• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Phone Calls...

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
    I actually enjoy the phone calls. I find them hilarious. Plus, I'm always getting awesome stuff. The hiker gave me a big mushroom. Mom has bought me tons of good berries, a focus sash, silk scarf and other stat boosting items. I don't really mind it at all. Still haven't gotten a rebattle though...

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
    It's a neat feature and all but I'm wary of who I give my number to. I really only give them my number if there's something in it for me. If they're just gonna call for the sake of calling I do not want their numbers.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I like them - I never minded the convos too much and if you don't want to answer something you can just ignore it - check your party or walk into a building or somthing and it'll be gone. Plus free stuff is always nice like the evolution stones... note also that some even give you stuff like Proteins after you battle them when they call you for a battle.

Mum could call a bit less to tell me she bought me a berry though. =P Some I also find amusing, like Anthony the Hiker telling me how he got distracted from battling by a passing Beauty and should stay more focused on the job at hand next time. XD And then there's this:
    I hate how Joey keeps calling me about his rattata that's superior to all other rattatas. God I want to just tell him I don't care!
    Me too, I can't stand that guy. I never answer Joey's calls. He's just so annoying.
    lol, yeah I've gotten sooooo many phone calls from him! Not even funny.
    Hey, do you remember my super-cool RATTATA? My RATTATA is different from regular RATTATA. It's like my RATTATA is in the top percentage of RATTATA. Do you know what I'm saying?
    Spoiler:

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    I'd be more willing to use Ratatta if it wasn't for Team Rocket and their overabundant annoyance in the wild. Ever since Red & Blue, they've been very unappealing to me. lol

I do think that the phone system is great, but Nintendo should have limited it to if someone wanted to battle, give you an item, or tell you about how a bunch of Pokémon are all of sudden showing up at a certain route.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    It's actually fun to recieve phone calls from other trainers. :] At least I know that they are caring enough to call a lone traveler. ;; Besides, they'll ask me for a rematch... one day.

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    I call Lyra a bit. She says usefullish things about where you are. I dont give mom money, lazy butt can go gat a job. Joey sucks, I want a delete button! I never awenser to him anymore. He's like Bidoffs ... but he talks!

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    One of the most interesting calls I've received is from a Hiker who spends more time with his Pokemon than he does with his kids. True story. Then he tells me to call me Mom more often.

The good thing about the new Phone Calls is that you don't have to answer all of them. I actually don't get numbers unless it benefits me. Trainers giving me stones=yes. Rare Pokemon from weird guys who live in mountains=yes.

What I don't understand is why these people's lifes revolve so much around Pokemon. I know that sounds hypocritical but think about it:

Their entire civilization is hardwired into one topic always. There are no "Resturaunts" but there are Resturaunts with Pokemon themes. All T.V. shows, all Music, all Society in the game revolves around Pokemon and Pokemon battles. Perhaps this can be explained though by the early days. Several documents of the Pokemon World indicate that people used to worship these creatures. They thought they were magic beings who decided the humans fate. So perhaps it is not so much worship anymore as it is simple... partnership. But extreme partnership. They aren't really pets but moreso fighting partners....

Anyways....

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    the phone calls are another reason why gold, silver, and crystal, are awsome! But i'm getting reeeaaaally close to killing joey in his sleep.

Years
    Usually if people ask for my number I simply deny them. Haha
    I have Anthony on mine and he calls all the time, but I ignore it. Really isn't that bothersome in my opinion. :)

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
    I get them all. They're entertaining sometimes and not that long so I don't mind. I also got a firestone from that one school kid on route 36 so yeah I still answer my phone calls for the rare times they have something good for me. :p

Years
    I get them all. They're entertaining sometimes and not that long so I don't mind. I also got a firestone from that one school kid on route 36 so yeah I still answer my phone calls for the rare times they have something good for me. :p

Didn't know that could happen. :D
    Good to know.

blueblur155

Proud American Citizen
    Years
    The phone calls are one of my favorite things from the originals, mostly because they don't make a lot of sense and they're funny. And I'm pretty sure that they used the exact same dialogue for them as well.

Years
    They seriously drive me nuts! They just on about :S Only one was actually helpful! So Ive say no to everyone now.

yogamoanyo

Surfing the Wind
    Years
    I guess everyone loves me in Heart Gold or something... because I swear, EVERY SECOND, SOMEONE CALLS ME!! Like literally. I was going to Cianwood.. someone then called me. I answered (I don't remember who it was) and I listened to what they said... then Immediately after that, I got another call... that happened probably like, 5 times on the way there. One after another. They tend to get annoying now and then... but yes, Joey will not stop calling ._.

Back