• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The (once again) Scramble Challenge!!!

-Cygnus-

It's an odyssey
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2015
    @Maelstromk: Have yourself a Magikarp->Gyarados. It must keep splash, and you cannot teach it surf. >:]

thenickel09

Lurker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Still waiting on my last pokemon :P (Preferably a Hoenn Pokemon)

Team:
    - Pidgey, evolves at normal levels + 10
    - Lapras, from Silph Co, named IceCream
    -

@chaos, Nidoran (female), must know one Fighting-type move at all times until after the 7th gym. Cannot evolve into Nidorina unless it solos Gardenia's Roserade.

Years
    I AM SIGING UP

BAM

Trainer: Laure
    Game: Emerald Version
    Restrictions: No bug types, Magikarp/Feebas, or Pokemon that evolve through trades

@Chaos11011 I think you should have a Flareon that doesn't know any fire moves
    @thenickel09 I'll do you a fav and let you break out your starter.... cept your starter needs to have 2 of its slots taken up by an HM

Gloosh

Is Playsing the Porkemons.
    Years
    I'm gonna try this.
    Name: Gloosh
    Game Name: (choose for me?)
    Game: Sapphire
    Number of Pokemon: 5
    Restrictions: Only pokemon available in sapphire, please. No pokemon that need to be traded to evolve also. :)
    1: Lunatone, no restrictions.
    2:
    3:
    4:
    5:

Last edited:

thenickel09

Lurker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    @thenickel09 I'll do you a fav and let you break out your starter.... cept your starter needs to have 2 of its slots taken up by an HM

Ok, albeit not a Hoenn Pokemon I'll take it...looks like I'll pick Squirtle then so I can use Surf/Waterfall :P

@Laure, I'm gonna give you a Taillow, can only evolve if is either Level 50 or solos Winona's Gym. (whichever comes first/you decide)

@Gloosh, You get a Lunatone, no restrictions :)

Years
    Posting for my reference, I forgot to ad I want 4 pokes on my team

1. Taillow (can't evolve until lv. 50 / or beat Winona's Gym)

Maelstromk

The Dead Philospher
    Years
    Ok, first a confirmation to the Pokemon I'm taking the challenge with
    1.A Paris that shall be named 1-Up once caught, cannot learn Spore unless it solo's my rival, and cannot evolve unless it Solo's Koga's Gym without the use of the TM Dig
    2.A Magikarp without evolution restrictions that MUST keep Splash and must not learn Surf
    3.A Nidoran (gender unspecified) that although has no restrictions for his first stage evolution, can only be evolved a second time once a Clefairy can be captured.

Secondly I have my first update, unfortantly since I'm playing on an acual Cart, I do not have screenshots to reference, so I'll provide as many details as I can along the way.

Update 1: Beginning of the game to capture of Nidoran
    1.Started New Game
    2.Named Myself Scrom, named Rival Red Trainer ID: 03602
    3.Removed Potion from PC
    4.Received Charmander, named him Useless
    5.Beat Rival, Useless at Lv. 6
    6.ran through route 1, running from all battles
    7.received Oak's Parcel
    8.Returned through route 1
    9.delivered Oak's Parcel and recieved Pokedex
    10.Aquired Town Map
    11.Went back through Route 1
    12.Bought 3 Pokeballs, 3 Antidotes, 3 Paralize Heals
    13.Caught a Nidoran F (First to show up) didn't name it
    14.Went to Pokemon Center in Viridian, healed Nidoran F and boxed "Useless" The Charmander
    15. End of Part 1

Current Team
    Nidoran F Lv.3
    HP:16
    Attack:8
    Defense:8
    Speed:7
    Special:7

Game Time: 0:19

Growl Tackle

Lastly Challenge Issues

@Laurie You may have a starter of your choosing, but you must keep the moves it starts with, and an additional 1 HM Move of your choosing. Name:Useless

You are allowed to teach it moves if you can solo both 1 Gym Leader, and your rival. Evolution is completely up to you

