• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Plane That Vanished ~New~

Years
    I am sure there was a thread about this... But I can't find it.
    Any who, this is more of an update on what is happening by the BBC!
    Below is a day by day summary of what has been found on what days.

How strange O_O

SEARCH FOR FLIGHT AF 447
    • 1 June: Contact lost with plane over mid-Atlantic
    • 2 June: First debris spotted from the air includes an airline seat. Brazilian defence minister says debris is from missing plane
    • 3 June: More debris spotted, including a 7m-wide chunk of metal. Fuel slick seen on ocean surface
    • 4 June: Buoys and pallet recovered from ocean said to be from plane. Officials later retract statement
    • 6 June: First two bodies, plus suitcase and backpack found, along with seat thought to be from the plane
    • 7 June: Three additional bodies recovered, more sighted

What do you think could have happened?

Some theories as to what happened:
    Obviously they landed on a deserted island that cannot be seen by anyone except for on a certain day which makes all planes flying by it crash onto the island. This island has been inhabited by the Dharma Initiative since the 70s but is no longer. There are Hostiles on said island and as well as a flying smoke monster and a random polar bear. It was later found out that the island can be moved, and it even had Time Travel characteristics. A certain Jacob is the one at the root of this island and he must be killed. The survivors of flight AF 447 must now kill Jacob in order to gain their lives back.

We can blame Charles Widmore for the various pieces of debris that was found.

Last edited:

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Obviously they landed on a deserted island that cannot be seen by anyone except for on a certain day which makes all planes flying by it crash onto the island. This island has been inhabited by the Dharma Initiative since the 70s but is no longer. There are Hostiles on said island and as well as a flying smoke monster and a random polar bear. It was later found out that the island can be moved, and it even had Time Travel characteristics. A certain Jacob is the one at the root of this island and he must be killed. The survivors of flight AF 447 must now kill Jacob in order to gain their lives back.

Last edited:

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    The engines probably ran into trouble and one more than likely exploded, or they were in a storm and lightning struck the plane.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I think the plane exploded due to engine trouble same as fox. I don't think it was down toa bomb like it was suspected at one point.

Years

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    I was half waiting for someone to make a Lost Reference.

It is like the Bermuda (sp?) triangle isn't it. I remember so many people saying that boats, planes and so on just didn't come out once they went in!
    Weird O_O

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I remember them saying the bermuda triangle had no connection and that it was likely to be either terrorists or a lighting bolt.

Years
    Yeah I know I mean if it was connected piece would not have been found at all...
    Fair enough! ^.^

It is a strange one.
    Who knows what could have happened O_O

Maybe it is like Cast Away :O
    The film I mean! XD

One guy could be out there all on his own talking to a football...

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2010
    I've a feeling it was down to a simple fault in some of the cockpit equipment, which causes, during the storm, all of the altitude/velocity/angle readings to be incorrect, as once happened before in a flight. The plane crashed into the ocean, in alarmingly similar circumstances, and took a very long time to recover. I think there was an episode of Air Crash Investigation on about it a while ago :D

Years
    I've a feeling it was down to a simple fault in some of the cockpit equipment, which causes, during the storm, all of the altitude/velocity/angle readings to be incorrect, as once happened before in a flight. The plane crashed into the ocean, in alarmingly similar circumstances, and took a very long time to recover. I think there was an episode of Air Crash Investigation on about it a while ago :D

I think it's been stated at some point in the coverage of the accident that the plane was flying too slowly or something, and it was theorised that it simply ended up crashing due to a sudden loss in altitude. Something similar to whiteout may have occurred, and the pilot's job made immeasurably more difficult in already harrowing circumstances.

joey2joey

I like turtles.
    Years
    They obviously crashed

I think that there was a loss in cabin pressure, so they had to lower altitude (why they went off radar) and then through some other problems, they crashed.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I think there was an episode of Air Crash Investigation on about it a while ago :D
    Get ready to hear about it again.

There is a set of tubes at the front of most planes that measure the air pressure inside themselves to give out readings such as speed. It has happened before that mud wasps had made a nest inside one that was carelessly left uncovered after maintenance, blocking it in some way and causing mixed readings on a plane (since they also have other speed dials that take from different sources). The crew decided to lower their speed since the dial was going extremely high. It kept going up and they kept lowering their speed. Eventually they just stalled and hit the water.

Said pane however was leaving from the Dominican Republic, but if the wasps live in Brazil as well, there we go. It been on the ground for a long time though, so if this Air France plane hadn't been then rule out this theory.

Last edited:

Her

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    I heard a story about a couple who were desperately trying to get back to France on that same plane, but just absolutely couldn't get on. When they heard about the crash, they crashed their that they were driving. Kinda ironic, eh?

But back to the topic at hand. I think that it was a engine fault, but I guess we won't know for sure unless we find the black box, and even then, there might be trouble.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Scary. I will be on a plane for the first time in a few short weeks. I hope I dont vanish.

Her

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    Well, to be fair to Quantas, they have done everything but crash. They've even had snakes on a plane!

"If in the unlikely event that there are snakes on a plane, please reach under your seat and pull out your Samuel L. Jacksons."

And also to touch upon the Bermuda triangle theory, it's possible, but unlikely. But then again, we know nothing about what happened yet.

Back