• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Other Supporters

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    What's the point of the tiers anymore, really? To give incentives for people to donate more, yes, but then we're ostracizing some people from certain things like collabs... idk personally I feel that Megan's blog remedied that issue quite well so supporters that were unable to see this forum were able to participate, so it's not all that detrimental.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think tiers should stay. As redundant as they might seem in some ways, they are a way to sort of show off how much you've invested in the forum, and all incentives to help run PC are good imo.

Even for those who received their supportership as a gift or in a competition - we shouldn't feel ashamed or undeserving. Participating actively in competitions and events is another way to make PC thrive, and the fact that supportership is given out as prices prooves how much that is worth! As for gifts, if it hadn't been for you, the one who paid might not have paid, and seeing you become a supporter obviously meant much to them. Don't feel bad about whatever way you got into the greenness, please.

I don't have a definite opinion on what ranks should be let into the VIP forum, but I can imagine the green name and access to here is what drives many to donate so if they got that at tier 1, they might be satisfied and stop there. I might have done that, sadly, since I don't exactly have an immense wealth to spread around.

Blog should work, and the overall word spreading about all supporters being allowed to join supporter collabs. :)

Back