• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Orange Box.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I figured a thread about one of the greatest gaming deals in history deserves its own thread.

The Orange Box is a compilation of five games for the price of your average game. ($49.99-$59.99)

Half Life 2
    -Half Life 2: Episode One
    -Half Life 2: Episode Two​
    Portal
    Team Fortress 2

Portal is a shorter game, but packed with challenging puzzles. Team Fortress 2 is the sequel to Team Fortress, the game's been in production..on and off for...8 years, I think.

So, what does everyone think of The Orange Box? :D

I really like it.

Portal is a strong game, though short. It's really worth playing a couple more times through.

Team Fortress 2 is highly balanced and deep multiplayer.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    I got this for Christmas. Lots of fun. It's nice to see what the whole fuss about Half Life is all about. Also, Portal probably has the best sense of humor I've ever seen in a video game, and TF2 is probably the best multiplayer FPS I've ever played.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I got this for Christmas. Lots of fun. It's nice to see what the whole fuss about Half Life is all about. Also, Portal probably has the best sense of humor I've ever seen in a video game, and TF2 is probably the best multiplayer FPS I've ever played.

Huge Success. :x

Portal's humor is really well done. Even in Half Life 2 there is humor. It may not be as silly as Portal's, but it's there.

I wanted a 360 just to get Orange Box.

I mean, I hear the computer offers cake, but at the end, no cake! What a dissapointment.

But I will get it. $50 for 4 games? That is too amazing to pass up.

Actually $50 for 5 games. But, the computer version would be the better choice. I have it for 360, but the multiplayer on Team Fortress 2 has lag issues and hardly anyone plays online for the 360 due to it.

I recommend the PC one. For sheer fact that the online is well worth it.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    My friend has the Orange Box and I played the Half Life 2 episodes 1 & 2 and its a awseome shooting game!

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Really? I hear a few games for the PC can use X Box 360 controllers. Is this the case for Orange?

I will get it for PC.

I don't think so.

I recommend the mouse/keyboard anyways. Sometimes, when in big firefights, it gets tough to maneuver with the analogs.

Persona

Banned
    Years
    While The Orange Box did have a lot to offer, I felt some of the new games were a bit short, particularly Portal. A game this great deserved far more than four hours play time. That's not to say that those four hours weren't outstanding, but that the experience was over too quickly. XD;

It really didn't get much better than this for me though. Throwing in Portal, a creative puzzle game with a great sense of humor, and Team Fortress 2, one of the few multiplayer games to get the class system done correctly, and I already see a great package here. While Portal and TF2 may not have been good enough to stand on their own, added with the Half-Life series, The Orange Box is truly one of the best games that has ever been released. Valve's done an impressive job, and it certainly hasn't let me down with its presentation, great gameplay variety, and entertaining plots. :D

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    While The Orange Box did have a lot to offer, I felt some of the new games were a bit short, particularly Portal. A game this great deserved far more than four hours play time. That's not to say that those four hours weren't outstanding, but that the experience was over too quickly. XD;

Don't forget to take into account the extended levels of Portal.

You've got:

-Time Trial
    -Step Trial (Take a very little amount of steps)
    -Portal Trial (Little Portals as possible)
    -Advanced Stages

The Advanced Stages are somewhat challenging, but offer the same levels, with more puzzle and less help.

Along with the addition of achievements to Steam, you have tons of extras to add in there.

Years
    Ive clocked Orange Box now on 360, and Portal is actually very related to half life, believe it or not when you finish episode 2 the talk about another company (cant remember) but its the company that made the portal gun which you test in portal, also you goto the company in episode 3 so you may get the portal gun in episode 3. Also peoples its also on PS3

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Just beat Episode 2 today. That was pretty intense. That last strider battle was a nightmare. Great game, though. I loved the part where you get ambushed in that inn.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Episode Two was rather intense and awesome. That strider battle sucked though. I want that achievement! ;o;

Team Fortress 2 and Episode 2 stand out as my favorites of the Orange Box. TF2 is such an amazing game. The class system is outstanding, though a couple of them are rather weak.

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    Ah, the Orange Box.

Beat it all on the PC. It was well worth getting it for the PC. Little to no lag, over eleven thousand people playing on some Saturday nights, and TF2 supports what? Like 32 players per server. Plus you can download custom maps, make your own, and more. All for free once you buy the Orange Box.

Tried the 360 one, laggy a bit and I'm horrible with analog. Tried the PS3 one at a GameStop. It seems EA published it and the games got a bit choppy here and there. So don't expect to find me on the 360 or PS3. My home is on the PC. If any of you wanna go a round in TF2 or something, just add me as AExcalibur or FaytRiver/FaytRivers. Try all three, I forgot which one is my actual current Steam account.

Back