• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Original Halo Trilogy

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
    This topic has caused major discussion on multiple forums. For game forums or not. Well, why not? Right?
    So, let's talk about the hit video game series, The Original Halo Trilogy.

- Halo: Combat Evolved: The game that was given the title, "Game that created the Xbox Live network".

(Campaign) Halo: Combat Evolved was the original story of Spartan John-117, "The Master Chief". After fleeing the doomed fortress world, Reach. The Pillar of Autumn, which was carrying the last known, Master Chief comes attack by the Covenant Assault Fleet led by Arbiter, who was at the time "A Zealot Commander". As Pillar of Autumn crashes into the mysterious ring world, Halo. You embark on a campaign that travels throughout the entire Halo ring, destroying the covenant force on the ring and stopping another monstrous threat, "The Flood" and 343 Guilty Spark's insane idea of triggering the Halo's power that'll wipe out all life as we know. Master Chief heads for the Pillar of Autumn wreckage site and overloads the core engines to trigger a atomic explosion that destroys the Halo ring, while the Chief escapes in one of the remaining Longsword Fighter. This game is my personal favorite out of all the Halos. Nothing is better than the original game.

(Multiplayer) The multiplayer on Xbox was limited to only four player split-screen or LAN connections. However, on the PC it features (and still does) an online lobbies for 16 player multiplayer matches. This feature was always fun and never caused problems with lag or connection troubles. With multiple game types, like Slayer, CTF, Assault and other modes always made this game fun and enjoyable.

- Halo 2. The next game in the original trilogy of Spartan 117 and a new hero in the making. The only Halo game so far that featured an alternate campaign to that showed a new point of view of the Halo universe. The Covenant side of the war.

(Campaign) I personally think this was the best campaign out of all the Halos. I've always wanted a Elite Campaign and this game was the only one to feature this. As Master Chief and the humans defend Earth and discover Delta-Halo, you also play as the Arbiter and learn the true intentions of the Covenant's leadership and the elites learn about the true effects of the Halo rings' power. From batting Heretics to the Flood and then fighting along side the humans in the end... this game's campaign never disappoints me.

(Multiplayer) The multiplayer for Halo 2 was the official kick off to Xbox Live system/network. With the ability to face off against seven other people around the world, the battles and gameplay was amazing. True veterans of the game series, like myself loved to play the online multiplayer of Halo 2. Like it's predecessor, Halo CE. The muliplayer was great.

- Halo 3. The final game in the original trilogy of Spartan 117, the Arbiter and the survival of the human race. This game might be outdated to Halo standards, but about 5,000 to 10,000 players still play it daily and the forge mode also added a new sense of fun to the mix.

(Campaign) The most action packed Halo Campaign yet. Follow the Chief, Arbiter, the human and the elite races as they team up and finished the Covenant and the insane Prophet Truth who is hell-bend on activate the Halos. Why is this game is action packed to due to the large amount of vehicle and infantry encounters within the game. You battle three Scarabs without the game, so yeah. One of the interesting features in the campaign is that in one part of the game, the Flood will actually assist you for a moment, til they betray you later on. But, still... It's a grand campaign.

(Multiplayer) One of the most impressive multiplayer engines to date that is still active. With the introduction of the "True-Skill" system which ranks you for your gameplay skill, this game got challenging and aggressive online. Regardless, of that fact, the fact was fun, especially with the DLC that you could obtain on Xbox Live. This mode to me always gave me memories to remember.

Now, with a new Halo trilogy on the rise with Halo 4, the memories of the original Halos are destined to be forgotten... but to me, the adventures, the events, the original story of the Master Chief and the Arbiter will never be forgotten.

---
    Eeyup, that's my opinion on the Original Trilogy of the Halo story. Have you played the Halos? Or have read the books?
    Please discussion about it here. Thank you.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2020
    I agree that the original trilogy was the best and in my eyes, probably always will be. The first game was definitely great in my eyes but my favourite Halo game from the trilogy is Halo 3. The only Halo game I'm looking forward to now is the remake of Combat Evolved. I do not understand how they had the idea of making another Halo game with Master Chief. I mean, there's nothing left to do really. Truth is dead, the flood is wiped out, they destroyed the Ark and Guilty Spark, and they killed off, in my eyes, the best character(also the only black one)! Unless it takes place before Combat Evolved, or Master Chief is no longer the main character, the only thing they CAN do is create a new enemy, but that would just kill the games for me. I grew up fighting Elites, the Flood, and Sentinels, it would just feel weird for a Halo game to not include those. It wouldn't feel like a Halo game at all! Besides, you wouldn't call a Halo game Halo if you didn't go on one(with the exception of ODST and Reach, which side-stories), just like you wouldn't call Gears of War that if the main characters weren't called the gears. I would choose me the originals over the new ones anyday.

