• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Painfully Slow Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
  • ScubaDouch3, you've been added to the list. Have fun!

Next update on Platinum:
    - Took care of Team Galactic in Veilstone.
    - Went up Mt. Coronet, took care of Team Galactic, did the Distortion World, beat Giratina.
    - Talked to Prof. Rowan, then went to Sunyshore City, fighting the available trainers.
    - Beat the Sunyshore Gym. Volkner got soloed by Gastrodon's Earthquake.
    - Surfed north and fought the trainers on the sea route.
    - Healed at the Pokemon Center. Up next, Victory Road and the Elite Four!
    Team is now:
    Spoiler:

Nobody else has posted, so I'll post my last update for Platinum now:
    - Went through Victory Road, fighting all the trainers.
    - Beat Barry rather easily.
    - Deposited my HM slaves, then entered the Elite Four.
    - Aaron was defeated relatively easily by Vespiquen with Power Gem, Aerial Ace, and a Fire-type Hidden Power.
    - Bertha got soloed by Gastrodon who had an excellent advantage.
    - Flint was somewhat difficult, what with some of his Pokemon knowing SolarBeam to counter Gastrodon. I beat him, though.
    - Lucian was relatively easy with the exception of his brick wall Bronzong. I still won though.
    - With Cynthia, she was tough, but I still won. My battle with Cynthia can be viewed here.
    My final team:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    [SIZE="a"]Congrats!

I can't really update much right now due to using mobile, but basically am now in Canalave City and struggling with Byron. Got some grinding to do but levels at the moment are basically around 35-40.[/SIZE]

ScubaDouch3

Ice-Type Lover
    Years
  • Motoring along pretty fast on LG, escaped Rock Tunnel and headed straight for Celadon and beat Giovanni, grabbed the Poke Flute to catch my Snorlax, caught my Rhyhorn, and now it's time to level them up a bit. Man this is fun!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Not made much progress since last update, am having trouble with Canalave gym :p Basically have just been training in Iron Island and grinding...

psychomew2

Rank 1: Otsdarva
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2014
    i've never done a challenge before, I guess this would be a good place to start.
    Username:psychomew2
    Challenge:single
    Game:heart gold (the batteries on all of my gen 2 games died :/).
    Hopefully I do ok on this XD.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • psychomew2, you have been added.

Note that I have updated the rules regarding trading/hacking. Due to the fact that trading in an egg at the beginning of the game with egg moves is rather common, I have allowed the trading/hacking in of one legitimate egg for the purpose of egg moves, only if that Pokemon can be legitimately obtained in the main, pre-E4 story. Please see the rules for more details.

First update for Black:
    - I bred a Karrablast to start knowing Megahorn and Swords Dance in the White file I was using for my Normal UMC. I then used PokeGen to transfer in the egg at the beginning of Black.
    - I chose Oshawott, transferred the egg in, then walked around until it hatched.
    - Did all the remaining intro stuff.
    - Went north, trained Karrablast to Lv7, beat N.
    - Continued north, fighting trainers.
    - Beat trainers at Dreamyard and got Pansear, who got boxed.
    - Beat Cilan.
    - After getting the C-Gear, I hack-evolved Karrablast into the qualifying Escavalier.
    - Caught a Munna.
    - Proceeded along Route 3, beat Team Plasma in the cave, beat remaining trainers on the way to Nacrene City.
    - Fought the trainers in the exterior of Pinwheel Forest.
    - Beat N, then headed to the gym.
    - Beat Lenora. I hate Watchog's Hypnosis...
    Team is now:
    Spoiler:

psychomew2

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2014
    Update number one for my challenge
    • Got through the boring tutorial crap. Had to do it twice because i didnt know I had to delete my old game before saving a new one. If i never see a tutorial again it will be too soon >_<.
    • Caught 2 pokemon, mareep and geodude (niether of which I plan to be permanent members of my team). Boxed away my starter, chickorita. It will stay boxed unless I need a cutting hm slave.
    • Beat Volkner quite easily. I had a major type advantage on him XD.
    • Saved after getting prof. elms egg. I do plan to use the togepi.
    So yeah, thats it for the time being. By the next update I should start getting permanent team members. Sorry if this took awhile, but having trouble saving a new game cost me quite a bit of time.

ScubaDouch3

Ice-Type Lover
    Years
  • Alright, at the Indigo Plateau but I'm not challenging the Elite Four until I do some heavy duty training, not quite sure where to do that though...

