• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PokéAmulets [Revised & Redone]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbit

where is my mind?
Years
  • Chapter 1 - #1

The letter came on the 10th, encased in a larger envelope containing two handwritten pages from his mother. It had come to Verdanturf (she wrote) and she was forwarding it on. Everything was fine back home. His Pokemon missed him already. Samantha was being a handful, staying out late on school nights and getting all sorts of bad habits. She hoped he wasn't feeling sick, since the flu was going around...

The letter interrupted this everyday banality. Alexander stared at it for a while, reading and rereading the printed lines. "You have been chosen..." For what? A promotional event? The letter seemed too transparent to be a scam. "This is very important." Far too transparent.

The name Truan meant nothing to him. Four (Floe) Island, he knew, was one in the Sevii Archipelago down south, not suitable for a vacation spot but a popular destination for Pokemon trainers, who flocked to it like pilgrims to a saint's tomb. Yes, there could be some sort of research falicity there. He had never gone himself. But the journey could not take more than a day. At the most, he could be there and back within three days, which wouldn't put him back far in terms of coursework. The calender on the left side wall was crammed with pen lines trumpeting due dates and test days, but none were before the 25th.

The matter settled in his mind, he smiled with satisfaction and pinned the letter to his corkboard, where it hung in full view until the 17th.

Meanwhile Alexander busied himself on campus, sticking his face into every classroom, spreading around the name Truan. Nobody knew it. The students merely shrugged. The professors stared as though woken from a deep slumber: they were so deeply entrenched in their classes, history, that current events reached them as a distant cry and they only stirred briefly. Alexander concluded that the Professor was either new to the field, or else very modest and kept a low profile.

The last step, as the 18th approached, was to pack his things into a duffle bag on wheels and bid goodbye to the university. Passing through downtown Slateport, he stopped at the Pokemon Centre and imported three pokemon - Nix, Kelby, and Jackie. Then he hailed a cab.

"To the harbour," he said through the window.

His driver was talkative and wanted to know where Alexander was going. "Floe Island," he said. "I have some business there," and smiled brightly. He was watching the driver through the rearview mirror over a bowl of Chinese take out, beef and rice. The rain had suddenly begun bucketing down and it was all the windshield wipers could do to keep the view ahead from smearing into a watercolour mess. Through the cab windows Alexander could make out a gloomy morning sky and a parallel river of traffic, fragmented into a grey mosaic by the drops of rain on the glass. His poke balls were in the pockets of his long brown coat.

When Alexander stepped out onto the tarmac it was still pouring. The ferry was in sight, taking on a long line of passengers, families and couples waiting patiently with their umbrellas open. He opened his as well (it was white and grey) and joined them, the duffel bag in his other hand, and paced the pavement for a while before boarding. The smartly dressed attendant took his ticket and handed him a stub with his room number on it. The lounge was warm and stuffy...

Chapter 1 -#2

Alexander wasn't new to cruises; this was his third. Again, the problem presented to him was what to do with his time. Depending on the weather, the trip would take 18 hours. Blessedly, sleeping would take up 8 of those hours, and meals in the large white dining hall would take up 2 more, but what of the rest? He began with a brief overview of his room. It was a small, modestly furnished bedroom with a door on the right leading to the bathroom. A desk with a chair stood by the wide window that opened onto the balcony: he checked that the lock worked. In one corner was a potted plant. The menu of the day was lying on the royal blue coverlet, which was propped up by two large pillows. Beside the bed, an oval braided rug in white and blue covered the wooden floor. The bathroom was clean and contained dailiy necessities such as soap and a set of towels. The overall effect was neat and pleasing to the eye. Alexander was satisfied and unpacked at once, making himself master of the room. The second thing he did was let out his Pokemon at last. They crowded around, greeting him in their different voices. Nix sat on the bed, testing the quality of the pillows; Jackie went sniffing around the floor and followed the trail into the bathroom; Kelby ran in circles for a little while, then curled up on the coverlet like a large yellow cat.

After a late, second breakfast in the buffet with the other passengers Alexander extended his initial exploration to the hallways and corridors of the ship. Walking down the long blue carpet between the rooms, his shoulders straight and his hands folded behind his back, he took note of which doors were closed and which were open, which were silent and which were radiating sounds of life. He found the janitorial closet, and the emergency map (In Case Of Fire), which he studied facetiously, his face close to the glass, and memorized. In another hallway he found a troupe of children running to and fro, almost bouncing off the wall, and was glad that his room was in a different part of the ship. One of the boys, sighting the houndoom by Alexander's heels, timidly approached and asked for a battle.

Alexander laughed and accepted. The boy couldn't have been older than 11, and his actions seemed typical of the young trainer. He brought out his snubull, which growled and gnashed its teeth. Jackie tensed and prepared to leap.

"Ember!" The dog belched fire at his opponent; the snubbull yelped and jumped back from the smoke and pain.

"Tackle!" The snubbull charged, ramming the houndoom's side and almost knocking him over, but Jackie was a good five pounds heavier and kept his feet planted firmly on the ground.

"Bite!" Jackie leapt at his opponent's throat, who tried to counter with his own jaws. The houndoom jumped back out of range and circled, lunging and retreating, lunging and retreating. The snubbull turned left and right, trying to tackle the moving target, but Jackie's teeth found their mark first and the snubbull toppled, helpless though still growling.

The kid, recalling his pokemon, seemed more than a little stunned. Cringing mentally, Alexander continued down the hall with victorious Jackie in tow. He wished the younger trainers weren't so quick with following the Guide, which stated that trainers had to battle if their eyes so much as met - but he put the incident aside quickly and continued onto the balcony that stretched around the upper passenger levels.

