchphrase:

IF YOU CAN SMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL-LA-LA-LA-LA-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW, WHAT THE ROCK. IS. *epic pause* COOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Only half watched the last two matches which I thought were okay. I got there when apparently Undertaker vs. HHH was over. Honestly didn't care who won outside of the Undertaker, and I was hoping Y2J would come out but didn't happen unfortunately. Most of the matches I heard were sub-par. Seriously WHC match lasted 18 seconds and people say Daniel Bryan is out 3-6 months with a herniated disc.

I'm curious who Cena next feud will be with since the Rock is out of the picture. Then again the draft will be held in a couple weeks so, who knows. All that matters though is Taker is 20-0. And hopefully he retires on Raw tonight. I would have preferred he went as the American Badass/Big Evil instead of the Deadman since he had his had shaved.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
  • BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!

BREAKING NEWS EVERYONE!

Tonight at the end of Monday Night RAW, The Freak came back. Now, I know you're thinking, who is "The Freak?" Well, the freak is the one, the only...​

That's right... Brock Lesnar returned to WWE TONIGHT! It's been a long time coming, but Brock Lesnar came back in style. He came into the ring and F-5ed Cena! So, everyone, tell me what you all think this will mean for the WWE. Will this be good for business? Is this going to change WWE? Personally, I think it will be, and I hope it will.​

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I marked when I saw Brock just like I did when I saw Y2J and Masked Kane come back. All of these seem good for business imo. Where they will go with this though on the other hand makes me wonder though. Certainly I think it is good for business. I think Lesnar may lose this feud since Cena lost his feud with the Rock and they want to give their Golden boy some love after the lost. Lord Tensai is a joke and here I thought it would actually be some new Japanese talent, but no its just A-Train looking as goofy as ever. Hopefully they actually get some actual NEW talent soon, I am sick of all the jobbers and the same typical sub-par story lines.

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
    Years
  • I marked when I saw Brock just like I did when I saw Y2J and Masked Kane come back. All of these seem good for business imo. Where they will go with this though on the other hand makes me wonder though. Certainly I think it is good for business. I think Lesnar may lose this feud since Cena lost his feud with the Rock and they want to give their Golden boy some love after the lost. Lord Tensai is a joke and here I thought it would actually be some new Japanese talent, but no its just A-Train looking as goofy as ever. Hopefully they actually get some actual NEW talent soon, I am sick of all the jobbers and the same typical sub-par story lines.

i kno right? i mean ive been watching wwe since i was 2, i grew up in the attatude era, i think the reason why their bringing back all the old guys is because there gonna use them to put over the new talent, thus making them better. and the reason why the rock won is because hes wrestling next year at wrestlemania. its either a rematch against cena, or a match against punk.

ALSO: garenteed that this was 'taker's last match.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
  • ALSO: garenteed that this was 'taker's last match.

You could be right, however, I recently read an articule over at PW Insider that says otherwise. Could be mistaken, but Undertaker IS expected to perform next year at Wrestlemania XXIX.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Oh, about time someone made a thread. Mewthree's thread died ages ago. Anyway, I saw Mania, and... I think every match except for Taker's surprised me.

(Dark Match) Epico & Primo vs. The Usos vs. Gabriel and Kid - ***
    Average. They got a decent amount of time, and the Gabriel moonsault spot and Kid's superplex rollup spot were awesome. Given it was a preshow match, I expected E&P to win. Still, I can't help but hope Kid and Gabriel take the titles soon. They have good chemistry. Apparently, though, Gabriels out for about 6 weeks, he got injured, probably on the 450 splash.

Sheamus vs D-Bryan(c) - zero stars
    A squash match at Mania's become normal. One for the Heavyweight title, though, is complete crap. AND it had D-Bryan as the loser, and I love D-Bry. He deserved better. I mean, I expected him to loose, but still. If anything good came out of this, it's the YES! chants. I love those.

