• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Playstation 4 (Coming to NA. on Friday, Nov. 15th!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • The Playstation 4  (Coming to NA. on Friday, Nov. 15th!)

Following Sony's press conference on February 20, 2013, the "Playstation 4" was confirmed to be the successor to the Playstation 3. Now the console will be officially released to North America, on Friday, Nov. 15th. Here are some tings about the Playstation 4:

Spoiler:

Now then this thread's main purpose is to discuss all about the Playstation 4. Will you be getting the playstation 4? If so, what features are you excited about? If not, whynot? Feel free to share all thoughts here!

TY

I want to get this so badly cause of all the next-gen stuff, but i just have to pick either this, or a new gaming PC, but i will get it for sure, if not now, in a few months i will. I've always bought the Playstation consoles and i will continue doing so.

Years
  • Out of the next gen consoles this is the one I will get... just not yet. I haven't seen too much that makes me think I need one right now. I still have life in my PS3, also I have a PC

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
    Years
  • It'll come out on 29 November here, the same day as Super Mario 3D World comes out.
    But I'm not sure I'll get a PS4 or not, I've had a PS3 and PS Vita as well, and I just still can't get used to their Interfaces, Franchises, Near, etc.

Years
  • It's out on the 29th here, I'm hoping to get one for Christmas to replace my broken xbox.

The launch titles are really uninspiring though, it's basically a choice between average sports games and fps. I'm sure I'll be wishing for Watch_Dogs for a good few months.

Zet

Years
  • Also coming out November 29th here. And I'll be picking it up along with Killzone and NFS: Rivals. And if my internet is good enough, I'll also be streaming them on the day.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Has anyone on here picked this up yet? I was deciding on getting this over the Xbox One, but the Xbox One received amazing reviews. Now I'm not sure which console I want. :/

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • I have one and I love it, but you should really let the games decide. That is the most important part of a gaming console. Don't buy one based on a launch reviews. These machines are going to evolve over the next 7-10 years and the bugs will eventually get ironed out. Take a good look at the lineups over the next 6 months to a year and decide which one looks more appealing...or even better take a look back at the last generation and see who's exclusives you liked more or found more enticing.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Oh please, I got mine on the 13th, two days before official release date ;b

Haha really though, I won the promo Taco Bell was doing with the Big Box codes, where you "play the future" or whatever. Was a pretty nice surprise, as I bought the Big Box because I was extremely hungry not even really caring about the code. I got a $5 PlayStation 4 though so I'm pretty damn happy about that!

MKGirlism

Years
  • In Japan, I assume?
    It's weird, but Americans, Australians, and some Europeans have the both Consoles this year, most Europeans have the PS4 this year and Xbox One next year, and Asians have both Consoles next year.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • In Japan, I assume?
    It's weird, but Americans, Australians, and some Europeans have the both Consoles this year, most Europeans have the PS4 this year and Xbox One next year, and Asians have both Consoles next year.
    Yup, Japan.
    I'm only guessing they're delaying the release since there's a lack of games on both PS4/Xbox1 that appeals to Japanese gamers in general right now.

Well, at least it's not a year long wait :/

MKGirlism

Years
  • Well, I do understand the big delay of the Xbox One in Japan, rating the Xbox 360 sales, you can clearly see Japanese people aren't really fund at non-Japanese Game Consoles.

Years
  • I'm getting a PS Vita soon, mainly because of Little Big Planet... but that might sway me in the direction of getting a PS4 eventually, due to the connectivity. That said, I won't be getting one if the games aren't good, so right now I couldn't care less.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I probably won't be getting the PS4 for a while, but I had the chance to play it since some friends got it. I only played Killzone: Shadow Fall, but it's really nice to know that the specs are finally good enough to support games that both look good and run at 60 FPS(albeit a pretty inconsistent 60 FPS). I can't complain enough about how cheap the PS4 controller feels though. The D-Pad, face buttons, and general texture feel very cheap, and only the triggers feel noticeably better. The UI also took a turn for the worse, and from what I've seen, it's some weird bastard child of social media sites, the XMB and the Metro UI.

Maybe I'll get used to it, but this is just my opinion with the little time I've used it.

Toddler Naruto

Playful Explorer
    Years
  • I want a PS4 myself, but they're still too expensive. I'll probably wait until the eventual price drop to $300 New, and hopefully they'll also have at least 50+ games that I'd want to play, that I couldn't already get on PS3.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • This thread is over a month old, so, I'm afraid I'm going to have to lock this; but feel free to make a new thread about the PS4! :3

*locks*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back