• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen The Original Eeveelutions [November 2016]

Which is your favorite?

• Total voters
Years
  • Welcome to First Generation's Poll of the Month! Borrowed from Third Generation, the First and Second Generation boards will be doing monthly polls as well. And the threads are simple- pick any of the options from the poll above, and feel free to post about your choices. Also, if any of you have a question that you would like to see featured as the PotM, feel free to send me a VM with your idea(s), or leave it with your post in this thread. If your topic gets picked, you may even earn a special reward!

Now with all that said, this month's poll question is:

"Which original Eeveelution is your favorite?"

While Eevee has more evolutions these days than it has letters in its name, there was a time in the 1990's where we only knew of 3- Jolteon, Flareon, and Vaporeon. There was much debate about which was the best, and which evolutionary stone you should use to evolve your precious Eevee. Now the question is being passed on to you. Let us know your favorite, and happy voting!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Vaporeon. I'm not really a fan of the original trio of eeveelutions, especially after being spoiled with (imo) better evolutions from later generations. I did use Vaporeon in one of the very original games and I gotta say it made for a really viable Water-type at the time.

Years
  • I personally have warm memories about all three of these guys :)

For gen 1 gameplay I think Jolteon is the best. The speed he offers is almost scary, the fact that he goes toe to toe with a Mewtwo in this department tells you that Jolteon is one special, porcupine-quilled, blond fox :)
    This not only translates into constant first turns, it also dramatically increases the critical hit ratio when he delivers a blow to an opponent in this generation, and blocks one hit k.o moves like fissure and horn drill because they could not hit pokemon faster than the user.

With thunder waves, double teams and his quick feet this little fellow can play the role of an annoyer or a powerful sweeper and party leader with the launch of a Thunder attack.

Jolteon also has the fewest type weaknesses of the 3, only 1 weakness- ground.

Jolteon held the highest special score of his typing. The combo of Jolteon's speed and special, as well as a reasonably versatile movepool with access to double kick made him really stand out among other electric types in this generation. You can make the case that he is not only the best eeveelution available but best electric type for his time.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Vaporeon is definitely my pick of the original trio. I was a huge fan of its mermaid tail and majestic design that captures the beauty of water and what the Water-type is to me.

Years
  • I think I'm going to have to vote for Jolteon. Out of the three, I really like Vaporeon but Jolteon was pretty good at handling a lot more Pokémon in Generation I with it's Bug type move Pin Missile.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • Always been Flareon for me. I love this fluffy evo, and I always thought it looked the most like Eevee itself out of all if it's evolutions. :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Jolteon has always been my favorite since I first started playing. Jolteon always seems to be the first evolution I get out of Eevee.

guacbowl

the berrics
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2017
    as a kid i was always super into flareon (but i was into all fire pokemon at the time tbh)
    but i would say jolteon right now if i didn't feel a sorta nostalgic connection to flareon

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Strange, I thought I answered this already haha. Flareon is my top pick c: Not in the games but overall, because it's so darn cute. And Fire type, which I like c:

In-game though, I admit I've boxed my Yellow version Pikachu several times and evolved Eevee into Jolteon instead (; It wasn't as fragile.

Years
  • Vaporeon is always my first choice when it come to the trio especially since I mostly use Bulbasaur like starter and vaporeon fit as a great water type! :)

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • I prefer Vaporeon, but I found Jolteon to be a lot more useful in RB. It was difficult finding a decent Electric Pokemon in those games, assuming Pikachu didn't do it for you.

Vaporeon could be replaced by Lapras; Flareon could be replaced by Arcanine. Jolteon made more sense, too, given that it learns Pin Missile and Psychic types were OP.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • Ever since I was a little girl I've always been a Vaporeon fangirl. I loved mermaids and swimming and ugh... just every thing about it stood out to me as a pokemon that represented myself. I had a toy pokeball with a Vaporeon inside I clipped to my backpack.

Although I've retired her from my Pokémon team in gameplay, I have tons of fond memories with the ones that battled the elite 4 with me for 4 generations. And also all the contest ribbons she won.

Vaporeon is my first choice in the original trip, followed by Jolteon, then Flareon.

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
    Years
  • I'm definitely going with Jolteon! Vaporeon's design is my favorite among the three, and Flareon still melts my heart to this day, but Jolteon would always end up in my team despite it. Jolteon simply seemed more useful to me knowing what my team consisted of, and overall I preferred him over the others in battles.

Palmer-Granate

The Champion Jester
    Years
  • For me, Jolteon and Vaporeon are equally frightening, but the question is 'Favourite', so it gotta be Flareon. For some reason, it stands out as fearsome and adorable, not to mention that Fire types are quite rare in general. (May rival number of electric types, but underweighted by Grass and Water types.) I have been a huge fan of Eevee since I was a rookie, 18 years ago, and my attitude and fanship towards the young mammal has not diminished.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Vaporeon was actually my favorite pokemon for a while, until I remembered Mudkip existed.

Years
  • Oh man, this is tough. I love them all.

I am going to go with Jolteon though. I have used him the most, and he's an awesome Electric type to have. I have a lot of memories using one in the past. Plus, his design is pretty awesome!

Back