Kane vs Randy Orton - ** 1/2

Two and half because it was okay, but could've been a lot better. Their No DQ match on SD! was a lot better than this. Still, they worked hard and it came out decently. The finish was a bit meh, though, that 2nd rope chokeslam didn't look nearly as apainful as a normal one. I suspect a rematch at Extreme Rules with a stipulation, where Orton goes over. Btw, I called Orton for this match, so I was surprised when Kane won

Big Show vs. Cody Rhodes(c) - **
    I actually called Cody for this one. I guess I'm happy with the outcome, though. Cody might get a push, and Show's a Grand Slam Champ. Congrats, Show. However, it looks like the feuds not over.. I kinda wish it were. I like Cody a lot, and he needs to get higher up in the card.

Maria Menounos & Kelly Kelly vs. Beth Phenonix & Eve - ***
    I didn't care about this match. But honestly, it was a lot better than I expected it to be. Maria perservered through alleged injuries, and Kelly's top rope flip was impressive. And Eve's hot. That is all.

Triple H vs. The Undertaker w/ SGR HBK in Hell in a Cell - *****
    Holy ****. This match was epic. All three men went through hell, especially Taker (did you see the welts on his back from the chairshots?). AND there was blood, but not the blood from Pre-PG WWE. It looks like legit streetfight cuts. There are people complaining about how it told to much of a story, but isn't that what this whole thing is about? It's an end of and era. Of course there'll be drama. That said, this match was amazing, and I'm really happy I saw it.

Team Johnny vs Team Teddy - **

WAY to many people. But it was ok. I was still reeling from HIAC, though. The finish was a little odd, but it works with Eve's heel run. And the right person got the pin, though I wouldn't have minded Ziggler, another man in need of a push. Anyway, the right team won.

Chris Jericho vs CM Punk(c) - ****1/2
    Damn, this match was awesome. I liked the stipulation Johnny Ace put on the match prior. It caused drama that fit the situation. It was just a taaad bit slow to start. But still amazing. My favorite spot would have to be Punk's top rope Hurricaranna reversed into the Walls of Jericho. Holy ****. The finish was perfect too. I just thought Y2J would win, so I'm surprised, but thankfully the feuds continuing.

John Cena vs The Rock - ****
    Maybe a little generous, but it was a good match. It started off too slow, though, but it quickly heated up. But damn, I did NOT expect the Rock to win. I was Team Cenation this whole time. But I'm dead happy for Rocky.

On the whole, this show was a 7 out of 10. A decent Mania that would've been better had it not been for the opening match. Still mad about that.

Anyway, as for Lesnar returning, I totally marked out. I also laughed at how the crowd chanted "We want Lesnar" during Cena's promo. But still, the F5 was so awesome. Mania 29's at Metlife Stadium in Jersey, and I live in NY. Hopefully, I can go and see the Freak in action.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
  • Oh, about time someone made a thread. Mewthree's thread died ages ago. Anyway, I saw Mania, and... I think every match except for Taker's surprised me.

Anyway, as for Lesnar returning, I totally marked out. I also laughed at how the crowd chanted "We want Lesnar" during Cena's promo. But still, the F5 was so awesome. Mania 29's at Metlife Stadium in Jersey, and I live in NY. Hopefully, I can go and see the Freak in action.

Just saying, I agree with all of your points, except the Divas match. It deserved two stars, in my opinion. Honestly? I made myself an EPIC sandwich during that match. That's all I see Diva matches for anyways nowadays. If Kharma comes back though... *whistles* I'll be watching closely.

And in other news, I hate you (not really, just a little jealous). While I did get to see Wrestlemania 27 live (now THAT was awesome), I almost got to go this year. In the end, I just couldn't due to personal stuff. Still though, I'm jealous man. Hope you get to see it. Trust me, Wrestlemania is five hundred times better live.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • i kno right? i mean ive been watching wwe since i was 2, i grew up in the attatude era, i think the reason why their bringing back all the old guys is because there gonna use them to put over the new talent, thus making them better. and the reason why the rock won is because hes wrestling next year at wrestlemania. its either a rematch against cena, or a match against punk.