In this manner he became familiar with the whole of the ship, both its machinery and the people who kept it running. By evening he had been on the lower levels and caught a glimpse of the engine room. Striding past the attendants in their blue coats, he smiled, and they, thinking him quite strange, raised their caps politely.

In the morning he woke early, impatient to arrive, and watched the grey dawn from his window. The clock read 7 am (daylight savings, you know). Breakfast would be served in two hours at the least, and his mind would not let him sit still, so he dressed and went up onto the deck where he stood at the railing, face into the cold wind that filled his ears and made his coat billow, and scratched Jackie's head, who sat habitually at his side (Nix and Kelby were still sleeping in their poke balls). For a time it seemed like the occupants of the ship were in slumber, and the calling of wingulls and the rush of the wind were the only sounds, but after a time he noticed voices behind him, and turned to look.

He could see three figures, two male and one female, and although it was hard to tell in the dim
    light, the scene looked violent: one of the men had forced the woman up against the railing; then she kicked out, and one of the men was down on the deck instead. Drawing his loat coat around him, Alexander made his way closer to the trio, stepping carefully to disguise the sound of his footfalls. But they didn't seem to be listening; at least, they hadn't noticed the gallade approaching from behind.

From a distance, he could see how the gallade took each man in hand and unceremoniously dumped them overboard. The young woman - he could tell her age now - had straightened up, holding a vulpix in her arms, when he had come close enough to shout - "Hey!" He waved, smiling sheepishly and biting his tongue. An impulse made him step to the side of the railing and look overboard, scanning the choppy waves for the figures of the two men before looking up at Lauren again, perturbed. "What about those two...?"

{ooc: There, that gets me up to date with your character, DGexe. Unfortunately I'll be gone until Tuesday, so no replies from me till then.}

Last edited:

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Soon Grey found himself slowly falling asleep, though his Pokemon eagerly wanted to play. Spheal was rolling around on the floor, trying to ram into Ralts who would quickly teleport away. Zubat was flapping his wing as fast as he could, trying to do somthing, but what that somthing was Grey didn't know. Someone knocked at the door.

Grey started drowsily sleeptalking,"Ohh, good... I guess its time to get off the... ship...,"

"Ha! The ship isn't even halfway to Slateport," a man said with a crimson-red 'R' on his shirt as he barged into Grey's room. "Come on out, Koffing!"

"Kof-Koffkoff,"the Pokemon said, threatiningly.

Grey was wide awake now. He realized that he was in a battle.

"Come on, Spheal! Lets just finish this before it starts!" Spheal came up and stood at attention ready to attack. "Aura Beam!" Grey yelled. The Pokemon gathered a rainbow colored energy in its mouth, then suddenly shot it at the Koffing.

"Koffing, use sludge!" the Pokemon gathered sludge from who knows where, and hurled it at Spheal. Spheal became poisoned, slowly losing health little by little.

"Spheal, use ice ball!" Grey said. A small ball of ice formed around Spheal, and Spheal pushed it across the room to hit Koffing. The his was succesful, but Spheal was still losing health little by little.

"Koffing, use assurance!" The Koffing was mad, and didn't want to listen to its owner. Instead, it used selfdestruct. It sounded as if a bomb went off, automatically fainting the Koffing. The grunt ran up and caught the Koffing out of the air. "You dumb, dumb Pokemon!" he muttered.

Even though the foe already fainted, Spheal fainted too. Grey ran up and picked up his Pokemon. The grunt was already gone. "Ralts, watch over Zubat, and stay here. I'll be at the healing center," Grey was out of the door before he said 'center'. He ran down the halls untill he found Nurse Joy. "Nurse Joy, can you heal my Spheal?"

"Yes, just let me see him." Grey handed the nurse his Spheal, who gave it to Blissey to go heal. Grey waited for a few minutes before Blissey came back with Spheal.

"Thanks so much," Grey said as a man said over the intercom: "We have arrived at Slateport City. Please get off the ship before we leave for the Battle Tower."

{OOC: I'll have to edit this later, I need to leave}

Last edited:

BigfootTheUnbeatable

Phillies World Champions 2008!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2009
    Chapter 1-Four Island Part 1

Damn, this is quite a setback, Ryan thought to himself.

He had already gotten up, brushes his teeth, and eaten his breakfast. Aron, Poliwag, and Charizard were all ready to go too. This was supposed to be his first day of the start of his Hoenn journey, apparently not. This, Professor Truan, had sent him a strange letter, telling him to come to Four Island in Kanto immediately. Ryan would not like to return to Kanto. Too many bad things had happened there. However this seemed urgent, and appeared like it was important.

But nothing was more important then starting his Pokemon Journey. This Professor Truan would have to do with out him. Ryan paced back and forth in the kitchen, before picking up his belongings and some bacon and walking out the door. Ryan looked at the city of Mossdeep. It was a nice city, and had been his home for close to 3 years now. It was finally time to go.

Ryan released the pokeball containing Charizard. The enormous orange dragon roared as he was released. Aron and Poliwag were already out of their pokeballs, jumping around, excited about the new quest they were about to embark on. The three jumped on Charizard's back. Ryan felt warm inside as he remembered his father's last words to him before going to his work today. It was finally his time.

Charizard took off with a flap of his wings, leaving a small gust of wind behind. Soon, they were in the air, flying towards Lilycove City, where they would stop and get supplies at the large department store there. For a second, Ryan's mind drifted back to that mysterious letter from Professor Truan, but dismissed it. Now was the time to focus. His goal was to be the best.

Little did he know, he would soon be brought to Professor Truan, whether he liked it or not...

