• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Ones that got away v3

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Hopefully I can still join in on this!

Username: StanTheSnoms
    Game: Blaze Black
    Pokemon that got away:
    Spoiler:

Parameters: I'd like a full team of 6 with varying types. I'm fine with some overlap but not too much

But of course, sorry for the delay.

How about Raichu, Kingdra, Torterra, Vespiquen, Scrafty and Porygon-Z?

I'm pretty sure you can get Turtwig in the early routes but I'm not sure.

Years
  • But of course, sorry for the delay.

How about Raichu, Kingdra, Torterra, Vespiquen, Scrafty and Porygon-Z?

I'm pretty sure you can get Turtwig in the early routes but I'm not sure.

Oooo, that team is perfect! Thank you! I don't know about Turtwig in the early routes but I planned on hacking my team in!

Years
  • Username: Simply Dunsparce
    Game: HeartGold
    Pokemon that got away:
    Spoiler:

Parameters: Full team of six with varying types, although I am okay with sight overlap. At least one pokemon available before Bugsy. While I can't trade evolve, I am okay with using the stage before the trade evolution.

Years
  • Username: Simply Dunsparce
    Game: HeartGold
    Pokemon that got away:
    Spoiler:

Parameters: Full team of six with varying types, although I am okay with sight overlap. At least one pokemon available before Bugsy. While I can't trade evolve, I am okay with using the stage before the trade evolution.
    Okay, let's see. Your nickname includes Dunsparce, so you can use it. And also Qwilfish, Heracross, Dewgong, Donphan and Magcargo.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • The Ones that got away v3

ace trainer allison | platinum | badges: 4

The Ones that got away v3

sis lv. 34 @ odd incense
    anticipation / hardy
    psybeam / razor leaf / bug bite / hidden power (fire)

dippitydoo lv. 33
    pickup / bashful
    discharge / sweet kiss / super fang / swift

schlakalak lv. 34 @ fist plate
    storm drain / relaxed
    mud bomb / water pulse / hidden power (fighting) / body slam

TASTEY lv. 28 @ exp share
    oblivious / lax
    disable / defense curl / shock wave / stomp

man what it is with me taking forever to find party members...lickitung took so long lol. i found it and grinded up a little, but ultimately just stuck it with the exp share for now bc i got impatient and my other party members are a little overlevel so i was like meh. i beat maylene pretty easily bc of pachirisu's super fang + discharge combo. sweet kiss is handy, too. and wormadam has psybeam and hp fire for lucario, gastrodon is tanky. she didn't stand a chance tbh. soon i am going to have to evolve lickitung into one of my least favorite pokemon but you know i did put it on the list so i did this to myself. croagunk is next up to catch as well, so let's all hold hands and pray for a swift encounter lol. also bonus points to anyone that gets the reference for lickitung's name. bonus points that don't actually amount to anything but we can pretend okay x

Years
  • The Ones That Got Away HeartGold
    Update 1​

After starting the game and making it to Violet city, I got the Slugma egg from Primo. I went to Dark Cave to hopefully find Dunsparce while waiting for the egg to hatch, but after half an hour of looking I decided to come back after I could use rock smash to find one. Slugma hatched, but she was somewhat difficult to use until she learned Ember at level 8. After that I breezed through Sprout tower and didn't have any problems against Falkner.

After I got the Zephr badge I went back to Dark Cave and found a Dunsparce. He was also a bit difficult to use given that he only had Rage as an attacking move, but his bulk that he was gaining from leveling up was really helpful. The battle against Bugsy went pretty well, with Dunsparce defeating Metapod and almost taking out Scyther before getting knocked out with a crit U-turn. Slugma finished up Kakuna and Scyther and I had earned my second badge.

Team
    Maggie (f) - Slugma
    Lv. 17
    Flame Body
    Yawn/Smog/Ember/Rock Throw

Clyde (m) - Dunsparce
    Lv. 14
    Serene Grace
    Rage/Defense Curl/Yawn/Glare​

Badges: 2/8

Lordecoxinha

English might falter
    Years
  • Yo it's me again!

Username: Lordecoxinha
    Game: BlazeBlack2
    Pokémon that got away:
    Spoiler:

Parameters: A full team of 6, if possible of different types. I don't mind if there are two of the same type, but would like some coverage. Also, if you pick Rotom, feel free to specify a form. Or not, your call :P

Also, in case you're not familiar with BlazeBlack2, here's where these mons are first obtainable (don't feel forced to pick based on this, I can always change the starter):
    Spoiler:

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Yo it's me again!