ALSO: garenteed that this was 'taker's last match.
    I dunno about this being Taker last match. I would like to this it is send 20 seems to be a well rounded number. I would like to see Taker vs. Lesnar like the ole days when Smack Down was actually worth watching.

Oh, about time someone made a thread. Mewthree's thread died ages ago. Anyway, I saw Mania, and... I think every match except for Taker's surprised me.

Captain Fabio had a thread here last year but it died out.

People were complaining the match was more chair shots then anything, but hey it's more entertaining then watching D Bryan lose as quick as he did or any other match for that matter. Only thing I was hoping for is Undertaker would be American Badass since he shaved his head, although I was of course hoping for too much.

Jericho and Punk match was the best wrestling match for me. And I wished Jericho would have won as well. And their rivalry seems to continue for a bit since they want us to think he smashed a Jack Daniels bottle on his head.

Years
  • Taker match was really something. I loved it and really glad to see that it went well.

Highlight was when he sat up, like in the old days, and quickly went through all his signature moves. Brought pure memories of the olden days when he was active.

I think you have all forgotten A-Train's return too.​

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
  • Captain Fabio... I've heard many things about you. All good. :)

I certainly haven't. Lord Tensai is actually a character I'm interested in right now. I can't wait to see what he can do now. I have high hopes for him, especially after seeing some matches he had in Japan.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    I once lost interest in WWE when my favorites left. Stone Cold Steve Austin and especially, The Rock! I watch WWE here and there sometime during the past year because of The Rock's apparent return. I was so happy to hear him beat John Cena. It was a must. Then I watched the Raw AM Saturday night, The Rock want to be WWE Champion again??? This will be good. I'm starting to gain interest solely because of him and now Brock Lesnar returned when I watched it last night??? Plus, trying to bring Masked Kane back, Chris Jericho being his awesome usual self, CM Punk getting crazy, John Cena is turning to be a badass, what's next? I think John L, even though I don't like him, I prefer Eric Bishoff but, I think John L is a fine General Manager. I mean, come on, look at all these returns for goodness sake.

Oh and I do have to admit, I am a Randy Orton fan when it comes to whoever I cheer for..and hopefully..The Rock keeps his word!

I find it odd how...NASCAR and the WWE had their slump with fan-base from 2008 to now..and now they are rising with their certain traditions to bring the excitement back. I've noticed that.....

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I think you have all forgotten A-Train's return too.​

Not at all. I dunno what I think of him yet. He certainly looks like a beast. But that's it so far. It's only been two weeks, and it's been hinted that he's in line for a title run against Punk. Lets see how it goes.

Anyways, my remarks about this weeks Raw. It started out epic. The blood might've been accidental, but damn did it work out. Props to Cena for making a promo with Ace so quickly. The rest of the show lagged, though.

I missed out on SD Live. Gonna see if tomorrow.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Sorry everyone! It's been crazy on my end. Updates and news will be up tomorrow!

You know, I can assist with the results if you want. I'd probably end up putting John Canton's "Raw Report" on, though, I'm lazy. And Canton's great at his reviews.

I don't think anyone's talked about TNA so far. Anyone watching Lockdown?

Master JM

Parasitic Person
    Years
  • Phew, I looked through this section a few times and couldn't find a wrestling thread. Good thing I slowly skimmed through the list of threads again.

So how do you wrestling fans out there think Extreme Rules is shaping up? It might be WrestleMania rematches, but most of them will be worth watching with the added stipulations. I believe Jericho and Punk can steal the show, with Daniel Bryan and Sheamus coming in second. I've been enjoying the Kane/Orton feud unlike some people, but I'm not very excited for Brock/Cena.

Hopefully The Miz, Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes and other good talents find their way onto the card soon.

By the way, GO TEAM JERICHO! :bandit:

Back