• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Old Cards

F.E. DeWitt Jr.

The Poke'mon Writer
    Years
    Who still has and loves the old pokemon cards? because I do, the only way I can find the old pokemon cards are on ebay or cardorder. So anybody that has and still loves the old pokemon cards, lets talk about them because I still have them.

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2008
    I'm still a huge fan of the old cards!

I've been playing since they first came over to America in '98. I had an amazing water-type deck back in the day that could defeat most everybody I came along, but I've since misplaced it and that makes me a very sad moleish. :( I took a few years of hiatus from the game and in the meantime lost every single one of my old cards. One of my most prized posessions was a holofoil japanese first edition Venusaur. Lord I wish I still had it... u__u

Andelc

Cool Trainer Alex
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    I still have all my old cards which were like the first 6 sets.
    But I have tons from the jungle + base.
    I also like the art on the old ones better.

RR☆Oresama

Why? Has someone died? (¬_¬;)
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 10, 2013
    My uncle's decks are mostly old cards. :) Say, Sabrina's Alakazam in the same deck as a Skyridge Gengar? :P

On a side note, is it true that decks with old cards aren't usable anymore? It would really bite... x.x

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2008
    My uncle's decks are mostly old cards. :) Say, Sabrina's Alakazam in the same deck as a Skyridge Gengar? :P

On a side note, is it true that decks with old cards aren't usable anymore? It would really bite... x.x

It is, in order to maintain fair game, as many players don't have hordes of old cards. All cards in sets before EX Holon Phantoms (excluding reprints) can't be used.

RR☆Oresama

Why? Has someone died? (¬_¬;)
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 10, 2013
    ^ and he was just telling me about how that particular deck steamrolled an unofficial tourney they had before...

Other combinations of his included EX Dragons Flygon with Fossil(?) Dragonite and Base Set 1 Venusaur...

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2009
    All I have is the First Gen cards. I bought the GameBoy game too. Man the good times xD But not when they always got banned from school.. D:

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I used to have hundreds of the original cards, but they all got thrown away by my parents... T_T
    I miss Mew, Zapdos and Ninetales.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2008
    I love the old cards. I have around 2,000 or so. I'm selling most though, or, at least trying to anyway. I remember going to the mall every Sunday to buy a booster for $5. Haha good times! I'm currently looking into to buying a base, jungle, and fossil booster box and collecting all cards from each set. I want them in perfect condition and I don't trust ebay and all the other card dealers are SO overpriced. I've always collected not actually used them, I fact I've never even tried.

Back