• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The old days.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    Like I said, statistics aren't everything. You're proving nothing with numbers, commas or decimals.

saul

"My goodness, that's odd."
    Years
    This seems to become a "Show off your forum's stats" thread. XD

Yeah, MMC had a nice flow of activity before the party, and then it like.... stopped. But it seems to be picking up some pace again. =3

----- Back to topic.
    I remember sites like PPN, Victory Road, PikaSurf.... Nice sites. Now they're all like.... gone.

Tyler

PHP Scripter
    Years
    Victory Road was a really nice site, I wish the owner would've reopened it like he said he would. I really don't remember PikaSurf tho.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    Victory Road was a really nice site, I wish the owner would've reopened it like he said he would. I really don't remember PikaSurf tho.

VR was an awesome site.

PikaSurf was once part of PokeSafari, then split if I remember correctly. PikaSurf always got big hits, but had nothing under the hood.

I remember PokeSafari and Kyogre's Lair <33

Kyogre's Lair was one of the dam fine sites that are hard to see gone.

You know whats sad...I can remember the days of UPNetwork, Bulbagarden, Pokemasters, and PokeAdobe were the big four. Those were the days. Those were some good days posting on forums to. UPNetworks was real good. PokeAdobe's was...well...uncensored and it was awesome. PokeAdobe is the only one I don't really know what happened to, it just upped and disappeared on me back in 01.

HelloPichu

Hello Pichu
    Years
    my first site in 1999 was Poke Alert when there was a site called pokesky i miss them days nobody stole layouts and information. vbulletin wasnt around then we had ikonboards haha

Tyler

PHP Scripter
    Years
    Stop bringing up the stolen layouts, we've all done our share of doing that once. Who cares.

Anyways, I didn't think Kyogre's Lair was that good.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    Stop bringing up the stolen layouts, we've all done our share of doing that once. Who cares.

Anyways, I didn't think Kyogre's Lair was that good.

His walkthroughs were awesome. His claim to fame no question there.

Anyone know if Poke-Amph is still around? I know the guy bought his site back now and then...after that though no clue.

Tyler

PHP Scripter
    Years
    I've been to Poke Amph but i don't think he updates anymore.

Edit: Last update was 10 / 05 / 06.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    PokeAmph is still up, though the owner does not update anymore. By the way, Smogon is also one of the classics out there, and PokeZam is still up too, with frequent updates.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    PokeZam isn't the same one that it used to be though :x

*remembers the big drama when PokeZam got a new owner...*

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2014
    Yeah, both died fairly recently. :(

There was also Roarkiller's World and Pojo in the old days (Pojo still exists, but it sucks severely now).

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2014
    No, they aren't mine, lol. I was just saying both sites died recently - I was commenting on it.

How could I forget PA!? That was like one of the best sites. Nick15 isn't around much anymore, but I did inherit his entire site and will eventually put up some of his stuff.

Oh, and Pokemon Forever with Meowth346! I talk to him every weekend - he is helping me with a PokeBeach project.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    wow the memories.. the original bulbagarden, firespin, upn, that "other" ppn (poke planet, lol) tpm and even pojo back then (they suck now.. )

speaking of tpm, it was my 'goal' site.. I looked up to it as it had everything you could want all in an awesome, easy to use layout.. too bad it went away only to return at less then 1/4th its glory *sad*

My main hosting site uses a tribute to tpm layout I made in memory of tpm..
    check it out, see if it does bring any flashes or rememberence of the proud, awesome tpm.. www.ppnhosting.com
    (this layout is avail in a basic, modifiable form tho it may not be upto current web standards.. yet)

Back