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • Chapter 1 cont. - Dumb Luck

Finally making it into Saffron City, Gale took the time to take in the breathtaking sites around her. So...large... she thought as she gazed up at the towering skyscrapers. But Goldenrod is much, much bigger, I do believe... She then noticed a seemingly homeless person (as practically any middle-class and even upper-class person can pull off a homeless person act just to get free food or money) sitting to the side of the largest building in Saffron. After watching him for a couple minutes, the man suddenly got up and walked away aimlessly. Gale assumed he was either drunk, or he was off to beg for money from others. She headed south towards the gateway, and continued on her way to Vermilion.

Vermilion - not as big as Saffron, but perhaps more sanitized? At least, that's what Gale had in mind. This was where she was to embark on the ship to Four Island, but she still didn't have a Rainbow Pass.

"Excuse me... Gale?" a voice called from behind. Gale swiveled a complete 180, and saw Jasmine running towards her.

"Um... Hi! Why are you here?" Gale asked curiously. Jasmine took a second to catch her breath, then made eye contact with Gale.

"Well, you see... I wanted to go to Celadon to get some items for my Ampharos. After all, there are some items you can get in Celdaon that you can't get in Goldenrod." Gale had to agree with that, even though she had never been to Celadon. "And so I just got off the boat from Olivine. What are you doing here?" Jasmine added patiently.

"Well, I need to get to Four Island... But I need a Rainbow Pass..." Gale said, sighly monotonously. Jasmine immediately whipped over her shoulder her small purse, and at once pulled out a pass of some sort. Gale stared at the pass in amazement; it had a gorgeous rainbow with the seven colors (INCLUDING indigo; Gale hated how that color was sometimes not included), and the background was as blue as the sky in the daytime.

"Is this what you are looking for?" Jasmine asked merrily. "Well, I honestly don't need it, so you can have it..." She squeezed the card into Gale's hands and walked away. Gale looked at the card, dumbfounded that it was that easy to get a Rainbow Pass. I need to start befriending more people... she thought as she headed towards Vermilion's dock.

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
  • ~Chapter I: Four Island~
    You had to ask that... ?​

"Hm?" Lauren slowly turned around on her heel, tensing up for another fight; it appeared that the slight shock from the last one had not dissappated yet. Her dull colored eyes narrowed and locked onto Alexander. Just behind her, Regnorik appeared to look slightly more calm, but he couldn't help placing a hand protectively on his trainer's shoulder.

"..." She arched a chocolate brown brow at him and watched as he looked for the overboard Sasarky brothers. The other eyebrow arched at the question that soon followed; she snorted with disgusted.

"Wha' 'bout them? If they 'ave their old teams still, they'll survive," she announced rather uncaringly as she turned for her original destination; her room. "Don't give a damn 'bout Team Rocket; isn't worth it. Come along, Regnorik."

Sensing that resistance would be met with more annoyance than either human or Gallade wished to deal with, the Pokemon bowed apologeticly to Alexander and turned to leave with the brunette.

KingKaos

Non-legendary Pokemon FTW!
    Years
  • Training before the journey

"Oh my, I can't belive you are so cute, Kuma. At first I thought you could only love and nuture Pokemon, but now it's different. After looking into those eyes, I realize that you are the one I want to be my boyfriend." "Do you really mean that, Lily? I felt the same way when I first met you and now you are telling me you did too. This is what I have been waiting for." "Come to me my dear Kuma." "Here I come my sweet Lily." Kuma runs toward Lily. As he runs he seems to get a weird feeling from his side. He turns around and sees Croagunk holding out her hand ready to deliver a Poison Jab. Kuma turns around to look at Lily for help. He turns around and finds that there is an army of Croagunks each ready to use Poison Jab. "How coulod this sweet dream turn into such an awful nightmare!" screams Kuma. The Croagunks jump into the air and prepare to dive. Kuma closes his eyes and feels a jab in his side. Kuma springs out of his bed and lands on the floor made of oak. "That dream must have been my reality." he groans.

After that he looks up and sees that Croagink is nowhere to be found. The room is empty and clean. "Grandma must have cleaned my room last night. As a heavy sleeper I couldn't even hear her vacuum. I wonder where the others are?" so he goes to his window. When he looks out the window, he sees that his Pokemon are training with his Grandparents. His grandfather was using Rhyhorn and Fearow, while Grandmother used Growlithe. Croagunk was dodging a Flamewheel, Piplup was having a battle of the strongest Pecks against Fearow, and Eevee was trying his hand at using speed to overcome Rhyhorn. Kuma looked on and then heard an alarm go off. He searched his room looking for the sound. He finally opened his drawer and saw his alarm clock was the cause of the noise. He grabs it and shuts it off. However, he notices that under the clock there is a letter. He grabs the letter and opens it. The letter reads: Congratulations! You have been chosen. You must meet me, Professor Truan at 9:00 on November 18th on Four Island (date due to change). Once you come and see me I will explain why you have been chosen, and what you must do. This is very important. I will see you soon.

~Prof. Truan

Kuma takes the letter and throws it in the trash. "I can't have these complications. I have to start training for entering Pokemon Contest. Once that's done I may go to this "Four Island", but not right now." says Kuma. He packs up his stuff into a bag, gets dressed, and heads downstairs. He notices breakfast is not on the table. His stomach begins to grumble and so he goes outside. He goes out the door and into the crossfire of the three on three battle. The attacks hit him hard and he falls over. Kuma slowly opens his eyes again and sees his Grandparents and the Pokemon standing around him.

