• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PokéCommunity Battle Frontier Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detox

Hmmm.....how I do hate Quick Claws...I was trying to get to 100 in the battle tower (singles) When A Gliscor K.O'd most of my team. Froslass killed it, but it died due to them having an Absol >_>

Heres the team:

Spoiler:

I just love how Guillotine always hits...

BTW I was stopped at 96

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
  • Some new records:

Battle Tower Single: 28(on streak)

Battle Arcade Single: 34(dead)

Battle Castle Single: 28(dead)

I used this team for all of them:

Salamence@Choice Band
    252 atk, 252 spd
    Adamant Nature
    ~Fire Fang
    ~Dragon Claw
    ~EQ
    ~Stone Edge

Porygon-Z@Choice Specs
    252 sp atk, 252 spd
    Modest Nature
    ~Tri Attack
    ~Psychic
    ~Dark Pulse
    ~Thunderbolt

Cresselia@Lefties
    252 def, 200 sp def, 52 sp atk (I think...)
    Calm Nature
    ~Psychic
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Rest
    ~Sleep Talk

Later on, Cresselia was really killing my streaks, so I swapped her for this:

Milotic@Leftovers
    Timid Nature
    I don't remember the EVs...something with Def, Sp Atk and Spd.
    ~Surf
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Recover
    ~Mirror Coat

I think my team needs a revamp. I looked at the "directions" at the top, but it didn't really say...is this the right place to ask for a rate, or should I look to the "individual moveset" place for that?

I got to 49 in the Battle Hall with my LOZelf:
    Azelf @ Life Orb
    Naive
    36 Atk/252 SpA/220 Spe
    Psychic
    Flamethrower
    Explosion
    Energy Ball

Got to battle 50 to fight Argenta and... she pulled LATIOS on me, and that was the end of it :<

Y'know, explosion at the Battle Hall ain't such a great move. =/ You lose if you die, even if the other guy dies too.

Last edited:

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Updated, if I've missed you, please speak up.

Also Dunder, of course you're allowed, although I do discourage consistent overwhelming never-going-to-stop RMT posts, as I said in the introduction messages. XD

ray236

Hunter J's Partner In Crime
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 4, 2009
    i have a 84 battle record in the battle hall with gyrados
    gyrados(adamant)*shiny
    item:choice band
    ev's:4 hp,252 attk,252 speed
    -avalanche
    -outrage
    -aquatail
    -e-quake

i have beat argenta twice
    first she took out moltres(pwned it)
    but then i lost at 84 battle to bronzor(yes i know)
    in my current record 50 something she took out mesprite pwned it too

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Loving the new thread BeachBoy, it is looking fantastic and well organized. Oh yeah, I'll throw up one of my current runs as well.

Battle Hall
    Singles
    Streak is still going ^^

Latias@Life Orb
    Levitate
    Timid Nature
    252 SpA/252 Spe/4 Def

• Draco Meteor
    • Thunderbolt
    • Surf
    • Recover
    Currently on a streak of 50, as I just got the silver print on my Vs Recorder. Latias has great typing along with a great movepool. The offensive set was chosen so I could actually get through battles without useless stalling. The set can hit everything for neutral, and hits a lot of types for Super Effective damage as well. Latias is chosen over Latios for her superior defensive stats, and her SpA stat is still impressive as is.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Well, my streak ended at 164. =\ Oh in the world did it end the same streak Beachy's D/P team did? I forgot what happened. X_x But, I do remember having an Infernape KO my Scizor with Flamethrower (I did around 50% when he hit with BP), then my last Pokemon was Starmie. Of course I thought I was safe, but then Surf MISSED (HOW DOES IT MISS WITH 100% ACCURACY?). =\ It used Focus Blast and it ended. =| I am going to probably have another go at it tomorrow though.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • My best record would probably be the Battle Hall right now with a 71 streak.

Infernape@Focus Sash
    Standard Sp. Mix EVs
    -Flamethrower
    -Close Combat
    -Grass Knot
    -HP [ ICE ]

Worked pretty well until a Quick Claw Ludicolo came along. :/

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Well, my streak ended at 164. =\ Oh in the world did it end the same streak Beachy's D/P team did? I forgot what happened. X_x But, I do remember having an Infernape KO my Scizor with Flamethrower (I did around 50% when he hit with BP), then my last Pokemon was Starmie. Of course I thought I was safe, but then Surf MISSED (HOW DOES IT MISS WITH 100% ACCURACY?). =\ It used Focus Blast and it ended. =| I am going to probably have another go at it tomorrow though.
    633 | Infernape | Modest | Brightpowder | Flamethrower | Focus Blast | SolarBeam | Sunny Day | SpA/Spe

Says hi.

I'll update the thread in a bit~

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Still using that same Latias, got my streak up to 120 (I'll take a picture when then streak is actually done :P). A Shiftry almost killed me because Draco missed, but the second one OHKOed ^^

=major yum!

