• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

+ the PokéCommunicators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
What do you think about the new server? Is your PC experience a little bit better or worse?

It's actually quite better, now that it's not crashing all the time. The server upgrade was definitely something well needed and without the contributing donations by the green-colored supporters we wouldn't have gotten our new sever.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
What do you think about the new server? Is your PC experience a little bit better or worse?

Personally, I don't feel any difference at all.

Years

The new server was definitely well-needed for an always-expanding community such as PC, and considering how PC currently has a 10+ year old database, it certainly needed room for expansion. As for my experience, it hasn't really changed other than the fact that there has been improvement in page loading times and definitely lack of extended downtime of 30 minutes to a few hours.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I think PC is better ever since PC changed its server, that I rarely see PC down nowadays. (and the usual maintenance is one good exception for that)

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
This is so obvious...

What do you think of the name changes coming back?

Well, thanks to the programming god Audy, and the server lord Steve, I'd say it's great having name changes! Btw, this is Gunner or Lady Gunner for those who don't know ;3

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I absolutely love it! I'll miss being [supporter]Laugh[/supporter], but I have to say, I think [supporter]Hannah[/supporter] looks great on me. (Duh, 'cause it's my real name.) Besides, it would be a good change if people call me Hannah instead of Laugh.

Edit You should really update the first post, Gunner, what with all the name changes and stuff.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I love it. Not going to make use of it, haha, but still. It's nice to be able to vary a bit again. If you want to.

And yeah, update the first post if you haven't yet, gunner ;)

Years

I think it's really great, especially given I wasn't around when we last had them. I do plan on using it sometime next year because while I did love this name, it's almost like 3 years old and I need something fresh so I chose one of my battle server identities. Plus, I want to put more connection to my love of Oshawott in there.

Starry Windy

Years
It's a very welcoming step because now I can change into the names that I like, especially because I joined when the name changes are unavailable at that time. And I was changing my name to Starry Windy at this point.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years

I like it! I've never been able to experience this feature because of obvious reasons, but I'm very glad that it has returned. Although with its arrival came all the name confusions and whatnot, I mostly still can tell who's who by their avatars and sigs, or in worst cases, by their statistics tab. I really appreciate all the hard work our admins have put in to make this work for us. Looking forward to my next name change!

Salzorrah

Years
Well, 2013 is wrapping up quite nicely, here's some food for thought...

What is your overall 2013 PokeCommunity experience been?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years

My experience has been quite good for 2013, I would think. Great so far! And tbh, I got more active this year--good sign! Good sign! I know I barely posted this year, but whatever, right? Posts don't really matter~. I plan to become more active in the coming year of 2014.

Years

It was kinda half-and-half, I was very active for most of the year but my activity took a toll for a few weeks recently due to my computer getting fixed, but now that it's back in my hands I am back to my usual activity. I do hope 2014 turns out better for me, because I hope to accomplish more things here besides getting a coveted Veteran emblem once March rolls around.

Starry Windy

Years
There are lots of ups and downs for me, but in overall, my PC experience is going good.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Ooh I would like to join!

Username: Bruce Banner
Reason for Joining the Club: Because I enjoy PC! :D
Who's PC's Site Admin?: Rukario

It's been a good year I think. I've made a few new friends, and am making more. I really enjoy coming on here and chatting with friends. :)

Woo we now cray cray. :p

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

My activity here really slumped at the beginning of the year, and I blame Lent for it...meaning I couldn't log on PC for forty days straight because it was something I had to give up. I was still Leaf Storm at the time, and I felt that my activity here was really horrible and there was no use for me to actually be on. So I took the break, and came back April Fools day where the anonymous Pokemon joke took place and I decided to switch back to this account, aaaand that's where I made the final switch back, leaving Leaf Storm behind.

But still, my activity worsened, and it was because I was losing so much interest. So I contemplated leaving, but I had already volunteered to host a few get-together events so eventually that convinced me to stay a little longer. And indeed I did! I just couldn't leave. During the get-together I met such incredible people like bis, Mori, Jz, Apollo, and many others. And then I moved on to the battle server where I met even more peeps. What really was wrong with me was that all year I couldn't work myself to meet brand new people that were worth meeting. While I worked on my social skills on PC, I also began to work on my activity a little more. Basically, this year, compared to the past two, was just filled with so many ups and downs that I can't seem to follow, and I'm ending this year on such positive note.

Salzorrah

Years

I think this has been a great year for me since I am slowly becoming active and being a server regular helped me connect to PC more :D I just hope 2014 is better :D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
What has your overall 2013 PokeCommunity experience been?

Me slumping in the RP department due to severe writer's block, but I found other parts of PC to post in and got modded in one! So the latter half of the year has been wonderful, finetuning Pokémon General and finally gotten back my spark for writing <3 So I'll likely end the year with even more RPing and writing! All in all it's been a very active year for me. I've almost been logged on every day.

Salzorrah

Years
You know, I still think that PC really changed my life in some way since I am becoming more active, knowing people across the globe and all and it feels nice knowing that in my almost 3 year stay here at PC was meaningful and happy :D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I was kinda bothered that this group is waaaaay down on the index. Time for a new topic if anyone doesn't mind! :3 I don't want it to die tbh. xD

Any PC-related resolutions for 2014? Are you planning to be a little more active? Maybe become a little more social? Participate in more events, more sections, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back