"We are so sorry dear, but we wanted to get some training done with your Pokemon. We were going to wake you, but you kept talking about Lily and so I knew it was a sweet dream. Us Grandmothers never wake kids from sweet dreams." says Kuma's grandmother. A chill runs down his back and he sees that Croagunk is preapring a Poison Jab. Kuma quickly hides behind his Grandparents. Croagunk continues to stare Kuma bullets. Kuma's grandmother prepares breakfast for the whole family. They each eat and when they are full go outside. Kuma goes up the stairs and packs his stuff to get ready for his journey. "I will be gone for a while. My friend said their training is really rigorious. I have to be ready for everything on this trip." he puts his bag on his back and leaves out the house. Piplup and Eevee are each on his shoulder and Croagunk is walking alongside him. After two hours of walking, they arrive at their destination. However, Kuma notices that the door has been kicked down and the house is dark. "This is not good," Kuma remarks.

An Arbok jumps out of the house along with a Raticate, and Houndour. Two trainer come out of the windows with Kuma's friend tied up. They turn around and notice Kuma. "Rick, looks like we have been spotted. We should take care of him too." says the man dressed in black. The men dressed in black also have "R's" on their chest. The Pokemon under their control begin to move towards Kuma. Kuma prepares for a battle.

Eletj

Once Eletj, Always Eletj
    Years
  • Chapter 1:
    Part 2:

Toby gasped. There before him, was a full scale attack on Blackthorn Gym. Clair and Koga were holding out valiantly, but without help, they wouldn't last long. Toby blew his whistle, and a low growling sound was heard. 7 Dragonairs erupted from Dragon's Den. The sky rumbled. The rain poured down. D flew higher, and Toby pointed his sword towards the attackers.

"Dragons! ATTACK!" He charged forward, his posse of dragons close behind. He scanned the area. The closest attackers were using some weird, metalliac pokemon. It looked like a silver rock with four arms. Toby finally got a look at them. They were wearing black uniforms, with a big R imprinted on the front. They also had a pair of black hound pokemon leading them. They seemed to dislike the rain, Toby guessed they were fire-type pokemon.

"Dragons! HYDRO PUMP!!" 8 blasts of water streamed from the dragons' mouths, hitting the pokemon dead-on. The hounds cringed before the water rushed into them, and fainted almost instantly. The rock-like pokemon showed no signs of weakness.

"Dragons! DRAGON RUSH!" The 8 Dragons sped at the pokemon, energy encircling them. They smashed into the rocks, sending them hurling back. Toby checked one last time, before flying to Clair.

"You alright?" He asked.
    "Nothing a bit of rest won't fix. Lance is inside with their commander". An eruption from inside confirmed this. "Toby, theres something I want you to see". She pulled out an envolope, handing it to Toby. He ripped it open, and red the letter aloud.
    Congratulations! You have been chosen. You must meet me, Professor Truan at 9:00 on November 18th on Four Island (date due to change). Once you come and see me I will explain why you have been chosen, and what you must do. This is very important. I will see you soon.

~Prof. Truan

"Proffessor Truan? Ever heard of them?" he asked.
    "No, never... It could be a trap".
    "Of course its a trap. Thats why I have to go. Think you can handle things from here?" Clair laughed.
    "A couple of weaklings like this? Don't you have more faith in your auntie!"
    "Todays the 18th, I better go now". Toby climbed onto Deedee's back. "Tell Uncle Lance I said Goodbye!" Then he was gone, a fast speck on the horizon.

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
  • On the road to Four Island!
    Part 1.

Congratulations! You have been chosen. You must meet me, Professor Truan at 9:00 on November 18th on Four Island (date due to change). Once you come and see me I will explain why you have been chosen, and what you must do. This is very important. I will see you soon.

~Prof. Truan

Tamika's eyes scanned the letter over and over again, until she tore her gaze away from the paper and sighed. How the heck am I supposed to get to four Island. Tamika and her Pokémon were resting at Slateport's beach, she glanced at her Golduck, who was sitting beside her, watching Pachirisu and Houndour goof off with amused red eyes, well more like Pachirisu was annoying the hound, who was resting on the warm sand, soaking up the sun's rays. Pachirisu was poking Houndour, who just shut his eyes and tried to ignore the electric Pokémon and not be provoked.

Spear was sitting on the opposite side of Tamika, quietly nibbling on a Lava Cookie. Tami frowned while she glanced at the Beedrill. Its not like Spear could fly me all the way there and Golduck might get tired, carrying me for that long. "Hmm maybe I can catch a boat, I mean we are at Slateport City, but who can I ask that'll be willing enough to lend me a boat" Tamika turned to Golduck, who glanced back "Hey Golduck, you know if there are any boat's sailing off to Kanto" Golduck shook his head. No. I don't know. He replied and Tamika pouted "I see, well then I guess we should start looking around then" Tami stood up and brushed off the sand "Houndour! Pachirisu! Get over here guys, we've got work to do."

Houndour yawned and stretched briefly, before standing up and trotting over to Tamika, Pachirisu hopped on Houndour's back catching a ride "Alright. Here's the plan guys" Tamika began looking at the 4 of her Pokémon "Divide and conquer, I need you guys to search around and maybe asks some of the native Slateport Pokémon if there's anyway we could catch a boat to Kanto, got it?" the four nodded "Alright. We meet back here in One hour, so get going!" Golduck was the first to go, heading towards the waters near the beach, while Pachirisu and Houndour ran into town and Spear looked around nervously "oh C'mon Spear, you take to the skies and go talk to the bird Pokémon and stuff" Spear looked at Tamika with wide red eyes.

"You want to come with me don't you?"

When Spear nodded and hovered beside her buzzing Tamika smiled before giving an exasperated sigh "Alright, but after this you gotta start doing stuff on your own Spear..... we're gonna work on that okay" the Beedrill responded with a happy buzz before the two walked... well Spear flew but you get the point, into town.
    +-+-+-+-+-+

"I can't believe after all that looking, no one knew where to catch a boat to Kanto" Tamika was sitting on the sand glumly with an equally saddened Spear by her side, the two had no luck in finding a ride to Kanto. Spear floated beside her and nudged her with one of his stingers Tamika looked at Spear, who gave her an apologetic smile "Aww I didn't mean to be so down Spear, a-and you did nothing wrong, its just... I feel like I'm letting the Professor down."

