• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ones That Got Away Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    ^Actually let me revise my request...

Name: Skitty
    Game: Leaf Green
    List of Pokemon that got away:
    Any thing except for... Skitty - I have never played Platinum so...
    Number required:
    Any specific requirements:
    Complete the main game :D.

I see that you've changed from Platinum to Leaf Green so I'll allocate you a new bunch of 8 Pokemon.

Give it a go on LG with...

Charizard, Jolteon, Victreebel, Starmie, Clefable, Primeape, Poliwrath and Aerodactyl.

Bear in mind that according to the rules in the original post, to complete the challenge you have to beat the Elite four at their highest level. That means you have to beat the Elite Four a second time in Leaf Green, by rematching them after the Sevii Islands.

Thanks Kimbo for giving people teams, you're a star. I've not been able to get online so much in the past couple of weeks so it's a big help.

Added Skitty1 and Chartreusk to the Challengers list.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 25, 2012
    Oh yeah, I forgot to thank you Kimbo, for giving me a team!! Thank you! I'm having a lot of fun with the one I have.

So I've just been progressing through the game... Grinding takes forever when you have six Pokemon, and they're all pre-evos. I traded a water stone from my Platinum and evolved my Staryu. I battled Morty, and I have a screenshot of my Smeargle kicking his butt! Using his own pokemon's moves against him... cruel, but it worked.
    Spoiler:

And after that very same battle, my Natu evolved!
    Spoiler:

I also defeated the Gym leader at Cianwood, nothing special happened. After grinding at the route below Lake of Rage, though, my Phanpy evolved. So... I'm about to take on the Rockets.

Years
  • I am the champion! I have completed my sapphire challenge, and had a blast doing it. My second and final update will come later, since I'm not up to typing it out right now. However....

I would like to start a new challenge! Heading back in Sinnoh, this is sure to be a challenge i won't soon forget. Will I win? Will I beat team galactic? Will this be the start of an ultamite challenge? Who knows! As for now...

Name:GDB

Game: Diamond

List of Pokemon that got away: Staraptor Crobat Steelix Machamp Mothim Vespiquen Pachirisu Floatzel Gastrodon Ambipom Lopunny Mismagius Honchcrow Skuntank Bronzong Rapidash Sudowoodo Mr. Mime Quagsire Girafarig Miltank Tauros Hippowdon Toxicroak Drapion Tentacruel Carnivine Abomasnow Lickilicky Jolteon Flareon Espeon Glaceon Leafeon Magnezone Yanmega Mamoswine Chimecho Octillery

Number: 5

Special requirements: None

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 25, 2012
    I am the champion! I have completed my sapphire challenge, and had a blast doing it. My second and final update will come later, since I'm not up to typing it out right now. However....

I would like to start a new challenge! Heading back in Sinnoh, this is sure to be a challenge i won't soon forget. Will I win? Will I beat team galactic? Will this be the start of an ultamite challenge? Who knows! As for now...

Name:GDB

Game: Diamond

List of Pokemon that got away: Staraptor Crobat Steelix Machamp Mothim Vespiquen Pachirisu Floatzel Gastrodon Ambipom Lopunny Mismagius Honchcrow Skuntank Bronzong Rapidash Sudowoodo Mr. Mime Quagsire Girafarig Miltank Tauros Hippowdon Toxicroak Drapion Tentacruel Carnivine Abomasnow Lickilicky Jolteon Flareon Espeon Glaceon Leafeon Magnezone Yanmega Mamoswine Chimecho Octillery

Special requirements: None

Hey, good job on completing your challenge!

For your new one, you can take:
    Honchcrow
    Magnezone
    Skuntank
    Sudowoodo
    Octillery

Years
  • Firstly Sammu and Chartre you are both welcome, I like to help where I feel I can :)
    Now OVERDUE UPDATE
    Daddy Issues
    -Trained in the desert a little.
    -Went throught the tunnel to Rustboro, then back to Petalburg.
    -Took on the Petalburg Gym.
    -Deffeated Daddy using Dong's Confusion on Spinda, Cannon's Octazooka on Vigoroth and Spinner's Revenge on Linoone and Slaking. Got the Facade TM and got the Badge.