Years
    I stopped playing after they stopped making the Halo games for PC. Console shooters are a waste of time for me. So I've only played 1 and 2. CE was great, but I still need to get around to finishing Halo 2.

I'd quite like the opportunity to play Halo 3 on PC, provided they don't force mouse acceleration like in the first 2 games :/

MiracleNinetales

Ninja Assassin.
    Years
    I played Halo 2, 3 and Reach, as well as ODST...
    If they brought out any new ones, it would ruin Halo for me. There would be nothing else to fight, as they have already destroyed everything they needed to - The Ark, Truth, etc..
    Halo 3 and Reach were personally my favorites.

SilverStarSong

D e l t a R a y
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2013
    I've beaten Halo 1, played parts of 2. My Halo 3 experience was kept strictly to Multiplayer - which was amazingly fun while it lasted - and I also had fun with ODST's Firefight mode. Reach's multiplayer didn't dissapoint, and the different (and new) gametypes were a nice addition. My biggest problem with "Halo 4" is that they said Reach was the last one, and the company replacing Bungie, 343 Industries, while having SOME Bungie members... I just don't feel like it will be as good. It feels like Microsoft's only making it to milk the success the others had.

Brane

-
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    On the contrary I still feel there is so much left to do.

There are so many directions this game could take with so many unanswered questions.

In the trailer, was the planet taking in Chief because he is a human, aka forerunner descendant, or was it trying to save him from something? (Those weird octopus aliens we saw in the trailers and concept art).

Where did the flood come from, or were they made for a reason?

What ever happened to all the leftover Spartans and other things stuck at Onyx.

I'm really looking forward to this new trilogy, and I have a feeling 343 might just blow us all away.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    Im kinda sad. Only the first two Halo games are on pc. And I think the company that made Halo said something about not porting any of the other Halo games to PC.

I want to play H3. But I can't since I don't have a 360. (And im terriable with a controller too.)

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    I stopped playing after Halo 1. My friend warned me Halo 2 sucked. He warned me it was because of poor gameplay. I ignored him and bought the game anyway, and not long after I left that game on the shelf feeling that I'd wasted $50. (Given. I didn't not believe him. I just wanted to see for myself.)

Halo 3 was better... Not quite as good as Halo 1, but the real problem with Halo 3 and beyond? They're exclusives for a platform I couldn't care less for. Why do I dislike the Xbox? Quite simply, milking me for more money with their monthly fees and their DLC and all that jazz. You can't even mod your games. The hardware is substantially inferior to my computer, and the controller is horrifyingly inferior to a keyboard and mouse in terms of preformance. I really cant be arsed to shell out all that money for such an old platform that I'll only play what little good exclusives it has on it.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I've played all the Halo games. I love the multiplayer on all the games, probably Halo 3 the most. The original trilogy was good and all, but I don't think they should really continue it unless the story just blows my mind.

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
    Years
    On the contrary I still feel there is so much left to do.

There are so many directions this game could take with so many unanswered questions.

In the trailer, was the planet taking in Chief because he is a human, aka forerunner descendant, or was it trying to save him from something? (Those weird octopus aliens we saw in the trailers and concept art).

Where did the flood come from, or were they made for a reason?

What ever happened to all the leftover Spartans and other things stuck at Onyx.

I'm really looking forward to this new trilogy, and I have a feeling 343 might just blow us all away.

This, pretty much. I've adored every Halo game so far (I say adored. Halo Reach and Halo Wars were a little bit of a let down for me, but I still liked them), and I am certainly looking forward to how they continue the series.

After all, there's so much more to do in the Halo universe. The Forerunners for example, and they could even delve a little into the Precursors just to make it a little more interesting. The Halo universe is far more than just the Human-Covenant war with the Gravemind thrown in just to make it more interesting. I do think that the Precursors will have some kind of role in the next three Halo games, I do indeed.

Either way, we can be assured that it'll be epic.

Back