• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PokéCommunity Battle Frontier Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Then the team is structured far too much around one Pocket Monster. My Umbreon leads and cripples, by the chance it gets frozen, Salamence and Suicune work well together to intimidate drain or pressure stall, meaning I still have the chance to win without it.

Glad to see it's getting some success, but I'm just saying, while the caution ability of the team is great, not stuffing up is still valuable.

edit2: let me clarify something: I think trying to make the game board's effects on you null is great, I'm not doubting that, and that even goes in with my points about structure. I'm just saying things can go a lot smoother if you have the game board on your side, not the other way around, which I've come to control for the most. Because let's say you get the ally item panel and are run by choice specs, if you win, you want to have the skill and ability to grab the ally berry to get that handicap off your chest. Though when I got specs, I was so nervous I kept missing berry or item by one panel. XDD

And definitely, misses and such happen, hence why your structure should prevail. But I will not believe that the game board just goes and decides a game, someone goes into the arcade expecting these handicaps and effects, and that person should be aware. In other words, if they get the ally burn panel with an entirely physical team, their fault, not the board's. While you can say, "well it's the board's fault because they were burned"... but the blame in the end all goes on the team's structure, does it not?

EDIT: On a slightly different topic...

:D

edit3: Also, are you at 77 or wherever now, 'cause I'll gladly put you up on the list now. d(' 'd)

Wow that records is amazing

masterlink

bring it on!
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 14, 2014
    battle tower team suggestions

ok i need help in the battle frontier and i only chose 1 pokemon for battle tower

electrvire lv.54
    thunderpunch
    ice punch
    earthquake
    crosschop
    it has mgnet and is adamant

i can get the magmortar from poketopia is that a good idea

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    Am currently at 35 in the Battle Arcade with

Spoiler:

the items listed are used in the Battle Tower where I'm currently at 21. Just collecting the symbols of all the venues before I continue any of my streaks. Stupid Battle Factory, lost on Battle 17 in Open Level, three times in a row now. Grr!

ok i need help in the battle frontier and i only chose 1 pokemon for battle tower

electrvire lv.54
    thunderpunch
    ice punch
    earthquake
    crosschop
    it has mgnet and is adamant

i can get the magmortar from poketopia is that a good idea

Try a Water type like Gyarados to use the old Gyaravire strategy. I suggest a Trick Scarf Starmie though, if you can lock your opponent into an electric move (which it'll attract) and then switch to Vire, you've basically given yourself the speed boost ability :) I hope this thing has EV's, and you might want to try Life Orb, Expert Belt or even Muscle Band over Magnent which is really doing you little good. (Togekiss will also work)

For that third slot, go with a Stat upper who has some sort of resistance Starmie (or Togekiss) takes Supper Effective damage too. Or in general something that resists weaknesses of both Vire and whoever else you choose to use. A steel type or someone like Breloom maybe. Whatever you feel comfortable with.

Last edited:

Malevolent Mismagius

Bulky Metagross!
    Years
    I made an impact in Battle Hall with a new mixmence (standard smogon set): 130 wins before it lost to my DS card coming out in my pocket >_>

In Battle Hall, I went to 28. I can't remember the teams from my 1st, 2nd and 4th streaks, but here was the team that beat Thorton:

Kingdra
    Dragon Dance
    Iron Head
    Outrage
    Waterfall

Togekiss
    Heat Wave
    Air Slash
    Magical Leaf
    Ancient Power

Tyranitar@ Life Orb
    Dragon Dance
    Stone Edge
    Crunch
    EQ

This was a long time ago so I can't remember items or natures apart from Life Orb on TTar, so I'm a bit iffy and errors might have been made. I haven't played platinum for a month now because I'm doing a momnotype water challenge on my Leafgreen (yay gyara) >_>

Leyt

Absolution
    Years
    What just happened is something that happens far too often.

I was on a solid 15-win streak when I was told that up next was a Gliscor. "All right," I said to myself. "Whiscash will just use Blizzard (I think that's what it was) and I'll be on my way to the Factory Head in no time." Well, that didn't happen. Everything went wrong. At first, Dragonite and Gliscor popped out (double battles). My excitement grew as I knew that a swift Blizzard would take care of them both. But, no. Espeon starts us off with a Psychic on Dragonite (maybe that should have been on Gliscor to potentially have saved my ass) and takes out a bit more than half of his health. Next, Gliscor used Earthquake. I was worried, but both of my Pokemon survived with good chunks of health left. "****ing awesome," I was thinking.

Nope. Dragonite uses Dragon Rush, knocks out my Whiscash, and now I'm sending out Abomasnow. Still I have an advantage. Espeon Psychics Dragonite, Gliscor kills Espeon with another Earthquake, and I guess Abomasnow missed with his Blizzard (I was looking away). Well, Lapras gets sent out and I'm thinking, "Aight, I still have a chance." Blizzard destroys Gliscor after a strong Fire Fang puts Abomasnow in red. I don't even know what Lapras did. Whatever it did doesn't really matter, because as I was gearing up with an Energy Ball to end the battle, that ****ing thing uses Sheer Cold, it hits, and I lose. Obviously I've lost on streaks I thought were going somewhere, but this one just sucks. For all I know, that Energy Ball could have landed a critical hit, and I would have been victorious.

Bleh, I'll start on another one later. For now, I need to go get my workout done.