TEAM REPORT
    All Opinions will be left till end game
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 25, 2012
    So... this happened.
    Spoiler:

In case you can't tell what happened, I ran into a shiny Gyarados... other than the scripted one in the game. Haha... So I'm in a really sour mood. Also, my pokemon are very under-levelled and I need to grind, but I don't feel like it now. So... I'd like to take a break from this game and start a different game while I rest. Can I please get a team assigned to me?

Name: Leigh
    Game:
    Crystal
    List of Pokemon that got away: Murkrow, Sunflora, Primeape, Parasect, Wigglytuff, Quilfish, Octillery, Kangaskhan, Lickitung, Jynx, Magmar, Corsola, Sneasel, Umbreon, Magneton, Farfetch'd, Lanturn, Slowking, Magcargo, Snorlax
    Number required: 6
    Any specific requirements
    : Again, would like a flyer and a surfer. Thanks!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    So... this happened.
    Spoiler:

In case you can't tell what happened, I ran into a shiny Gyarados... other than the scripted one in the game. Haha... So I'm in a really sour mood. Also, my pokemon are very under-levelled and I need to grind, but I don't feel like it now. So... I'd like to take a break from this game and start a different game while I rest. Can I please get a team assigned to me?

Name: Leigh
    Game:
    Crystal
    List of Pokemon that got away: Murkrow, Sunflora, Primeape, Parasect, Wigglytuff, Quilfish, Octillery, Kangaskhan, Lickitung, Jynx, Magmar, Corsola, Sneasel, Umbreon, Magneton, Farfetch'd, Lanturn, Slowking, Magcargo, Snorlax
    Number required: 6
    Any specific requirements
    : Again, would like a flyer and a surfer. Thanks!

Give it a go with... Umbreon, Slowking, Primeape, Lanturn, Sneasel and Farfetch'd.

@GolurkIsDaBomb - well done on finishing your Sapphire challenge! If it's ok, I'll wait till you post your final update on that challenge before I add you to the Champions list, because I can't remember your team :D

Keep 'em coming people!

Years
  • Final Update #2

So i believe, that my last update ended with my capture of bumi the baltoy. Brief list of team so far: Effie the skarmory, Bumi the baltoy, Athena the Torkoal, Fluffy the mightyena, and Meriwether the volbeat