There was a loud bark in the distance.

"Chipa! Chipachiii!"

Tamika looked up and saw Pachirisu and Houndour running towards her she smiled hopefully as the duo made their way over to her and Spear "Hey guys, you find anything" Houndour shook his head no, as did Pachirisu her hopes were shattered and she lowered her head "Oh" Tamika sighed sadly and folded her arms across her chest "Looks like we won't be getting to Four Island in time......"

Oh quit being such a drama queen

Tamika blinked and watched as Golduck came walking towards her "Golduck! Does that mean you found someone?" the blue duck nodded and stepped aside, there was an old man trailing behind him with a Wingull perched on his shoulder "Ahoy there!" he waved "I hear your in a bit of trouble" Tamika nodded "Yes, but who are you and why are you following my Golduck"

The old man laughed "Aye, I'm Mr. Briney and this is my darling Peeko, she has a tendency to find trouble wherever she goes..." he stated with a kind smile before starting his story "Well, Peeko and I were at the beach, waiting for a friend but Peeko was getting a bit restless so she went out in the water to play... only she didn't know the water was Sharpedo infested, the mean ol Sharpedo attacked Peeko and I couldn't do anything to help, but then your Golduck came and clobbered those bullies, if it weren't for him, my poor Peeko would've been seriously hurt" Briney smiled softly while he pet his Wingull on the head "I owe your Golduck Peeko's safety, so when he came to me for help, I couldn't turn him down" The light that had died in Tamika's eyes quickly came back as she stared at the old man "But... are you sure you'll be able to help us get to Four Island... I mean you must've been at Slateport for a reason"

"Yeah there was a reason, but my work is done here, I just had to drop May off so she could deliver a letter to Captain Stern, she called me and told me that she was done and is continuing to Mauville City, so I'm free to do as I please, isn't that right Peeko" Mr. Briney asked his Wingull, who nodded from her spot on his shoulder "It will probably take us a couple of days to reach Vermillion City and once there you can catch the S.S Tidal to Four Island"

"Really! Thanks so much Mr. Briney!"

"No Problem, now come along, my boat isn't to far from here"

Tamika nodded and recalled Spear, Golduck and Houndour, while Pachirisu hopped onto her shoulder "Okay! We're on the road to Four Island!"

"Chipa Chipa!"

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
  • Ch. 1 - #3

Her animosity came as a surprise to him, and Alexander's eyebrows rose as well. It puzzled him. Wasn't it natural to have some concern for the flinging overboard of people, criminals or not? Something important must have happened here, and he had missed it. The wind blew his hair left and right as he watched her departing figure disappear into the dusky morning light.

He placed his hands on the railing and looked overboard a second time, searching the water for any bobbing shapes. All he could see was the white wake the ship threw aside as it churned through the waves. The men would be far behind by now, too far to throw them a lifering. This knowledge did not stop him from running the length of the ship, not bothering to muffle the sound this time, and checking. He folded his arms on the cold metal railing and studied the portion of ocean within visibility as the wind buffetted the back of his neck. It was futile. All he could see was a strip of pink sky beneath a tall cover of dark cloud, heralding the morning.

When Alexander turned back, Jackie was whining and pawing at his shoe, cleary saying that there were more fun things to do than staring at the ocean. He decided to leave the matter alone for the time being. The young woman would probably be at breakfast; maybe he would get some information out of her then. In good spirits once more, he returned to the interior of the ship, stepping gratefully into the warmth of the stairwell.

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
  • ~Chapter I: Four Island~
    Mmm.... Pi*

And at breakfast Lauren was, when that time came. The journey to Four Island was growing closer to its end, and it was making the woman a tad antsy. She sat at one of the long tables set up for meal time, towards one corner close to the dining hall's exit. Rosiary was settled in her lap, occasionally poking her head over the edge of the table to sniff at it. And of course, she was swatted back down by her trainer.

"Now, now, Rose; tha's enough. I already fed ya back in th' room. No need t' get t' m' stuff too," the woman muttered as she glanced about the room. With any luck, the Sasarky brothers were still floating out on the ocean on Luis' Blastoise... But still, this hope, mixed with how close to her destination she was, made for an interesting set of anxious reactions.

[*Title taken from the back of a shirt my math analysis teacher owns.]​

Pheonix987

Nyan, nyan, myancology...
    Years
  • My RP character

Name:Granite Sonberg
    Type of Mineral:Rock(granite)
    Appereance:He is very raggedy. He has brown eyes. He has a normalish(more thinner)body. Granite's height is 5"6. He has a thin,cheerful face. His hair is black and messy(like Harry Potter's hair). He wears a black vest on a red turtleneck. He has a grey and black cap that has a boulder on it(he wears it backwards.). He has 1 glove on his right hand(where the amulet is kept)which is green. His pants are simple jeans. His brown mountain boots has hidden pouches for his pokeballs. He carrys an orange backpack.
    Personality:He is very wild and determined to do whatever he wants to do. If he has a goal,he will never stop trying to get it. He is also very dark and holds many secrets. He also shares a strong bond with other pokemon and trusts them with his life. But he is very short-tempered and nasty. He is also calm and cool(for some reason),and very sneaky. If he would be your friend,you would be proud to have a friend like him.
    History:His dad died a few hours after his birth,trying to get to the hospital as fast as possible. He skidded on ice(it was in winter)and crashed into a truck. Both drivers were killed. His mom heard the news and died of shock,so Granite was moved to an orphange. He hated there. Every night he thought of leaving,so he stole food,tents and other stuff he needed to survive(he was 6 then.). 1 month later,he quietly snuck out of the orphange and went to the Viridian Forest. He had survived all these years in the forest. He made some pokemon friends there,too.
    Other:He owns a mountain bike. He can control rocks in any way. He can also transform into a rock for a surprise attack.
    Where he will start:Viridian Forest
    Pokemon:

Name:Aerodactyl
    Level:30
    Moves:Wing attack,Ancientpower,Hyper Beam,Fissure
    Nature:Brave
    History:Granite found it injured in the forest(his wing was badly damaged) and cured it. He let him go,but Aerodactyl won't go,so Granite took him in. They are best friends now.

