• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pidgeotto

Aiden Blue

Cincinnati's Trainer
Years
  • The Pidgeotto
    3/5/2014
    Subject: Releasing Pidgeotto

Stacy goes to make herself a plate of food, and hands me her 3DS, and tells me to defeat a swarm of Serviper she just encountered, then save and quit. I noticed in the swarm was a Zangoose, and it was attacking the swarm. Not a problem, well, one Serviper knocks out my active Pokemon, and then before I could send out another Pokemon, Zangoose and the Servipers start an all out brawl with each other.

So I send out Pidgeotto, thinking I could just use Tornado to knock out the Pokemon (E.N. Stacy started Pokemon Y in Spanish, to challenge herself, I have no ♥♥♥♥ing clue what any of the attacks are unless she translates it to me.), and then I get confused by one of the Servipers. So, I'm confused first turn, it hits itself, not a problem, ♥♥♥♥ happens. The Servipers take down the Zangoose during that turn. Next turn, I hit myself again... What ever, THEN, the Servipers start attacking each other. Long story short, Pidgeotto knocked itself out while all the Servipers were attacking each other...

I said I was IMMEDIATELY releasing the pokemon once I get back to the Pokemon Center. She didn't think I would... I got to the Pokemon Center, and highlighted 'Librar'.... Meaning Release. I waited a few minutes, and said I'm glad that piece of ♥♥♥♥ is gone. She just looked at me like I just threw her baby off of a cliff of a Canyon in Utah. But wasn't like that. You know how many birds are in the tall grass?

"Are serious, baby?" she asks curiously.

"about what?" I replied.

"Did you RELEASE Pidgeotto?" she threw back, as if were playing a game of four square.

I immediately thought like... I wonder how this will play out...

"...." silence filled the air.

When she saw nothing leave my lips, and a guilty grin began to form around my lips, she immediately got upset.

"You ♥♥♥♥ing serious?" she said Rhetorically.

"It was useless!" I proclaimed.

"It just sat there, and hit itself to death in battle! It did absolutely nothing!"

"So its fault it battled?" she said in a sarcastic overtone.

"YES! You were walking through a route, and encountered a TURF WAR between SERVIPER and ZANGOOSE! It did nothing to protect you, or I! It sat there and killed itself! It was all like 'Hey look, I'm Pidgeotto, and IM CONFUSED!'" Then I proceeded to mockingly smack myself on the forehead, with a screw face, to get my point across, of how stupid Pidgeotto was in my eyes...

"I put so much time, and effort into that Pidgeotto!" she cried, with a disappointed tone.

"It was only lvl 20! You can catch another one! There's no way you could have done that much with it!" I said, trying to do damage control.

"I was feeding it puffs, and playing games with it, raising his love stat, and petting it-" she was saying and then suddenly I intervene.

"THAT'S THE PROBLEM! It needs nutrition, DISCIPLINE, TRAINING! Not being Spoiled, and given Diabetes! If it had a higher Defense stat it woudlnt have knocked itself out so fast! I give you my Pidgeotto from my PokeBank!"

"But it was MY Pidegeotto!" She said with a frown.

"Now it belongs to the earth... I threw it in the woods behind the Pokemon Center... Its gonna rot for being so stupid, and useless!"

She was literally convulsing as if she was chuckling, or trying to hold back tears... But from the look on her face, she was devistated... She REALLY loves all her Pokemon... And I felt bad.

"You're just trying not to laugh... Look, your about to smile!!!" I said, trying to lighten the mood.

She didn't reply...

"Your really THAT upset?" I asked.

"Yes.... I cared for that Pidgey, all the way to a Pidgeotto..."

"Do you Love me Stacy?" I asked with appologetic tone.

Then I show her the Pidgeotto still in her game... She was upset, but, from my point of view, it was HILARIOUS! But, it really bothered my girl. I love her to death, I never wanted to make her upset... Now I know not to ♥♥♥♥ with her Pokemon, they are a part of her daily life, and she loves them dearly...

Never got such an amazing hug like the one I received after she realized her Pidegotto wasn't in the woods behind the Pokemon Center. =P

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    So, is this a story about something that happened to you in real life, that you felt like sharing to show how much people can care about their digital pokémon or something... or is this some sort of fanfiction?

Aiden Blue

Cincinnati's Trainer
    Years
  • This happened last night with me, and my Girlfriend Stacy... Just thought I'd share a bit of my life on here for you all to enjoy.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    someone's sleeping in the couch toni—oh, you didn't release it? never mind~

but yeah, I can at least understand her side. I also waste a lot of time on my digital mon...um...on my beloved Pokémon. I actually don't know what I would do if I lost my game, or if my save file suddenly crashes (and I don't own a powersave, so if that happens, I'll die a lonely man) :P

Aiden Blue

Cincinnati's Trainer
    Years
  • someone's sleeping in the couch toni—oh, you didn't release it? never mind~

but yeah, I can at least understand her side. I also waste a lot of time on my digital mon...um...on my beloved Pokémon. I actually don't know what I would do if I lost my game, or if my save file suddenly crashes (and I don't own a powersave, so if that happens, I'll die a lonely man) :P

Powersave? whats that??? Is that somthing to backup your game save?

Back