• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The PC Box Problem

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2011
    I'm not sure if this is what the "~30" thing is, but you could also just put the last number that you put in that box. You know the first one starts at 1, and you can check the box before it for the first number of the one you're in if it becomes an issue.
    Yeah, it'll take minor fixes like this to get around it. The point is that it shouldn't be necessary at all. From the little I know about programming it's something they would have had to take extra time and effort to program in.

I mean just think about that: They took extra time not to add some minor graphical flourish or other neat detail, but to restrict the player in using numbers for naming their boxes AND to yell at us when we tried.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Well I never used to number my boxes like that XD My boxes were not sorted and were messy ^.^ But I did name boxes like 'Shiny' and 'Legendary', so now it is a bummer I cant do that anymore.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
  • Well I never used to number my boxes like that XD My boxes were not sorted and were messy ^.^ But I did name boxes like 'Shiny' and 'Legendary', so now it is a bummer I cant do that anymore.
    Umm... first of all, "Shiny" is still a valid name for a box. Second, "Legendary" has never been valid due to the character limit.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2011
    I'm sorry. I still can't get over this stupid, stupid design decision. If you're arranging in order of the National Dex, you're gonna use 001-030, 031-060, etc.

Limiting it to four digits is just so arbitrary; I hate arbitrary things!

Ciz

La la la ♪
    Years
  • Why don't you just do Roman numerals? They're pretty easy to use.

Like this post :)))))

I never noticed that cause i only caught a total of less than 200. :| I might try it later...

And this is a bummer when you're really trying to collect all pokemon and arranging them. :(

to the catching, besto luck :)

Back