• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The ones that got away...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Love Slowbro but once again no luck! How do you guys go about finding this stuff recently?

Spoiler:

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Love Slowbro but once again no luck! How do you guys go about finding this stuff recently?

Spoiler:

I saw a Slowbro lurking nearby as I was leaving work today, and even after taking the 'scenic' route to my bus stop, it still wouldn't show :(

After waiting all this time to see an Abra, one finally showed up this evening. Only for it to break out of the Great Ball (after i'd thrown a Razz Berry, no less), and run away. 'Devastated' isn't the word.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    I spent 10 mins earlier trying to track an aerodactyl, finally saw it but as I went to click on it, it despawned. Really can't wait until they release the new tracking system to everyone as i was so close to finding it in time

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Another day where I came close to finding an Abra, another day where it got away. Starting to think i'm just not allowed to own one :(

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    I want to die.

Only need Aerodactyl to complete North American Dex.

Saw Aerodactyl silhouette.

Saw Aerodactyl pop up on screen.

Tried to click Aerodactyl.

Aerodactyl disappeared.

This is the second time this happened.

Why you do this Aerodactyl. Why you troll me so hard.

Bonus: hatched FIVE 10km eggs today.

Onix. Eevee. Jynx. Eevee. Hitmonchan.

Fourth Onix from an egg. Second and third Eevee from eggs. Third Jynx from an egg. Third Hitmonchan from an egg.

I want to die.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I want to die.

Only need Aerodactyl to complete North American Dex.

Saw Aerodactyl silhouette.

Saw Aerodactyl pop up on screen.

Tried to click Aerodactyl.

Aerodactyl disappeared.

This is the second time this happened.

Why you do this Aerodactyl. Why you troll me so hard.

Bonus: hatched FIVE 10km eggs today.

Onix. Eevee. Jynx. Eevee. Hitmonchan.

Fourth Onix from an egg. Second and third Eevee from eggs. Third Jynx from an egg. Third Hitmonchan from an egg.

I want to die.
    Ahahahah I love hearing things like this from you, it's funny seeing you struggle after all this time you've been leaving us in the dirt ;) Kidding aside I do feel very bad for you, that must've been increeeedibly frustrating to happen twice in a row. Were you trying to screenshot this one too or just really bad luck?

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    Ahahahah I love hearing things like this from you, it's funny seeing you struggle after all this time you've been leaving us in the dirt ;) Kidding aside I do feel very bad for you, that must've been increeeedibly frustrating to happen twice in a row. Were you trying to screenshot this one too or just really bad luck?
    Horrible luck. Came to the area and triggered the silhouette too late and tracked down the Aerodactyl by the time the spawn timer expired.

Hatching the five 10km eggs is far more painful, though.

And I still managed to obtain two more 10km eggs... now incubating...

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
    A Haunter ran away from me. No wonder it's called "Haunter"; that experience haunts me to this day.

Years
    Today a Scyther silhouette showed up on my tracker, I managed to hunt it down but after I tapped it, it disappeared and my game froze. This is one of the only times this has happened to me and it had to happen with a Scyther...

Years
    Found another Snorlax near my house yesterday and it ran away after 3 ultra balls...
    I'm hoping rare pokemon keep spawning near me, though. In the past few days, a Dragonite and Snorlax both spawned while I was in bed, which is weird because I live in a rural area.

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2016
    Saw my first Marowak last night. It ran away after three razz/ultraball combos. So frustrating!

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    Found another Snorlax near my house yesterday and it ran away after 3 ultra balls...
    I'm hoping rare pokemon keep spawning near me, though. In the past few days, a Dragonite and Snorlax both spawned while I was in bed, which is weird because I live in a rural area.

ive noticed that at the start my house and where i work only had pidgeys/ratattas/weedles but over time im noticing that both locations are getting more uncommon and lately some rare pokemon. I know that spawns are partially influenced by the amount of people playing in that area so im wondering that the amount of time me and my wife have the app open at home is having some influence on what pokemon spawn near me. Also at work i know a lot of other people play Go so that might be helping more rare pokemon spawn there too

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2016
    It's bad enough when they break out of my balls and flee. Yesterday I encountered a 900+ CP Scyther. I couldn't capture it at all, and then it fled.

Adore

Party.
    Years
    I haven't been able to catch a Magnemite. They are very rare around here; I have only ever seen two. The first one I lost because the game froze, and the other ran away. :(

It's the last Pokemon I need to make my seen and caught numbers equal, so that's frustrating.

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2016
    I finally had a Snorlax pop up yesterday. After 8 razz/ultra ball combos and a few regular balls, it ran away. I almost cried.

Back