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • Update number 2 on Black:
    - Went through Pinwheel Forest and took care of Team Plasma.
    - Went to Castelia City, fought the trainers at the Battle Company and the dancers, then got Bianca's Munna back.
    - Went and beat the gym.
    - Beat Bianca, then beat Cheren.
    - Went and got the Cover Fossil, then ran back to Nacrene City to revive it into a Tirtouga. Note that since Tirtouga had Aqua Jet when I got him, I did not allow myself to use it. For future reference, if a Pokemon is acquired with an increased priority move, you may not use that move.
    - Went back to the desert, then beat all the trainers in the desert and Desert Resort.
    - Beat Team Plasma at the entrance to Nimbasa City and got the bicycle.
    - Beat the trainers to the east of Nimbasa City, beat the trainers in the stadium and court, then beat N.
    - Went to the gym, and beat Elesa. She was rather tough, as you will see from my team screenshots, but I won regardless.
    Team is now:
    Spoiler:

psychomew2

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2014
    Ok, time for my second update
    • I caught a wooper (Im holding out on giving nicknames atm)
    • Togepi hatched from the egg.
    • Got through union cave, grinding a few levels onto togepi. Extrasensory makes that a lot easier
    • Dealt with team rocket in the slowpoke well
    • Beat my rival before doing the gym despite being under leveled.
    • Took care of bugsy and got badge #2
    • Started in ilex forest and got a pineco after having a bit of trouble with them blowing up in my face.
    At this point I have 3 permanent team members, and I'm planning to have 5. Btw, having a move that lowers the opponents speed if fine right? The only ground stab move wooper has available to it is mud shot atm. I figure it is, seeing as it doesn't boost his speed at all. Anyways, I still figured I should ask.

Permanent team members so far: wooper @lv 16, Togepi @lv 15 and Pineco @lv 7.

Years
  • Username: Itz_Spadez
    Challenge Type: Ultimate
    Game(s): LeafGreen, Crystal, Sapphire, Platinum, White

Last edited:

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • I made an update to the rules regarding specific moves that are not allowed. Please see the rules for more details.

Update 3 on Black:
    - Beat Cheren west of Nimbasa, then beat all the trainers on that route.
    - Crossed the bridge, healed, then cleared out the Cold Storage of Team Plasma.
    - Beat the Driftveil Gym relatively easily.
    - Beat Bianca, then proceeded along the route to Chargestone Cave, fighting trainers.
    - Went through Chargestone Cave, fighting trainers, then beat N.
    - Healed, then went along the route to Celestial Tower to meet Skyla. On the way, Munna reached Lv37 and learned Psychic. I then evolved Munna. Tirtouga also evolved at Lv37.
    - Went through Celestial Tower, beat all the trainers, met Skyla, then went back to Mistralton City.
    - I then took on the gym. This was the easiest gym yet. It went "Iron Head, Iron Head, Iron Head, Charge Beam, I win."
    Team is now:
    Spoiler:

psychomew2

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2014
    Update #3 time. Theres a lot of stuff this time around
    • Before the 3rd gym I did some grinding, durring that time wooper evolved
    • Beat whitney thanks to cheap usage of selfdestruct XD
    • Beat sudowoodo, did not catch it
    • After reaching Ecruteak I got a sunkern in the national park and skipped ahead to olivine to get a corsola
    • Evolved Sunkern and togepi
    • Beat the rival in the burned tower and released the legends inside
    • Beat morty despite the fact that hypnosis NEVER MISSED. I'm not even exagerating, it litteraly hit every time >_<
    • Did the lighthouse mission, crossed the sea to get the secretpotion
    • Beat eusine and chuck, getting the fith badge.
    • Returned to Olivine and beat jasmine
    • Did some grinding on the safari zone route
    • Went to Mahogany town, and to the lake of rage. Got the red gyra for the lols.
    • Beat team rocket out of their hideout
    • Beat pryce and got the seventh badge
    team as of now (yes I know im underleveled): pineco@ lv 29, quagsire@ lv 30, corsola@ lv 30, togetic@ lv 29, Sunflora@ lv 29.
    I really tried to get alot done this afternoon, as this dramatic leap in progress should indicate XD.

ScubaDouch3

Ice-Type Lover
    Years
  • Alright! Elite Four Round 1 finished! now it's time to explore the Sevii Islands, level up my Pokemon, and beat Round 2.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Am now back from holiday, in which I made a lot of progress but can't really remember most of the steps! Included beating Byron, Candice and Volkner (mainly Graveller), stopping team Galactic at the lakes and spear pillar, some grinding, err... I don't really remember what else... But am now on the way to the elite for to beat them and finish the challenge. Boy, this one's been pretty tough at points.