So after my capture of the living dreidel, I returned to teach my father a lesson in battling, after leveling bumi up in the fiery path. I destroyed his gym trainers in a flourish and then went to conquer the balance badge. He wasn't much of a challenge either. Effie and Athena were the main team players here, with help from Meriwether and Fluffy. Got some stuff from wally's dad, and then went to mauville, surfed across the water grabbed a good rod and went to catch a wailmer.
    She arrived at level 25 (about 3 levels lower than my other members) and was caught and then named Dolores. After that, I proceded to turn a generator off, and surf down around the dewford area and the slateport sea. I defeated an abandoned ship full of trainers along the way. After that, i continued up the middle of hoenn, said hello to the champion and stopped some evil aqua grunts from taking the poor castforms. I then ran into my rival (oh no!) and destroyed her with some rollouts from Dolores. After that i continued on up, and was about to challenge the gym when... I was stopped by something unseeable (gasp!) After freaking out and pondering the laws of matter, I went to the next route where steven gave me the devon scope and helped me see the unseeable. So, after using my new found power to scare away the kecleon guarding winona's gym, I took her on. Mwahahahah! The trainers were cake, and with Dolores' ice beam/ roll out, she was instantly destroyed (her altaria was surprisingly bulky...). Then I traveled down the other side of that river in the middle of hoenn... and was almost destroyed by that freakin milotic that that one trainer has. My god! That thing is almost unstoppable in the rain! We then kept on going, and stumbled upon some team aqua grunts setting out for mt pyre. Not one to let evil get away, I tailed them and in the process gained the blue orb after archie stole the red one.
    I circled around and headed to lilycove, where May (who claims to have almost filled her pokedex when she can't even evolve her starter....) battled me. once again, she was easy and was quickly destroyed by Fluffy. After that, I snuck into team aqua's hideout and destroyed every one of them. WHAT? BUMI IS EVOLVING! (dun dun dun) I grabbed a masterball and headed out. I traveled on to mossdeep city and tore up a gym of psychics. I took down the twin leaders with a fierce combination of Meriwether and either Fluffy or Dolores. We then traveled to Sootopolis, but the gym was blocked! Apparently they make 10 year olds defeat evil teams. Sigh.... So, we dove down to the bottom of the sea on a wailmer i had caught named Dale, and took down those aquas including Their maniacal boss Archie. he took a couple tries to defeat since I was severely underleveled and his stupid crobat made me confused, resulting in me hurting myself EVERY SINGLE TIME. Finally, he was done with and then i tackled kyogre. I decided to just masterball it, leaving it to collect dust in my P.C. After that we attacked the Sootopolis gym. While the trainers were easy to defeat, Wallace was not. I decided to grind a bit til everyone was 42-43. WHAT? DOLORES IS EVOLVING! (dundundundundundun)
    After that I went after wallace. I was PLANNING to take him down with my fully amnesiad torkoal, even with the type weakness, but SOMEONE (I'm lookin at you sealeo) had to get a crit! sigh... so, Bumi, surprisingly finished the job with some help from meriwether. After that was all said and done, I headed to evergrande city! and took on victory road! Oh my goooosssssshhhhh. I was so underleveled, repels stopped working. The trainers weren't to bad, and Wally the poor little sick kid was easily taken care of with a few shadow balls and signal beams from Fluffly and Meriwether respectively. After that, however, I realized I need to train. So i did, in victory road on wild pokes. WHICH WAS A NIGHTMARE FOR THE ONES WITHOUT TYPE ADVANTAGES AND THE ONES THAT WERE TOO SLOW. Eventually everyone but Fluffly and Meriwether were lvl 50, so I trained thoes two off the trainers from evergrande to slateport (along the route that pacifidlog town is on)
    Then, i took on the elite four. Sydney was eaaaaaaaaaaaassily destroyed by Meriwether. My god it was too easy. Pheobe tryed to fix that, but unfortunately all her ghost types were shadow balled to death by Fluffy before they could curse me. After that was Glacia. I tried the same strategy as with wallace (solo-ing with Athena) which would have worked but she got a crit too! GRRRRR... so I took them down with a Cosmic Powered Bumi Her freaking Walrein was a huge pain however, because of blizzard. Fortunately Effie was able to finish up where Bumi left off and destroy her. Last was Drake, which i pretty much just soloed with Dolores' icebeam. Salamence went down with one hit. Last was Steven, and I forgot to save before battling him, so it was make it or break it. He dstarted with Skarmory who i roasted with a flamethrower. I must have made him mad since he brought out the bug guns next, his metagross. Fortunately I was able to take him out with some earthquakes from Bumi (who fainted as a result :() And finished it off with a flamethrower. From there on it was pretty easy. And then I was the champion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On an interesting note, I caught a shiny in my spphire like you caught your gyarados Chartreusk (congrats btw) it was a shiny machop in the fiery path, about 30 min (game time) after becoming champ, I guess it was a Congratulations gift!

FINAL TEAM EVALUATIONS ETC
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

So for my Diamond challenge, I will update soon. I plan on doing shorter, more in-depth updates since with these two longer ones, I forgot/skimped on details. I also feel like these are kinda too long to read, so each Diamond update will be around every two badges or so, and my first one will come soon. Good Luck everybody!

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    You're on the Champions list now, GolurkIsDaBomb. Glad you enjoyed your team, and looking forward to your updates.