Last edited:
    Years
    1. Taillow (can't evolve until lv. 50 / or beat Winona's Gym)
    2. Treecko (can't erase any of the moves it comes with (1 hm move), nicknamed useless

Maelstromk

The Dead Philospher
    Years
    2nd Update

Nidoran: Route 1 Grinding

This update is rather short, after I put Charmander in a box, I went back to Route 1, and started to train my Nidoran (F). At First it was acually rather tedious, it seemed no matter what I pit it agianst, I could not best my foes, I had to restart several times to get him, from Lv. 3, to Lv. 4, after that however, it got much easier, and after some steady work, I finally made it back to Viridian City (also collected the Potion from the Market guy witch I neglected to do earlier)

Team:
    Nidoran (F) LV:11
    Attack:19
    Defense:18
    Speed:18
    Special:16

Scratch Growl
    Tackle

Game Time:0:58

Third Update: TIME TO CHALLENGE BROCK (After Pwning some noobs in a forrest)
    Bear in mind, I added my third update in order to avoid double posting

1.From Viridian City, I went through Viridian Forrest with literally no problems. Beating all Trainers and gathering every item without fail
    2.Reached Pewter City
    3.Healed at Pokemon Center, and bought 5 Potions and a Pokeball at the Center
    4.Battled Brock's Understudy, which I managed to do with very little health remaining (Nidoran about Lv 14)
    5.Went Back to Pokemon Center and Healed
    6.Went Up Against Brock: Here is a quick summery

In order to beat Geodude, I had to pretty much growl like no other, and continue to scratch, using a potion when I was low on health, got lucky with a few critcal hits so I only managed to use 1 potion out of the 7 I had.
    Onix on the other hand, proved slightly more trickly. Mostly because of his higher level, and a constant and annoying use of Full Heal's in the Battle, WHO KNEW BROCK CARRIED 5 (I'm sure many of you). Well I didn't so poising him took quite some time. making sure to growl to my fullest extent, I just posion Stinged him until he was (finally) poisened, healing when my health was low, using up two more of my potions, after he was poisoned however, the battle was done a short time later. As an added bonus my Nidoran reached lv. 16, and evolved into Nidorina.

This challenge is starting to look plausible! ^_^

Team:
    Nidorina lv.16

Hp:53
    Attack:31
    Defense:30
    Speed:30
    Special:26

Scratch Growl
    Tackle Poison Sting

Game Time: 1:40

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Name: Chaos11011
    Game Name: Iago
    Game: Platinum
    Number of Pokemon: 5
    Restrictions: I do not want any Magicarp, Caterpie, Metapod, Weedle, Kakuna, Unown, Wurmple, Cascoon, Silcoon, Feebas, Krikitot, Burmy, and Combee. Any pokemon, I'll breed for it to be my team. I will breed pokemon to have every one of my Pokemon before Roark.

Current Team
    Spoiler:

@Luare: Get a Lileep, to evolve it you must solo either Norman or Juan. If you solo Norman, this Lileep doesn't have any resrictions. If you solo Juan it must go into the Elite for with only 2 moves (by using the move deleter) and you cannot teach it TMs in the Elite Four, any moves that it learns by Level Up during the Elite Four cannot be used.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
    If it's alright to do one on BW then I'd like to.

Name: Snow Phoenix
    Game: White
    Pokemon: 6
    Restrictions: Must be caught on White before National Dex. I do not want these pokemon or their preforms: Krookodile, Ferrothorn, Emboar, Vanilluxe, Sigilyph, and Scolipede.

That was my main game team. I want to use this challenge as a way to explore new terrain, so go crazy with the team.

thenickel09

Lurker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    If it's alright to do one on BW then I'd like to.

Name: Snow Phoenix
    Pokemon: 6
    Restrictions: Must be caught on White before National Dex. I do not want these pokemon or their preforms: Krookodile, Ferrothorn, Emboar, Vanilluxe, Sigilyph, and Scolipede.

That was my main game team. I want to use this challenge as a way to explore new terrain, so go crazy with the team.