Username: Lordecoxinha
    Game: BlazeBlack2
    Pokémon that got away:
    Spoiler:

Parameters: A full team of 6, if possible of different types. I don't mind if there are two of the same type, but would like some coverage. Also, if you pick Rotom, feel free to specify a form. Or not, your call :P

Uhh, have:

Clefable, Sableye, Gigailith, Alakazam, Maractus and Blaziken

Is that OK for you?

Lordecoxinha

English might falter
    Years
  • Uhh, have:

Clefable, Sableye, Gigailith, Alakazam, Maractus and Blaziken

Is that OK for you?

This is awkward lmao

So, I found out BlazeBlack2 doesn't seem to work when I change the starter, and the earliest I'd be able to get any of the Pokémon is after 2 badges (Abra on Castelia and Maractus on Desert Resort).

Should I just go for it anyway or would it be better to change the team a little?

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    This is awkward lmao

So, I found out BlazeBlack2 doesn't seem to work when I change the starter, and the earliest I'd be able to get any of the Pokémon is after 2 badges (Abra on Castelia and Maractus on Desert Resort).

Should I just go for it anyway or would it be better to change the team a little?

That's weird, I remember using the UPN once or twice and it worked, I think.

Still, I'm pretty sure the only Pokémon in that list available early on is Golduck (Floccesy Ranch)?

So, swap Alakazam for Golduck, I guess.

Lordecoxinha

English might falter
    Years
  • That's weird, I remember using the UPN once or twice and it worked, I think.

Still, I'm pretty sure the only Pokémon in that list available early on is Golduck (Floccesy Ranch)?

So, swap Alakazam for Golduck, I guess.

Yeah, I was pretty sure it worked too, but for some reason when I open the randomizer it says all three starters are Wigglytuff and once I change it the new game is just completely white with no sound.

Will do that, thanks! In retrospect, I should've probably picked the game before the Pokémon to make more options viable for the early game...Not that I really mind tho, I'm looking forward to eventually use every mon in this list anyway.

Lordecoxinha

English might falter
    Years
  • Update 1:
    Spoiler:

Badges:
    Spoiler:

Team:

Goldustate♀
    Lv. 16
    Careful
    Swift Swim
    - Water Gun
    - Hypnosis
    - Confusion
    - Disable​

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    This sounds really cool! I'm in :D

Username: Lego Wolfer
    Game: Emerald
    The Ones That Got Away:
    Spoiler:

Parameters: A team of 6, and preferably I can get Pokemon from near the start of the game, as I don't have tools to hack Pokemon in or anything. (I can choose a starter, then put it in the box if you don't want to choose one of the starters as part of the team.)

Last edited:

Lordecoxinha

English might falter
    Years
  • This sounds really cool! I'm in :D

Username: Lego Wolfer
    Game: Emerald
    The Ones That Got Away:
    Spoiler:

Parameters: A team of 6, and preferably I can get Pokemon from near the start of the game, as I don't have tools to hack Pokemon in or anything. (I can choose a starter, then put it in the box if you don't want to choose one of the starters as part of the team.)

Is this okay?

Lordecoxinha

English might falter
    Years
  • Update 2:
    Spoiler:

Badges:
    Spoiler:

Team:

Goldustate♀
    Lv. 29
    Careful
    Swift Swim
    - Water Pulse
    - Hypnosis
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Disable​

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    Responding to Lordecoxinha because I can't post links yet:

Indeed it is, thank you! :D Should I be keeping it all updated? Or is that optional?

Lordecoxinha

English might falter
    Years
  • Responding to Lordecoxinha because I can't post links yet:

Indeed it is, thank you! :D Should I be keeping it all updated? Or is that optional?

Don't mention it, hope you have fun!

Although some challenges do require updating, I believe this one doesn't. I only really posted when I beat it the first time around, but I noticed that writing your progress down and updating helps you remember things about both your team and the game itself.

Lordecoxinha

English might falter
    Years
  • Update 3 (boi is this one huge):
    Spoiler:

Badges:
    Spoiler:

Team:

Kiara♀
    Lv. 34
    Careful