Name:Gallade
    Moves:Leaf Blade,Psycho Cut,Fire Punch,Sky Uppercut
    Nature:Lax
    History:When he had been found,everyone laughed at him because he looked wierd. Granite found the trainers kicking at it and he saved the Gallade. Gallade would like to return the favor.

THE END

Last edited:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • Name:Granite Sonberg
    Type of Mineral:Rock(granite)
    Appereance:He is very raggedy. He has brown eyes. He has a normalish(more thinner)body. Granite's height is 5"6. He has a thin,cheerful face. His hair is black and messy(like Harry Potter's hair). He wears a black vest on a red turtleneck. He has a grey and black cap that has a boulder on it(he wears it backwards.). He has 1 glove on his right hand(where the amulet is kept)which is green. His pants are simple jeans. His brown mountain boots has hidden pouches for his pokeballs. He carrys an orange backpack.
    Personality:He is very wild and determined to do whatever he wants to do. If he has a goal,he will never stop trying to get it. He is also very dark and holds many secrets. He also shares a strong bond with other pokemon and trusts them with his life. But he is very short-tempered and nasty. He is also calm and cool(for some reason),and very sneaky. If he would be your friend,you would be proud to have a friend like him.
    History:His dad died a few hours after his birth,trying to get to the hospital as fast as possible. He skidded on ice(it was in winter)and crashed into a truck. Both drivers were killed. His mom heard the news and died of shock,so Granite was moved to an orphange. He hated there. Every night he thought of leaving,so he stole food,tents and other stuff he needed to survive(he was 6 then.). 1 month later,he quietly snuck out of the orphange and went to the Viridian Forest. He had survived all these years in the forest. He made some pokemon friends there,too.
    Other:He owns a mountain bike. He can control rocks in any way. He can also transform into a rock for a surprise attack.
    Where he will start:Viridian Forest
    Pokemon:

Name:Aerodactyl
    Moves:Wing attack,Ancientpower,Hyper Beam,Fissure
    Nature:Brave
    History:Granite found it injured in the forest(his wing was badly damaged) and cured it. He let him go,but Aerodactyl won't go,so Granite took him in. They are best friends now.

Name:Gallade
    Moves:Leaf Blade,Psycho Cut,Fire Punch,Sky Uppercut
    Nature:Lax
    History:When he had been found,everyone laughed at him because he looked wierd. Granite found the trainers kicking at it and he saved the Gallade. Gallade would like to return the favor.

THE END
    (Um... Signups have been closed for some time, unless Chi removed someone. Not trying to mini-mod, but...)

Chapter 1 cont. - Arrived?

The ship ride to Four Island took roughly 30 minutes, since after all, the boat was moving at top speed. Barely able to stand up without losing her balance a few times, Gale found the ride to be a bit of a terror. When the ship finally stopped, Gale let out a small sigh.

"We have now arrived at One Island," the person in the overheard called. "We will then go to Two Island, and so on..." Muttering angrily, Gale sat on her bed and growled. Come on, come on, she thought. How long will it take???

Three more half hour trips, with the ten minute breaks in between, and she was there. About time, Gale thought, exiting the boat quietly. Now to find Truan... She headed outside the ship, and was immediately surrounded by many people.

"Whoa, you're like, so hot!" a young fugly man exclaimed. "Come with us, bab~y!" Gale shook her head.

"Mess with me and you're doomed," she explained sternly, her hands on her hips. The men backed off, then laughed.

"She's too girly to do such!" one shouted.

"Yeah! She probably doesn't know anything about 'love'!" another said.

"C'mon, darling, come with us. You'll have a fine time," a third one added. At once, the PokeBalls came flying out. The four Pokemon stared the older men down, and they cowered again.

"She's got Pokemon! Head for the hills!!!" they shouted simultaneously, running away at top speed. Ruby turned and looked at Gale, as if making sure she was all right. Gale gave a nod of approval, and Ruby seemed to sigh a bit. Lace looked like she was going to destroy those men if they tried to get at Gale again, and so forth. Recalling her loyal Pokemon, Gale decided it'd be best to head towards the Pokemon Center for the time being.

(OK, you meant two posts MINIMUM, and not MAXIMUM, right? O.o)

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
  • Ch.1 - #4

Alexander came into the cafeteria without Jackie, for a change, and was pleased to see that he had come on time. The room was only beginning to fill up, and the lineup was short. He picked up a plate of scrambled eggs, hash browns, and sausages and poured himself a large mug of coffee, then took his tray and looked about the room. He was looking for an empty chair, and, more importantly, for the young woman he'd seen earlier that morning.

And there she was, sitting at one end of a long, white-covered table, a small vulpix at her side. Luckily, she had her back to the buffet, which would let him come up without being seen. Which he did. He came up to her left and said cooly,

"Hi. Is this seat taken?"

He was wearing a snappy black and grey striped shirt and a pleasant smile, though his eyes were quizzical.

Last edited:

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
  • ~Chapter 1: Four Island~
    Meet-'n-Greetings​

Lauren didn't jump like the Narrator half-expected her to at the sound of Alexander's voice; instead, the woman slowly unleashed a thin-sounding sigh and shrugged to his question; she didn't even do so much as look at him.