Alright, I'll say: Stoutland, Darmanitan, Carracosta, Reuniclus, Chandelure, and Jellicent :D

(if you prefer a starter, replace Jellicent w/ Samurott) :p

bilzandpap

Who DOESN'T love Conkeldurr???
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2019
    Alright, I'll say: Stoutland, Darmanitan, Carracosta, Reuniclus, Chandelure, and Jellicent :D

(if you prefer a starter, replace Jellicent w/ Samurott) :p

I think you're only allowed to give 1 Pokemon.......

but, if you use Samurott: Oshawott can only evolve at level 30, then Dewott only at level 50.

and if you use Jellicent: Frillish can only evolve at level 50.

Also, Carracosta must know Surf, Waterfall, Strength AND Dive, teaching it each move as you receive the HM for that move (I'm pretty sure that means that it won't have to learn Dive until after the Pokemon League but don't know)

as for me..... I'll do

Name: BilzPap
    Pokemon: 5 (so I have space for one HM slave)
    Restrictions: As long as it's possible, then give me that restriction (don't tell me to teach a Snorlax the move Fly, and I'm cool)

EDIT:

I've been looking at the people who need Pokemon. Grassmen, you can take a Stunky that you can only use outside (or in caves).

Mimey, on Yellow you can take a Dratini who must evolve into Dragonair after a Gym or Elite 4 battle (if it starts evolving after a Wild PKMN battle, trainer, etc, you must press B), and must evolve into Dragonite at level 57. If it is level 57 but did not evolve, it can never evolve.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'd like to do this on Pokémon White please!

Name: Suicune™
    Pokemon: 3 or 4
    Restrictions: All Unova Pokémon please.
    Prefrebally not; Reuniclus, Liepard, Emboar, Samurott, Chandelure, Vanilluxe, Unfezant, Swoobat or Swanna. ~ Already using in my Black & White games.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
    I think you're only allowed to give 1 Pokemon.......

but, if you use Samurott: Oshawott can only evolve at level 30, then Dewott only at level 50.

and if you use Jellicent: Frillish can only evolve at level 50.

Also, Carracosta must know Surf, Waterfall, Strength AND Dive, teaching it each move as you receive the HM for that move (I'm pretty sure that means that it won't have to learn Dive until after the Pokemon League but don't know)

as for me..... I'll do

Name: BilzPap
    Pokemon: 5
    Restrictions: As long as it's possible, then give me that restriction (don't tell me to teach a Snorlax the move Fly, and I'm cool)

EDIT:

I've been looking at the people who need Pokemon. Grassmen, you can take a Stunky that you can only use outside (or in caves).

Mimey, on Yellow you can take a Dratini who must evolve into Dragonair after a Gym or Elite 4 battle (if it starts evolving after a Wild PKMN battle, trainer, etc, you must press B), and must evolve into Dragonite at level 57. If it is level 57 but did not evolve, it can never evolve.

Yeah, I think so too. And I kind of like getting different pokemon from more than one person... seems more special that way.

Since thenickel didn't post any restrictions I'll take Carracosta and Jellicent with their restrictions and count them as "one from both of you."

So I have so far: Carracosta: must know Surf, Waterfall, Strength, and Dive upon recieving HM. Jellicent: Can only evolve at Lv 50.

Four more to go.

And as for you bilzandpap: Audino: Must know Heal Pulse and must switch in and use it immediately after one of your pokemon faint in a trainer, Elite 4, or Gym Battle. It is also only allowed one attack move at a time.

Edit: Didn't see you Suicune until after I posted. You can have Crustle: The only attack moves that it can know must take two turns (i.e. Dig, Solarbeam, Hyper Beam) and it must evolve at twice the level that you caught it at and have max friendship.

Last edited:

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
    Name: Clair
    Game: FireRed
    Number of Pokemon: 6
    Restrictions: Pokemon caught/obtained before the Nationaldex.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2013
    @Clairissa
    Take a Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite which must be caught as soon as you get the Pokeflute, Must Always know Dragon Rage

Back