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    Well for the Battle Factory Single Open level my current streak is 28 with 21 trades, and still going.

I currently dont have a Battle Frontier team, although Im thinking of going Garchomp, Empoleon, and Heracross, and will see how that goes! Empoleon and Heracross are sort of the loose ones here, Im thinking of maybe switching it so its Machamp, Garchomp, and someone else. Not sure about the last spot.

Last edited:

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    I hit a new multi battle w/ friend record last week. I guess he's known as killstreak on the forums, but he's never on (and I don't think he's posted once..).

We got to the 43rd (lost on that one) because of some hax and bad matchups. Those Arcanine with Extremespeed threaten the crap out of every team we go in with for some reason. =\

So yeah, a streak of 42. I had Azelf (Wise glasses) and Metagross (Shuca Berry), he went with Weavile (Muscle Band) and Alakazam (Focus Sash). He likes those focus items..

Last edited:
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    New record for Battle Frontier (Open Level)! I got a 20 streak with 11 trades. I had a Nidoqueen with Earthquake, Poison Jab, Crunch, and something else (forgot), a Lucario with Close Combat, Earthquake, Blaze Kick, and Shadow Claw, and a Shuckle with Double Team, Power Trick, Substitute, and Earthquake. I lost against Thorton, who had a Wailord and Hypno, the third I didn't see.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    So in Emerald today I finally got my Gold Symbold in the Battle Tower! So I figured I might as well post my winning team because I'm a show-off (and I get insane hax lolololol :x)

Slaking @ Choice Band
    Trait: Traunt
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Satk)
    - Return
    - Earthquake
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hyper Beam

This is probably the best lead in the whole battle tower. Unless it's up against a Steel-type not weak to Earthquake or is outsped and OHKOed (which is near impossible - even Machamp's Cross Chop fails to OHKO), it's going to get a kill on your opponent's lead. Hyper Beam is powerful enough to OHKO stuff even bulky stuff like Suicune, and it 2HKOes Skarmory. Traunt sucks, and so does being forced to stay in after Hyper Beam (AKA how I found out about Machamp Cross Chop's damage output lol), but all things considered this runs over everything.

Suicune @ Chesto Berry
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Rest

Imported this from Pokemon XD with decent IVs, and man is it awesome. Electric and Grass attacks have to be STABed or they won't 2HKO, even before a CM. The cool thing about this is that the computer rarely switches, so it can come in on something that can't hurt it and set up easily. The only attacks with 3HKO potential on this are STAB Double-Edges...it's just that good. It deals with Fire-types especially because they're annoying, though its SAtk IV is just low enough that Surf will fail to OHKO most of them unless I get in a CM.

Regice @ Leftovers
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 56 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Toxic
    - Rest

Regice is the third wheel, and honestly, it was very much the weak link. It was amazing in the Battle Dome, but with its Chesto Berry (since Suicune needs it), it's much more difficult to keep Regice healthy. Still, Toxic is nice for Double Team spammers (most of whom don't have Rest for whatever reason), and BoltBeam is always useful.

Metagross @ Leftovers
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Def
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Meteor Mash
    - Earthquake
    - Explosion
    - Rock Slide

This was my substitute for Regice for the final round when I had to play Anabel. She has Latios and Snorlax, so I wanted to be able to wall Latios thoroughly (it only has Dragon Claw and Psychic), and crushing Snorlax with Explosion doesn't hurt either. Metagross is always useful, though its damage output falls significantly without Choice Band. The extra survivability is welcome though, as Metagross is a bulky fellow.

So yeah, I know there isn't a record thread for RSE, but now I'm up to 3 Gold Symbols. I sure hope the Battle Arena and Battle Palace facilities are as easy as this one was (well, usually, sometimes I needed a little luck to avoid getting crushed).

And no, there won't be a battle log for this one. The battle was just too lopsided as I beat poor Anabel into the ground. Slaking outspeeding Raikou illustrates my point clearly enough I would hope...

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
    I got to 56 in the Battle Castle single battle but then I got rudely annihalated by an Electivire who kn ew all 3 elemental punches.

Garchomp

Fire Fang
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Outrage

Scizor

Bullet Punch
    U-Turn
    Superpower
    Swords Dance

Suicune

Rest
    Calm Mind
    Ice Beam
    Surf

Last edited:
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I am working on Battle Tower, and I am 70 and still going. :D

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    can i have a good gengar set for the battle tower and arcade please,
    im planing on using
    garchomp and gengar, who else should i use

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    Well crap.... I think I lost my Platinum, so I don't have the video with me, but I got to a record of 21 on the Battle Factory with 4 trades. Yeah.. 4 trades, deal wit it =p

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    may i ask, how come everyone seems to find the hall so hard, i got a 159 streak with a none ev'd garchomp and 137 with a none evd empoleon(my starter,naive nature) that has shadow claw for god's sake

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    may i ask, how come everyone seems to find the hall so hard, i got a 159 streak with a none ev'd garchomp and 137 with a none evd empoleon(my starter,naive nature) that has shadow claw for god's sake
    Hax can happen sometimes. I lost to a Slowbro who froze me with Ice Beam. :x

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    hey guys, I'm back from vacation now, so I'll have all the records up within a few days~

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    how come all of the battle frontier seem to have bright powder, i lost to a blizzard wiscash when outrage missed,GGGGGRRRRR. could starmie go with typhlosion and chomp

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back