• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] The Player Characters

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
  • Spoiler:

What are your thoughts on the player characters? We haven't seen much yet, but which do you think you would pick? How do their designs stack up to previous player characters?

Do you reckon we'll get character customisation again?!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Personally, I'm a big fan of the female character's design, and the male design is not bad as well. And I'm sure character customization will come to play, hopefully, because I saw some trainer wears special clothing when entering what I presumed to be Pokémon League.

Last edited:

LuluRina

I got this feelin' inside my bones
    Years
  • Honestly, when I first saw the girl character, I was like "Thats me"
    Because I have short hair, hazel eyes, and I don't really like to stand out xD

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • The female once again seems to have a superior design, but I do like the male as well with the clothing. The Female strongly reminds of Uraraka from My Hero Academia.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Don't particularly care for either tbh, but that's what customization is for! Let's see if the official art changes my initial impressions though.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Since it is related to the player character, what do you guys think their names would be? Sword and Shield would be harder to come up with a name although, lately it seems like they have been giving them basic names with no real reason.

As for customization, I think that is a must at this point, I just hope it is XY like and not LGPE.

Years
  • The female looks great once again, but the guy... I could go out and get 10 guys just like him in a minute. Really generic looks. But it actually isn't a bad now that I think about it, because it will be customizable. Also that weird squared bag looks weird. I really hope for bags from Kalos to return.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    I really like these trainers!

The girl looks really pretty. I think I might just change the hair and that's it. Can't wait to customize them!

As for the guy he doesn't look half-bad either. Reminds me of a lot of the guys I see around my college campus. Looks normal enough that I can buy it. Anyways they are a major upgrade from the last gen.

I think the reason why some of the trainers look so generic in current year is because we can customize them. You don't need to spend a lot of time making a character people like when you can just change it. This is why the S/M/USUM protags look so bland. I guarantee the only reason they were designed that way was so the player could have something to start off with.

Years
  • The female looks great once again, but the guy... I could go out and get 10 guys just like him in a minute. Really generic looks. But it actually isn't a bad now that I think about it, because it will be customizable. Also that weird squared bag looks weird. I really hope for bags from Kalos to return.

I actually think the bags are finally an appropriate size for us literally going out on a world-wide escapade.

Years
  • I actually think the bags are finally an appropriate size for us literally going out on a world-wide escapade.
    That's a good argument that makes me like the bags a little more. But now I hope there will be a tent or something like that as an item for us players to use.

Years
  • I think they both look fantastic. I'm hopeful we'll get trainer customization back - it'd be kinda silly to not have it after including it for two generations. I def like the female more than the male protrag tho.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I'm loving the designs. Especially because the female character has a backpack instead of a purse. 😂

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I like the girl--she looks like Tsugumi from Bang Dream! lmfao. The male looks okay, but I hope we can wear different clothes other than these. Not liking the male's shirt much atm.

Pig

Angry ecologist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    I'm also voting for customization, but as for the preview, I think everyone's in favor of the girl's design

Back