I abide by the Gricean Maxims
    Years
  • My battle tower streak of 80 was finished when a Weavile managed to survive a Dragon pulse from my Latios. I wasn't watching so I'm not even sure if he had a focus sash. Weavile had used Night slash and managed to get my Latias down to 12 HP. I switched, wanting to preserve Latias for a later and Scizor took a critical hit from Night Slash. Things then went from bad to worse and my Snorlax was eventually killed by a +2 Gunk Shot from a Cursing Muk.

My team is:

Latios@ Choice Specs
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Timid
    252 SpAtk/252 Spe/ 4?(I don't know because I got off Wi-Fi, but I think it's in Def)

Draco Meteor
    Dragon Pulse
    Thunder Bolt
    Surf

It's a pity that Soul Dew doesn't work in the battle tower, but Specs work well enough as plenty of teams are swept by Dragon Pulse alone.

Scizor@ Life orb
    Ability: Technician
    Nature: Adamant
    252 Atk/176 Hp/ 80 spe

Bullet Punch
    Super Power
    Roost
    Swords Dance

Scizor resists super effective moves aimed at Latios, and can take out annoying pokemon like double team Umbreon and Blissey, both of which I ALWAYS seem to come up against. Roost once saved me the game against a Driftblim who would have killed me with aftermath otherwise.

Snorlax@ Leftovers
    Ability: Thick fat
    Nature: Careful
    168 Hp/120 Def/220 SpDef

Yawn
    Body Slam
    Rest
    Crunch

Snorlax absorbs Fire and Ice type attacks directed at my other two pokemans and is immune to ghost attacks trying to kill Latios. Yawn is an invaluable move in the battle tower as it almost garuntees a free switch in. The paralysis from Body slam has come in handy and Crunch is useful for hitting dangerous ghosts and psychics. Rest is just a filler move really and doesn't get used enough to warrant an item switch to Chesto Berry.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Updated.

Hey, Jake, thank you for that mention of proof. Ya'know, this thread is pretty much about honestly, and I expect the people posting to have the moral maturity to be honest. Showing solid evidence that you are indeed true to your word is cool with me. Nothing against people that don't, but to ease any concerns or worries helps. :D

Also, for the record, if I believe a record is suspicious, I may ask for such proof. Or simply call you out and trash something obviously wrong, lol.

Oh, major yum, I didn't catch your SpecsMence in the hall post earlier, did you lose on battle 51...? (glad I did, actually, because seems you slipped up on colors, haha XD) You said you got the silver print, but I didn't know whether you lost to that Blissey after that or what. Correct me if I'm wrong, please. :D

=major yum!

I abide by the Gricean Maxims
    Years
  • I haven't lost in the Battle Hall yet but just stopped playing as soon as I got the Silver symbol. Sorry if my post was misleading.

BTW can I post a battle log of my exploits in the Battle Frontier in the Battle Log sub-forum?

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I'll post here with a fail record when I beat the Elite 4 in Platinum (Yay I got the game!)
    I just wanted the say the thread looks very, very nice Beachy.
    Good work :)

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Okay, NOW my streak is done XD Ended up at 138. Latias vs Garchomp. I outspeed it, Draco misses, and I'm OHKO'ed by Outrage :P So, just so we can see my set again (if anyone cares XD)

Latias@Life Orb
    Levitate
    Timid Nature
    252 SpA/252 Spe/4 Def

• Draco Meteor
    • Thunderbolt
    • Surf
    • Recover
    What I really should have done was used Dragon Pulse>Recover, as I didn't even use it once :P I'll update this with a pic when I have the chance

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    633 | Infernape | Modest | Brightpowder | Flamethrower | Focus Blast | SolarBeam | Sunny Day | SpA/Spe

Says hi.

I'll update the thread in a bit~
    X_x Of all times Surf had to miss, it had to be that time. >_> I think Surf had a 90% chance of hitting, and I fell into the 10%. =\

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Anti's Battle Dome Team!

Yes, me, the pinnacle of manliness, just won the Gold Symbol in the Battle Dome after destroying the Dome Ace. Of course, this is an RSE team, but I still figured I'd post it just in case anybody is curious, and it very rarely was even threatened unless there was insane hax involved (which happened a few times). I'm also including their IVs because I took the time to breed each Pokémon legitimately. Some IVs will match, which is because I used my 26 Atk / 31 Spd IVed Adamant Ditto for the breeding to get the IVs I wanted on these guys. Also, all of them are at level 73...don't ask, it was a random number and I was tired of training, even with the Lucky Egg I have in my possession. And no, I still don't have any nicknames for these sexy beasts, unfortunately. Battle Pyramid and Tower are my next big conquests, so see you then ;D

- - - - - - - - - -

Metagross @ Leftovers
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Def
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Meteor Mash
    - Earthquake
    - Explosion
    - Rock Slide

This was CBGross on my old team, but to make room for CBHera, I just gave it Leftovers for survivability, and they've proven useful. Still, this has a ton of Attack power, even without boosted hits. Explosion is a crazy killing machine and usually clinches matches. Meteor Mash is for an obvious STAB attack, and the Attack boost is actually useful without a Choice Band. Earthquake and Rock Slide hit almost everything Meteor Mash does not. Metagross is also super bulky and has amazing defensive typing, making it a huge asset on the defensive end. This has to be one of the best Pokémon in RSE, period. My only gripe is that Meteor Mash and Rock Slide have a bad habit of missing a lot, which can do me in in the hax-filled Battle Frontier.