Years
  • Update #1 of Diamond Challenge.
    Started up the game, named self GDB Impatient friend made me drag my butt to the lake, good thing too! Otherwise I never would have met and picked..... Pippy the piplup (I picked piplup for old times sake, first starter ever!) Got yelled at by an old dude, yadayada, was taught to catch pokemon etc. Caught a shinx, 2 starlys and 2 bidoofs. Then, I traded them for 5 eggs from HG. Hatched: Horace the stunky, James the bonsly, R2D2 the magnemite, Bathilda the murkrow and Ursala the remoraid (yes that IS spelled incorrectly. I mistake I would have to live with for most of this update. Then, I began to train solely off level 2/3 starlys and bidoof. My God. It was horrible, especially with James whose only "attacking" move was copycat, making it a nightmare to fight starlys that loved to growl and prolong the inevitable. Finally when everyone was level 5, I moved on with the game.
    Went to Jubilife, delivered that parcel thing after squashing the trainers along the way, fought my rival (destroyed him with a couple copycats on the starly and some scratches/screeches/a toxic from Horace. Killed all the trainers along the way to Oreburgh. What's this? the first gym leader isn't at his gym? sigh... So, we went to the mines, got roark and faced him. Easy peasy lemon squeezy! Quite different from my last challenge, the rock-type gym leader was easy. A water gun courtesy of Ursala, a low kick OHKO of the Onix from james and an almost metal sound/thundershock (since rock doesn't resist electric) from R2D2, who unfortunately didn't have strong enough defences. James finished the job though with another low kick, killing the cranidos and winning me the badge. At this point, everyone was level 10-ish.
    Then I helped Dawn KO some nefarious Galactic grunts and traveled to the next city, which had more Galactics! Horace took down the grunts in the field and the one at the door before I headed inside. Mars was easy, her zubat falling to an aurora beam from Ursala. Her Purugly surprisingly wasn't damaged too much by low kicks from James, but Horace was able to finish the job with a toxic, a screech, and some scratching. After that I traveled to the forest, and met a lovely lady named Cheryl. We decided to journey together through the forest, and by the time we were near the exit, everyone was around level 15. I decided to train each poke up to 20, and then I left.
    Soon, i came to the Eterna city. First, I changed Ursala's nickname to Ursula. FINALLLYYLYYLYLLYLYLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have no clue how annoying it is to deal with a pokemon, that whenever it is sent out just reminds you of failure and salad (urSALA). Then, I challenged the gym, leading with ursula's aurora beam on the cherubi (2HKO) with no problems. Then came the turtwig which I sonicboomed to death with R2D2. After that I pecked the roserade to death. In the process I was paralyzed, but luckily Bathilda was able to pull through. After gaining the forest badge, I went to the Galctic Building, and took down Saturn with a rockthrow on the zubat from James, and tortured the poor skuntank with a thunderwave, a metal sound and then the thundershocks of death.
    After that I blasted through the trainers on the bikepath, head through the mountain, and came to Hearthome. Did the contest hall stuff just so I could leave, but Barry came! and he wanted to battle! So, I basically thundershocked his starly and buizel, bubblebeamed his ponyta, and wingattacked his grotle. I then continued onto the next route, battled the trainers, battled the trainers in lost tower, battled some more trainers until finally.... dun, dun, dun, dun URSULA IS EVOLVING! Then I decided to let james join in the fun.... dun, dun, dun, dun JAMES IS EVOLVING! After that, i decided to test my luck (ha thats a pretty good pun, and you shall soon see why) and steal from some chanseys with theif. I. GOT. A. LUCKY EGG. ON. LIKE. THE. 20th. TRY. WOW! Then, I saved in front of the moomoo milk restaurant. XD

TEAM THOUGHTS AND STUFFS
    Spoiler:

My next update should come soon, since I'm close to the third gym. Good luck to all!

