• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PCNation

Sword Master

You underestimate my power!
    Years
    Umm... Should we go back to talking about the Parliament?
    I think we should look at emergency powers for the Leader, and how we can avoid dictators gaining power through democracy.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    Umm... Should we go back to talking about the Parliament?
    I think we should look at emergency powers for the Leader, and how we can avoid dictators gaining power through democracy.

How about by not giving any single individual emergency powers? You've clearly seen Star Wars, you should know how that can end up ;)

Sword Master

Years
    How about by not giving any single individual emergency powers? You've clearly seen Star Wars, you should know how that can end up ;)
    Yes I do, but I thought we clear that up, before a Jar Jar ;) comes in and inadvertently destroys democracy. I agree that we shouldn't give any person emergency powers.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    What exactly are emergency powers for btw?

Reactions: Sun

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years

I agree- that is a terrible idea (no offense) because everything can just fall apart. I may agree with this as long as there are a ton of restraints and a board of advisors he has to use.

Sword Master

Years
    No one said it was a good idea in the first place. Just merely suggested so we can sort it out before we have to do it later.

Years
    Okay, so this is what I have so far. Any thoughts on this?

Constitution/Workings of the Government

The PCNations is a Capitalist Representative Democracy that works off of the principals of a market with minimal restriction and a government that is elected by, and representative of, the citizens of the Nation.

Legislative Branch
    The legislative arm of the federal government of the PCNation is divided into two "houses", the upper and the lower. The Lower House is responsible for the development of law and the running of the Nation and is determined via a public election in which the citizens of the PCNation vote for a singular party that they wish to fulfil government offices (the party with the most votes wins the election). The Upper House exists as an advisory board, whilst they do not have the power to enact law they may veto and make amendments to bills created by the Lower House. Bills must pass through Upper House and back to the lower before they are able to become law. The members of the Upper House are determined by a secondary public election in which the citizens of the PCNation can allocate a single vote to multiple candidates that are put forwards by their respective parties.

Executive Branch
    The executive arm of the PCNation's federal government exists to enact the law created by the legislative branch and to look after the interests of the citizens. This includes the military, police department, fire department, public hospitals, intelligence agencies, ambulance services, public schools and government run companies. The existence of these agencies does not restrict the creation of privately owned companies with the exception of militia or intelligence groups that may pose a threat to the security of the PC nation.

Judicial Branch
    The Judiciary arm of the government is composed of a hierarchy of courts overseen by judges -although judgements are made by a jury of the defendants peers and several speciality courts. The various courts are as follows

• State Court of Petty Crime - Deals specifically with misdemeanour crimes to streamline major crimes in the judicial hierarchy.
    • Family Court - Deals specifically with issues relating to divorce, custody disputes and the state of one's family.
    • State Court - Each state of the PCNation has a State Court that deals with felony crime.
    • State Court of Appeals - A small court that deals with appeals made against rulings by the State Court and State Court of Petty Crimes.
    • Federal Court - The highest court. Deals with particularly major crimes such as those resulting in mass loss of life or those directly against the PCNation.

Bill of Rights

The Right to Free Speech
    Citizens of the PCNation have the right to express any opinion without censorship or restraint.

The Right to Freedom of Religion
    Citizens of the PCNation have the right to practice any religious belief they may hold and to be free of religious persecution from their government or peers.

The Right to Fair Trial
    Citizens of the PCNation have a right to legal representation if accused of breaking a law, civil or state, and to be judged by a jury of their peers free of persecution or bias. Citizens of the PCNation are to be considered innocent until proven guilty under the burden of proof.

This right extends to the right to appeal against judgements made by the governments judicial branch and to the right to be free from cruel or unjust punishment.

The Right to Life and Liberty
    Citizens have the right to life, free from restrictions to their civil liberties.

The Right to Bear Arms
    Citizens of the PCNation have the right to own a firearm and use it for the sake of sport or, if their life is threatened, in self-defence. Possession of a firearm requires police clearance and a license supplied by the federal government.

The Right to Vote
    Citizens of the PCNation have the right to vote for government representatives. The age of eligibility to vote is eighteen years.

The Right to Government Support
    Citizens of the PCNation have the right to financial or medical support from the government in times of need. This extends to the existence of government hospitals and the option to a government provided education at any level.

Last edited:

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Guys, does anyone else want to contribute to this or would you like to move on to submitting/debating some bills?

So far I'm perfectly fine with them.
    Sorry for staying silent, hahaha. I tend to stay silent when it comes to this thread/event, as I don't see the need to parrot.

Thepowaofhax

Spectre
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2017
    Guys, does anyone else want to contribute to this or would you like to move on to submitting/debating some bills?

I think debating those bills might be a good idea now. I think starting with a minimum wage should be a good idea, but we still need to create our currency and determine it's value.

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
    Huh. Can I join the discussion? This seems like a cool little concept. I would have to say I like the system of government you have there.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Do we want to add some details to some of the stuff in the bill of rights like what exactly the voting age is or expanding on what exactly constitutes civil liberties, or is that something to do later?

Huh. Can I join the discussion? This seems like a cool little concept. I would have to say I like the system of government you have there.
    Anyone can join in the discussion at any time.

Years
    Do we want to add some details to some of the stuff in the bill of rights like what exactly the voting age is or expanding on what exactly constitutes civil liberties, or is that something to do later?

Anyone can join in the discussion at any time.

I would be open to putting a poll up to determine a voting age. I'm thinking 18 and 21 are the obvious choices but if anyone else has an idea feel free to chuck 'em out there.

As for civil liberties, anything that comes under the UNs list of human rights and/or this bill of rights should count I'd say.

Years
    Wow imppresive, I've read so far alot of posts by you guys and I didn't I didn't even know PC had a bill of rights. Its like a real democracy in here. Thats totally cool.

Years
    Wow imppresive, I've read so far alot of posts by you guys and I didn't I didn't even know PC had a bill of rights. Its like a real democracy in here. Thats totally cool.

Well the aim was to simulate a government xD

Also, I'm sticking a poll up for the voting age. I'm going with 18 and 21 as the options since nobody else came forwards with anything.

Edit: In the meantime feel free to PM either myself or Nah with any bills you would like to propose. Once we start debating bills we'll be handling them one at a time for convenience and it'll become first come first serve for the order.

Years
    I think 18 is the way to go. 18 is that magical age for almost everything else, especially legal adulthood.

Back