• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Old Chateau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    This thread is to discuss about the Old Chateau ghosts.

First, all the known information:

Real people ghosts:

Little girl - To see her, go upstairs to the middle room and then go to the second room from the right (the one with the eyes on the wall). When you enter, a little girl should appear on the room on the right, turn around and float (because her legs don't move) to the door, disappearing. If you don't see her, exit and enter the room again until you do.

Butler - Go forward to the dining room and you will see an old man at the other side of the table, who will then float to the left and then disappear. If you don't see him, exit and enter the room again until you do.

Pokémon ghosts:

Gastly are seen everywhere in the mansion. Haunter and Gengar appear less often if you have a GBA game inserted in your DS. And, finally, Rotom appears after obtaining the National Dex if you watch the TV closely during night time.

Mysterious "ghosts"
    The picture in the room where you see the girl has red glowind eyes on it, staring at you unless you approach. When you leave the room and go to the other ones, the eyes will follow your direction. Apart from the eyes, there's the statue at the entrance of the dining room that "appears to be staring at you".

Theories

I heard in this forum a theory about these ghosts. Supposedly, the chef poisoned the food and killed the little girl and the old man, saving himself with an Antidote found in the kitchen.

I have some things to add to this theory. I think the little girl was NOT killed. The TM Substitue found at the room where the girl is can tell another girl was killed instead. Also it's strange that, the Old Gateau, which cures status ailments, wasn't used. But, in my opinion, this was what the real girl used to save herself. Maybe the girl is someone else in the game, she could even have grew up because no one says when this happened. Because there are no clues, it could anyone, even Cynthia or Dawn (assuming the male character is the main one).

If you have other theories or discoverings, post them.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    >>I heard in this forum a theory about these ghosts.
    lol hi.

Anyhow, did you notice how the statue in the Chateau looks the same as the one in the Mansion?

Also, don't you think its strange how only the little girl and the old man is dead? Assuming that the old man is a butler, then where did the father/mother go? Maybe they got rich through scams and such, and were being chased by triads... but they ran away to somewhere far away, so the girl/man had to bite the bullet. Literary.

Years
    • VA
    • Seen Aug 13, 2007
    Hmmm

I Think That The Butler Is Working At The Pokemon Mansion And That The Owner Is The Father, The Little Girl Is One Of The Maids Or Maybe Is Still Haunting The Mansion

Cema

Dis are an wittey tietl.
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Jul 31, 2013
    I don't remember exactly where in the game, but another person mentions how they abandoned the mansion 50 years ago.

Years
    A friend of mine thinks these ghosts are Gastly's, since they can be found in the OC. They would transform then into human, like they did in the animé. (At Maiden's Peak, if I'm not wrong), that episode with the Venusoise.

Another friend thinks they're the old villagers of the OC, and now floating as ghosts in the Mansion, like in the anime too, I don't know the title anymore, but it was with te Ninetales with mythical powers, and with that girl Brock fell in love in. The master of that Ninetales never came back from a journey and they kept, and kept waithing. (I think that trainer was a Brock look-a-like.)

Well, these are just theories, but they're pretty logical, if you think about it.

Nationalpokedexcompleter

All pokemon lv. 100
    Years
    I think that Mr. Backlot was the old owner of that mansion. And I heard that when you get the national pokedex and go to the old mansion between 8 PM and 4 Am and talk to the tv in the second floor then a secret pokemon appears, but hay Ime not sure you would just have to go there and find out for youre self.
    R T M

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Is R T M considered a LEgendary?
    It's more along the lines of a Snorlax/Sudowoodo. So it's an event Pokemon.

Nationalpokedexcompleter said:
    I think that Mr. Backlot was the old owner of that mansion.
    This actually makes a ton of sense to me, since his mansion has the same statue as the chateau...

His jolly personality maybe just a facade to cover up his dark past...?

Lubricus

The one and only
    Years
    His own surname would contradict the idea of that chateau being his - his own mansion right now has a backyard where the chateau lacks one.

Funny how his mansion is doesn't have a staircase.
    But you don't know whats behind those doors the maids block now do you.

Years
    I heard in this forum a theory about these ghosts. Supposedly, the chef poisoned the food and killed the little girl and the old man, saving himself with an Antidote found in the kitchen.

I have some things to add to this theory. I think the little girl was NOT killed. The TM Substitue found at the room where the girl is can tell another girl was killed instead. Also it's strange that, the Old Gateau, which cures status ailments, wasn't used. But, in my opinion, this was what the real girl used to save herself. Maybe the girl is someone else in the game, she could even have grew up because no one says when this happened. Because there are no clues, it could anyone, even Cynthia or Dawn (assuming the male character is the main one).
    Maybe Agatha is the escaped daughter! xP

And because it deserves a mention in every Chateau thread, the picture with eyes appears to be a cameo of ROB; if not then at least strongly inspired by his design.

The Old Chateau
    <=>
    The Old Chateau

For those who don't know, ROB was a toy robot made by Nintendo which hooked up to the NES. He's credited with saving video games following the post-Atari video game crash in the 80s. Even if the video game market had slowly recovered without ROB, there'd still be no Game Boy. And with no Game Boy, there's no Pokémon. See where this is going? ;)

Spaekle Oddberry

this is why i'm hot
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    I went in that place late at night with the lights off and it made me paranoid. D: The music is awesome.

Anyway, I like that Mr. Backlot theory. I know there's something untrustworthy about that guy. >:O

DizzyTech

Can't find his Emerald copy.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2008
    Why doesn't anybody check out a Walk Through Walls cheat on those maids? We'll see what's behind them then...

Or, try out a map viewer/editor on a ROM and see if there's a warp.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    Yeah, but talking in an in-universe perspective, what could they be hiding. Maybe he left some part of the mansion for old stuff he doesn't want to remember when living in the Old Chateau. Because of that, he may try to always look happy with his garden.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    I didn't really think much of the place, I never thought there was a story behind it. Maybe we'll get the full scoop in the Anime!

OFFTOPIC:
    I Think That The Butler Is Working At The Pokemon Mansion And That The Owner Is The Father, The Little Girl Is One Of The Maids Or Maybe Is Still Haunting The Mansion

Why Do You Capitalize Every Letter In The Sentence Every Time You Make A Post?

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    yeah, hopefully. i've been trying to figure out what significance the butler had, but i never knew about the girl. guess i'm going to have to check it out. lol

Legacy

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    I noticed one of the ghosts in there when I went to go catch Rotom. I actually thought I just imagined it for a while because I kept going back in but couldn't see it again.

I didn't really think much of the place, I never thought there was a story behind it. Maybe we'll get the full scoop in the Anime!

OFFTOPIC:

Why Do You Capitalize Every Letter In The Sentence Every Time You Make A Post?
    Probably because he's typing his entire posts in caps but the forum alters it so that only the first letter is capitalised.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back