"Does it look occupied t' ya?" she inquired just as cooly. Indeed, the chair to her right didn't have any signs of being used at all. "Family styled seatin'; ya can sit wherever ya want. This is 'bout those two twits, I presume?" Lauren asked further, now showing no efforts to hide the sound of slight agrivation in her voice. Rosiary blinked during the pair's exchange and looked up at the other human; instintively, she shrunk back; he looked extremely giant right now to her tiny, newly born mind.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • Chapter 1 cont. still - *At Last!*

Well, it came down to this. The Pokemon Center had to be the most boring place in the whole island. But, there was a computer, which would come in use for her. She walked over to it, and turned it on. Typing in the number of her brother's laptop, she waited for him to pick up. At long last, the screen blipped and Colin's face appeared.

"Yo, 'Terra', how are ya doing?" he asked in a matter-of-fact tone. Gale scowled at Colin's familiar remark, and sighed.

"Well, just to let you know, I'm in Four Island, so don't look for me in Ecruteak, 'k?" Colin seemed to be a tad surprised.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, how'd you get THERE? Unless you had Zuri swim there, but it would take you at least two days from Kanto! And three days from Johto!"

"Well, thanks to you, I had a ticket to get to Saffron, then I met Jasmine in Vermilion, who gave me a ticket to get to Four Island. How lucky is that?" Gale smirked at the thought of her brother not realizing her intelligence.

"Oh. OK, then... By the way, I have Kaen and Blaze, if you still want them..." Colin lifted up two Premier Balls. "They're both level 5, and they both have an Egg Move each. You're a very lucky person, as I took them from a breeder who cared about nothing but perfecting his Pokemon. Want me to send them to you?" Gale nodded, as she had anticipated this moment for so long. Colin placed the balls onto what seemed to be an odd-looking telephone. The PokeBalls suddenly disappeared, and reappeared on Gale's end. Gale thanked Colin, then turned off the monitor before he could say anything else. Glancing at her new Pokemon, Gale gave a sigh of joy.

(OK, if you find it unfair for her to get these guys early, then let me know and I'll have Gale transfer them back to Colin in the next post. And if it's OK, can Kaen (the Vulpix) be shiny?)

Gumshoe Satyr

Clone 489024-9
    Years
  • "C'mon, Cloud, you can do it! Just flap your wings, and let your instinct take things from there!" Ann shouted, encouragingly, to the small Swablu beside her. At only about half a typical Swablu's size, he was still quite young. Lifting his cotton-like wings, Cloud jumped into the air while flapping as hard as he could. He glided wobbly through the air for a few seconds before pitching forward and hitting the ground beak first.

"Cloud, you alright?" Ann asked as she picked the small, blue Pokemon up, brushing the dirt out of his feathers. Although tears formed in the corners of the Swablu's eyes, Cloud nodded. Sighing in relief, Ann assured him, "Don't worry, pal. You'll be flying as well as Bell in no time or maybe even better. You'll see. Just need to keep practicing." Bell, a Pidgeot who was sitting several feet away, smiled and nodded in agreement. Comforted, Cloud leaped onto Ann's right shoulder just as a voice called from the direction of the family home.

"Ann!... I've got that letter we told about. Where are you!?" When she saw her father in the distance, Ann waved her hands to catch his attention.

"We're over here, Dad!" As soon he reached her, she added,"I was just helping Cloud practice his flying. He's getting better all the time, but I think he still has a ways to go. He'll get there though." Before her father answered, Ann noticed that the rest of her Pokemon- Blitz, a Blaziken; Comet, a Luxray; and Lily, a Phanpy- had all come with him.

"That sounds good. Anyway, here's the letter. What do you think you're going to do?" Pulling the letter out of the envelope, Ann read it aloud even though her mom had read it to her over the phone:

~Prof. Truan

After thinking for several seconds, she grinned broadly and said, "You know as well as I do that there's no way I'll be able to sleep without finding out what this is all about. Don't worry.... I'll be careful. Besides, I'll have my Pokemon with me." All of the Pokemon, including little Cloud, nodded in agreement. "Hmm... Four Island.... That's in Kanto. Well, at least that's where I was heading in the first place. If this Professor Truan turns out to be some kind of nut, I can still enter the Pokemon League there. Do you know how I can get there, Dad?"

"Well, If memory serves me, I believe you can take a ship from Slateport to Vermilion, and from Vermilion, you can take a ferry to Four Island. You need me to help you pack?" Shaking her head, Ann wrapped her dad in a tight hug.

"Nah... I've still got just about everything I need already packed. Bye, Dad. I'll call you soon and let you know how things are going." She quickly returned Blitz, Comet, and Lily to their pokeballs, but Cloud stubbornly jumped off her shoulder and knocked the pokeball away with his wing, pleading with his eyes to let him stay out. Trying to hide her smile, Ann faked a sigh and let the little Swablu squirm on her arm for a few seconds before winking and replying, "Oh, alright. I'll let you ride shotgun. You need all the help you can get for your flying anyway, right?" After Cloud leaped joyfully back onto her shoulder, Ann climbed onto Bell's feathery back and waved to her father as he grew smaller and smaller below her. "Look out, Four Islands! Here we come!" she shouted into the clear air as her Pidgeot shot forward at a breath-taking speed, gripping a small, leather strap that Bell wore across her back so she wouldn't lose her balance.

