• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The One You Love To Hate

.Fenris

Just a bystander, don't shoot!
Years
  • Much like the 'Most Hated VG Character' thread on Serebii, what video game character inspires your hate? It can be anything from incompetent AI, a teeth-grindingly hard boss battle, or the character just being a rude, arrogant piece o' garbage.

My pick? Roy Earle from LA Noire. I half-expected him to grow a permanent trollface and say: "You mad, Cole?"

Darkfox1525

God in the arts of Darkness
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    Kefka from Final Fantasy 6.

He kills anyone, whether you be man, woman, or child.
    He ruined the world and drove millions to commit suicide.
    He killed his Emperor for power.
    He killed his fellow general because he didn't like him.
    He poisoned an ENTIRE kingdom, even when he was told not too.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • My choice will show just how little I game (as evidenced by my awkward use of 'game' as a verb :P) but the character I can't stand is Azazel from Tekken 6. He is just astonishingly hard to kill, and has resulted in many a rage-quit from me.

The One You Love To Hate

There's the big ugly thing. Oh how I hate you...

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Freaking Riku in Kingdom Hearts. >:O He's a fandom favourite but I can't stand the kid. He made dumb choices and dumb decisions to make up for those dumb choices and he needs to pull his goddamn pants up in KH2. /rant lmao

After that is probably... idk, Asch from Tales of the Abyss or Joshua from TWEWY? And even then the latter I don't really hate, I just dislike him and the fandom obsession with him.

I'm pretty mellow. I rarely hate VG characters. And often enough, characters that I hate originally become favourites (Colette [Tales of Symphonia], Marluxia [Kingdom Hearts], Anise [Tales of the Abyss], etc.)

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • I'm rarely like that about video game characters, though I used to love to hate Kairi from Kingdom Hearts (I honestly felt she was a plot point more than anything, lol), but then I realised I basically see her as so insignificant that there's no point in hating on her!

Also, Roy, Eliwood, and Lyn from Fire Emblem: Fuuin no Tsurugi (Roy) and Fire Emblem (Eliwood and Lyn). Because they're lords, and useless, unlike, say, Ephraim from The Sacred Stones, or Hector the boss from FE7. Lyn is clueless in general ('Huh?' 'What?' are practically all she says... she practically exists as the prop for expository dialogue!) and can hardly hold her own in combat without excessive babying, the same going for Roy and Eliwood. Late promotions stunt any potential they have at all as promoted units as well.

Back