Current Team
    Piplup (Level 54, Has tried to evolve many times but has always been stopped)
    Graveller (Level 55, Evolved from Geodude caught in Oreburgh Mines)
    Vespiquen (Level 54, Evolved from Combee caught in honey tree west of Valley Windworks)
    Bibreal (Level 18, HM Slave)

psychomew2

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2014
    Ok, update #4 time
    • Did the Goldenrod team rocket event, including defeating the rival (who ive named idk btw)
    • Traveled through the ice path, reached Blackthorn and went south to train
    • Defeated Clair, did the dragons den quest.
    • Went to Ecruteak, beat the Kimino girls. Caught Ho-oh as well.
    • Headed to the pokemon leauge. Beat idk for the last time in the kanto half of the game.
    • Trained some extra in victory road
    • Beat Will despite trouble with sleep and confusion
    • Beat koga (stupid double teaming crobat >_<)
    • Beat Bruno thanks in part to quagsire getting stronger via swagger.
    • Beat Karen. Took a few tries because of nasty plot sweeping.
    • Beat Lance in the most ungraceful manner possible (in other words, item spamming)
    • Got the ss ticket
    Lv 42 quagsire, lv 42 togetic, lv 42 Forretress, lv 41 corsola, lv 40 sunflora.
    Yeah, the elite four was quite difficult. Of course, I didn't grind for levels for very long so I guess it's to be expected. Oh well, next update will be starting up with the kanto half of the game.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • Update #4 for Black:
    - I realized that Escavalier's ability didn't change when I hack-evolved him. I fixed that through hacking. Please make sure to change abilities accordingly if hack-evolving.
    - Proceeded along the route to Twist Mountain, got Surf for Oshawott. Caught a Woobat for Fly and Flash.
    - Went through Mistralton Cave and beat Cobalion.
    - Beat Virizion in Pinwheel Forest.
    - Fought all trainers on newly accessible water routes, got Waterfall for Oshawott.
    - Continued through Twist Mountain, fighting trainers.
    - Beat the Icirrus Gym; Escavalier soloed Brycen with Iron Head.
    - Went to Dragonspiral Tower, beat all the trainers and talked to N.
    - Went to Relic Castle and beat Team Plasma.
    - Got the Light Stone, then went on the route to Opelucid City, fighting trainers.
    - Beat the Opelucid Gym somewhat easily.
    Team is now:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Final update from Platinum: Did some final grinding, went through the league beating Aaron fairly easily, Bertha was pretty hard but got through okay with some heals, Flint was very easy other than his Drifblim as Graveller had fainted against his 4th and Lucian was very easy with the help of Vespiquen, although Bonzong was slightly more difficult. Cynthia was a complete pain, although I loved her team! The two water types (Gastrodon and Milotic) and then Garchomp were all difficult but eventually got through after losing once and loading the save again. Some more grinding would've been helpful but ah well, finally finished! Still undecided about moving on to next game...

Final Team
    Piplup (Level 64, Has tried to evolve many times but has always been stopped)
    Graveller (Level 65, Evolved from Geodude caught in Oreburgh Mines)
    Vespiquen (Level 63, Evolved from Combee caught in honey tree west of Valley Windworks)

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • Update #5 for Black:
    - Proceeded along the route to Victory Road, fighting and defeating trainers, including Cheren.
    - Upon having seen 115 Pokemon, I flew to Nuvema Town to get Hidden Power for Musharna.
    - Proceeded through Victory Road, fighting every trainer there was.
    - Then, it was time for the Elite Four! Bought a bunch of healing items and proceeded.
    - Shauntal was kinda tough. Cofagrigus fell to Musharna's Shadow Ball a few times. Chandelure got Aqua Tail'd by Carracosta. Then came Jellicent, who took quite a beating before going down. Golurk got taken down by Aqua Tail.
    - With Grimsley, Scrafty took a couple Aerial Aces, Krookodile went down with an Aqua Tail, Liepard got Megahorn'd, and since Carracosta had taken a beating, Escavalier took care of the underleveled Bisharp, as well.
    - Marshal was easy. Every one of his Pokemon fell to Psychic, and I only used one Hyper Potion.
    - Caitlin was also easy. All but Sigilyph fell to Megahorn, then Sigilyph fell to Rock Slide.
    - Then, story, story, story, blah, blah, blah....
    - Healed, then went up to N.
    - Caught Reshiram, chose not to add (remember, you are required for this challenge to NOT add Reshiram/Zekrom after catching it).
    - N... meh. Zekrom put up quite a fight against Musharna, especially with his Light Screen. I finished him with a lucky critical hit from Musharna's Ice-type Hidden Power. The rest of his Pokemon weren't too bad, but I did have to spam items.
    - Ghetsis was even worse with spamming items. I did well against Cofagrigus (two Shadow Balls), and got lucky with Hydreigon's Fire Blast missing Escavalier, who then took him out with Megahorn. Everyone else... bleh! I won, though.
    Team is now:
    Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back