Some time later, Ann pulled out her pokenav to check their progress. Satisfied, she said, "Look like we're going to be in Slateport in no time, guys. Whoa, watch out!" Just ahead of them, a net was stretched between two trees in a shadowy part of the forest, which made it nearly impossible to see. Bell tried to swerve out of the way, but at the speed she was going, they hit the net a millisecond later. Fortunately, her wings weren't completely tangled, but they were still falling toward the ground at a frightening speed and it was impossible to change direction. Below them, Ann could see a large jagged rock that they were falling toward as if they were magnetically drawn to it. We're dead! Even as she thought this and fearfully closed her eyes, she felt a sudden strong updraft, and when she opened her eyes again, she saw that they were gliding safely over the danger. "Man! Who's gonna believe that we were saved by a crazy wind!?"

Before she could give it anymore thought, strong vines shot out and wrapped around her and her two Pokemon, setting them safely on the ground. "Wow, thanks a lot..." Ann began but quickly cut off her sentence when she saw that her savior was a young, blonde girl, wearing a black uniform with a large, red 'R' printed across the front. "Uhh.... You're from Team Racket, right?"

"That's Team Rocket, you twit!" the girl growled irritatedly, her face reddening slightly. Unfazed, Ann just grinned a little good-naturedly before replying, "Oh, sorry. I don't see many of your kind around here in Hoenn. Since I'm on my way to Kanto, I guess I'll have to remember that. Team Rocket, huh? Is it true that you steal people's Pokemon? Anyway, thanks for the save. That fall could've ended badly."

The Team Rocket grunt's face reddened even more in frustration and her pokemon, a Victreebell, readied itself to attack. "Boy, are you dumb! I set up that net so I could steal your Pokemon! Now hand them over, starting with that Swablu." Ann's face darkened a little when the grunt demanded that she hand over Cloud, but she shrugged and responded, "Oh, I know that. I guess I just thought it was funny that your face gets so red everytime you get upset. Anyway, there's no way I'm letting you get your slimy hands on Cloud, so it's time to get serious! Blitz, cut the net with Slash and take out that Victreebell with your Flamethrower!"

As she threw her Blaziken's pokeball out of the net, she heard the girl barking out her own orders. "Don't let them get loose, Victreebell. Stop that Pokemon with your Vine Whip." Using his Agility, Blitz easily dodged the grass Pokemon's vines and cut the net to shreds. He then sent a fiery blast toward his attacker, which the Victreebell fractically tried to dodge, but it slammed into it, sending it crashing into its trainer. "Great job as always, Blitz," Ann said proudly as she returned him to his pokeball. "Anybody hurt?" she asked Bell and Cloud, concerned. Cloud jumped happily into her arms showing that he was fine, but Bell held her left wing at a weird angle. Feeling around the wing carefully, Ann was relieved to discover that it wasn't broken but got some bandages from her backpack and wrapped it up, knowing that she probably needed to get her to a Pokecenter as soon as possible. She then put the Pidgeot in her Pokeball.

"Looks like it's just you and me, Cloud. It's too far for us to walk and make it on time, so look as cute and fluffy as possible 'cause we're going to have to hitchhike," Ann joked as she swung her backpack over her shoulder. Cloud returned to his place on her right shoulder and, not realizing that she was joking, began to preen his feathers and puff them out as best as he could. Chuckling softly, Ann took off at a jog, heading toward where her pokenav said a road was supposed to be. Better get out of her before that crazy Rocket girl wakes up and comes after us again. We can't afford many more delays. After running on the road for about an hour, blue car came down the road, stopping beside the weary trainer.

The passenger window rolled down, revealing a middle-aged man driving with a woman, apparently his wife, sitting next to him. "Slateport.... how long?" Ann managed to gasp. Boy, I've gotten so spoiled riding on Bell wherever I go. The woman smiled kindly at Ann and looked questioningly at her husband, smiling even more broadly when he nodded. "Hop in. We'll get you there in about half an hour. We were headed there anyway. I'm Christi Golins, and this is my husband Josh. What a cute Swablu!"

"Score, Cloud! I told ya we'd find a ride," Ann whispered to her Pokemon before answering the couple. "Thanks a lot! I'm Ann, and this is Cloud. We're trying to catch the boat to Kanto." While riding with the Golins, she discovered that there'd be a boat leaving soon after she arrived. She would have just enough time to take Bell to the Pokecenter before she'd have to board. Sure enough, half an hour later, the car pulled into the port city of Slateport, and Ann was dropped off at the Pokecenter. After briefly examining Bell's wing, Nurse Joy announced that it was only a slight sprain that would heal completely in three or four days, which alleviated much of Ann's concern.

A few moments later, Ann was running toward the docks. "We're going to have to hurry, Cloud! If we miss this ship, we might have to wait 'til tomorrow for another one and that'll be too late. Cloud pointed a wing toward a ship just pulling into the harbor. "Nah.... That's not it, pal. That one goes between Lilycove and Slateport. Ahh, I think that's it." Heading toward a ship, she bought a ticket, and a few minutes later, was hanging out on the deck, waiting for it to depart. "You ready for a new adventure, Cloud?"

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2024
    Redux.

Ch. 1 REDUX
    Aragorn woke up and raced up a hill to feel the fresh air... only to trip and remember that he was in a huge cave. "owww......" Aragorn complained " jeez, how do I manage to trip on smooth ground? ugh..., anyways, I should get going." he then looked at the letter he received from the professor. "soon we should be going to thr..." he murmured and then tripped again- while standing still! when he got up he glanced at the letter again and started to panic. "aaaaaaaaa!!!! Thats today! I have to get to three Islands today, and I'm stuck in the middle of a huge cave!!! so many things are going wrong!" as if to punctuate his point, the cave started to rumble. "oh for...!" Aragorn exclaimed "aaahhh!!! Landslide! Cave-in! Sol, we've gotta get out of here!" he yelled and called out Sol, preparing to get on the Charizard and fly.
    "Char! Char!"
    "Let's get out of here!"

Chapter one part one FIN.

Will be edited but I've gotta go.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back