• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen The old duplication glitch for Pokemon Gold & Silver works for the Virtual Console versions too.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2018
    Just like before, you save, deposit a Pokemon holding an item into a box, switch to a different box, turn off the game before it finishes saving and , tada, you have two of the same Pokemon and item (One in your party and the other in the box you deposited it in).

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    I did wonder if they'd somehow block that (IE disabling the power button or the Virtual Console menu while saving), obviously not, but can cloned Pokemon be transferred? Would Pokebank pick up on whether a Pokemon was cloned or not?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2018
    I did wonder if they'd somehow block that (IE disabling the power button or the Virtual Console menu while saving), obviously not, but can cloned Pokemon be transferred? Would Pokebank pick up on whether a Pokemon was cloned or not?

I don't know. I never tried to bank a clone before.

One thing is for sure. Catching both Lugia and Ho-Oh will be a heck of a lot easier once I use the glitch to get mad Masterballs.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Nah, considering we can clone already in the current gens (or at least in gen 6 and it wasn't flagged as a problem) the original clones should be good too :) Just hacked things are a problem. Given this is a glitch and not a hack it's fine in later gens/bank!

Last edited:
    Back