Years
  • Where The Wind Takes Us + Ghostly Deeds+Creepy Twins
    -Got Surf.
    -Went and did some surfy stuff.
    -Did New Mauville, I welcome free TBolt TM's.
    -Advanced onwards toward Fortree City. (Greatest City EVER).
    -Did the Weather Institute.
    -Defeated May using Cloud 9's Peck on Lombre, Spinner's Revenge on Slugma and Cannon's Bullet Seed on Marshtomp.
    -Arrived in Fortree.
    -Went to get that Kecleon Seer Device from Steven.
    -Took on Fortree Gym.
    -Defeated Winona using Horny's Rock Blast on Altaria, Cloud 9's Fly on Tropius, Dong's Shock Wave on Swablu,Cannon's Psybeam on Pelipper and Cannon's Surf on Skarmory. Got the Feather Badge and Aerial Ace TM.
    -Continued on my way to Lillycove City.
    -Healed, then took on Mt Pyre.
    -Did the little route between Mt Pyre and close to Mauville.
    -Took on the Magma Base.
    -Defeated May outside Lilycove Dpt Store using Dong's Confusion on Tropius, Cloud 9's Fly on Ludicolo and Slugma and Spinner's Revenge
    -Took on the Aqua Base.
    -Cloud 9 evolved into Altaria.
    -Made my way to Mossdeep.
    -Took on Mossdeep Gym.
    -Defeated Tate and Liza using Blitz'd Shadow Ball and Dong's Yawn, and some decent tatics to destroy their team. Got the Mind Badge and Calm Mind TM.

TEAM REPORT
    All Opinions will be left till end game
    Spoiler:

Years
  • I think I will try this out on my black Version, here is the list.

NAME: Suzaku
    GAME: Black

List of pokemon
    Spoiler:
    Number Required: 5
    Any specific requirements: None

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • lol it's been a while.

RSE_PokemonRangerM.png

Player: Mark
    Game: Emerald
    Badges: 4

Spr_3e_264.gif

Cameron / Linoone (m) lv. 35
    Headbutt, Secret Power, Sand-Attack, Dig

Spr_3e_324.gif

Alphabet / Torkoal (f) lv. 34 @ Quick Claw
    Flamethrower, Body Slam, Protect, Smokescreen

Spr_3e_325.gif

Telepork / Spoink (m) lv. 31 @ Rawst Berry
    Psywave, Psybeam, Shock Wave, Confuse Ray

edit:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

pokedude123456

The Manectric Master
    Years
  • I'll sign up for the Ultimate Challenge of Leafgreen, Silver, Ruby, Pearl, and White

I remember my first Diamond game where I wanted to use Kricketune but he died so much, and I used my Crobat until Sunnyshore where I went to the Shaymin event, and I chose my Straptor over it. I look forward to using Crobat and Kricketune in te Pearl one, but I'll start with Leafgreen.

Years
  • Name:мσятε gғx™.
    Game:Pokemon Emerald
    List of Pokemon that got away:
    Spoiler:

Number required:6
    Any specific requirements:one that can learn surf, one that can learn fly, rest can be any. Also i will evolve all pokemon with evolutions til there final evolution.

Years
  • MorteGfx, here are your pokes

Zubat Shroomish Sableye Corphish Zangoose Absol

As for me, My next diamond update will be soon and it's a long one. Also, I'd like to start another challenge, this time on firered

Name: Golurk
    Game: Firered
    Ones That got away:
    Spoiler:

Sorry for the long list, I don't play firered too often :D

Last edited:
    Years
  • MorteGfx, here are your pokes

Zubat Shroomish Sableye Corphish Zangoose Absol

As for me, My next diamond update will be soon and it's a long one. Also, I'd like to start another challenge, this time on firered

Name: Golurk
    Game: Firered
    Ones That got away:
    Spoiler:

Sorry for the long list, I don't play firered too often :D
    You can have Primeape, Pidgeot, Tentacruel, Kabutops, and exeggutor.

i will start later today :)

Years
  • @MorteGfx
    Thanks for the awesome pokes! Only problem is I can only get two of them before the fifth badge. Could you reselect one of exeggcute, tentacool and kabuto and then give me a new one from my list? Thanks and good luck!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back