IVs: 22 HP / 26 Atk / 30 Def / 31 Spd / 15 SAtk / 30 SDef

- - - - - - - - - -

Heracross (♂) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Guts
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Megahorn
    - Brick Break
    - Rock Slide
    - Return

CBHera hits like a nuke, even with weaker attacks than you're all used to seeing. Megahorn might have shaky accuracy, but the near-surefire OHKO on everything that doesn't resist it more than makes up for it. Brick Break is the "safe" option of his two STAB attacks, and it destroys omnipresent Normal-types very effectively. Rock Slide is for everything that Stone Edge is for in DP, but slightly better accuracy and a flinch chance has its advantages. I try to avoid using it though because it just loves to miss as if it was Horn Drill. Return has been surprisingly useful: it does the most damage to Poison-types like Tentacruel and Weezing, and it is very reliable. Since Heracross is rarely inflicted with status, I figured Facade wasn't worth it.

IVs: 25 HP / 26 Atk / 31 Def / 31 Spd / 12 SAtk / 28 SDef

- - - - - - - - - -

Starmie @ Scope Lens
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Recover

Starmie is the true sweeper of the team despite its attacking power being rather lacking. Ice Beam has failed to 2HKO Latias, for example. Still, Starmie's big advantage is its blistering Speed and STAB Surf, which allows me to wipe out Fire-types; this is important because Heracross and Metagross are weak to Fire, and most Fire-types will torch Metagross and Heracross before they can attack. Starmie is also the resident Dragon killer with Ice Beam, and Thunderbolt 2HKOes most Waters. Recover keeps Starmie alive, which is important because Starmie is a defensive Pokémon in disguise—even though it is a sweeper, my team's defenses fall apart without it, which is why Starmie was put in to begin with. The critical hits from Scope Lens are nice too.

IVs: 28 HP / 11 Atk / 29 Def / 31 Spd / 24 SAtk / 22 SDef

...And no I don't have any proof as far as pictures are concerned, but my frustration about those freaking Protect spamming Pelippers when I was training should be proof enough. Seriously, SUCK IT UP AND TAKE THIS ROCK SLIDE LIKE A MAN >=/

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2009
    Greetings, everyone! I am new to this whole forum business, so please correct me should I do something incorrectly in the forthcoming post, but my current record in the Battle Hall (streak already completed, which I shall elaborate on below) is 159. All success (and my eventual failure) comes from this guy:

Salamence@Choice Specs
    Intimidate
    Modest Nature
    6 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd

Draco Meteor
    Dragon Pulse
    Hydro Pump
    Flamethrower

Your classic SpecsMence set--outdated or outclassed or underused as it might be in today's metagame. The moveset worked wonders--Draco Meteor in particular--and permitted me to easily defeat the Frontier Brain's Rhyperior with Hydro Pump--lucky me, I suppose. I followed a simple pattern, using each set of ten to complete a type. My strategy led me to take out the Ice category first, considering Salamence's well-known 4x Weakness to the type; however, I neglected to take out Water early, which became my downfall. On the 10th match of the second-to-last type (I was finishing Water, leaving Electric as the final one, since I predicted Draco Meteor's dominance of all ten pokemon in that category), I faced a level 96 Walrein. Simple--it was Draco Meteor food. But, of course, that cockiness was unwarranted and, coupled with the "keep pressing 'A' until the set is finished" mentality, my Salamence's attack missed, leaving me open to a Blizzard that would OHKO me.

I reacted like anyone else would: I immediately released the Salamence for its shortcomings (joking, of course). I am sure you know how frustrating that is, though, considering I still needed 10 more to even get to an opportunity to battle for the Colored-Symbol.

I think I shall try the same thing with Latios (if he is allowed, and I think he is if I am not mistaken) since his specs set outclasses Salamence's. His more expansive movepool (i.e. Grass Knot, which would have been really handy), greater speed and special attack, access to Calm Mind and Recover (should I choose to go with a LO or Soul Dew instead of Choice Specs) and lack of a 4x Weakness to Ice should have appealed to me from the very beginning, but will surely be considered now (once again, only if I am not doing something 'illegal' or something by using him on a team in the frontier, in which case I will just go with Latias).

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Anti has a smexy team.

Well, I am taking a break from Battle Tower being frustrated at it, and I am doing to the Battle Hall this time! 8D I am currently 47 right now. =] Hopefully I won't be frozen this time around. =D

(if he is allowed, and I think he is if I am not mistaken)
    He is, you can use Soul Dew also so you won't be locked in Specs (same boost but has a SpD also). Try Latios/Latias>>Mence so you are not 4x weak to Ice Shard, and you are faster. =]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back